Thread: Rip Servers

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Asuna View Post
    Poodlecorp took responsibility again...*sigh*
    What if it's not Poodlecorp? What if Poodlecorp claims it's them and Blizzard goes along with it because it's a better excuse other than our servers/networking is awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was enjoying my outlaw rogue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Some of these botnets are millions of computers. That's gonna take time, no matter how aggressive they are - and all it takes is a couple of ISPs in countries where they don't care, and we're back right here, complaining.

The internet needs to evolve, but it's such a huge, massive earth-changing thing, it's gonna take a while to design and build and implement, to wipe out this kind of thing.
    They said it takes seconds to find a computer that's infected via their network tools, but the problem is the fact that they need to manually verify every computer and then manually disable their internet, they can't make it automatic because it wouldn't be good for their business if people get flagged falsely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Poodlecorp atm, now I have to watch my show whiel I wait ugh. Luckily just before I got kicked off I looted 850 bracers on my alt

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    No. They are wishing harm upon individuals who continually intrude in their privacy and interfere with their lives and services they paid for. And they should be allowed to wish for that and for justice to be done on what are criminals. Stop trying to strawman attack people for having different opinions. DDOSing is a crime and is not a legitimate form of protest. Like protestors who block traffic for the lols, they deserve to be run over for their stupidity and efforts at interfering with other people's lives.

Anyone who has Master Software, or the stuff that controls and directs the flow of DDOS traffic should be put on non-parole prison for 25 years to send a harsh message. Then loosen the penalty when you find it is not prevalent any longer.
    DDoSing does not intrude on anyone's privacy. While it is a felony, I hardly think it deserves getting ran over by a bus. Just use the time to do something else constructive. There are plenty of other things to do. Surely it is a nice day outside. I know I am actually at the dog park at the moment enjoying time with my family .

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    It is amazing how many people is about to kill the last boss of anywhere or just about to loot a legendary when the servers go down.
    actually I have loot a legendary 10 min before d/c

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Not as entertaining as watching the douchebros come into the topic and show everyone how alpha they are by calling other people nerds.

On a video game forum of all places.
    Playing video games =! losing your shit over not being able to play video games.

That is where the difference lies.

First there was an okay conversation, but than one person got butt hurt and the forum erupted into rage. This kinda summarizes our species.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    DDoSing does not intrude on anyone's privacy. While it is a felony, I hardly think it deserves getting ran over by a bus. Just use the time to do something else constructive. There are plenty of other things to do. Surely it is a nice day outside. I know I am actually at the dog park at the moment.
    I live in Seattle, it's cold, dark, and gloomy outside. Perfect weather for wishing harm on teenage internet cockroaches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Yeah because a bank robbery is the same thing as a ddos attack, right?

I simply cannot fathom some of the utter stupidity of some of the users here.

Infracted
    Well, sure, every second these go on, I can guarantee blizzard is losing money. So, they are robbing Blizzard. Think next time.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    "Rock Knocker"
    as in Rock Knocker Hellphantine
    Spend 100+ hours melee dpsing under a boss' testicles.
    - From the create your own title thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    just because its difficult doesnt mean they shouldnt put the effort forward. if its so easy to do and doesnt stop, it fucks over consumers. "It's too hard" isnt an excuse not to try.
    The fault is on the ISP's that allow their networks to be compromised or allow packets out of their network there the source is spoofed. That's been easy to fix for 20+ years.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

just because its difficult doesnt mean they shouldnt put the effort forward. if its so easy to do and doesnt stop, it fucks over consumers. "It's too hard" isnt an excuse not to try.
    It's really, really easy to sit there and have an opinion on whether or not Blizzard should have better infastructure. It's much more hard, expensive, and time consuming to actually do that. Even if they did, there's no way to make the servers immune to DDOS. A big enough attack could shut down any server, apart from ones that would costs billions of dollars to create and maintain.

Aye servers are back up ya ding dongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It's far less rational to DDOS or support DDOSing. If the goal is to target "nerds" and make them rage, why do this on a Sunday night targeting mostly casual players? I work full time, I'm engaged, and I'm generally out and about on Friday/Saturday night. Sunday night is one of the few nights where it makes sense to play for me. I'm pretty sure this applies to most casual players who work monday-friday and maintain somewhat of a social life.

Don't worry, I'm not flipping any tables. I'm just going to go watch some Netflix with the lady and get some pussy. Something that DDOSers and DDOS supporters could only dream about.
    I hear ya. It gave me some time to go finish some of my schoolwork for class tomorrow. lol

sounds like there is a way to stop it? Create extra servers to soak it up?
    The cost to have backup servers for this is so minimal, its outrageous...but hey Blizz doesn't care. They can just cry DDOS everyday and nothing will change.
    Graviity

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    actually I have loot a legendary 10 min before d/c
    I'm pretty sure anything of value gets sent to you via the postmaster, if you leave an instance or get dc'd
    You make me smile with my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Nerds raging is almost as entertaining as playing World of Warcraft.

It is hard to take people seriously when they have no clue how a DDoS works and/or is handled.
    Some of the colorful language they come up with is great! If only they could read what they are writing ten(10) years from now, they would be truly embarrassed!

It's just a shame that these people have so little control over their own lives that they feel the need to act out like this in order to feel better about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I live in Seattle, it's cold, dark, and gloomy outside. Perfect weather for wishing harm on teenage internet cockroaches.
    Should have been watching the football game!!