10+ Year Old Account
    Be it this or that - this thread isn't exactly going anywhere, been stuck in this loop for ages now. Some like current situation, some can deal with it and some can't, no matter how many times you try to tell other side how you "love" situation X, it's not going to change things. And even if "anti-flight" or "pro-flight" people somehow would convince some players to "join their side", would it even change anything in the end?

We've all seen that Blizzard doesn't utilize or even attempt to change flight or content to be fitting for each other, they just slap it to world and let it be. In it's current form, flight is an issue to me but if they'd do some changes, my view might change. Can't just design world for ground usage and then add free flight to it. So Blizzard is going with the easy way, simply delaying it as long as possible until that content has been drained enough to be too "exhausting" to be done on ground and try to extend subscriptions with free flight, easing the load by cutting travel times, reducing mobs between points (they are usually on ground), and so on.

I had enough with their design decisions, I wrote feedback and froze my subscription. Had they fixed the problem(s) earlier, they could have still managed to get my subscription back, but since it took them whole expansion to do it, I'm already lost to another MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    In contrast, those against flying tell people who love the game with flying at max level, who just want to enjoy it as they have done for the majority of its life, to shut up, quit, 'you're playing the game wrong', to go away and not fight for the way they like to play.
    I can see where you're coming from.

People pointing out right and wrong ways to play a game doesn't really affect anything, so I tend not to give it much precedence. 'if Blizzard wills it' is what I tend to focus on, and finding the most constructive ways to get actual change rather than bicker amongst ourselves.

That being said, I think generalizing all criticisms as haters-be-hating is pointless. This is not one post encapsulating everything, so at the same time everything shouldn't be encapsulated to one post either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I want to overgear Suramar because I hate the zone and want to get through it as quickly as possible. That doesn't mean I want to overgear everything. But if I particularly hate something, yes I am going to wait until I can get through it quicker. I literally hate the entire design of the zone and I am going to spend as little time there as possible when I buy Legion later on. If it weren't required for the flying achirvement and if the rep vendor didn't have pets and toys, I would skip the zone entirely instead because I hate it that much.
    Suramar by "mid expansion" will be a bump in the road by then. Remember when Tanaan jungle was raining gear left and right for returning players?

This is why this no flying decision at the start of the expansions doesn't promote longevity or reduce burnout. The grind combined with ground and pound simply is a force that is unfathomable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    One asks the player to abandon personal enjoyment and something they love, be quiet and go away, the other asks the player to embrace the way they claim they like to play, stick to what they personally enjoy and abandon keeping up with the Jones's/ fear of missing out attitude of those that so vehemently proclaim the evils of flight, while not being strong willed enough to follow through with their convictions without pointing to other players and crying 'advantage'.
    Yes. Right about that.
    People talking about crippling themselves when they "just don't use flight", but always talk about how much of a better experience it is to experience the world from the ground. People feeling forced to do something like to blame everything on others.
    I would also feel myself being forced to do mythic raids, because if not i put myself into a disadvantage. But i would complain that it takes my time for something i don't like and just do because "i feel forced". Easy solution: i don't raid mythic. I won't ever have the best in slot equipment but i don't have to deal with schedules, stress, nerve wrecking people, loot luck....

People feeling forced are just to weak and they refuse to see that the only one forcing them are they them self.

This lame "but i put myself in a disadvantage if i don't use flight" is neither a legit reason nor a good excuse.

I would LOVE to see Blizz making half the servers into Flight and half into no-flight servers with free transfers..... just to see no flight servers being in desperate needs of people. In that case there is no imaginary "need" to have flight to not be crippled since on no-flight servers nobody would have flight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    Yes. Right about that.
    People talking about crippling themselves when they "just don't use flight", but always talk about how much of a better experience it is to experience the world from the ground. People feeling forced to do something like to blame everything on others.
    I would also feel myself being forced to do mythic raids, because if not i put myself into a disadvantage. But i would complain that it takes my time for something i don't like and just do because "i feel forced". Easy solution: i don't raid mythic. I won't ever have the best in slot equipment but i don't have to deal with schedules, stress, nerve wrecking people, loot luck....

People feeling forced are just to weak and they refuse to see that the only one forcing them are they them self.

This lame "but i put myself in a disadvantage if i don't use flight" is neither a legit reason nor a good excuse.

I would LOVE to see Blizz making half the servers into Flight and half into no-flight servers with free transfers..... just to see no flight servers being in desperate needs of people. In that case there is no imaginary "need" to have flight to not be crippled since on no-flight servers nobody would have flight.
    Yes, I also have suggested this server test some times ago... a year or two, when the whole no-flying thing started with WoD. I guess, we will never see such a thing, because Blizzard is afraid to put their claims about no-flying to a test.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    Thats like letting a child decide if it rather wants to go to the room full of candies or the room full of "place rnd disgusting food here". So its not rly a vote of liking flight or not. More like what is more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayoma View Post
    Thats like letting a child decide if it rather wants to go to the room full of candies or the room full of "place rnd disgusting food here". So its not rly a vote of liking flight or not. More like what is more convenient.
    No-flight is so bad that even their most passionate defenders admit that they WON´T stay grounded unless forced.

This phenomena has been well documented in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Do the pathfinder guise. /thread
    The problem is patchfinder part 1 is only available with no known date for part 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The problem is patchfinder part 1 is only available with no known date for part 2 or 3.
    In fact, there is zero mention of Patch Finder part 2 in the 7.1 PTR notes.

in fact part 1 is not even finished, in the "good suramaritan" achie there is a sub-part that isn't even on wowhead called "a change of season" not even peoples on beta who reached exalted were able to complete it.

anyway we in this thread brainstormed many time to pull out ideas on how flying could have been changed to make it less convenient and more part of the gameplay, the truth is no-flyiers both don't want fly and don't even want blizzard invest time into modifying it (and blizzard itself don't seem inclined to do so).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope flying never returns and is removed from the game entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    ..the truth is no-flyiers both don't want fly and don't even want blizzard invest time into modifying it (and blizzard itself don't seem inclined to do so).
    I wouldn't have issues if they'd redesign flight.

i want flying back an i want flying to be more of a perk now. i always felt that flying made the world better cause yea i will agree it beats some quests but same could be said bout stealth. but back to my point flying made the world for me a better place to admire . if u want no flying by all means use ur ground mounts.

Deleted
    Im enjoying the road to flight. It is in the future but it is something to work toward. It is motivation to do stuff.

Im enjoying the road to flight. It is in the future but it is something to work toward. It is motivation to do stuff.
    It is not motivating when you don't know how many parts and when they will be released. And working towards an unknown goal is never fun and actually counterproductive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    I hope flying never returns and is removed from the game entirely.
    Blizzard tried it once and they failed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    In fact, there is zero mention of Patch Finder part 2 in the 7.1 PTR notes.
    Yeah I am willing to not jump to conclusions as of yet as patch notes and additional changes can happen with 7.1 PTR.

But I am taking Blizzard's open admission at face value. They liked how it was handled in WoD regarding flight so most likely part 2 will be released by "mid expansion" and will award flight. But that does leave a big question as to what will player do between this huge gap of time sitting on a half completed achievement?

Had they done a part 2 for 7.1 and then a part 3 "mid expansion" I suppose some players would have accepted this approach. But if they expect players to sit on an achievement for half a year or more till it can be completed they are in for a rude awakening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    in fact part 1 is not even finished, in the "good suramaritan" achie there is a sub-part that isn't even on wowhead called "a change of season" not even peoples on beta who reached exalted were able to complete it.

anyway we in this thread brainstormed many time to pull out ideas on how flying could have been changed to make it less convenient and more part of the gameplay, the truth is no-flyiers both don't want fly and don't even want blizzard invest time into modifying it (and blizzard itself don't seem inclined to do so).
    Yeah we are nearing the 30 day mark (more than half way there) and players hoping to have patch finder part 1 done before 30 days up seems unlikely. I caught a lot of flack for pointing this out, but I guess some people have to learn the hard way. The hard way being that Blizzard does a lot of misinformation to the playerbase which only fuels and polarizes the playerbase further.

Deleted
    It is not motivating when you don't know how many parts and when they will be released. And working towards and unknown goal is never fun and actually counterproductive.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard tried it once and they failed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I am willing to not jump to conclusions as of yet as patch notes and additional changes can happen with 7.1 PTR.

But I am taking Blizzard's open admission at face value. They liked how it was handled in WoD regarding flight so most likely part 2 will be released by "mid expansion" and will award flight. But that does leave a big question as to what will player do between this huge gap of time sitting on a half completed achievement?

Had they done a part 2 for 7.1 and then a part 3 "mid expansion" I suppose some players would have accepted this approach. But if they expect players to sit on an achievement for half a year or more till it can be completed they are in for a rude awakening.
    They said the next steps would now be as time -consuming.

They said the next steps would now be as time -consuming.
    They also said Legion PVP would not be a grind. Guess what Legion PVP is more grind intensive than any history of WoW PVP?

I never look at what Blizz says and only look at what they do.

Deleted
    They also said Legion PVP would not be a grind. Guess what Legion PVP is more grind intensive than any history of WoW PVP?

I never look at what Blizz says and only look at what they do.
    If they make it that you need to do some mythic raid I will be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayoma View Post
    And yet the kiddies get to click on 15 nuts and 10 squirrels to get iLevel 840+ epics... Mythic level/raid level gear.

I do not understand these concepts of "immersion" and "reward"... when they conflict so much with themselves throughout the game.

I cannot fly because of immersion... but I can whistle (hearthstone) to the nearest flight path and flight path there. Wait wut?

If they make it that you need to do some mythic raid I will be pissed.
    Don´t give them ideas, man!