Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I've.....been, um, pulled back into WoW. I'm surprised at how much fun this expansion is. Granted, it's still the start of an expansion and I'll believe Blizz keeps a routine schedule akin to XIV when I see it, but right now... really more interested in seeing the other class hall and artifact quests than XIV.

But that patch trailer looks quite enticing. Come next week, it'll be full focus on MSQ and new dungeons, final Alexander, and P1T6. But once that first run is through and it's basically back to the tomestone gearing treadmill and Alexander lockouts, I'll probably get my one-a-day and hop back to WoW. Which is still mind boggling to me. Have to give my compliments to Blizzard in that regard.

What I'm going to do after Fan Fest with FFXIV, WoW: Legion, and Tomb Raider out right before Last Guardian is beyond me.... I guess I can question the "humans need sleep" myth.
    I ve been trying out legion as well while still logging into FFXIV for the usual stuff I did but I ll be maining FFXIV once the new patch hits again.
    I m liking legion a lot. But like usual I just don;t see that stuff lasting for a long time :/ Don't think it ll be very long before people go back to "log in for raid, log out"

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I ve been trying out legion as well while still logging into FFXIV for the usual stuff I did but I ll be maining FFXIV once the new patch hits again.
    I m liking legion a lot. But like usual I just don;t see that stuff lasting for a long time :/ Don't think it ll be very long before people go back to "log in for raid, log out"
    Probably so!

Fortunately, I'm playing Legion and XIV both as a filthy casual. I'm double the filth now!

Probably so!

Fortunately, I'm playing Legion and XIV both as a filthy casual. I'm double the filth now!
    It's ok Faroth I'm one as well. We can be filthy casual buddies together! Go all Age of Empires on the hardcores and WOLOLOLOL convert them.

I also tried Legion and had fun for the first and second day. It then got really boring really first. I actually enjoy the traditional dailies more than world quests. It's still clear that raiding is the only thing that matters in WoW and I was actually hyped on mythic+ until they nerfed it to the ground.

Now I'm back to FFXIV, spending all my time crafting (something WoW failed massively with in Legion) and having a blast. FFXIV does everything except dungeons and raids so much better than WoW does (I'm not looking to start a discussion, just stating my opinion, if you enjoy WoW more that's fine by me).

15+ Year Old Account
    Monster hunter generations is filling in the last little gap till 3.4 for me love playing with people on streams.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I also tried Legion and had fun for the first and second day. It then got really boring really first. I actually enjoy the traditional dailies more than world quests. It's still clear that raiding is the only thing that matters in WoW and I was actually hyped on mythic+ until they nerfed it to the ground.

Now I'm back to FFXIV, spending all my time crafting (something WoW failed massively with in Legion) and having a blast. FFXIV does everything except dungeons and raids so much better than WoW does (I'm not looking to start a discussion, just stating my opinion, if you enjoy WoW more that's fine by me).
    That's also something I noticed. The crafting quests were super annoying in Legion at least imo. The lore they added was nice but scattering them all over the place and making you do annoying things put me off fast.

The one thing that I'm really noticing is how seamlessly Blizzard has expanded and added voice acting to non-cut scenes. It works really well (even if Hazi sounds way too much like Lorewalker Cho. C'mon, Jim Cummings, you can mix it up better than that!). XIV's voice acting made stellar improvements from 2.0 to 3.0, but they could still keep growing in that area.

WoW needs to peek at XIV and desperately add in a Journal mimic to rewatch cut scenes as they continue to add key point cut scenes, though. I mean, sure, I can keep ripping them off YouTube and adding to my "Warcraft Timeline" folder (I've got 'em burned on 2 DVDs so far), but they need something in game to watch them again.

As I play Legion, though, I am consciously aware of how much Sokken is trouncing it with music that I actually notice, enjoy, and draws me into the game. WoW has some nice pieces, but a lot of them are more ambient background music, not really a breathing part of the game as you play.

I've.....been, um, pulled back into WoW. I'm surprised at how much fun this expansion is. Granted, it's still the start of an expansion and I'll believe Blizz keeps a routine schedule akin to XIV when I see it, but right now... really more interested in seeing the other class hall and artifact quests than XIV.
    Unfortunately it has been the complete opposite of me.
    I found it oke for the first 2 or 3 days or so but now I am lv 105 and actually wondering if I should continue to 110. I was really hoping things would shape up especially after WoD but now I rather have my Pre legion hunter back then this "thing" I don't recognize >_> I really miss me Pre Legion surv hunter ;___;

Its to shallow and I find the story way to fragmented and to much of the same for me. and half of the time its just making me irritated when I am doing quests and that's a first in my whole WoW carreer.

The one thing that I'm really noticing is how seamlessly Blizzard has expanded and added voice acting to non-cut scenes. It works really well (even if Hazi sounds way too much like Lorewalker Cho. C'mon, Jim Cummings, you can mix it up better than that!). XIV's voice acting made stellar improvements from 2.0 to 3.0, but they could still keep growing in that area.
    For me personally the voice acting in WoW instantly turned me off. doesn't matter if its cutscenes or random mobs in the world (looking at you gilnean Worgen)
    I play with the JP voices in FF14 because I hated the English ones but after a couple of days of Wow and after that hearing the English voices in the 3.4 Trailer I even found those better.
    Might be because I play horde and got stuck with Sylvanas and Nathanos but hyne. ><

Heh ironically I have been doing the exact same thing XD picked up my moogle dailies again to get the last to classes to 60
    Last edited by Malackai; 2016-09-20 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is quite fun, but I'm already in "endgame mode" again.
    Quests are done (barring the rep gated Elf quests), order hall campaign is finished.

All that remains is grinding gear/AP and leveling alts.

World quests are nice in Legion but I just wish they were fewer but with greater rewards. Do we really need 10 of them a day each giving 200 AP? I'd rather 3-4 that give 500 each. This I think will probably lead to burnout really quickly for some people. I myself have already stopped doing them outside of the emissary quests.

The questing was also nice with the ability to choose which zones but its a placebo with how little zones there is. On top of that you're sorta forced to abandon a zone early on to start a different zone just so you don't waste xp because you need to have friendly with the reps for world quests. It would have been nice if you just automatically unlock the world quest system on your future characters.

On another front been tanking Mythic dungeons and now Mythic plus and they're fun but honestly they're going to get boring really quick. I just can't see how it'll be fun to rerun these dungeons for the next 2 years with the odd new dungeon here or there that they claim will be added. Of course I'm talking from a non raiding perspective so Mythic+ dungeons would be the main source of gear for that type of play.

Its a nice expansion but its not even in my top 3 favorites with the above and how class balance is completely broken. Something that should have been a a huge priority with how the Artifact system is.

Just my long thought on how Legion is at the moment.

edit; oh yeah, at least mythics are a nice way to quickly gear out. If you have some decent friends you can easily do them in 800+ item level. makes the whole gear grind really easy.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-09-21 at 10:49 AM.

Legion just makes me appreciate how polished FFXIV is. I much prefer the community in FFXIV too. I never really found a cool group of like-minded players to hang around with back when I played WoW. Yet I can log in even during dry periods in FFXIV and have a lot of fun just chatting away and doing random stuff with my friends there. Then again those 'dry periods' don't last very long since the game is updated fairly consistently.

Sounds like you had to have played nonstop for way too long and burned out. How do you get from 100 to 110 and start going deep into world quests in 2 days? O_o

Have to agree on crafting, though. I didn't expect WoW to revamp to come close to holding a candle to FFXIV. And they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    Unfortunately it has been the complete opposite of me.
    I found it oke for the first 2 or 3 days or so but now I am lv 105 and actually wondering if I should continue to 110. I was really hoping things would shape up especially after WoD but now I rather have my Pre legion hunter back then this "thing" I don't recognize >_> I really miss me Pre Legion surv hunter ;___;
    Go Marksman. That's what I did and it plays almost just like pre-Legion survival did.

Its to shallow and I find the story way to fragmented and to much of the same for me. and half of the time its just making me irritated when I am doing quests and that's a first in my whole WoW carreer.
    It's two different approaches, but as a roleplayer, I do find WoW more approachable for that. The "zone story" approach makes it just a little more sandbox than XIV feels. Plus I've liked the zone stories. With FFXIV having such a tightly woven main story, I've not found my imagination wandering to other tales to be told in the other corners of the world (despite a LOT of history and lore to dig into).

For me personally the voice acting in WoW instantly turned me off. doesn't matter if its cutscenes or random mobs in the world (looking at you gilnean Worgen)
    I play with the JP voices in FF14 because I hated the English ones but after a couple of days of Wow and after that hearing the English voices in the 3.4 Trailer I even found those better.
    Might be because I play horde and got stuck with Sylvanas and Nathanos but hyne. ><
    Hm, but most of the voices aren't faction based, they're NPCs for quest areas that are unrelated to Horde. Dunno what to tell you if you think the VAing is attrocious in WoW.

If you think FFXIV has anything that can hold a candle to Darkwing Duck himself, I say you're insane. (Okay, I'm teasing a little, don't take it too personal)

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Legion is quite fun, but I'm already in "endgame mode" again.
    Quests are done (barring the rep gated Elf quests), order hall campaign is finished.

All that remains is grinding gear/AP and leveling alts.
    I played WoD for one month, did all the zone quests for the zone stories and let the account cancel. My plan going into Legion was to do the same. We'll see if I do anything beyond that.

I do love the different approach to content in Suramar. Bit of an Assassin's Creed play style sneaking around the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    World quests are nice in Legion but I just wish they were fewer but with greater rewards. Do we really need 10 of them a day each giving 200 AP? I'd rather 3-4 that give 500 each. This I think will probably lead to burnout really quickly for some people. I myself have already stopped doing them outside of the emissary quests.

The questing was also nice with the ability to choose which zones but its a placebo with how little zones there is. On top of that you're sorta forced to abandon a zone early on to start a different zone just so you don't waste xp because you need to have friendly with the reps for world quests. It would have been nice if you just automatically unlock the world quest system on your future characters.

On another front been tanking Mythic dungeons and now Mythic plus and they're fun but honestly they're going to get boring really quick. I just can't see how it'll be fun to rerun these dungeons for the next 2 years with the odd new dungeon here or there that they claim will be added. Of course I'm talking from a non raiding perspective so Mythic+ dungeons would be the main source of gear for that type of play.

Its a nice expansion but its not even in my top 3 favorites with the above and how class balance is completely broken. Something that should have been a a huge priority with how the Artifact system is.

Just my long thought on how Legion is at the moment.

edit; oh yeah, at least mythics are a nice way to quickly gear out. If you have some decent friends you can easily do them in 800+ item level. makes the whole gear grind really easy.
    I like having the multitude of available World Quests. The burn out is people who think/act like they have to do every one of them. It's the same silliness of "MoP is FORCING ME to do 1000 dailies EVERY DAY!" There's a ton of world quests. What do you want to do? Do you need gear? Focus on the gear reward world quests. Do you need gold for another month sub? Do the gold reward world quests. Still working on the weapon? Do the Artifact reward quests. There's no need to do every quest in every zone every day. I mainly do the Emissary ones and if I'm near another (mainly Nightfallen for rep atm) and if there's on in the zone with a good gear upgrade, I'll do that.

However, I never leave a zone until it was (mostly) complete. I missed some side hubs that had nothing to do with anything, but I do every hub that the main zone story leads to and a few I stumble on in the process. Never felt any push to leave early. *shrug*

Can't speak to class balance being broken, though. I've only played hunter (I don't alt hop at the start of expansions) and saw the DH intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Legion just makes me appreciate how polished FFXIV is. I much prefer the community in FFXIV too. I never really found a cool group of like-minded players to hang around with back when I played WoW. Yet I can log in even during dry periods in FFXIV and have a lot of fun just chatting away and doing random stuff with my friends there. Then again those 'dry periods' don't last very long since the game is updated fairly consistently.
    I still have to agree with this. I thought Legion was one of their best expansion launches to date, but then started noticing bugs here and there, hearing about rather critical bug problems for other classes, etc.

FFXIV releases extremely polished patches with no PTR and a smaller dev team. It's really REALLY impressive.

Kind of sad in all the replies, nobody picked up discussion on the music differences between WoW and XIV. You guys disappoint me!
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-09-21 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of sad in all the replies, nobody picked up discussion on the music differences between WoW and XIV. You guys disappoint me!
    I don't know what kind of music there is in Legion.

But I just used ~500,000 Gil on Orchestrion Rolls, and unlocked Defender of the Realm Orchestrion Roll (requires 50 unique rolls).

When it comes to music FF14 kicks all other MMO's asses.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like legion's music. TBH I think that's the only thing that wow has and probably will always do well in, the music. However, I do think FFXIV's music is better.

Go Marksman. That's what I did and it plays almost just like pre-Legion survival did.

It's two different approaches, but as a roleplayer, I do find WoW more approachable for that. The "zone story" approach makes it just a little more sandbox than XIV feels. Plus I've liked the zone stories. With FFXIV having such a tightly woven main story, I've not found my imagination wandering to other tales to be told in the other corners of the world (despite a LOT of history and lore to dig into).

Hm, but most of the voices aren't faction based, they're NPCs for quest areas that are unrelated to Horde. Dunno what to tell you if you think the VAing is attrocious in WoW.

If you think FFXIV has anything that can hold a candle to Darkwing Duck himself, I say you're insane. (Okay, I'm teasing a little, don't take it too personal)

Whats ironically exactly what I did I am leveling marks because I heard it was closest to Surv
    but it really feels hollow I miss my traps the most. I always loved playing how many mobs can I cc at the same time :P

Heh the VA in WoW never really bothered me till MoP and before I got to play FF its a typical you don't know what your missing until you had it kinda thing.
    But now i am so used to the quality of the FF Jp version that its something I cant tune out anymore XD. Have no idea how the english voices are in FF only heard the trailer voice basically.

Yea I tend to prefer the Story to be more prevail so we do kinda differ in that. I have always been a sucker for a good story. But what irks me is that legion is kinda advertised with the classhalls/campain thing so having that part being watered down is kinda a miss. its like they attempted to add the way FF does the main story but it got snowed under by the overwhelming amounts of quest in the zones and with their story there.

About the music wow is more of an ambiance its something at least for me that gets filtered out by my brains at relatively ease because it doesn't stand out much. And they seem to have a thing for vocal chorus. For the zones I have been at least its always present at a certain point it does get a little dull. I actually prefer their older music tho.
    Last edited by Malackai; 2016-09-21 at 02:28 PM.

Patch prep crunch time in full swing for me. I've gotten most of what I need to do done

- Gatherer and crafter sets pretty much set
    - I'll have 230 warrior anima this week (as soon as I do all the dungeons for the second step)
    - Run WC for another matter for grade 5 materia
    - Reasonable stockpile of crafting mats

The big thing I need to do now is actually clear the Alex floors; couple of FC buddies got through A1-3 the other night with the quickness, then I joined them to run A3 and 30 mins in queue later, we all logged out for the night. That's been my general experience each time I've tried to clear those, but I'm looking at knocking those out over the course of this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Music is okay in Legion but imho the cues are way to short. You can hear them repeat and it gets annoying pretty quickly.

Dat bass flute though. :Q

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    When it comes to music FF14 kicks all other MMO's asses.
    Up to taste, really. I can'T stand FF-XIVs music for more than 5 minutes.
    Esp the really crappy metal parts on some primae encounters make me mute the game instantly. (Did it during combat on my first time doing Shiva)

For reference: What content actually "matters" in FF14 besides Savage? Chocobo Racing? Triple Triad? Dungeons? Normal Alex? None of those things are relevant content that boosts your player power. Palace of the dead? Nope side-game, just like pet battles in WoW. Non-relevant content.

Regarding doing everything better. I disagree. It does a lot better, and some worse. I.e Combat smoothness goes to WoW. Combat animations go to FF14 (graphics in general honestly). However, exploring the world of Legion was infinitely more fun than any exploring I ever did in FF14. While the worlds are beautiful and well designed aesthetically, they're just not interesting or rewarding to traverse in FF14 which is a shame. That said, I've had a ton of fun questing in Suramar. The world quest system is tolerable, but it's infinitely better than the FATE system FF14 employs. Music in legion is nice, but it's also nothing compared to FF14.

Artifacts while terribly balanced are much better than relic weapons in FF14. Relic weapons don't do anything exciting, have no REAL progression other than nonsensical vertical progression, and just aren't fun. Literally could just be a fish on a stick that glows with better stats than some other random fish on a stick.

As far as crafting goes - WoW definitely sucks here. No contest. I don't think FF14's is as cool or useful as you guys make it out to be, (the mechanics behind it are cool, but the rewards really aren't worth it). The fact that you just macro your crafts takes away a lot of the minuscule gameplay you would normally get from it.

FFXIV releases extremely polished patches with no PTR and a smaller dev team. It's really REALLY impressive.
    I was impressed in 2.0-2.3/4. I'm no longer impressed by their non-PTR/polished patches throughout HW because it's just a constant stream of retooled, useless content that follows and exact non-changing template. Shit I could probably get the cycle time down to a month if you let me use recycled art assets and a content template.

Sure they release "new content", but it's generally not that good, typically bloated, and never contributes to player power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    and never contributes to player power.
    I believe that is intentional.

it gives them the ability to try new stuff w/o players feeling forced to do it (e.g. Palace of the dead).