Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I haven't heard "east coast vs west coast" since 2pac and Biggie were still rapping.
    I was more into the Sugarhill Gang and Run DMC, Tupac and Biggie Smalls are a bit new skool for me.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I was more into the Sugarhill Gang and Run DMC, Tupac and Biggie Smalls are a bit new skool for me.
    My dad used to listen to a lot of slick rick and Eazy E growing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dad used to listen to a lot of slick rick and Eazy E growing up.
    Grandmaster Flash, Eric B & Rakim, and Afrika Bambaataa as well? If so your father had taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grandmaster Flash, Eric B & Rakim, and Afrika Bambaataa as well? If so your father had taste.
    A bit here and there, but he was reallllly into Boyz 2 Men as well.

Hell, he's pretty much admitted that I owe my existence to some of their songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit here and there, but he was reallllly into Boyz 2 Men as well.

Hell, he's pretty much admitted that I owe my existence to some of their songs.
    Boyz 2 Men? Are both your parents called dad?

He played a stupid game.

Won a stupid prize.

Or did the media already blow this into a national discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Go easy on him. He's always had a bleeding heart. He's the jesus of this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

They say "Nigga".

Completely different.
    I have dex on ignore idk why he keeps quoting me. I told him I put him on ignore some weeks ago. But since I see this... I'm not the Jesus of the forum. I may seem like I have a bleeding heart but I really don't. I empathize with both sides. Like the two teens who got murdered after robbing a persons house. That was sad they were young and the person killed them in a horrifying way when they were incapacitated already. Treating minors like minors is just common sense to me.

The kid made a really dumb choice but kids are dumb... I think it's a shame he was killed so early. People can and do change their lives for the better so the amoun of people literally celebrating a child's death is ridiculous. If Mary can turn her life around (girl who murdered and castrated two boys) why can't he?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Must be some mighty proud parents.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    No one's justifying the kid's actions. It seems like people are pretty quick to justify his killing though. I'm not surprised he was killed, I am a little surprised that so many people think it's a good thing and that he deserved it.
    I don't think anyone thinks someone dying is a good thing, rather people are tired of the cops being demonized for defending themselves in situations where it's entirely rational to do so. Or that the police deserve some level of criticism for this particular instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I have dex on ignore idk why he keeps quoting me. I told him I put him on ignore some weeks ago. But since I see this... I'm not the Jesus of the forum. I may seem like I have a bleeding heart but I really don't. I empathize with both sides. Like the two teens who got murdered after robbing a persons house. That was sad they were young and the person killed them in a horrifying way when they were incapacitated already. Treating minors like minors is just common sense to me.

The kid made a really dumb choice but kids are dumb... I think it's a shame he was killed so early. People can and do change their lives for the better so the amoun of people literally celebrating a child's death is ridiculous. If Mary can turn her life around (girl who murdered and castrated two boys) why can't he?
    If you feel bad about the kid dying, maybe you should be criticizing black pop culture which probably put the idea in his head that having a gun and robbing people is "cool". Or maybe you should have an issue with the lack of parenting in the black community compared to other races? I dunno, it seems you are more upset with the end result and ignore the road that led the kid up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks someone dying is a good thing, rather people are tired of the cops being demonized for defending themselves in situations where it's entirely rational to do so. Or that the police deserve some level of criticism for this particular instance.

- - - Updated - - -

If you feel bad about the kid dying, maybe you should be criticizing black pop culture which probably put the idea in his head that having a gun and robbing people is "cool". Or maybe you should have an issue with the lack of parenting in the black community compared to other races? I dunno, it seems you are more upset with the end result and ignore the road that led the kid up to that point.

If this is a race issue why do poor urban whites have the same issues regarding violent crimes? They actually have near identical rates with black urban areas. So please if this is because of black pop culture why are whites dealing with the same issues?

If this is a race issue why do poor urban whites have the same issues regarding violent crimes? They actually have near identical rates with black urban areas. So please if this is because of black pop culture why are whites dealing with the same issues?
    Do you have a source for this?

But anyways, probably because when urban whites commit the same type of acts, people are not trying to justify or make heroes of the criminals.

Deleted
    What's the source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Do you have a source for this?

But anyways, probably because when urban whites commit the same type of acts, people are not trying to justify or make heroes of the criminals.
    All you're saying is media and people are painting narratives that aren't really real.

I do have a source I've posted it a few times it's from either Ohio or Oklahoma but I think it was done by a university in Ohio that tracked crime in poor black and white urban areas. I've linked it a few times now but at present I'm on my phone.

How is it cartoons, cereal, cigarettes, alcohol, and wtf else can get regulated to protect the children... but we can't keep "toy guns" that look just like the real thing from being manufactured and placed into the hands of kids ?

This "BB gun" shouldn't have been manufactured in the first place. Yeah, whoever bought it for him was numb too.... but yeesh.

Deleted
    All you're saying is media and people are painting narratives that aren't really real.

I do have a source I've posted it a few times it's from either Ohio or Oklahoma but I think it was done by a university in Ohio that tracked crime in poor black and white urban areas. I've linked it a few times now but at present I'm on my phone.
    Why would you trust media?

Quote Originally Posted by Noomi View Post
    Why would you trust media?
    What? My post was basically saying ignore media and opinions just look at what is. My post was the very opposite of what you're trying to say

Deleted
    What? My post was basically saying ignore media and opinions just look at what is. My post was the very opposite of what you're trying to say
    " All you're saying is media and people are painting narratives that aren't really real."

Explain this then.

A lot of these killings are not justifiable but this one is.

The cops don't have the luxury of stopping to check each weapon a kid pulls on them. If it looks like a gun they have to make a quick decision. A lot of times they are obviously toys but in this case it was too close. The real villain in all of this is the parent who bought their kid a bb gun and let them have free reign with it.

Buy your kid a BB gun but be there with your kid when they have access to it. Put it up when they're done playing with it and teach them that while it might be considered a toy to some it can still injure people. Make a conscious effort to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Unfortunate event but it is not the cop's fault.

Just a little addition. We only have the cop's account. The lack of witnesses doesn't make the cop automatically guilty.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by Noomi View Post
    " All you're saying is media and people are painting narratives that aren't really real."

Explain this then.
    Media is untrustworthy because they're busy just painting whatever looks good to sell to their customers.

Media is untrustworthy because they're busy just painting whatever looks good to sell to their customers.
    Like twitter coming out in support of BLM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. Nice,