Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Alternate Priest Hero: Tyrande

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...ember-15-2016/

Added the new Priest Hero: Tyrande Whisperwind. You will be able to add the new Hero and a new card back to your collection by participating in an upcoming special promotion.

That hero looks gorgeous. If the animated class looks like that, I'm all for it.

Deleted
    Hot as always.

However as of late, after seen the quest line in Val'sharah she comes of as a really whiny woman.

So I can finally replace that little douche Anduin for a rather good looking woman, now thats a promotion I must not miss. I hope she doesn't use that annoying accent of her that she uses since Cata in the emotes. Tyrande doesn't come over as just a priest to me though, but more of a hunter/priest hybrid. But hunters already have their elven hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good, they didn't forget to show off her breasts to the highest possible degree.

On point as always, Blizzard.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Oh good, they didn't forget to show off her breasts to the highest possible degree.

Yeah, imagine that, breasts on a female form. Alert the media!

Good hero. Shame most people are avoiding playing priest like the plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post

Uh but they didn't at all. Sounds like the only way you'd be appeased is if they drawn Tyrande with no breasts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Yeah, imagine that, breasts on a female form. Alert the media!
    I think the point is that in WoW, WoW releated games, or just fantasy related games in general is that removing as much armor or clothing as possible to showcase a female characters breasts is a little silly considering that in a world of melee combat or dangerous monsters with sharp claws or spikes that will rip you to shreads would not end up protecting that female character in combat. It isn't about denying the female form, but about being realistic in combat (as realistic as you can be in a fantasy based video game).

Believe it or not, female warriors or other characters can actually be solid war machines in the field of battle without having to wear 50% less armor in order to seduce an enemy into intimidation.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-09-17 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    It isn't about denying the female form, but about being realistic in combat (as realistic as you can be in a fantasy based video game).
    Actually sounds like that's precisely what it is when the poster cries wolf on a character portrait which, as someone pointed out, is likely the most conservative female portraits in the game. In fact there is almost no flesh at all. The character's feminine features, in general, are highlighted but that is in no way different from their male counterparts. Why isn't the same poster raising an alarm of the over-masculine look of the male characters?

I would also argue that this is not even close to the "silliest" feature of most modern fantasy art. All the armor, weapons, vehicles, the world, the physics, everything is so above and beyond unrealistic that a few boobs and abs barely even registers. The good thing is that it is called fantasy fiction for a reason and thus it can indulge in as much or as little in the excess as it likes. It is why we like it after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll play her only if her greeting emote is "Eelidin wat eez in dat vial, wat ar yu duinn".

I think the point is that in WoW, WoW releated games, or just fantasy related games in general is that removing as much armor or clothing as possible to showcase a female characters breasts is a little silly considering that in a world of melee combat or dangerous monsters with sharp claws or spikes that will rip you to shreads would not end up protecting that female character in combat. It isn't about denying the female form, but about being realistic in combat (as realistic as you can be in a fantasy based video game).

Believe it or not, female warriors or other characters can actually be solid war machines in the field of battle without having to wear 50% less armor in order to seduce an enemy into intimidation.
    She is a priest you retard

Infracted.

-Colmadero
    Last edited by Colmadero; 2016-09-18 at 02:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Now I know why Illidan goes shirtless.
    To intimidate Sargeras with those ripped abs
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

I wonder how Illidan would respond to her when your enemy plays him.

Hearthstone: Heroes of Elves and Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wonder how Illidan would respond to her when your enemy plays him.
    He would switch sides lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Hearthstone: Heroes of Elves and Humans.
    lol there is four orcs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post

lol there is four orcs
    Magni, too, who is probably my favorite hero
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Actually sounds like that's precisely what it is when the poster cries wolf on a character portrait which, as someone pointed out, is likely the most conservative female portraits in the game. In fact there is almost no flesh at all. The character's feminine features, in general, are highlighted but that is in no way different from their male counterparts. Why isn't the same poster raising an alarm of the over-masculine look of the male characters?

I would also argue that this is not even close to the "silliest" feature of most modern fantasy art. All the armor, weapons, vehicles, the world, the physics, everything is so above and beyond unrealistic that a few boobs and abs barely even registers. The good thing is that it is called fantasy fiction for a reason and thus it can indulge in as much or as little in the excess as it likes. It is why we like it after all.
    Personally I don't find Tyrande's art that emphasized. However, it was your facetious response to the person you first responded to that was my main reason for posting. If you truly believe that fantasy fiction can "...indulge in as much or as little in the excess as it likes" then then I fail to see why you initially responded the way that you did. The portrayal of fantasy characters/elements can go both ways. If for one reason or another Blizzard wanted to very conservatively portray Tyrande then it would still fit within the spectrum of indulging that portrayal. If you believe that is how fantasy fiction can be portrayed then facetiousness isn't really needed.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-09-18 at 03:01 AM.

Deleted
    ... facetiousness isn't really needed.
    Then we'll have to agree to disagree because facetious is precisely the reaction people deserve when they make hypocritical criticism of sexualized fantasy art, and that is even presuming the post was genuine, which knowing the internet, it might very well not have been.

Finally...now I dont have to look at Anduin's stupid face

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, I rather use her as my priest hero than Anduin any day of the week!

If it involves leveling a priest to level 100 then I will not be using her...

Still would probably level a goblin priest.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Does this special promotion require using an iPhone within a limited time span?

Fucking iPhones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.