Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    And yet I am enjoying Legion more than any other expansion at release.
    Glad you are happy.

I just wish I could say the same about the millions that given up WoW in disgust, after WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    There is no way to know to be honest.
    Keep repeating the same steps that led the game to its biggest failure to date (WoD), and I can confidently say that the results won´t be pretty.

I will say this...they failed the big litmus test of how they handled flying in WoD and how they currently continue to handle flying in Legion. If they can't handle a travel system correctly like other MMO developers do with 1/10th of the budge then they can't sustain interest in a MMO that has larger problems than flying. Flying isn't the only problem with Legion IMVHO, because skinner box elements have crept into the game with gear loot, but since this is the flying thread I will probably leave it at that.
    Like I said, with those devs at the helm...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Should the game really accommodate self proclaimed lazy people?
    That's what Blizzard did by removing flight and allowing lazy people to waste even more precious time of their finite lives in the game. AND THEY LOVE IT!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The existence of the flight whistle throws the lazy argument out of the window and only reinforces that removal of flight is not logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Then again, one word: whistle. The whole "the world should be dangerous" and "you should walk" fails when you can just use the whistle every 5 min. And players are using it allllllll the time to escape from places, be it high mob density place or just inconvenient to travel. Or because it's off cd and instant teleport is still faster than walking. I would say the whistle is more OP than flying. Yet somehow the whistle is oooookay, flying is bad.
    And how funny, everyone who says Legion is good without flying conveniently forgets to mention that they are using the whislte all the time. Wish there was an armory API to check how many times you've used it
    People still can't see the difference between teleports and unrestrained flying? Someone had pretty decent illustration showing what seems to be the fairly obvious difference. I won't bother finding or explaining it because fly babies are too concerned with their circle jerk arguments to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Interesting question: Who would go out for 60 gold or 120 Order hall resource + 75 rep into a random cave/peak in highmountain if you didn't have the whistle? Just imagine the worst terrains on the Broken Isles where there are World Quests. Nobody would go out for these quests if there was no whistle.
    When you go out to do WQs, and after it's done you see 20+ people casting whistle in sync (even if the FP is relatively close), that should say something.
    Worldquests will become irrelevant by the next month. So what was gained? Grats. Blizzard made the world relevant for less than 30 days, but this expansion is going to last another 23 months at the very least. This is why their no flying stance at the start of the expansion is extremely bizarre.

Worldquests will become irrelevant by the next month. So what was gained? Grats. Blizzard made the world relevant for less than 30 days, but this expansion is going to last another 23 months at the very least. This is why their no flying stance at the start of the expansion is extremely bizarre.
    A. You dont play the game. Your expert analysis is irrelevant.

B. World Quests can easily be updated to constantly be relevant.

Using the flight whistle on beta felt stupid, killed immersion and teleported me out of the world. I didn't suggest removing it because that would have been worse, but I felt more immersed and in the world with flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Using the flight whistle on beta felt stupid, killed immersion and teleported me out of the world. I didn't suggest removing it because that would have been worse, but I felt more immersed and in the world with flying mounts.
    The flight whistle makes the entire point of exploring Broken Isles pointless. It is almost like the right hand of the dev team doesn't know what the left hand of the dev team is doing anymore lol. This is why it is possible the conflicting info regarding flight for Legion has hit this road block where the dev team as a whole is not on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Eh, shit's getting old now tbh. I want that flying back sooner than when they made it available in WoD.
    Yah I agree.

Tomorrow or the next day I should have the rep for the flying and pretty much everything, else except one quest chain for the Nightfallen.

As I said before give it a month maybe to and it would start to grow very tedious and annoying.. Sub will be up soon guess I will just wait to see if Pathfinder part 2 is going to be in 7.1
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

The flight whistle makes the entire point of exploring Broken Isles pointless. It is almost like the right hand of the dev team doesn't know what the left hand of the dev team is doing anymore lol. This is why it is possible the conflicting info regarding flight for Legion has hit this road block where the dev team as a whole is not on the same page.
    It felt like desperation to me. Like Blizzard will do anything to keep the players from becoming unbearably annoyed with no flying. But at some point the amount of toys, gimmicks, etc is just going to get silly, personally I think it already reached that point but that's just my personal opinion. Finishing a quest and just clicking on the damn whistle felt totally ridiculous. And then you just get a blank screen it doesn't show you flying there just ports and you land, lol. If the choice had been flying or whistle I couldn't see myself ever choosing the whistle unless I was planning to take an AFK FP anyway so I could get food or use the bathroom.

The guy who thought flying mounts made him feel like a silly fairy flying around? Yeah, that's how I felt about the whistle. It just felt silly. I hate ground travel so I used the thing for the entire two days I did world quests on beta for my class campaign, because I'll deal with something that seems silly over something I actually hate, but it certainly felt weird and disconnected to me.

People still can't see the difference between teleports and unrestrained flying? Someone had pretty decent illustration showing what seems to be the fairly obvious difference. I won't bother finding or explaining it because fly babies are too concerned with their circle jerk arguments to care.
    Except the whistle is not like your old fashioned teleport on a 20 min (Hearthstones) / 1 hour (old Hearthstone) / 4 hour (Shipyard HS, Dimensional Rifting) / 12 hour (Last Relic of Argus) cd that ports you to a city or to unpredictalbe places, and it does it with a loading screen. The whistle is on a damn 5 minute cd and instantly translocates you to the nearest flight master, where you can just click and go wherever you want, without loading screen. I think the difference is obvious, and the whistle is damn OP. So your argument which you didn't even bother to back up is kinda invalid. :/
    Wonder why the toys were nerfed and this item was not? I mean I don't want it to be nerfed, just talk about it.

Burn flying to the ground!

Personally I completely agree with and support their decision to not have flying. It makes the world feel much more immersive allows them for further zone design and small details that flying makes pointless or impossible to do. When you can fly you generally ignore the world on the way to whatever you're trying to do. You see more players which gives a "community" feel and supports grouping up. I don't get what the big deal is about not having flying they give you enough ways to get around quickly it never takes long to go places.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Personally I completely agree with and support their decision to not have flying. It makes the world feel much more immersive allows them for further zone design and small details that flying makes pointless or impossible to do. When you can fly you generally ignore the world on the way to whatever you're trying to do. You see more players which gives a "community" feel and supports grouping up. I don't get what the big deal is about not having flying they give you enough ways to get around quickly it never takes long to go places.
    I wish flying as soon as possible, so that I can finally be immersed in the game as I go out and explore the world and can experience the freedom and great views. Being stuck on the ground having all the vegetation and other props blocking the view really takes from the immersion and makes me feel that the great design of the broken isles world is going to waste.
    Notice every day how I ride around basically only seeing the ground and a few bushes ahead of me, getting a feeling of claustrophobia. The game is much greater and immersive when you can fly and are free to set your own goals and experience the game the way you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    Burn flying to the ground!
    Sure, because that worked out so well in WoD....

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's not all about convenience...

Also, isn't it funny how this "immersive world" only means something when you are forced to be grounded?
    If you really cared so much about immersion you would stay on the ground even when flying is an option.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-09-21 at 08:47 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Because it's not all about convenience...
    Well then explain why? I see it as flying ruins their game design makes the little details stand out less all the references to other games. Flying makes the world feel empty and pointless instead of riding through the world on my horse exploring all the details collecting toys and genuinely enjoying the game I just get in the mind set "Well I need to get from point A to B" over and over.

Well then explain why? I see it as flying ruins their game design makes the little details stand out less all the references to other games. Flying makes the world feel empty and pointless instead of riding through the world on my horse exploring all the details collecting toys and genuinely enjoying the game I just get in the mind set "Well I need to get from point A to B" over and over.
    I'll repeat:

If you really cared so much about immersion you would stay on the ground even when flying is an option.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Oh please, as if mob hopping is an issue. You make an elephant out of nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

This is totally bullshit, and you know it. We have had a strong sense of community back in TBC and Wrath, when flying was in abundance. If anything had killed the community aspect, then all the cross-server grouping via LFD / LFR tools, but I think it was just a change in mentality. Modern mass audience games cannot do without such things anymore (just take a look at how Wildstar crashed and burned), also they would have to merge WoW servers without such a technology to ensure stable user numbers required for a smooth dungeon and raid experience for people who don't belong to an extensive pve or pvp guild.

Times change, people change, and flying has NOTHING to do with that. The popularity of MOBAs show clearly where the cooperative gameplay is heading - PUG grouping and small group gameplay. Large guilds and communities are a relic of the past. Deal with it.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-09-21 at 09:21 AM.

I've always had the opposite experience. When I was stuck on a ground mount, I found the fastest route from A to B period. I didn't admire the scenery. I didn't stop to kill anything extra unless it was completely unavoidable. I wanted to just get it over with ASAP. With flying, I would actually max all the reps, collected all the toys, did every pet battle achievement, stopped to help people if happened to notice someone who needed it, did every fishing achievement, etc. Without flying, I always did the bare minimum. And I expect that's what I will do when flying will be obtainable in Legion. I'll buy the game, level up, do no world content whatsoever other than the achievement requirements, and then when I have flying, I'll go back and do everything else. It's what I did in MoP for the areas with flying, it's what I sorta did in WoD but I only played it near the end so I didn't finish everything I would have if I had played it longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I've always had the opposite experience. When I was stuck on a ground mount, I found the fastest route from A to B period. I didn't admire the scenery. I didn't stop to kill anything extra unless it was completely unavoidable. I wanted to just get it over with ASAP. With flying, I would actually max all the reps, collected all the toys, did every pet battle achievement, stopped to help people if happened to notice someone who needed it, did every fishing achievement, etc. Without flying, I always did the bare minimum. And I expect that's what I will do when flying will be obtainable in Legion. I'll buy the game, level up, do no world content whatsoever other than the achievement requirements, and then when I have flying, I'll go back and do everything else. It's what I did in MoP for the areas with flying, it's what I sorta did in WoD but I only played it near the end so I didn't finish everything I would have if I had played it longer.
    Also this. If I am chained to the ground, you can bet I will try to get things done ASAP because I know that ground travel wastes my time with unnessesary detours etc. I optimise flight paths, I use the whistle as often as possible, and I main a mage which means I have a handful of teleport locations, and can put my hearthstone to the currently most frequented area, which is Suramar at this time. I could have even researched the teleportation network in my order hall, but I don't need this with my mage. Feather fall helps a lot if the glider is on CD, and sometimes I use the Emerald Winds toy to pass some distances in the air.

Anyway, with flying my behaviour was much more leisurly. I was diverging more from my optimal straight flight route. The world was complete to me, now I see only objectives and obstacles.