Thread: YouTube Heroes

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    so now we can flag anything? week 1 = pewdiepie will be flagged by his haters

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%23YTHeroes

Gotta love the response. Also, the video is at 637866 views, 3699 up, 222231 down. Great going YouTube. Wonder if they're seriously going to go through with this, or if they're going to walk it back.

Going for the "most hated video on YouTube" -title, or will it disappear before reaching that goal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/lqS7plw.jpg
    Going for the "most hated video on YouTube" -title, or will it disappear before reaching that goal?
    Relatively speaking (strictly in terms of likes<->dislikes) they might already have achieved that. Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Youtubers and streamers should pay for being there. Twitch and youtube should get money, a lot more money than currently from popular dudes.

I do not believe these "hosters" have any option to go. They get so much donations they will stay either way. Youtube and twitch should become a lot more iron ruled - hosters without donation and subs button go free the rest should fucking pay money for getting hosted on a global huge popular site.

All these current "all time youtouber and streamers" should perish. Make it as hobby or get enough money out of donations from those who care for you. nothing, absolutely nothing professional here and no reason big companies and their ads should do anything
    Without the streamers, and content makers, youtube would die. Do you think it's hard to create a new video hosting site? Youtube would be Myspace in a matter of months, while facebook takes off.

I heard this system worked very well in Nazi-Germany.

Deleted

Some responses by creators already up.

Someone linked Twitter and I've got to say

That's my favorite. For me it's tied between reporting it for "promoting hatred/bullying" (of content creators you don't like), or "suicide" (of their credibility).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Can't wait to see Youtube: Moderated by Tumblr.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account

Skip to 3:05 the creator of Arby n' the chief had some words to say about this too. About how he foreshadowed this garbage on his show 4 years ago.

Skeptic has even pointed out that today maybe that they changed some of the wording in the video to make it less vague. But you know what they meant. It's all bullshit.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Youtubers and streamers should pay for being there. Twitch and youtube should get money, a lot more money than currently from popular dudes.

I do not believe these "hosters" have any option to go. They get so much donations they will stay either way. Youtube and twitch should become a lot more iron ruled - hosters without donation and subs button go free the rest should fucking pay money for getting hosted on a global huge popular site.

All these current "all time youtouber and streamers" should perish. Make it as hobby or get enough money out of donations from those who care for you. nothing, absolutely nothing professional here and no reason big companies and their ads should do anything
    Someone's jealous that others are successful and happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Envy hahaha. Wake up. This is pure resentment. read up on it, read what the most (philosophers with a certain morale call it: ) evil thing is a human can feel towards another.
    You resent people because they have a job they enjoy? Do you also go out of your way to stomp on flowers and spit on puppies?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    The old saying "don't read the comments" might come to an end
    YT comments don't serve any competent form of discussion, so I'm not sure why I'd ever start reading them in the first place. If I'm watching a video, it's because I'm interested in the content creators opinion, and nothing more. *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Typed like someone who has never spent an ounce of energy creating anything.

I haven't used youtube for years so I couldn't care less about this youtube hero shizzle, but are they seriously saying misgendering people is worse than genocide? wtf

You ever just sit back and watch, knowing something's going to die and you can actually pinpoint where things start really going downhill? This has been Youtube for the last year and a half or so.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Typed like someone who has never spent an ounce of energy creating anything.
    I've been on Youtube, 95% of everyone on there haven't either.

As of September 24th (today) the video has 536,790 dislikes and 11,976 likes.

That's a 97.8% disapproval rating. I don't think I've seen such a one sided ratio on a video with over half a million votes.

Deleted
    This is like debutising and handing a virtual gun to every person(and crazy, troll, sjw, shill or child) on youtube, expect videos and channels to start dying as the whole community turns into Wild West.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-09-24 at 08:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I should flag this video for terrorism.

I would like to see a video from TB regarding this video.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Generally a good idea. YouTube has always known that they have a problem establishing a sense of community. One of our clients, Viki, uses an extension of such tech on their media player allowing dynamic time series comments and it is why they're successful. People here are way too naive to realize both the business and technological implications of having such data. Their implementation of comment moderation is questionable but it probably isn't going to do much to the people whining that they won't use YouTube given the general popularity of sites with like Reddit, especially given the general advertising blindness of forum users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I should flag this video for terrorism.

I would like to see a video from TB regarding this video.
    i doubt totalbiscuit cares much at this point seeing as he's got bigger issues to worry about. like the cancer battle he's fighting. sadly i don't think totalbiscuit will be around much longer.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I don't care unless this hurts content creators that I like because Youtube deems them to be inappropriate.

I don't get why they do this though. They have a perfect thing going, a complete monopoly of internet videos. They don't have to change anything but for some reason they got into their head they need to form their own secret police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't get why they do this though. They have a perfect thing going, a complete monopoly of internet videos. They don't have to change anything but for some reason they got into their head they need to form their own secret police.
    A few reasons they do this.

#1 They don't have the money. YouTube actually loses money each year so far.

#2 Advertisers don't like their products to be advertised on certain videos, and YouTube is trying really hard to appeal to advertisers. So instead of a broken algorithm to flag videos, YouTube will rely on free labor.

#3 Can't blame YouTube for videos taken down by YouTube Heroes. So far YouTube gets a lot of negative feedback for the things they do to their content creators.