Thread: Shadow Nerfs

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a spriest for many many years and someone who made the mistake of going the wrong path on the weapon traits, as well as not being a S2M spriest...

I'm going to still bust my ass to try to be in the top dps in my guild's runs regardless. I was #4 for a couple of the fights I think, I'll have to look again, but we should just look at these nerfs as a challenge from Blizzard to prove ourselves and all. Yeah, it blows, but it's what it is. Hopefully Blizzard will change their mind, but chances are they won't, so I'll just go ahead and adjust.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

On the other hand, it's surely very thematic. We're slowly being driven to insanity trying to play that spec.

Art by draken4o

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    About time they redo the whole tallent.. (Someone linked it in guildchat, not sure who should be credited)

They might as well be honnest about it.
    I don't know, I'd change the last line to "Then you get nerfed. Horribly".

Got my monk at 110 and started leveling a mage and I gotta say I'm enjoying the mage right now.
    Not sure yet if I'll reroll but might as well get that artifact power stacking asap just in case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I wonder if that happened before or after you "outdpsed everyone including demon hunters in heroic dungeons".
    Still do buddy. We should group up.

All this talk is about stm. A talent I rarely use. I just find it hilarious that s2m caps at 50 and i can do that with lotv. I guess its about maintaining it as much as possible but right now s2m isnt interestinf anymore. Something people have been wanting for a while but forgot over time for the talents to be balanced.
    Hell even mindspike does good damage rn.
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2016-09-25 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post

All this talk is about stm. A talent I rarely use. I just find it hilarious that s2m caps at 50 and i can do that with lotv. I guess its about maintaining it as much as possible but right now s2m isnt interestinf anymore. Something people have been wanting for a while but forgot over time for the talents to be balanced.
    what is it like being a living, breathing meme?

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post

Kind of a null argument there. 50 stacks of lotv, sure. I get that too. But s2m has you spend lots of time with that dot increase damage, lotv doesn't let you do that.

SPs are still one of the best classes and all of your competition got nerfed also

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    SPs are still one of the best classes and all of your competition got nerfed also
    No they didnt.
    All hail Ion Itsgonnacostus, the overlord of hypocracy

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    No they didnt.
    outlaw rogues and arms warriors and MM hunters got nerfed

i agree that fire not getting nerfed is BS, but that doesnt mean SP didnt deserve one.

I'm not re-rolling. No point in being FOTM I'm going to roll the class I like the most and disc is my OS so going to continue to play that if nothing else. Every class gets nerfed/buffed, no point following that.

How could anyone reroll at this point? What other dps rotation you find equally interesting/challening/not boring to Shadow after playing Shadow for a month?
    Numbers change but the fun is there.

outlaw rogues and arms warriors and MM hunters got nerfed

i agree that fire not getting nerfed is BS, but that doesnt mean SP didnt deserve one.
    They didn't though, what numbers were you looking at to make you think they did? Logs had them a little above middle of the pack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberkafros View Post
    How could anyone reroll at this point? What other dps rotation you find equally interesting/challening/not boring to Shadow after playing Shadow for a month?
    Numbers change but the fun is there.
    Numbers is a big part of the fun though :/

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd really love to do mythic 5 mans and not feel like being boosted even though my gear is on par with my fellow partymembers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    They didn't though, what numbers were you looking at to make you think they did? Logs had them a little above middle of the pack.
    they're topping pretty hard on cena xavius and dragons

Here we go again with xavius again. It's a skewed fight as we can use surrender twice. (dragons also has/had a bug(?) where you could stand between them both without taking stacks from one of them).

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    Here we go again with xavius again. It's a skewed fight as we can use surrender twice. (dragons also has/had a bug(?) where you could stand between them both without taking stacks from one of them).
    does it matter if it's skewed? they're the fights, mythic xavius is the most important fight in the game atm and if your class can top it then your class is amazing.
    same reason why rogues were in high demand for mythic blackhand even though they were middle of the pack

it doesnt matter what the steril raw tests show, what matters is real gameplay application, and there SP is amazing.

Oh my. I don't even play Legion but I know that you can S2M twice on Xavius.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    does it matter if it's skewed? they're the fights, mythic xavius is the most important fight in the game atm and if your class can top it then your class is amazing.
    same reason why rogues were in high demand for mythic blackhand even though they were middle of the pack

it doesnt matter what the steril raw tests show, what matters is real gameplay application, and there SP is amazing.
    Yes it matters. It's a cooldown that has very specific limitations - not only you die when it's over, but you also cannot be ressurected for three minutes. Xavius mechanics bypass both of these, so it's one of a kind situation. Balancing a spec around such specific case is absurd, especially if it hurts its performance in other areas/bosses. Don't reset S2M cooldown or still kill the player after it's over. Problem solved.

It's not that they might not need balancing otherwise, but Xavius is a horrible example. Fix the unintended skill usage and then check the performance.