Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Hopefully bodes well not only for that, but for a wider array of race/class combinations than we currently have.
    One of the few things holding my brother back from playing his shaman more is that there are no gnome shaman. With goblin shaman being pretty close to what gnome ones might be, it might just be a matter of time.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Well there is the old Pandaren Death Knight follower everyone knows about, but I would not expect them to be able to be DK anytime soon. However any class that can be Priest should be able to be Paladin imo. Night Elf and Undead Paladins would be real cool. Neither are anymore outlandish then Tauren Paladins : p
    There is a huge difference between some random follower from the inn, and a character having lore and being one of the handful of characters taking part in the class campaign
    Last edited by zoomgpally; 2016-09-16 at 05:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I thought it was okay when I hadn't done the quests yet and thought it was just a priestess of Elune doing their thing where they put on heavier armor than cloth robes and wield sharp weapons like Tyrande's glaive and the armor she had in WC3, but now that I've seen that she's actually literally just an actual real paladin of the Silver Hand, I don't really like it much.

I feel that some people should stay what their race is good at. Sunwalkers and Blood Knights shouldn't be called paladins. Priestesses of Elune doing their melee fighting thing are just as similar to paladins as Sunwalkers are (which is to say, vastly different in terms of lore, but hamfisted into being the same for gameplay purposes), so they could have easily worked them in that way.

I don't want Night Elf paladins. I want the Night Elves to be about Elune and nature and stuff, humans and dwarves and draenei to be about Light, tauren to be about the Sun (unfortunately that's not gonna happen because Blizzard said An'she doesn't and never has existed and the tauren are just stupid cows mistaking the Light for some sun deity to parallel Elune), and Blood Elves to not give a damn because they can just siphon light from the Sunwell and have their powers never fail even if their faith or confidence fails, or if they violate a code of ethics by stealing a pack of gum when nobody's looking. But Liadrin doesn't want to let them use the Light that way, and makes them all follow the rules like human paladins.

But Blizzard wants everyone to worship the same deity, so w/e. But you'd think they'd be pushing the Silver Hand more toward Elune, not the other way around.

Deleted
    I want Night Elf Paladins if they finally add fourth talent specs and give the Paladin a Archery DD Spec. And I want some glyphs. Like one that then makes the Paladinspells more druidistic sun- oder moonlike.

And yeah, the Blood Knights should be yet again what the name indicates: Blood Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I want Night Elf Paladins if they finally add fourth talent specs and give the Paladin a Archery DD Spec. And I want some glyphs. Like one that then makes the Paladinspells more druidistic sun- oder moonlike.

And yeah, the Blood Knights should be yet again what the name indicates: Blood Knights.
    Cosmetic glyphs to change the color of light spell effects on paladins and priests would be awesome.

1. Trolls could have a yellowish-green cuz jungle loa type stuff
    2. Tauren orange cuz sun
    3. Blood Elves (Blood Knights) red cuz their Seal of Blood from BC was red
    4. Humans, Dwarves, Worgen, Goblins, Forsaken, Gnomes, Blood Elf (priests) and Draenei normal yellow, cuz they're just plain old Light and Naaru worshippers.
    5. Pandaren, idk, maybe something for each Celestial, whichever they pick
    6. Night Elves blue-ish silvery stuff cuz Elune

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking: about fucking time there was 100% undeniable evidence night elves CAN be Paladins, considering priestesses of the moon are essentially that but without plate due to gameplay mechanics.

I mean, you come across a ton of Highborne wearing Paladin armor, and even using the light (or magic) in similar manners as Battle Priests (which are what paladins are in WoW).

It made no sense that it couldnt be done, it was simply gameplay mechanics that never came up to speed, because the lore was there to begin with.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I was thinking: about fucking time there was 100% undeniable evidence night elves CAN be Paladins, considering priestesses of the moon are essentially that but without plate due to gameplay mechanics.

I mean, you come across a ton of Highborne wearing Paladin armor, and even using the light (or magic) in similar manners as Battle Priests (which are what paladins are in WoW).

It made no sense that it couldnt be done, it was simply gameplay mechanics that never came up to speed, because the lore was there to begin with.
    There's no lore reason to preclude anyone from being a [insert class]. It's just that Blizzard doesn't wanna do it if there's no precedent for a large group from which they could come from.

Anyone can be a necromancer, we see that in Scholomance. It's just that there's no large group of Alliance and Horde-friendly necromancers from which that class could come from.

Maybe more NElves will follow Delas' footsteps, but personally, I hope not, because I prefer Night Elves to keep their own aesthetic, not just adopt a recolored human one.

Or at least that if they do, they add in more good Night Elf themed plate sets. Like the Black Rook Hold gear that guards have on there. I want that.

The first Paladins were Lordaeron knights taught in the ways of the Light by Alonsus Foal and other clerics, so I do not see why a cleric cannot be taught in the ways of the Warrior to become a Paladin (EDIT: Turalyon was a Northshire cleric then trained in the ways the knight to become one of the first Paladins).
    Last edited by RedNight at MMOC; 2016-09-16 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    There's no lore reason to preclude anyone from being a [insert class]. It's just that Blizzard doesn't wanna do it if there's no precedent for a large group from which they could come from.

Anyone can be a necromancer, we see that in Scholomance. It's just that there's no large group of Alliance and Horde-friendly necromancers from which that class could come from.

Maybe more NElves will follow Delas' footsteps, but personally, I hope not, because I prefer Night Elves to keep their own aesthetic, not just adopt a recolored human one.

Or at least that if they do, they add in more good Night Elf themed plate sets. Like the Black Rook Hold gear that guards have on there. I want that.
    wasn't lord kur'talos' set supposed to be an ensemble you could get? whatever happened with that? it was talked about way back in beta, but i've never seen it listen anywhere in game.

but yeah, i want night elf paladins. i'll never be one, because my belf is my paladin, but yeah. it's a cool thing to me.

10+ Year Old Account

The issue in this case is that Priestesses of Elune are already taught battle tactics due to the nature of Night Elf Society's isolationism before the third war, Archery was a part of their training as a priest as well as use of some melee weapons like maces. While its not evident in WoW, warcraft III established that priests of the moon are capable of this type of fighting, and not just magic.

And considering that WoW night elf priests are actually listed as priests of the moon in lore (or at least were). I wouldn't see why they couldn't also be paladins, when Sunwalkers are essentially sun druids (in lore) but given Paladin abilities for the sake of gameplay mechanics.

And for those who say "they worship the moon, not the sun" Elune is their light source, and has been called upon every time they use holy magic; and even some warriors from the War of the Ancients used holy magic in plate who were not affiliated with the priesthood IIRC.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2016-09-16 at 06:02 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    wasn't lord kur'talos' set supposed to be an ensemble you could get? whatever happened with that? it was talked about way back in beta, but i've never seen it listen anywhere in game.

but yeah, i want night elf paladins. i'll never be one, because my belf is my paladin, but yeah. it's a cool thing to me.
    I hope so, because it looks smexy as heck, very similar to the Sunwell plate gear, looks awesome. I've wanted it ever since I saw it on his trading card.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    By this do you mean they should go back to leeching a naaru?

Deleted
    Well if we have class mechanics somehow flavoured by race distinctions (and cosmetic glyphs / racial variants), then we could have any race / class combination, like in D&D with all basic classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a long discussion on this over on the paladin forums, my overall feeling was HELL YES.

Tbh the Moon Knights were already pretty close to Paladins, so it's not like there's no precedent for this shit.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

It's so archaic and asinine to me that there are still class restrictions in this game, especially when there's so much story between a full feature-length movies, dozens of books and comics, 20 years of games, multiple iterations of a pen-and-paper RPG and every work of fiction each fan has ever thought of.

Are you telling me there isn't a single orc out there that wants to become a druid? No worgen are paladins despite also being priests as well? After all this time there are no human shaman?

It's silly, IMO.
    Hi, my name's Kat. I'm obsessed with pop culture and I play too much WoW.
    If you're a nerd like me come check out my fan fic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Well there is the old Pandaren Death Knight follower everyone knows about, but I would not expect them to be able to be DK anytime soon. However any class that can be Priest should be able to be Paladin imo. Night Elf and Undead Paladins would be real cool. Neither are anymore outlandish then Tauren Paladins : p
    How about panda death knights and nelf paladins? I'd roll both

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemona1d View Post
    It's so archaic and asinine to me that there are still class restrictions in this game, especially when there's so much story between a full feature-length movies, dozens of books and comics, 20 years of games, multiple iterations of a pen-and-paper RPG and every work of fiction each fan has ever thought of.

Are you telling me there isn't a single orc out there that wants to become a druid? No worgen are paladins despite also being priests as well? After all this time there are no human shaman?

It's silly, IMO.
    Didn't the human orphan on Children's Week talk about wanting to be a druid when he grows up? I think he makes you take him to Malfurion or something.

And I always thought it was weird why blood elves and forsaken wouldn't at least try to understand shamanism, seeing as their faction is full of them.

And why pandaren live on a continent with four Wild Gods, but not one has ever been taught the ways of druidism or had access to the Emerald Dream.

And it goes on and on...

No more Paladin races until Blizz stops homogenizing Paladin and Priest lore, please. It's bad enough my Tauren Paladin is the leader of the Silver Hand decked out in fist logos acting like Uther. They need to make cosmetic alterations to spells and abilities already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    How about panda death knights and nelf paladins? I'd roll both

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't the human orphan on Children's Week talk about wanting to be a druid when he grows up? I think he makes you take him to Malfurion or something.

And I always thought it was weird why blood elves and forsaken wouldn't at least try to understand shamanism, seeing as their faction is full of them.

And why pandaren live on a continent with four Wild Gods, but not one has ever been taught the ways of druidism or had access to the Emerald Dream.

And it goes on and on...
    Forsaken and Blood Elves seem like the impatient types to me. Makes sense they can't play the two classes that require patience, harmony and isolationism - Druid and Shaman. Plus the whole nature thing going on.

I think Orcs are next for Druid though.

And as for Pandaren Druids it's a choice so natural I can't believe they didn't launch with the option. Aren't Pandaren mutated children of Ursoc? That's my headcanon anyways, they're furbolgs that mutated from the Vale's magic like Trolls to Night Elves.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-09-16 at 11:05 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    The first Paladins were Lordaeron knights taught in the ways of the Light by Alonsus Foal and other clerics, so I do not see why a cleric cannot be taught in the ways of the Warrior to become a Paladin.
    Turalyon was a priest so there is a precedent for that already. However, I would have preferred from a story point of view if Delas had been presented as a Priestess of Elune that works closely and assists the Silver Hand.

I want nelfs to maintain their unique identity not be turned into the human equivalent of their class.

Cultural pluralism within the factions over the elapsed time since the Third War (when most of the longstanding segregation of Azeroth's major races came to an end) is reason enough at this point. Classes are learned disciplines and cultural niches; the cultures have blended and we've already seen those disciplines learned outside the racial cultures from which they arose. It's time to dump race/class restrictions completely. You can deal with any of the countercultural sentiment in gossip and quest text, like disdain for Draenei flirting with demonic power as warlocks. Pandaren DK's would be a bit harder to spin, but not impossible; the Player Character Pandaren DK could be treated by NPCs as the only one for that matter, a fluke that a Pandaren was on the main land at the time. And after Legion (when the way they chose to write the Illidari means the Belf/nelf restriction makes sense), other races that were welcomed into their ranks could be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    By this do you mean they should go back to leeching a naaru?
    More like the Quel'thalas Schutzstaffel. Back in BC, Quel'thalas had this police state vibe I really liked. After all, I don't want the Blood Elves to be Paladins in Red like they are right now because I don't think that this fits their militaristic morals. The Paladins are the way they in the first place not because of the Priest Part, but because of the Knight Part. They adopted the knightly Combat, which is a reason for their more honordriven style of Combat. If Faol had chosen to combine Priests and Assassins or Priests and Archers, they would still have the same religious believes, but another culture of combat, because those two forms of fighters lack the ideals of Knighthood. I would like the Blood Knights less as a Order that don't builds their Honor upon some knightly Ideals, but on serving their Nation and it's Law, because I think that fits more the elven Nature. Elves are not about Morals like Humans or ideals of honorable Combat like Orcs, but more about Law.

And for Night Elf Paladins, I'm mixed. It would fit the Priestess of the Moon better than the Priest, but Blizzard made a shitty job on Tauren Paladins, defining them as something own and different and I think that Blizz probably do some shit like the Night Elves learning the Paladin Path from Humans instead of the more militaristic Priestesses of the Moon are joining Forces with the Knight's of the Silver Hand, the Vindicators, Blood Knights and Sunwalkers.

And they should try to let them only use Armors that fits the Night elves. Nothing with Lion and stuff. For example, I would chose this plate armor for Priestesses of the Moon:

http://de.wowhead.com/transmog-set=2...-armor-recolor

It looks really nice, is more dark and silver which fits them and looks expensive. But the best thing would be if they finally Add the forth Talent Spec and give the Paladin Archery if they add Night elf Paladins. It would be perfect and it would be easy to give explanation for other Paladin Types to use this Style of Combat:

Night Elves: Classical Priestess of the Moon, it's their original and true form of combat.
    Blood Knights: Former Rangers who joined the Blood Knight Order.
    Sunwalkers: Former Hunters who joined the Sunwalkers.
    Knights of the Silver Hand: Making Arator the Poster Boy for Humans who use this Talent Spec and letting him form a new Form of Paladins inside the true Knight's of the Silver Hand, combining the Path of his Father and his Mother. If they add Subraces with Half-Elves, they could make most Archer-Paladins Half-Elves, who follow Arators Example to combine the both cultures they came from.
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-09-16 at 12:44 PM.