As of right now, there exists a range where you can cast on both dragons without being in range of one debuff. It's a relatively precise positioning, but it exists. The first couple times I tried, I ended up getting stunned after the swaps due to a change in where the tanks are tanking each dragon after the swap.

What I ended up doing to prevent this was hug my new dragon a little bit harder(moving out of cast range of the other dragon for a few moments), then slowly moved toward the far dragon. When you first enter the cast range of the second dragon, you are in range to cast but close enough to receive the debuff

Edit: In theory, you can be out of range of both debuffs and still be able to cast on both dragons. In practice, I doubt it's useful at all, outside of emergency situations where you accidentally refresh the debuff you're supposed to be dropping
    Last edited by Ponk; 2016-09-22 at 06:34 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I wonder, does that haste effect trigger on a mob you can't stun? I can totally see Mind Bomb on CD being good.
    I actually didn't think to test it on t he next boss we did after i got it. I'll try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I just went on to the PTR and the Shadowform change is in. A few notes:

Shadowform is 10%, Voidform is 20%-- the total bonus shadow damage in Voidform is 30%. I am floored, it's a flat 10% damage buff.
    As expected, nothing you cast in combat will break Shadowform; PW:Shield, Levitate, and Purify Disease are both fine.
    It's not the old Shadowform visual, it's the current one. Curiously, you still apply Glyph of Shadow and Glyph of Shadowy Friends to Voidform and not Shadowform.
    I AM FLOORED!

Shadowform is 10%, Voidform is 20%-- the total bonus shadow damage in Voidform is 30%. I am floored, it's a flat 10% damage buff.
    As expected, nothing you cast in combat will break Shadowform; PW:Shield, Levitate, and Purify Disease are both fine.
    It's not the old Shadowform visual, it's the current one. Curiously, you still apply Glyph of Shadow and Glyph of Shadowy Friends to Voidform and not Shadowform.
    Thanks for the info. So basically, you have an on/off switch for the non-Voidform shadowy visual and Voidform is still there? Also, what happened to Touch of the Void? Was it ever on the PTR? Or was it just Shadowform all along?

As for the 10% buff, there has to be a catch there. Most likely nerfs incoming. However, I hope there will at least be an AoE buff of sorts.

oh wow. I really thought from the spell description that it will be 20% and not 30%... that's really nice.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Thanks for the info. So basically, you have an on/off switch for the non-Voidform shadowy visual and Voidform is still there? Also, what happened to Touch of the Void? Was it ever on the PTR? Or was it just Shadowform all along?

As for the 10% buff, there has to be a catch there. Most likely nerfs incoming. However, I hope there will at least be an AoE buff of sorts.
    Voidform is still there as it's own thing, activated by Void Eruption. Shadowform is back on the stance bar, it's an on-off switch for our current shadowy visual (as well as the 10% bonus damage/10% physical damage reduction). Voidform does automatically activate Shadowform, so if you forget to turn on Shadowform it's a temporary issue at best.

According to Wowhead the new Shadowform has the same spellid as Touch of the Void did, so they probably just turned that into Shadowform.

Next reset (so this coming tuesday or wednesday) there will be a tuning pass.

Wonder what they'll do to us, if they're doing anything at all.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Next reset (so this coming tuesday or wednesday) there will be a tuning pass.

Wonder what they'll do to us, if they're doing anything at all.
    Where do they report stuff like that? Just curious

I was reading on the WoW forumns and someone was saying that running mythic+ that StM deaths count toward the timer and with 3 bosses that was 15 seconds taken of and they ended up not making the timer.

Deleted
    Had to step out on ursoc HC, as we were wiping because we enter enrage phase too late. Promising that I will do a lot more DPS as we go lower does not really help in this situation >_> Wish we would not be so reliant on the sub 35% phase...

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Had to step out on ursoc HC, as we were wiping because we enter enrage phase too late. Promising that I will do a lot more DPS as we go lower does not really help in this situation >_> Wish we would not be so reliant on the sub 35% phase...
    Honestly if your RL is sitting you because you guys can't push to that part of the fight, that's a bad RL. 1 shadow priest is not going to make or break that, and once you hit sub 35% your damage will skyrocket and they need to understand that.

Deleted
    Honestly if your RL is sitting you because you guys can't push to that part of the fight, that's a bad RL. 1 shadow priest is not going to make or break that, and once you hit sub 35% your damage will skyrocket and they need to understand that.
    Well, with the way flexible raid size works, it's easier to bench an extra person and have the boss scale down, than to keep someone who has low impact most of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponk View Post
    As of right now, there exists a range where you can cast on both dragons without being in range of one debuff. It's a relatively precise positioning, but it exists. The first couple times I tried, I ended up getting stunned after the swaps due to a change in where the tanks are tanking each dragon after the swap.

What I ended up doing to prevent this was hug my new dragon a little bit harder(moving out of cast range of the other dragon for a few moments), then slowly moved toward the far dragon. When you first enter the cast range of the second dragon, you are in range to cast but close enough to receive the debuff

Edit: In theory, you can be out of range of both debuffs and still be able to cast on both dragons. In practice, I doubt it's useful at all, outside of emergency situations where you accidentally refresh the debuff you're supposed to be dropping
    I don't understand how this is possible... cast range is 40yds... the debuff is 45 yards... there is literally no position you can be in where you can dps either dragon and not get debuffed

Deleted
    At the start of a fight do i use PI to get into vf fast? Or do i wait until im in voidform to pop PI? And what about other cd's trinkets etc when the lust is on pull?

Quote Originally Posted by abdus18 View Post
    At the start of a fight do i use PI to get into vf fast? Or do i wait until im in voidform to pop PI? And what about other cd's trinkets etc when the lust is on pull?
    Only use PI in Voidform at ~10+ stacks.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    you can multi dot both dragons without a problem.
    My raid leader said you might not get the debuff but it can still cause your side to get both add sets, etc etc. Like the sleep shit on both sides instead of just Ysondre's, etc.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It's a buff when absolutely no tuning has happened - but as they said, they will tune it. Shadow simply does not need 10% additional damage, and even Blizzard should know that. So you should expect adjustments to negate the 10% additional damage we deal on PTR.

They'll in all likelyhood just reduce all coefficients by 10%, and call it a day. That will fix nothing in the grand scheme of things - and aside of making the transmog crowd happy - shadowform will have not fixed any other issues around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    It's a buff when absolutely no tuning has happened - but as they said, they will tune it. Shadow simply does not need 10% additional damage, and even Blizzard should know that. So you should expect adjustments to negate the 10% additional damage we deal on PTR.

They'll in all likelyhood just reduce all coefficients by 10%, and call it a day. That will fix nothing in the grand scheme of things - and aside of making the transmog crowd happy - shadowform will have not fixed any other issues around.
    Not entirely. Our damage outside of voidform is certainly on the low end and it hurts a lot in burst or short fights. Making the spec a little less top heavy is not a bad thing.

Tho as you said, we need more then that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Making the spec a little less top heavy is not a bad thing..
    This change just doesn't do that - not with the current numbers - as SF and VF are multiplicate. Previously you had a 20% difference. Now you have a 1.1*1.2 = 1.32 - 1.1 = 22% difference between being inside and outside of Voidform.

The change right now makes being outside of voidform worse. And given that Shadow just didn't need a flat out 10% damage buff, if they are as dumb as they are with making SF/VF multiplicative, then they'll probably go the dumbest route to get shadow back down, i.e. nerf coefficients, instead of just making SF/VF additive and reducing VF to 10%.

I wonder, does that haste effect trigger on a mob you can't stun? I can totally see Mind Bomb on CD being good.
    No, the loss of control effect has to actually happen for you to gain the haste effect.

Main is a mage and it doesn't trigger with Nova/Dragon's Breath unless they actually suffer from loss of control. (Poly also works, but eh. Polying in raids lol)

So far I can Nova/DB the slimes on Il'gynoth and the Inconceivable Horrors on Xavius, so there's opportunity there. Might be some other bosses with adds susceptible to the stun. It's late. I can't remember at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Where do they report stuff like that? Just curious
    https://twitter.com/devolore/status/779057545813958657

Homophobia is so gay.