Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, like I said before, "Make your own group" generally just results in a bunch of 820's avoiding each other because they all see the others as bad and choose to try to wait for a group of "better" people.
    So its lower geared people that are the problem then, not wanting to group with like ilvl folks?

Us 40+ folks did it, how else do you think we got this high?

So, this line comes off as more, "820s want higher ilvls to carry them not run in a group of equally geared players.".
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Us 40+ folks did it, how else do you think we got this high?
    RNG?

/10char

Eh, like I said before, "Make your own group" generally just results in a bunch of 820's avoiding each other because they all see the others as bad and choose to try to wait for a group of "better" people.

And no, it's not about being "entitled". (Jesus, what is WITH you guys and having to make everything in this game such a damn referendum on everyone's life and personality and shit? It's gear in a video game, people.) It's just that the community basically decides on this shit the first week of an expansion now and if you fall behind you might as well just quit, and that isn't much fun.
    How about trying to be social and find a group of friends you can game with?

It's funny how people crying about asking for iLvl is causing the game to be antisocial, when it's the opposite. The people crying about iLvl are trying to jump in groups with randoms that they will never see again.

Find a good guild, make some friends, help them out, and you'll be astonished by the reciprocation. If you can find a good guild with mature folks, they will bring you in under-geared to help you out. It's when random folks are demanding you carry them on every run, it gets old. At least with the guild, they know, once they carry you and get your iLvl up, you'll help carry the next guy, or make it so they can work on 5 man progression, instead of being stuck carrying every lowbie on the server.

You generally did it with groups of friends and such. Which is fine, but we're mostly talking about solo pugs. (And solo DPS have it especially frustrating, I would imagine.)

Like I said, it's a community issue, not any one person. Within the first week of an expansion you get this item level breakpoint and anyone below it is "bad". Even people who are below it see everyone else that's below it as "bad". (They always have some excuse for themselves, of course.)
    I mean, I dont think they are bad, shit one of my healers and dps are still in the 810-820 range, they have a life and busy jobs.
    I will carry my friends with those low ilvls, but I have no interest it carrying strangers. And a lot of the times that happens, I had a mage last night 840 on the dot, barely breaking 100k, below me in dmg done by 20% through out the run, and Im the tank. Experience has taught me that no ilvl is insurance against bad players, but its at least a start. It shows the player has put in the work to get that lvl, proly run a couple of mythics and at least know what they are in for.

I got the time I have, I do not want to spend it carrying strangers to gear.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2016-09-14 at 05:45 PM.

So, this line comes off as more, "820s want higher ilvls to carry them not run in a group of equally geared players.".
    Hmm when i see people wanting an Ilvl that exceeds the gear that the content drops i just assume they are terrible at the game and need such geared players to over come their own inadequacies. Do people really get man over this? I just shake my head and mutter wanker and go on about my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Hmm when i see people wanting an Ilvl that exceeds the gear that the content drops i just assume they are terrible at the game and need such geared players to over come their own inadequacies. Do people really get man over this? I just shake my head and mutter wanker and go on about my day.
    Yeh, thats what it is. My raid team sucks so we dont want to fill our last slot with an 820, we want 840s to carry us. lol. Mythics drop up to 850, at 840, we are asking for players who have the gear to slam through the instance to get as many chances at uprolled gear as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

How are you "carrying" a healer in a 5-man, anyway? Either there just isn't that much to heal in the first place, or they're doing the job sufficiently, no?

This "carrying" based on item level mentality is kinda funny, people are so eager to throw it out there.
    My standard healer and I work well together, its a very smooth and stress free run, a low geared one makes me have to work harder, be more careful with pulls, use more rage on Defense opposed to dps, things of that nature. Just last night we brought in our 815 healer for a mythic. It went smooth enough, but I had to work more than I would if my 843 healer was healing and not DPSing.
    I dont mind doing that for friends, I have no reason to do it with randoms I will never see again. Not when the pool of 840s is quite large.

So you're not really "carrying" them, then. That's not the word.

I mean, when the mage in our group is doing barely more damage than the Priest spamming smite, that's an issue. But a healer making the tank work a little more, that's far from a "carry" at that point.
    Its term used for bringing in a player who will make the group work harder than if they had brought in some one of the appropriate ilvl, not going to argue semantics over it.

Yeh, thats what it is. My raid team sucks so we dont want to fill our last slot with an 820, we want 840s to carry us. lol. Mythics drop up to 850, at 840, we are asking for players who have the gear to slam through the instance to get as many chances at uprolled gear as possible.
    Sorry your raid team sucks but i was more referring to the people wanting such requirements for heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way - but I pay my 14.99$ a month, I don't feel like I should be carrying EVERY MOTHERFUCKING dungeon. Hey I love carrying, I actually do, it's kind of fun watching someone epically fail over and over, even when you attempt to help them in every single way during a mythic they somehow got into with you and the other team of VAPE NATION champions.. but the fact is.. Even though WoW isn't a JOB, it doesn't mean I should be bringing myself down to scrubknight level, EVERY DAY. Some days, I just want to roll with vape nation - and crush my enemies. Is that too much to ask for?
    Then stay the hell out of LFG. That's for people who actually can use gear for the dungeon. If you want to run with a fully overgeared group, then get yourself some friends and run with them. You sign up for a random heroic, you need to expect that you will see a lot of players at the minimum ilvl. And they don't expect to be carried, the expect to get better gear. If you don't want to carry a LFG group, then, like I said, stay the hell out. You're not really needed, the heroics are doable for most of us without having to deal with some uber-geared holier-than-thou craptard who's just going to make the run miserable for everybody else.

Yes, because if you can't get into a pug due to item level, guilds will just be dying to pick you up. (And again, the topic is mostly about solo players anyway. Many of us either already did the guild thing and can't really commit to one anymore, or just don't feel like it in the first place.)

I mean, I've raided with guilds that (probably) would put most of the, "omg i'm carrying" people to shame, but I just can't commit chunks of time to it anymore. So now I get randoms in shit guilds telling me how awful I am because I didn't no-life the first week.
    There are guilds all over the place looking for more people. Find one that has an active 5-man or raiding scene, and make some friends.

And I get it that this is about solo play, I just found it insulting that people suggesting requesting higher iLvl was causing the came to be anti-social. If folks were social in the first place, they wouldn't be bumming a ride from randoms. I would think the lack of random people inviting them into the content they are trying to get into would help convince them to find a guild or friends or both.

I'm not saying people need to be social. I don't like being social myself. I'm just saying, you can't use the argument that asking for higher iLvls is causing anti-social'ness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post

I'm not saying people need to be social. I don't like being social myself. I'm just saying, you can't use the argument that asking for higher iLvls is causing anti-social'ness.
    What is more antisocial than instantly rejecting someone based on an arbitrary number?

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Well,personally I found hilarious +740 ilvl requirements for the mythic dungeons,which popped the simple question "why the heck somebody with an ilvl so high would want to grind the mythic dungeons",yet if somebody put such requirement - it's his right. There're tons of groups in the group finder nowadays,and even if you can't the fitting one in that list,don't be lazy and make a little effort by making one - it's not that hard.
    Farming WF i do them on my 848 Paly and i dont have time to carry some 810 dudes on WF farms. I mean do your own GP inv all the 790 guys that ding 110 and have fun but stop rage about ppl that dont want them.

So you're not really "carrying" them, then. That's not the word.

I mean, when the mage in our group is doing barely more damage than the Priest spamming smite, that's an issue. But a healer making the tank work a little more, that's far from a "carry" at that point.
    "Carry" means lifting a heavier burden. The idea behind the term is that is a group of people all have to carry a specific weight and if some folks are carrying less, that will make other folks carry more. The weight of the load doesn't change. So it is a completely apt term, since the tanks % of the load is increased with a lower geared/skilled healer who is incapable of carrying their fair share of the load. That is to say, if that same healer had a tank who was matched with them in gear and skill, they would either fail, or it would be considerably more difficult because neither of them is capable of "carrying" the extra weight for the other.

11 time out of 10 I find people asking for 840+ are ilvl 800 if that and looking to be carried.

More people who are already overgeared.

I mean, yeah, I believed this line when I came back for WoD, so I just applied everywhere thinking that the crap about, "It's so hard to recruit!" and "Guilds need more people!" stuff was true. Turns out, they only need more people because Mythic drops X and they want people who are X+10 somehow.
    Sure, but you are still looking for a guild to carry you as a random. You have to get in the guild, do stuff at whatever level you can. Be friendly. Help folks out, and when you make friends, they will bring you to stuff. If you are joining a guild specifically for carrys, then it's the exact same thing as the pug. Try to join the guild and show your worth first.

- - - Updated - - -

That's certainly not how anyone has ever used it around me in the past. No one is "selling carries" to a 830 healer in Mythics just because they're 840 and so they may technically "lift a little more".

Seriously, this eagerness to just throw around, "I'm carrying you!" left and right seems like the real endgame in WoW to some people. (Again, who the hell screenshots damage meters in pug 5-mans?)
    It's exactly how the term is used and what it means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    11 time out of 10 I find people asking for 840+ are ilvl 800 if that and looking to be carried.
    Well, no one is arguing that those people aren't dumb, and those aren't the people the lower geared folks get mad at. They get mad at the 1 840 person who won't bring low levels with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    What is more antisocial than instantly rejecting someone based on an arbitrary number?
    Player A has 3 friends, X, Y and Z. They are missing one for dungeon, but hate carrying people, so they want to find the last slot with someone that relatively close to their ilvl (since you cannot check skill, but you can check ilvl), so they can have fun.

Player B has no friends, nor the ilvl requirement by many. He wanted to get in the group with A but is rejected.

I am sorry but B is still the antisocial one in my book.

It is B's $15 dollar a month, and he would like to have fun, nothing wrong with that.

It is A's $15 a month too, he doesn't want to play with anyone badly gear, slow, or he simply doesn't like the name of, it is totally his right too.

It is not very nice, but this isn't about being nice, this is about being efficient, and that to many players is much more important than being nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    They get mad because it means so far what they have done isn't good enough for you despite their ilvl being sufficient enough to do the dungeon.

I don't care what they think tbh, I did my "Do the content at beginning ilvl" and I have passed it by a decent amount. Now all I care about are fast clears, so yes I will pick dps who have a higher ilvl like myself and put in work like myself. I will pick them so that we can clear the dungeon faster than we would with lower ilvl people and overall reduce the time we are in there.

This is my advice to people:
    - Go with guildies/friends or form your own group

I did it and I have a 848 ilvl, take notes.
    That RNG is such hard work amirite? Lol..

I make my groups 840+ because I want people that have already done mythics. Also, I have 0 problems finding people that meet this requirement. So if you're upset about not being allowed into higher ilvl groups make your own group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, well, if you guys say so. I've never heard someone seriously calling it a "carry" because the healer was a lower item level - but still perfectly capable of the content in question - than the tank. That just sounds like some psychological need to elevate oneself over those around you.
    Carrying is relative, it depends on the people around you, not just you being able to do the content or not.

If you play at a "normal" level, and everyone around you play at around the same "normal" level, all good.

The moment one of the player plays at a "newbie" level, he is being carried. You guys may still be able to finish the dungeon, but he is still being carried.

When you are the only person in the group play at "normal" level, but everyone else plays at "elite" level, then you are being carried.

At least that is how the term "carry" is used nowadays.

That's certainly not how anyone has ever used it around me in the past. No one is "selling carries" to a 830 healer in Mythics just because they're 840 and so they may technically "lift a little more".

Seriously, this eagerness to just throw around, "I'm carrying you!" left and right seems like the real endgame in WoW to some people. (Again, who the hell screenshots damage meters in pug 5-mans?)
    People with incredibly small penises, whose only sense of worth on this planet is how many pixelated damages they do.