Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For people in the thread confused. Remember that the Old Gods all know eachother exist. They work together from time to time. They all have the goal. Imagine them as Space Probes with varying amounts of glitching but all trying to get to Pluto.

Deleted
    But the pillars are 6, aren't they?
    But it makes sense with Khadgar being ""The lord of ravens will turn the key." ", as he wants to use them (turn the key) to stop the Legion.

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.
    Could this be the Nightwell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    But the pillars are 6, aren't they?
    But it makes sense with Khadgar being ""The lord of ravens will turn the key." ", as he wants to use them (turn the key) to stop the Legion.

Could this be the Nightwell?
    The achievement states 5, 4 that we already have and then eye from nighthold raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    My immediate thoughts.

The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    Certainly a reference to Magni. It may be that Magni has come under the influence of the Old Gods/N'Zoth (they had powerful influence over the elements in the path, they may have tweaked Magni's curse). Also possibly Il'gynoth talking shit about Magni hearing the voice of Azeroth and, from the Old Gods' perspective, becoming the Titan's pawn/

Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
    Uh-oh. Almost certainly referring to the five Pillars of Creation, which we need to close the portal at the Tomb of Sargeras. Maybe the Pillars can also be used to undo the binding the Titans placed on the Old Gods. Closing the Tomb might break the bindings on N'Zoth.

To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.
    N'Zoth is referred to as being underwater somewhere, so drowning would be one way of locating him, sort've. Dunno about the circle of stars... could refer to a specific location. Perhaps the location of Ny'alotha, the city of the Old Gods said to contain a slumbering evil.

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you.
    Hopefully not a reference to Anduin becoming ensnared in N'Zoth's web of influence. I love that guy. Wouldn't want to see him go bad. Another reference to a boy-king could conceivably be Wrathion, who is sort've a child ruler and really ought to be showing up during Legion sometime, or Arthas, whose soul may have been devoured by the Void (the darkness he saw before his passing) and might have become an instrument of the Void and the Old Gods born from it. That last one is a stretch though.

Someone keep an eye on Anduin and see if he mentions three of something.

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
    Azeroth being corrupted by the Old Gods. Hopefully not true! Could also refer to Jaina, she might well be going to the bad in a real bad way.

The lord of ravens will turn the key.
    Lord Ravencrest reference, maybe? Perhaps we'll be seeing his spirit again, and he has something to do with N'Zoth's release? If we see Azshara this expac, Ravencrest may be drawn to confront his queen. I'm hoping that we see N'Zoth's prison in the first major raid patch and we get Azshara showing up there too. Maybe Ravencrest will be manipulated to do something crazy.

Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator.
    N'Zoth crafted the Curse of Flesh. Just as Yogg-Saron's Emerald Nightmare was shared with the other Old Gods, N'Zoth's curse was shared too, hence Yogg-Saron using it on the titanforged races in Northrend.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    " Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it". I believe it is referring to Azeroth, not Jaina.

10+ Year Old Account
    King of diamonds (Magni? Maybe he wasn't talking to Azeroth?)

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars. (?)

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you." (Anduin?)

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." (Jaina?)

"The lord of ravens will turn the key." (Khadgar?)

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator." (which old god gave us the curse of flesh?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

Lord Ravencrest reference, maybe? Perhaps we'll be seeing his spirit again, and he has something to do with N'Zoth's release? If we see Azshara this expac, Ravencrest may be drawn to confront his queen. I'm hoping that we see N'Zoth's prison in the first major raid patch and we get Azshara showing up there too. Maybe Ravencrest will be manipulated to do something crazy.
    I don't think Ravencrest is that important (and he's not a Lord of Ravens. His family just got its name for STEALING from ravens). It's is surely Medivh or - most probably, Khadgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

I mean without these old god whisperings I would of denied it to. I mean if he really is, why would we learn(The players themselves) Azeroth is a titan. It wouldn't make much sense to tell us from an Old God Perspective. From the said Planet Azeroth perspective it's important info.
    I can't remember the exact quote, but it was something that Magni said towards the end of his comic thing that made me think he was being manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I agree the King of Diamonds would best fit Magni, who may not be the Speaker for Azeroth he believes himself to be. That itself opens up perhaps an even more sinister implication to me: "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it" referring not to Jaina or Sylvanas but Azeroth herself. The Well of Eternity, or now the Maelstrom, would be the original crater caused by the removal of Y'shaarj and her Titanic life's blood filling the wound. The Old Gods or N'Zoth himself has made its den there, festering in the wound of the world-soul like a cancer spreading wildly out of control.
    Dayum I didn't even consider Azeroth, such potential with these quotes.

- - - Updated - - -

N'Zoth is referred to as being underwater somewhere, so drowning would be one way of locating him, sort've. Dunno about the circle of stars... could refer to a specific location. Perhaps the location of Ny'alotha, the city of the Old Gods said to contain a slumbering evil.
    Trying to think up possible explanations for a circle of stars. The only thing that pops to mind is the Nightwell as the eye of Aman'thul was used to create it, but I'm 99% sure that's not it (Only just started Legion atm)

Deleted
    I don't think the Magni bit is him being a pawn of the Old Gods. He is a pawn of Azeroth, after all, and maybe it's said with despise ("omg your a pawn of a shitty ass titan who can't even get properly corrrupted by our Lords, frigging gurl").

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Hopefully not a reference to Anduin becoming ensnared in N'Zoth's web of influence. I love that guy. Wouldn't want to see him go bad. Another reference to a boy-king could conceivably be Wrathion, who is sort've a child ruler and really ought to be showing up during Legion sometime, or Arthas, whose soul may have been devoured by the Void (the darkness he saw before his passing) and might have become an instrument of the Void and the Old Gods born from it. That last one is a stretch though.
    To be fair, this doesnt have to mean a willing or even acknowledged servitude. Chances are that anduin being so special, is what old gods can exploit. And 3 lies can refer to many things, from false ideology, to lies made in good will. Also, i doubt it will be 3 immediate lies, but much rather something he will do over much bigger span of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    So, I haven't been in the Emeral Nightmare yet because I live in the EU and still have to wait a few hours. However, Il'gynoth, one of the bosses in Emerald Nightmare does the whole Old God whisper thingy. He has some interesting lines (courtesy of NeoGAF):

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

So... Thoughts?
    If I understand that correctly... it seems like Magni (king of diamonds) is not talking to Azeroth, but instead is talking to either N'zoth or one of his minions. And the five keys I understand are the Pillars of Creation, which actually seem to be the key to N'zoths prison (which would also explain why Azshara is seeking them, since she is an ally of the Old Gods). The last line I would attribute to Jaina. Which also doesn't bode well.

Any other whispers from him?

Edit:
    Added the last two.
    Some of these remind me a lot of the Daenerys profecies in Game of Thrones. Cool.

The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    That's quite obviously Magni. It's either a lie or a confirmation of the "he's actually following the Old Gods" theory.
    Five keys to open your way. Five torches to light your path.
    Not sure about that, but the "five keys" could be the pillars of creation. The torches part might mean we'll use the pillars to find out about some secrets or something similar. This makes some sense, as we've already used the Tear of Elune to find out more about Light's Heart, and consequently Illidan's past.
    To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.
    Sounds like random Old God stuff to me. "Him" may be N'zoth. A circle of stars you can drown yourself in... the Nightwell? A moonwell?
    "Him" could also be some powerful Void Lord. A "circle of stars" could have a more literal meaning.
    The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you.
    I have three interpretations of that:
    -Anduin is king now, so he "sits in the master's table". He'll lie to us a few times, it seems, though he may not know the lies are lies (I honestly can't imagine Anduin being evil).
    -Anduin is serving "the master" or "chatting" with him, and will tell us some lies.
    -Same as the second one, but "the master" is the one to lie.
    Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
    The Old Gods filled/corrupted Azeroth's "heart", so we can't kill them without killing her.
    The lord of ravens will turn the key.
    The "lord of ravens" could be Odyn (he has a bit of a raven theme from time to time, Havi has some ravens) or Ravencrest. Is Ravencrest dead after his dungeon? I don't remember. It could also be someone who's more related to the Old Gods, don't know who. Aviana seems unlikely as she is a female.
    Edit: how did I not remember Khadgar and Medivh. They are both good possibilities, I'd go with Khadgar.
    Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator.
    If "he" is the guy who gave us flesh, then it's an Old God. Likely N'zoth or Yogg Saron.

I would also like to add that the whispers from the Puzzle Box of Yogg Saron point to a "dark forest" (or was it a black forest?). That is most likely the Emerald Nightmare.
    Last edited by Leodok; 2016-09-21 at 01:22 AM.

As someone else pointed out, you're taking those whispers at face value and there's really no reason to. The Old Gods lie and deceive; it's kind of their thing. Just like you shouldn't trust the spriest artifact when it says the Naaru's true form is void, you shouldn't trust Ilgynoth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Maybe Magni is talking to Azeroth but Azeroth is already corrupted so, he is being the old gods's pawn.

Her heart is a crater refers to Azeroth... Jesus, people....

This is some good shit
    Heres my theory

1. "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn"
    Magni makes sense, the whole thing about Deathwing's corruption is that he was the earth warden and thus he is one with the earth, the titan ritual did a similar thing with Magni.

2. "5 Keys to open our way. 5 torches to light our path"
    I think the old gods want us to gather the pillars of creation, i think they will close the portal at the tomb however since the old gods prisons were made by the titans they could also work as keys to their prisons. seems like he wants the pillars in mortal hands since they seem easiest to manipulate.

3. "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars."
    This possibly refers to Ny'alotha which is mentioned a few times by old gods, "In the sunken city, he lays dreaming..." among other quotes are mentioned mostly by the puzzle box of yogg-saron also by Y'Shaarj and Il'gynoth. Im guessing him is N'Zoth?

4. "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."
    Boy king is clearly Anduin, the master's table seems to imply somehow he is corrupted, i suppose that he has been known to use shadow magic which is now linked to the void, maybe hes a disc priest and his fathers death has tipped him over the edge. as for the 3 lies that's a whole other realm of speculation.

5. "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    Jaina is the most obvious answer, her home is nothing more than a crater, people seem to think shes acting nutty (i think she isnt but that's neither here nor there) old gods have filled the void, i also like the idea that the sleeping titan Azeroth is being referred to and the crater is the whole left where the well of eternity is.

6. "The lord of ravens will turn the key."
    Seems to link up with the other ones, Khadgar has the pillars, seems to imply Khadgar will open the old gods prisons.

7. "Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."
    Something the old gods would say, the old gods created the curse of flesh making us more than titan pawns, the old gods are to thank for everything so we should be worshipping the old gods. Thats pretty much their point of view.

Keep in mind that the old gods are manipulators, none of this may be true, some of this may be true. Im guessing he says some of this stuff during the fight, just playing on your weaknesses while you fight him is a thing they do.
    There are things (for example Yogg-Saron taking credit for some of the lich kings actions) that still havent come to light so it could just be nothing for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Maybe Magni is talking to Azeroth but Azeroth is already corrupted so, he is being the old gods's pawn.
    If Azeroth is already fully corrupted it is pretty much game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If Azeroth is already fully corrupted it is pretty much game over.
    Not fully maybe. It also may not be game over until she matures into a titan.

Remember this one from the puzzle box?

"Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."

I think it was talking about Xavius. Neat.

If they follow the RPG books -yeah not canon I know- there is a hole into the world waaaay below the Maelstrom that Nazjatar is near.

So, I haven't been in the Emeral Nightmare yet because I live in the EU and still have to wait a few hours. However, Il'gynoth, one of the bosses in Emerald Nightmare does the whole Old God whisper thingy. He has some interesting lines (courtesy of NeoGAF):

King of diamonds - Magni deceived, pretty clear.

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars."
    Unclear for now.

We already know Anduin will get old from the comic, i do believe he is speaking about Wrathion here.

I think it is referring to Azeroth herself.

Medivh of course. (Even though Lord Ravenholdt is a good candidate too.)

Random reference to the Curse of Flesh.