Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked them. Lots of informations on builds and theorycrafting.

I like dedicated person.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    i guess you forgot about the 14 months of HFC and highmaul was burned through fast by most within a month and the same with BRF, id like you to look at how many raids there was in WOTLK where they had a smaller team than they do now, we had, EOE,NAXX,OS,ulduar,ICC,trial of the crusader, so dnt ever say wod wasnt lacking, it was lacking in every way if a team of around 90 people in wrath can make all those raids but a team of around 250 only make 3 raids for wod thats fucking embaressing
    Wrath only had 3 raids of significance. The others were all filler content.

c'thun was beatable many guilds killed him in patch 1.9 ofc he wasnt a cakewalk and neither was the raid
    Yes it was beat in 1.9, but after hotfixes were made.
    WoWWiki
    "...and the first kills were registered in a matter of hours following one such hot fix."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Actually, Discord is. Icy-veins is not uptodate most of the time, class discord servers is where most of the theorycrafters for each spec gather.
    Wowhead has excellent guides and information these days that is fed by those very theorycrafters.
    Not really. Icy-Veins is about as up to date as anything else. Hanging out on Discord is just being a hipster for the sake of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The level of moderation was needed because it was a platform created for theorycrafting and so it kept out people repeatedly asking the same thing, it was a forum to read if you wanted to information but not a forum to post question on like "what's the best talent!"

So i had no problem with the moderation there knowing i even got an infraction though never banned from asking something that was answered a few pages back.

There's multiple reasons why i fell apart information became easier to obtain and the ground work was often already done, now you can get information from several sites and you also have the social media streamers if you find "reading is hard!" to get information pre-chewed and barfed back at you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    filler content like trial of the crusader which had story leading up to icc and a dungeon with it and also a daily hub, wod didnt have no fillers or anything like wrath did, which its why its the worst expansion to date

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Not really. Icy-Veins is about as up to date as anything else. Hanging out on Discord is just being a hipster for the sake of it.
    The amusing thing is those on discord can often be those writing guides for IV. Shows what people know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Well i can tell you as a fact that icy-veins information was outofdate by several weeks on several occasions for multiple specs i was looking into only a month ago.

And hanging on discord is to be at the source of the information, as sims happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Wtf does that have to do with anything. Stay on topic.
    The original point was a question to you. You claim to know what Ion is responsible for. What the extent of his magical designer powers at Blizzard are. You claimed to know about these things. But turns out all you know is 'google his bio'.

In other words, the usual copout when being called to deliver and actually not having a clue. Now you're trying to bait me with personal insults.
    Yet you're the one yet to deliver the answer.

But go on.. I'm waiting.. How does design work at Blizzard?

Let's start with this, extremely simple question, which you, without a doubt can shed some expert light on: Does one person call the designs, from ideas to requirements to delivery? Or is design at Blizzard, maybe a product of collaboration?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The amusing thing is those on discord can often be those writing guides for IV. Shows what people know.
    In some cases this is true, in others it is not.
    Icy-veins is not consistent overall across all specs, hence I would not recommend it flat out to anyone, only for certain specs.

Deleted
    well wrath had 12 millions subs at its peak, wod didnt have nothing near it at its peak
    Because Cataclysm was carrying the hype and subs from Wrath of the Lich King while Warlords of Draenor had to carry the hype and subs from Mists of Pandaria.
    I am not saying WoD was better than Cataclysm, to me they were both failures because I personally did not enjoy them. But I bet there is a ton of people who enjoyed them a lot regardless.
    Last edited by mmoc4ea3ad99ad; 2016-09-15 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    The original point was a question to you. You claim to know what Ion is responsible for. What the extent of his magical designer powers at Blizzard are. You claimed to know about these things. But turns out all you know is 'google his bio'.

In other words, the usual copout when being called to deliver and actually not having a clue. Now you're trying to bait me with personal insults.
    Yet you're the one yet to deliver the answer.

But go on.. I'm waiting.. How does design work at Blizzard?

Let's start with this, extremely simple question, which you, without a doubt can shed some expert light on: Does one person call the designs, from ideas to requirements to delivery? Or is design at Blizzard, maybe a product of collaboration?
    That was not the original point. I'm done you can't even remotely understand how to stay on topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    That was not the original point. I'm done you can't even remotely understand how to stay on topic.
    You ranted about how Ion was brought WoD and you didn't even try to prove it via evidence. You basically did "You do it." That's not how discussions work.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    I'd argue 2, considering Naxx was quite literally a rehash. But it did keep us busy for a while, and it was the first time a lot of us really got to see the place, so I'll give it that. But Ulduar is still one of the greatest (if not the greatest) raid to date, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Most of them got hired by Blizzard. Hamlet is the latest to join (I think?)

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Game designers are not programmers. Sheesh, so clueless.
    Damn, guess that means no more video guides. I quite enjoyed listening to Hamlet's voice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Like which ones?
    Paladin.
    Icy-Veins is no comparision in quality and quantity to what EJ was.
    in fact, ret guide is full of mistakes and now the final answer to any questions concerning stat priority is (after Mod asking for "tech guy/gal to sim" in earlier threads): go sim 4 urself/discord channels.

actually there is no quality theorycrafting forum (pls correct me if iam wrong).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The game has lost it's appeal to anyone who enjoyed raiding competition. Those people just stopped playing. Now it's just a sad shell of what it used to be.
    People like you should be perm banned from MMO-Champion, this is not usefull at all.
    majority of them are hired by Blizzard.

Game is still in a amazing shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

That was some kind of sgt Hartman's boot camp, a misplaced comma or a question already posted 221 pages before and you got an infraction, so glad it's gone, they were probably elitists, for sure they were big jerks!
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Forum became over-moderated, causing most valuable posters to slowly retract to other theorycrafting forums. Most casual players followed them.
    This, the forums stilfed discussion with over moderation and people just went elsewhere. For a good period a few classes didn't have guides there either, just huge discussion threads. Most people were going there for guides to begin with and other websites were providing so the site killed itself off as a theorycrafting hub.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

As people started to leave their forums started to fall apart and theory crafting started to vanish or be less and less reliable. The site was a great source of information and tools. Sadly like pretty much every other site it died off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    This, the forums stilfed discussion with over moderation and people just went elsewhere. For a good period a few classes didn't have guides there either, just huge discussion threads. Most people were going there for guides to begin with and other websites were providing so the site killed itself off as a theorycrafting hub.
    I do know the last time I went their warriors were the only class that had recent information and that wasn't for all 3 specs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."