Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can't tell if Havoc nerf was warranted.

Deleted
    That warlock buff... I did mythic runs with warlocks after the patch they are still the last ones ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    That warlock buff... I did mythic runs with warlocks after the patch they are still the last ones ^^
    Except these changes don't take effect until next week so you ran with status quo locks.

Mistweaver
    Spinning Crane Kick (Mistweaver) damage reduced by 25%. What is the justification for this? Leveled As MW in beta and live and Spinning Crane kick actually makes killing mobs on world quest tolerable. Not like the mind numbing smite spam of Holy Priest which was one of the reasons I switched to MW.

But I also see Holy Priest: Holy Nova damage was reduced by 16%. Not a happy camper as I am running my Priest though World Quest in case we need it but it is really too painfully slow to do so. Really wish they would give reasoning when nerfs are issued.
    Last edited by Hamacus; 2016-09-24 at 08:13 AM.

Come on blizzard, DH's only real issue was burst AOE, and instead of doing it in baby steps you gut their ST and sustained cleave...

Why did they not think to nerf momentums bonus to AOE?

God forbid a class doesn't blow massive ass chunks on certain encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    I don't understand this, I've not seen a single bad lock this expansion so far. Maybe my guild ones are just better than the average, but they always sit in the top 5 on some fights.

Hell we even managed to make 4th best time in EU Mythic + Nelthation's Lair 7 and Maw of Souls 8 last night. Despite running one of the most unoptimized groups possible.

Running 2 rogues, and a destro lock, with DH tank and Shammy healer. The lock did amazingly well, and even more so in Emerald Nightmare, and any other Mythic Plus.

I really haven't seen these underperforming terrible warlocks yet.

Last edited by Valentyn; 2016-09-24 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I agree with Valen. I've yet to see an underperforming warlock either.

They forgot to nerf Eye Beam common!

(just kiddin, RIP DH - they even nerfed Vengeance - this was not needed)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentyn View Post
    I don't understand this, I've not seen a single bad lock this expansion so far. Maybe my guild ones are just better than the average, but they always sit in the top 5 on some fights.

Hell we even managed to make 4th best time in EU Mythic + Nelthation's Lair 7 and Maw of Souls 8 last night. Despite running one of the most unoptimized groups possible.

Running 2 rogues, and a destro lock, with DH tank and Shammy healer. The lock did amazingly well, and even more so in Emerald Nightmare, and any other Mythic Plus.

I really haven't seen these underperforming terrible warlocks yet.

your other players just suck a lot! and how did the WL fine with 2 rogues? they must be at 1mil dps while he is crying at 300/400k.

Quote Originally Posted by Drglatze View Post
    your other players just suck a lot! and how did the WL fine with 2 rogues? they must be at 1mil dps while he is crying at 300/400k.
    I'm one of the Outlaw rogues, and even with a 6 rolls and every cooldown the highest I can burst to is around 780K single target; it's only on trash packs we exceed a million. While the average is around 260-320K.

You can also also click on the logs and check out the dmg. The Lock did really well.

On average 10-30K behind one of the rogues; and it's worth noting the rogues' iLevels are 851 ( with legendary ), and 852 without.

With these Warlock buffs we'll be pushing times even easier, and at higher Mythic Plus levels now.

Also we're also 4th in the World of Neltharion's Lair lvl 7, so it's not that EU players sucks. If they did why are USA rankings worse
    Last edited by Valentyn; 2016-09-24 at 08:07 AM.

I'm very happy to see these changes. Some classes had specs which were underperforming, but in the case of Warlocks it was the entire class. Meanwhile DHs could go faceroll with 30ilevels lower gear and beat everyone, no matter how much effort others put.

Wow...not every DH Tank is messing with Mastery Blizz. Casual players like me are playing here too. Sry...were playing. Guess i have to go back to my rogue cause tanking with the DH won't be much fun.

Deleted
    Seems its best to play class/spec with high mobility/survival tools and offensive tools, since they focus on giving everything the same damage output.

Deleted
    yeah buff everyone, but not enha.. RIP my shammy

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    completly gutting out DH while not even touching monks which are stronger then DH and barely touching unholy/arms which are on par with those - blizzard team is fucking retarded i wouldnt hire them even in mcdonald to make fries -_-
    I dont know wich game you are playing but demon hunter is far superior to WW on single target and on multi target fights. Now that strike of the windlord got nerfed DH is superior by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Akritar View Post
    I'm very happy to see these changes. Some classes had specs which were underperforming, but in the case of Warlocks it was the entire class. Meanwhile DHs could go faceroll with 30ilevels lower gear and beat everyone, no matter how much effort others put.
    Warlock changes feel more like taking a sledgehammer to a problem when a scalpel is needed. Not that I'm complaining - buffs are nice - but most problems are related to core mechanics and not raw numbers. Flat damage buffs will not fix the classes most frustrating problems; Demonology's Demonic Empowerment spam and immobility, Affliction's perennially long ramp up time, or Destruction's finicky burst and boring-ass resource generation.

Plus some of these buffs are fixing problems that don't exist. Affliction, for example, doesn't need to have Seed of Corruption buffed - it's AoE is already strong - and across-the-board damage buffs will make Destruction's already great cleave even better (instant cast RoF, however, is very nice).

Deleted
    I never say this, but one huge thumbs up to blizzard for this. They actually buffed all the weak speccs like elemental and all 3 warlock speccs and nerfed the strong ones like DH.

I am really glad they did this and apologize to my insulting Blizzard remarks that they never get shit done. They actually came through this time in a fast pace.

From my first look over it it seems they definitively hit the right tone with this balance update. We will see about numbers next week but I am positive.

Really surprised that they didn't really nerf arms, because Arms is one of the strongest PvE speccs right now, but that is none of my business.

ok so for all you people that think DH nerf was warranted... it was only good on single target when played really well / perfectly... and they nerfed a lot of our single target damage with the throw glaive bloodlet nerf. I was already struggling to find a reason to continue playing a spec that makes my hands feel arthritic and being good dps was all I was holding onto. with those nerfs and aoe nerfs... and a fel barrage nerf already stated coming down the pipe... I just dont see a fucking point anymore.

I mean I thought this heavy handed 30% and 100% fucking nerf shit wasn't going to happen blizz WTF?!
    Last edited by justinope; 2016-09-24 at 10:00 AM.

Lock buffs ? Why ?

I really don t understand the idea behind these ! Imo warlocks especially destruction and demonology were doing just fine. They were midle to top of the pack. Is that a problem ? DO warlocks HAVE TO be number one dps ? My locks in EN where consistently top 5-6 already...

Although I agree that Affliction needed some love.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorana View Post
    I really don t understand the idea behind these ! Imo warlocks especially destruction and demonology were doing just fine. They were midle to top of the pack. Is that a problem ? DO warlocks HAVE TO be number one dps ? My locks in EN where consistently top 5-6 already...

Although I agree that Affliction needed some love.
    Warlocks are really bad currently. They are not top5-6. They are top 15-20. And affliction is basically one of the worst speccs in the game.
    Yes warlocks absolutely needed love like RET, Elemental, Frost and Frost did.

Grow up and accept this.

Lol@ people thinking DHs were fine. Hillarious