Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Killed the first two bosses on heroic (dragon thingy + eye). Got legendary belt from the second. Ya, the crappy one.
    I was tanking. 850 Ivl before legendary drop. It felt fine, but I fell behind our DK in both self healing and damage. But I was taking less damage than him according to "damage taken".
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2016-09-21 at 10:13 PM.

7/7 normal on both Main and Alts raids.

Tomorrow starts the HC fun :P

5/7 Normal, Momo played nicer than I expected, large hit boxes and many places to AoE effectively for the fights too, I really enjoyed ping-ponging around lol.

This is my first time being mainspec dps in a long long time (mid wrath) and Its fun being able to keep toe to toe w/ the other guys, and blow them outta the water when theres AoE lol

My guild went for Normal to see some new recruits in action and just to say we've done it.

Nythendra went down on the first try but was really messy with poor placement of Rot from a bunch of people. Definitely was quite annoying in my book but hopefully that will change next time. Otherwise an alright first boss.

Next up was Elerethe, which we had some issues with during the transition and the functionality of the feathers but once we managed not to actually get to the next platform we took her down. The joys of learning new encounters and what not. :P

Third came Ursoc, which took a few tries to get people to fully understand the grouping and the tank debuffs but not as bothersome as Elerethe seeing how simple it is in comparison. This is also where I was lucky enough to get my first legendary, so yay! Could've been a better one but it's something.

Fourth was the Dragons, which were relatively simple to deal with after one tank understood how to tank. Fighting Lethon, or whatever the name was exactly, was boring as hell though since all you did around the guy was dodge circles. But overall a nice and interesting fight.

Finally for the night was Il'gynoth, which took some coordination in the 2nd phase outside, again with a lot of poor placement of debuffs, a somewhat general issue with Elerethe as well, but less so. An alright encounter but I could imagine it'll be my least favorite in the raid.

So overall it was an alright raid night. Got some nice loot along with a legendary, nice to be raiding again with some nice bosses, but some people did annoy me a little with poor handling of mechanics, which will hopefully improve for next time.

Otherwise I guess I won't see them in the raids I guess. :P

Got 3/7hc (Nythendra, Il'gynoth, and Ursoc). Felt pretty alright as vengeance tbh. Was expecting more tank dmg.

7/7 nm.

Went top 3 on every fight except Ursoc and Nythendra (Pure ST, we're getting blow out by warrior and some other spec), and top on Cenarius, Dragon, and the tree thing.

Really enjoyed the class, and a lot of optimisation. DH can really draw out a strong potential due to Momentum and windows timing for powerful cleave effect.

We did Heroic and only got the first boss down. After struggling a bit early due to raid rustiness(hadn't raided in over a year)among other things, I did better. Ended up finishing 5th in damage at 180k DPS. Not that great but I was playing a little conservatively and got some bad RNG with Rot and I died at 3%. Had to switch to Chaos Blades since it was a pure single target fight which caused my #s to spike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared 7/7N and 3/7H doing Nythendra, Ursoc, and Il'gynoth. Was vengeance tanking. What I am concerned about, especially when going into mythic, is the eye beam attack from the big horror adds on Il'gynoth. Even with empower wards and soul barrier up for it it would still almost 1 shot me and fiery brand is a minute CD so with my groups dps I had to take 4 in total usually so it wouldn't be up in time for the next one. I don't really see how we're gonna do with this mechanic come mythic when it's hitting for another million base at like 3 million, and then instead of increasing by 50% for the second cast it hits for 100%. Getting hit for 6 million magic damage isn't going to be any more fun than the ~3.5 million was. All we can really do is rely on externals and making sure we're topped off before the hit.

Deleted
    Did a full norm clear last night with me on my Ele shammy. Put DH's were doing well. No complaints from them! Going HC tonight, but I will be on my DH.

Guild cleared 7/7 on norm. I had to log off right before final boss . I was in top 3 dps along with another dh and a monk all 6 fights. Ez pz

Cleared 7/7N and 6/7H. Overall tanking felt fine. A few parts were sketchy because I'm 90% sure our strat for Cenarius was just wrong, but I was able to more or less solo heal myself while tanking him during P1 on HC. Gliding on spider boss was fun to bypass the tornados from one ledge to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    Cleared 7/7N and 6/7H. Overall tanking felt fine. A few parts were sketchy because I'm 90% sure our strat for Cenarius was just wrong, but I was able to more or less solo heal myself while tanking him during P1 on HC. Gliding on spider boss was fun to bypass the tornados from one ledge to the next.
    what are your stats running at if you dont mine me asking

Deleted
    3/7N and 5/7H - was completely fine especially considering it was a fairly short raid night of 3 hours. The raid is pretty cool visually. Very unique. I don't entirely like how segmented it feels with instancing through many different portals, but it's not unexpected from a raid based on "dreams and nightmares". Bosses were downright alright. I haven't seen any boss that had me go "YEAH THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT", granted I haven't seen Xavius yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    7/7n, 1/7h for the first night. Logs pointed out how terrible I am at DH, so now I need to "gitgud", or stop trying. I'll eat myself alive if I don't improve and keep trying.

Cleared 7/7 H in 1st split last night. Tanking is far more unpleasant than some of our counter parts, namely Warriors and Druids. We tank the same damage as warriors, but heal for 1/2 of it. Now that our damage is lower, we don't really have a good niche anymore in raiding. We are still great in 5 mythic+, but that only takes you so far. 18% vers before people ask. Don't recall other stats.

6/7 Normal in a pug with my alt, brute forced most things, had 3 attempts on xavius nearly got him to p3 before it got to late

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    what are your stats running at if you dont mine me asking
    Crit 28.77%
    Haste 11.44%
    Mastery 32.40%
    Versatility 13.80%

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    Crit 28.77%
    Haste 11.44%
    Mastery 32.40%
    Versatility 13.80%

thanks for the info i am not far off from your stats just my mastery is 42% and my haste is 7%

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    thanks for the info i am not far off from your stats just my mastery is 42% and my haste is 7%
    Yeah, there were times that having 4 stacks of Overwhelm on Ursoc HC was a bit scary and having more mastery would likely have been nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by idonthinksodude View Post
    Wait, you can do normal and heroic now? Or just playing alt?
    You have been able to do normal and heroic separately since they made the 2 difficulties.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."