Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Because there is zero evidence that the main source of crime guns in Chicago is guns lawfully purchased outside the city for that purpose. To wit; anybody filling out 4473 with false information has not made a legal purchase. Anybody filling out 4473 for the purpose of giving the weapon to someone else has not made a legal purchase.
    And if no one finds out, they end up in the statistics of legal purchases.

If what you write works, then there is something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

More kids need fathers at home and 70% of violent crime would be gone. The highest crime neighborhood in the United states is a neighborhood with 99% single mothers, with no fathers at all around. Fathers do have an important role in this world, even if the left wants to get rid of us all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    More kids need fathers at home and 70% of violent crime would be gone. The highest crime neighborhood in the United states is a neighborhood with 99% single mothers, with no fathers at all around. Fathers do have an important role in this world, even if the left wants to get rid of us all.
    You had a point but you blew it with the last part.

And how are you going to make the fathers stay with their families?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You had a point but you blew it with the last part.

And how are you going to make the fathers stay with their families?
    Stop shipping their jobs to mexico would be a nice start. We need our manufacturing base back and at the same time cut welfare benefits as employment is more readily available. We need responsibility back into the families.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop shipping their jobs to mexico would be a nice start.
    Good luck getting capitalism out of the US.

No that's not capitalism, that's globalism. We need to get rid of globalism.

15+ Year Old Account
    No that's not capitalism, that's globalism. We need to get rid of globalism.
    That´s uhm, part of capitalism...

That´s uhm, part of capitalism...
    I think its more communism than capitalism. Its more like collectivism which is a fancy way to say communism, except this is on a global scale instead of local. They have just used money and manipulation to take by rules what used to be taken at the barrel of a gun. Its social Marxism but it has been expanded with the un and all of the slush funds worldwide to promote this treasonous ideology.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think its more communism than capitalism. Its more like collectivism which is a fancy way to say communism, except this is on a global scale instead of local. They have just used money and manipulation to take by rules what used to be taken at the barrel of a gun.
    I don´t even, what? Globalism is communism?

I don´t even, what? Globalism is communism?
    Absolutely it is. They are thinking big now. With globalism you now have a number printed on your arm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely it is. They are thinking big now. With globalism you now have a number printed on your arm.
    Ok, that´s enough stupid for today, this just hurts reading, have a nice weekend.

Ok, that´s enough stupid for today, this just hurts reading, have a nice weekend.
    History repeats itself, but it always takes a different form.

“There are only patterns, patterns on top of patterns, patterns that affect other patterns. Patterns hidden by patterns. Patterns within patterns.
    If you watch close, history does nothing but repeat itself.
    What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. what we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.
    There is no free will.
    There are no variables.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-09-17 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Do you even believe that nonsense yourself?

Globalism IS the result of capitalism, it's not even debatable it's a fact.
    No its the result of neo global Marxism. The capitalists are just traitors like benedict arnold. The global capitalists will go along with it but eventually the Marxists will just take their companies away, especially if they are stupid enough to build them in mexico. Its called a long con.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-09-17 at 09:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    History repeats itself, but it always takes a different form.

“There are only patterns, patterns on top of patterns, patterns that affect other patterns. Patterns hidden by patterns. Patterns within patterns.
    If you watch close, history does nothing but repeat itself.
    What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. what we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.
    There is no free will.
    There are no variables.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
    So you´re quoting words from a novel about the sole survivor of a suicide sect who kidnapped a plane? Yeah, that fictional guy has life figured out.

No its the result of neo global Marxism. The capitalists are just traitors like benedict arnold. The global capitalists will go along with it but eventually the Marxists will just take their companies away, especially if they are stupid enough to build them in mexico. Its called a long con.
    "Capitalists" who cover for marxism and then replace it with their state-sanctioned corporate hegemony are globalists.

In the future I don't believe we will see the same sort of nationalization of private interests we saw in the 20th century, it will be a corporate/state partnership dictatorship.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best time to start regulating these traitors so they stop making enormous amounts of money from globalization, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    "Capitalists" who cover for marxism and then replace it with their state-sanctioned corporate hegemony are globalists.

In the future I don't believe we will see the same sort of nationalization of private interests we saw in the 20th century, it will be a corporate/state partnership dictatorship.
    The end game of unregulated capitalism is always the extreme accumulation of wealth by a select few who spread their influence as far as possible.

What you're basically claiming is that capitalism always results in authoritarian communism. So therefor we should regulate businesses that make massive amounts of money and spread their influence around the globe that ultimately turns into communism. Glad we agree.

- - - Updated - - -

So you´re quoting words from a novel about the sole survivor of a suicide sect who kidnapped a plane? Yeah, that fictional guy has life figured out.
    It's always funny how staunch "FREE MARKET DURHUR" ultra right capitalists twist and turn and do backflips with reasoning to try and blame the end-game and problems resulting from unfettered capitalism on communism. Calling the people who they defended for so long, the ultra wealthy and the ultra rich "traitors" to capitalism and they're secretly communists in disguise.

Atlas is shrugging while he laughs at these people.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The end game of unregulated capitalism is always the extreme accumulation of wealth by a select few who spread their influence as far as possible.

What you're basically claiming is that capitalism always results in authoritarian communism. So therefor we should regulate businesses that make massive amounts of money and spread their influence around the globe that ultimately turns into communism. Glad we agree.
    1) I didn't say that.
    2) No one with a brain would have thought I said that.
    3) "capitalism always results in authoritarian communism", a statement I did NOT make that you agree with, doesn't follow.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Howdy there, all - I'm a weird combination of occupation and volunteer work: software engineer with a touch of volunteer firefighter. Logic and unlogical. Yeah, I'm not normal, but then again I'd rather be dead than average.

Anywhom, I was dropping a deuce last night when I hear screams and people rushing up and down the stairs (they're loud as all heck outside; I live in an apartment complex for now). I angrily pinch it off, grab my 2nd Amendment and my radio and head outside - I clear the corners and yell, "Everything alright?"

Guy replies, "No, I was robbed and hit in the head with a crowbar and am bleeding badly."

Gonnabealongassnight.jpg

I head upstairs to him and the first thing I see: blood drops and smears everywhere. He's walking around. I ask him the usual head trauma stuff (after getting him to sit down, calm down a little so his endorphins can work, etc.): sick to your stomach, squeeze my hands (I put on some gloves, don't worry), push down with your feet against me, etc. I radio dispatch to send the donut eaters and my fellow water squirters.

The police get there first (volunteer fire dept - takes a bit longer with our ambulances), take pictures of the crowbar, the ambulance gets there, he goes to the trauma center, and he got back home with his wife (she was driving in from out of down) at around 4:30am or so (damn World Quests kept me up that long).

Anywho: this is what I want to point out. He was just taking out his trash, got out his phone while walking back, and two thugs came up to him and snatched his phone and started beating the shit out of him with a crowbar. Idk why a crowbar - I guess because they can't pass a background check, they think a crowbar is a viable weapon to alert someone with when you're going to beat the shit out of them.

My main point: Carry. If you don't, start. It's easy to get a carry permit in your state if you're eligible. This dude could have saved himself a hospital visit - it also could have been way, way worse. I'm more frustrated I didn't get outside with my 16 friends a LOT sooner than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by smuttoN View Post
    My main point: Carry. If you don't, start. It's easy to get a carry permit in your state if you're eligible. This dude could have saved himself a hospital visit - it also could have been way, way worse. I'm more frustrated I didn't get outside with my 16 friends a LOT sooner than anything.

Carrying a gun will not resolve the problem of people who have zero situational awareness.

That guy was going to the hospital regardless if had a gun on him or not.

Edit: On a side note, I am completely amazed, even at some places like the grocery store I am walking down the isle and someone has managed to block off enough room for me to get by. I'll stand there for a few seconds and when its clear they have fuck all idea whats going on around them I'll speak up so I can get by.

These are the type of people who get robbed, ambushed, raped, or worse.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-09-18 at 01:43 PM.

Capitalism isn't driving jobs out of Mexico other than as a function of big, overbearing government interference is making it more profitable to PUT them in Mexico than in the US. Money, business -- these are things that go where they're welcome.