Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Lets presume pro flyers are a minority.

If a minority can push Blizzard to back down on their no flying forever stance it means that pro flyers have the better arguments, ideas and general welfare and well being of the game in mind. This also implies if you are an anti flyer it means you are happy to see players leave the game and for Blizzard to cut corners or increase time gating (aka Legion) while punishing customers that want to play a game and not be gated by facebook apps.

Lets not make such presumptions because often they lead to unwanted attention.
    Your posts crack me up. Not going to bother arguing this sound logic you have here. I don't even have to mention the blatant Post hoc fallacy that is your entire post because you're going to ignore my post and continue posting this non sense.
    Flying is what binds zones and makes you feel connected in a MMO.
    Right because flying above zones and noticing the color palette hard switch on zone borders really makes them feel "bound" together. I would love to hear your rationale as to how flying makes you feel "connected". But as already mentioned, you're going to ignore this post.

I love how anti fly boyz are still saying that the pro-flight folks are a vocal minority.

So Blizzard says "Flight will be enabled if the vast majority of players want it" during WoD.

They then say "No flying in WoD or any future content" ... two weeks later they change course.

Now I know being so stuck w/your personal agenda inhibits rational thought, however it doesn't take mental gymnastics to conclude that "the vast majority" want flight.

the simple truth is many people are playing Legion in spite of no flying, not because of it.

Removing flight has added nothing to the game but tedium and annoyance the only difference between Legion and WoD is Legion actually has content beyond raiding.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2016-09-22 at 05:46 PM.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I love how anti fly boyz are still saying that the pro-flight folks are a vocal minority.

So Blizzard says "Flight will be enabled if the vast majority of players want it" during WoD.

They then say "No flying in WoD or any future content" ... two weeks later they change course.

Now I know being so stuck w/your personal agenda inhibits rational thought, however it doesn't take mental gymnastics to conclude that "the vast majority" want flight.

the simple truth is many people are playing Legion in spite of no flying, not because of it.

Removing flight has added nothing to the game but tedium and annoyance the only difference between Legion and WoD is Legion actually has content beyond raiding.
    Your post in a nutshell.

"How dare anti flyers so pro flyers are a minority...

Pro flyers are the VAST MAJORITY!!

Here is some fallacious logic to back up my claim."

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

This is why I am optimistic that the tide can turn in Legion with regards to how flight is handled. Many players haven't progressed to the Xavius requirement of the achievement yet and being exalted with the Nightfallen.

That is going to be a deal breaker for a lot of non raiders.

That is going to be a deal breaker for a lot of non raiders.
    Aren´t non-raiders (i.e. everyone who does not/cannot progress realiably/steadily in Normal dificulty and above) the vast majority of players?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    How is a glider interesting? Point to the direction you want to go, jump off a cliff, use glider. You possibly have to steer a bit.
    Yes, that is the point hes making given that a flying mount has even less mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Aren´t non-raiders (i.e. everyone who does not/cannot progress realiably/steadily in Normal dificulty and above) the vast majority of players?
    Yep. And the real scary part (for you at least) is there is no riot in sight. You can define the vast majority all you want. It won't matter until the "vast majority" actually start giving a shit about flying like the 5 people in this thread do.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Yes.

So, by next month we will see if casual players are willing to do LFR to down Xavius and then reach exalted to complete the first part of patchfinder. My magic 8 balls says not likely but we have to see how this all plays out.

Yes.

So, by next month we will see if casual players are willing to do LFR to down Xavius and then reach exalted to complete the first part of patchfinder. My magic 8 balls says not likely but we have to see how this all plays out.
    IMO, the most likely is the subbscriptions to suffer a sharp decline. We will not have access to numbers, of course. (They don´t matter... for WoW: ignore Overwatch, Hearthstone, HoTS, etc).

But players will start to complain about LFR/LFD queues taking so freaking long, assuming they don´t notice the world getting emptier and emptier.
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-09-22 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Because flying isn't on the table in terms of the new world design. It doesn't make sense to have flying just to be safe in your hypothetical instance if most people don't care. Since most people really don't care about the state of flying, Blizzard has an opportunity to design the way they want. You might not like it, but the "uproar" isn't anywhere close to loud enough to change that going forward it would seem.
    Again how do you know 'most people don't care'.? Why ISNT it 'on the table'? Quick, what new design has been enabled by the lack of flight? Because I didn't see a thing in WoD and I don't see anything in Legion that is compelling and only available because we can't fly. EVERYTHING I've done in the open world in Legion I could do with flying.

NOTE: I do not consider running around a mountain until I find the one obscure path up it to be good design. On the contrary, that's abusive design in my book. In a natural setting, eh, that's the way the mountain formed but in a designed world, that terrain was a deliberate choice and no, making me run around to find a path is not interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Can we just buy flying in the shop.
    No, I would much rather see people playing the game to get it. We don't need crap like this in the shop.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, I would much rather see people playing the game to get it. We don't need crap like this in the shop.
    But at the same time, I'd much rather see the requirements to get flying either become more relevant to the lore, or be used as less of a carrot to make people do all of the content. Honestly, the amount of work required to unlock flying is pretty ridiculous. I think there's a happy middle ground between a straight purchase with no work, and the retarded out of proportion and out of context requirements of Pathfinder.

Lets presume pro flyers are a minority.

If a minority can push Blizzard to back down on their no flying forever stance it means that pro flyers have the better arguments, ideas and general welfare and well being of the game in mind. This also implies if you are an anti flyer it means you are happy to see players leave the game and for Blizzard to cut corners or increase time gating (aka Legion) while punishing customers that want to play a game and not be gated by facebook apps.

Lets not make such presumptions because often they lead to unwanted attention.
    If "pro-flyers" are the people who were happy/content/complacent with flying being delayed in WoD, but then were unhappy about flying never coming, then "pro-flyers" have won and the current pathfinder system is what "pro-flyers" wanted. By that standard I'm a "pro-flyer."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If "pro-flyers" are the people who were happy/content/complacent with flying being delayed in WoD, but then were unhappy about flying never coming, then "pro-flyers" have won and the current pathfinder system is what "pro-flyers" wanted. By that standard I'm a "pro-flyer."
    I think it might be more fair to say that people were simply relieved that flying was returned to WoD in ANY form after being threatened with complete and total removal. And just because they're willing to accept it in its current form doesn't mean that Pathfinder can't stand to be improved further. I think that's a point a lot of people tend to miss.

Actually, I think a lot of people constantly fall to complacency with ALL aspects of WoW. If there's one thing this thread has taught me, it's that very VERY few people are willing to look past what's right in front of them. The saying "Think three steps ahead." just doesn't seem to apply very often.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I love it how people like to invoke "the player base" when a simple yes/no question on flying seems to have us split down the middel. Aaaand that simple "yes/no" question goes back and forth for over 10 000 posts months after months.
    That's because it's REALLY not as simple as a simple yes or no question. Trying to oversimplify this issue is what got us into this mess in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Semi related - How much does the Pathfinder part I increase movement speed?

While I agree, I think some reqs are pushing it. Just for part 1 we need revered with all factions (fine, but there seem to be some incredibly painful ones), 100 UNIQUE world quests (I bet at 70, I need an addon to track THAT, because Blizzard won't tell me) and complete your class campaign (which I suppose is alright, just annoys me that "my class" needs to go to dungeons with 4 other classes - oh well, at least you don't have to do them on mythic + or some shit, though at this point I don't even put that past Blizzard for part 2)
    I'm very close to having all the factions to revered without even trying. I got the unique world quest achievement without even knowing I was close to it being complete. These are simple things that finish themselves if you just play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

This "issue" didn't drop out of the blue. When TBC released with flying as a feature, there was litreally NOBODY who was against it. In fact, people had a hard-on for flying to the point that Cataclysm was the x-pac that devastated Azeroth to the point that devs could rebuild it for flying, because literally EVERYONE wanted to fly in Azeroth. As with TBC; I don't remember ANYONE who was against flying in Azeroth.

That was 8 years into WoW. Now 12 years in this is suddenly "a mess" that is debated over 10 000+ posts (actually more, since this is not the only topic ever on the issue). Interesting.
    I never wanted to fly in Azeroth actually. I very distinctly remember disliking that selling point of Cata.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I'm very close to having all the factions to revered without even trying. I got the unique world quest achievement without even knowing I was close to it being complete. These are simple things that finish themselves if you just play the game.
    Go ahead and take the cookie then. You earned it.

SYKE!

Not in this patch.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    20% but if youre a Pally of DK, dont bother, it wont stack with existing mount speed increase.

Another of the 500+ issues brought up in beta that was never addressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    The movement speed increase is +20% on mount.
    • The increased mount speed does not stack with Paladins and Death Knights. (+20%)
    • The increased mount speed does not stack with guild perk (+10%)

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...nts:id=2404949