Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Update- Falling in love with Frost all over again

All you negative nancy's and haters:
    Get a Chrono Shard and either a Nightmare Eggshell or Faulty Countermeasure. Stack crit to 32% +/- but stay above 30%
    pump enough AP to get SIndragosa, which is like nothign with 2x and 3x AP knowledge
    Go out in the world and do some world quests and heroic dungeons for fun.

like I been saying since Beta the damage is GOOD. stuff DIES FAST! very enjoyable to play if you are a frost DK at heart. packs of mobs fall over with machine gun scythe spec!

Emerald Nightmare is a different story!!! I guess stay UH like 99.9% of the DK population but enjoy frost doing other things if you like frost. I am very very rekindling the spark. Now its a very gear dependent spec at this point pre raid and mythic 0. a Hunger of the Pack might work well too witht eh bonus movement speed and passive crit. I even ditched Icy Talons cause chrono shard can proc 3x in a row, which is very nice moving around the broken isles

shut up and try it.
    so what your basicly saying is gear up frosyt so you can go back to low-tier content (heroic Dungeons/outdoor mobs) and be the FIRST to press your AoE button (because things die in 2-3 seconds) so you can feel really strong?

Am i getting this right?

the equivalent of doing Transmog runs with another person and bragging that you beat them on Skada/recount because you did 5 mil DPS and 100% of the dmg on Illidan in black temple...

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    so what your basicly saying is gear up frosyt so you can go back to low-tier content (heroic Dungeons/outdoor mobs) and be the FIRST to press your AoE button (because things die in 2-3 seconds) so you can feel really strong?

Am i getting this right?

the equivalent of doing Transmog runs with another person and bragging that you beat them on Skada/recount because you did 5 mil DPS and 100% of the dmg on Illidan in black temple...
    Bro, Sindragosa's Fury 1-shots old raid bosses, and then the cd is reset instantly. It's amazing. Frost rules!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    lol survivability from darkness is laughable, and blur is is a better version of IBF. In exchange DH has no self healing whatsoever unless you pop a 4 minute cd ability.

Of all the classes to whine about, you complain about one of the most fragile melee classes. Typical.

DK grip 2 charges on a 15 sec cd is retarded, you're just asking to have permanent uptime on any caster that isn't a mage, don't be ridiculous.

Just make grip a single charge 15 sec cd, if target is immune make it pull the DK to the target.

Reverse AMS back to a 45 sec cd, and make IBF a 1 min cd. Reduce the runic power cost of death strike for frost via a passive (death strike costs 20-25 runic power instead).

Make Wraithwalk a baseline 20% damage reduction for DPS DK specs, and make wraith walk not break with ability usage.
    Because it's still leaps and bounds above frost dk. Why compare weakest vs strongest when i can even show how big difference there is lowest vs average.

It's not retarded. FDK has no mobility. Warlorcks are tanky and frost mages can deal with it in their own way.

Wraithwalk is shit, with or without 20%. Mini stun and here goes your DR.

The least mobile melee in the game quite frankly needs a way to damage opponents. Right now you can just /wave at mages and other people if they so desire.

So your point is moot. But ok, it can have 1 charge (Blood with talent still has 2 )
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-09-20 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Because it's still leaps and bounds above frost dk. Why compare weakest vs strongest when i can even show how big difference there is lowest vs average.

It's not retarded. FDK has no mobility. Warlorcks are tanky and frost mages can deal with it in their own way.

Wraithwalk is shit, with or without 20%. Mini stun and here goes your DR.

The least mobile melee in the game quite frankly needs a way to damage opponents. Right now you can just /wave at mages and other people if they so desire.

So your point is moot. But ok, it can have 1 charge (Blood with talent still has 2 )
    Don't even bring up warlocks, warlocks are trash. Tanky is useless if you can't even do damage because all your damage is hardcasts (yes, including affliction relying on UA casts) and every goddamn melee is loaded with stuns and interrupts to tunnel a warlock into the ground.

Destro and demo warlock are even worse off than frost DK, at least frost DK can kill something even if it lacks survivability. As a warlock you just tickle.

DK is far from the worst pvp class. Enhancement shaman is even worse off than frost DK, shamans might as well be free honor this xpac.

But you want to be like DH/fire mage instead of asking that those and rogues be nerfed instead because they're a goddamned cancer on pvp.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-09-20 at 07:22 AM.

Well not as if FDK had that many stuns, winter is coming is shit , frost got seriously robbed this xpac. No stun, no healing, no survivability, and on top of that no damage in pve. I dont ask for a pvp fix, i think FDK is gonna be trash as always, even more trash than before, but at least i want to raid properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Don't even bring up warlocks, warlocks are trash. Tanky is useless if you can't even do damage because all your damage is hardcasts (yes, including affliction relying on UA casts) and every goddamn melee is loaded with stuns and interrupts to tunnel a warlock into the ground.

Destro and demo warlock are even worse off than frost DK, at least frost DK can kill something even if it lacks survivability. As a warlock you just tickle.

DK is far from the worst pvp class. Enhancement shaman is even worse off than frost DK, shamans might as well be free honor this xpac.

But you want to be like DH/fire mage instead of asking that those and rogues be nerfed instead because they're a goddamned cancer on pvp.
    If warlock was good I wouldn't dump him back in cata :P I don't like the direction they took with him.

Also I am not talking about DK as a class in PvP. I am explicitly talking about FROST DK

As a warlock you have at least good cleave and range. FDK has no mobility/no range. Kiting 24/7 and no survivability at that too. Not even warlocks crappy shields.

And no, Enh sham is actually better than FDK. Not WW strong but better than FDK.

Got warlock, rogue, mage,dk, shaman

No, I want FDK to not be shit. To not be worse in every single aspect when compared with these classes/specs (Rogue/WW/Havoc)
    Right now FDK is worse in everything pretty much. Dmg? Worse. Mobility? Worse. Staying on target? Worse CC? Worse. Burst? Worse. Utility? Worse.

The only thing FDK would do better than DH is maybe peel with COI/grip
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-09-20 at 08:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Targetter View Post
    So you are saying that Frost DK is completely useless for all content that matters but is "fun" during completely trivial content?
    That is not really encouraging.
    well whats most of your time spent doing? raid is 4 hours a night 2-4 nights a week. WQs is daily along with Dungeon for AP.

Math dictates its not good for raiding. I read all the reports from Jace/Banter/etc. but that shouldn;t mean people have to stick to UH if they dont like it. Change things up when WQ grinding. Gonna try frost on my next Withered training session.

they came out and said 1 week after raid they will collect samples and then tune stuff. if they have -5% frost DK samples from raiding guilds and 99% UH, there is a trend and might fix something, no?

its your game. your monthly sub and time sink. I been a strong advocate of playing frost for months and preach its not utter shit like many many many say here on these forums.
    play what you like and youll be fine
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Honestly bit the bullet looked at unholy's artifact yeah its not top DPS but looking at the traits it seems that a lot more labour and love went into it compared to frost most of the talents are quite exciting while frost is plain bland in my opinion. It shows in the Frost gameplay I love frost but from a gameplay/fun stand point unholy is just leagues better in my opinion.

Heck unholy has a trait that effects the army of the dead based on the 4 horsemen. -.-
    Last edited by mmoc1a1d7f3c08; 2016-09-20 at 03:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post

Am i getting this right?

Hmm must of missed the part where I wrote old raids.
    Whatever. You guys are just Set on frost being utter garbage for the people asking about it constantly . Do what you want
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

I would list the issues with frost are:

1 - terrible dps output: You shine nowhere, aoe, single target, cleave, burst aoe, burst single, you are terrible in all situations, and things don't tend to get better as you gear up;

2 - artifact weapon: Seriously, that thing has nothing to do with frostmourne, all her traits are some sort of flat damage buff, there is no interesting effect or something new that you have to work with like the unholy weapon.

3 - 'due' rotation: Ok, frost has always been the simple spec for dks but common... wtf is that? Being simple != being brainless and/or uninteresting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Get in line.

Everything is under or overtuned. They already said there is going to be a balance patch prior to raids.
    Tomorrow is 1st raid. Nothing has changed

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the PvP spec for DK's. Once you get Chill Streak your damage is insane. Idk why people are playing Unholy in PvP when Frost is just better.

If that ends up being true-- which is totally possible-- that would be a huge shame for PvE players. Hopefully not.

Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    Why they didn't do anything with Frostmourne's signature ability to steal souls, I'll never know.

...oh wait I do because SPEC FANTASY, meaning that every, single, thing, frost DK's do has to be something with ice... can't have those purple, shadowy effects in there now can we? Nevermind the fact that the class the spec belongs to is the DEATH KNIGHT
    God, I miss Blood DPS, that shit was so much fun
    Yeah, the shitty sticks don't really capture the level of awesome the original blade had. It should have never been turned into two blades..

For the first time in my wow career that started in vanilla i find myself guildless to start raiding when raids open, i am currently 845 ilvl so its not about the gear,its about the spec, i think that this 'we dont want to touch anything yet' nonsense already affected some people, combined with the fact that rerolling is not easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    What is frost like in PvP?
    Frost is god-like tbh. But people havnt figured that out as most play unholy.
    Frost burst is crazy, and it can almost one shot. It also have high sustain damage, and some pretty good defensive stuff to use. However it might need a healer to shine, so for 3s arena it rocks. Team it up with something that don't need a lot of healing - perhaps a demon hunter - and then a healer , and nuke your enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Hmm must of missed the part where I wrote old raids.
    Whatever. You guys are just Set on frost being utter garbage for the people asking about it constantly . Do what you want
    Based on the logs I just checked out....frost is in fact garbage. I haven't been able to go through all specs. However it does seem to be the lowest by a large margin.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-09-21 at 12:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    haha warlocky hyperbole at best, there is nothing fucked with warlocks. If you want a real gutted class, go check hunters.

You just care about numbers thats all, didn't see many warlocks complain when they were braindead during MOP or the legion pre patch
    No offence intended, but obviously you missed the Alpha - Beta - Pre Patch 1k+ page threads and the insane flame posts going on (having Blizz totally ignoring them and without one single reply from their side).
    Besides, Warlock community is NOT enraged because of missing damage, instead they raise issues like:
    *Lack of new Visuals, some spell visuals were actually reverted to Cataclysm ones apart from not creating new ones.
    *Absolutely redundant play style, Destruction is only a 3 button spam all day long for god's sake.
    * Artifact in 2/3 specs is semi complete. Affliction's one was redesigned and left without synergy between the traits, a little bit before Pre Patch and 2/3 Golden traits are AFTER something dies...I mean WTF??!
    *They were so bored to actually create something new (talents), that they've just embedded core baseline spells into talents. DAFAQ??!

So please, at least refrain your self from posting things like that
    Last edited by Onizuka; 2016-09-21 at 12:20 PM.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

i'm not an expert, but there are some rank1 dks that are advertising unholy and judging from the videos if watched (for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbFZRRuPW1Y ) unholy burst seems to be really good.
    haven't seen any good frost dk vids lately, only one i know of is hazzed, and he is not very skilled.

Btw, where is the "Stop complaining, it's still XXXX" chorus? Would love to see these guys show up now.