Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    when they advertise as "taking progression seriously" and wiping to normal mode. get the fuck out of my face with that casual shit.

- - - Updated - - -

No, sorry, you're wrong and I am sorry that you are wrong.

When they advertise as "taking progression seriously" and still don't show up flasked (not pots, cause lol those prices) and food buff, and not researching the fights, not knowing how to play their class they need to take that bullshit out of their advertisement on wowprogress. The core of the group (around 15-20 of them) are all at about the 845-850 ilvl when raids were released and still don't know what the fuck they are doing.
    I'm sorry but I agree with Injin. People can say what ever they want in chat. I usually do background checks if I care at all about raiding competitively. Check guild history, check raid team accomplishments, website, etc... It's usually pretty clear who are genuine and who are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    People can say what ever they want in chat.
    please point out where i said chat.

please point out where i said chat.

when they advertise as "taking progression seriously"

- - - Updated - - -

When they advertise as "taking progression seriously"

They, in one way or another, directed a clear statement at you.
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2016-09-26 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    They, in one way or another, directed a clear statement at you.
    please, i ask again, where in there did i say chat?

i did say wowprogress.

but i did not say chat.

Deleted
    Guild has 6/7 hc down while i myself only got elerethe hc down. Tad bit to much melee and tehy dont want to go with a big group + My laptop runs raids badly so overall rip me

I do know what to do on each fight And my dmg is around same as other dk in raid, but i can barly raid due lagg and often freezing for second or 2.

please, i ask again, where in there did i say chat?

i did say wowprogress.

but i did not say chat.
    For what purpose are you arguing the semantics of my statement? The point I was making remains the same. People can claim, through text, voice, or image, what ever they want. It is often far more fruitful to do some digging of your own before committing to anything.

If you disagree with that reasoning, feel free to argue it. I have no idea why you seem keen however on challenging the phrasing of my point when, regardless of whether it was done through text on wowprogress or text in game, it remains the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawwrz View Post
    Yup I'm trying to avoid this headache myself. People have been given ample time to gear/enchant and yet going through armories checking people who are supposed to be "raid" ready I see people 815 ilvl.. Weapon low level. Yet I see these people on day and night makes me wonder wtf they have been doing for weeks.
    It's because of RNG. Once I reached 110 I stopped getting relics. The only ones I got was for my 3rd relic slot which I hadn't unlocked, I got like 20 of them from world quests and no relics at all from dungeons. My best relic was iLvl 790 or something like that, a quest reward that got upgraded while leveling. On top of that I got almost no warforging or titanforging at all on my rewards which in total meant my iLvl was 835 when entering EN, and I had been playing a LOT prior to that.

Deleted
    when they advertise as "taking progression seriously" and wiping to normal mode. get the fuck out of my face with that casual shit.

- - - Updated - - -

No, sorry, you're wrong and I am sorry that you are wrong.

When they advertise as "taking progression seriously" and still don't show up flasked (not pots, cause lol those prices) and food buff, and not researching the fights, not knowing how to play their class they need to take that bullshit out of their advertisement on wowprogress. The core of the group (around 15-20 of them) are all at about the 845-850 ilvl when raids were released and still don't know what the fuck they are doing.

I play this game to get better at it, to progress at the max level content. Not sit around and fucking wipe to a stupid faceroll boss in a faceroll difficulty. (Normal is the new LFR) Get out of my face with your casual bullshit.
    Ok, so here are the options as far as I can see.

Either the guild has a decent history of progress (which you checked out beforehand, obviously) but just has a way of working which you don't understand or the guild doesn't have a decent history of progress and you didn't check.

Either way, its on you.

I've just done the first few runs of En normal and I did exactly what your guild did, tbh. I had a group that is half long time guildies and half new people. I did tell everyone to get pots and flasks, but seeing prices told them to forget it.

On some fights I gave lots of tactics and called everything. On some fights I let everybody talk over each other. On some fights i gave no tactics and we just hailed and attacked the boss.

Why? Because I need to know how my team reacts and I need to know the tuning of the fights. No doubt to some of the new guys this looked at times like chaos. But I find out about them this way - because a viable in the medium to long term raid group is not actually mostly about learning fights, its about the mix of personalities within the group - everyone has to be happy with each other when theres not much progress for a week or two or you don't have a viable guild. I didn't get anyone rage quitting about lack of progress but if I did that would have been just fine because it meant they didn't fit.

Raiding for most guilds is a marathon not a sprint and you can only generally go as fast as the slowest player. You want to ditch low performers and sprint as fast as possible at all times. This makes you a bad guildie for most guilds. Tbh, you need to find a nice mythic progress chasing guild who all play a lot better than you do who will ocassionally let you come on a boost run. You don't belong anywhere else.

Deleted
    I don't see the relation between gear and the "being ready" for heroic at this point. (Unless you're 810 geared but ok..).

What would grind my gears is not everyone bringing their consumables or they're taking so much damage they should not be taking (Yeah.. I'm a healer and I know when you're standing in crap ) or failing to move out of Il'gynoth in time. That is more important then +5 or -5 ilvl.

Geezus I don't get why people talk bad to the OP. Sure he made the error of not properly looking into his first guild. Then when expectations were not met, left the guild.
    And now he suddenly is not fit to raid mythic? On what basis did people come to that?

I don't really see how he joined a raid from a new guild though and then "went along" with his old one. If I was GM of the old one, I would have had serious issues with that player. But I find it rather stupid of that guildmanagement to not take the OP's advice on fights. You have first hand experience, use it.

It is abundantly clear that the OP should have left the guild. The guild which he poorly selected, true. But also the management of that guild is at fault here. You recruit someone who clearly has different goals in WoW or wants to behave a little less casual then the guild wants. So... don't recruit such a guy. But ofcourse they do recruit him because well... "they hope it will turn out fine or lack recruits".

It is not a onesided story here.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Ok, so here are the options as far as I can see.

I've just done the first few runs of En normal and I did exactly what your guild did, tbh. Tbh, you need to find a nice mythic progress chasing guild who all play a lot better than you do who will ocassionally let you come on a boost run. You don't belong anywhere else.
    someone who wipes to puggable faceroll content is telling me where I belong.

k adding you to the ignore list and yet again: get out of my face with this casual bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Roughly same for me. We raid as 30 people and we have about 10 that are holding us back heavily. This week we had a DD DH that did 90K dps on a fight.

I simply can't tell them they are bad players. I feel so bad for them
    All raids except mythic are flex raids. Kick the 10 players and have them form a second team. 30 man raids aren't ideal anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

15+ Year Old Account
    I pugged 6/7 EN Normal. In the end, it was quite easy. Haven't raided with my guild yet, but they seem to be ready, or at least close to.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's because of RNG. Once I reached 110 I stopped getting relics. The only ones I got was for my 3rd relic slot which I hadn't unlocked, I got like 20 of them from world quests and no relics at all from dungeons. My best relic was iLvl 790 or something like that, a quest reward that got upgraded while leveling. On top of that I got almost no warforging or titanforging at all on my rewards which in total meant my iLvl was 835 when entering EN, and I had been playing a LOT prior to that.
    If you didn't have your 3rd slot unlocked and put the free relic in it before raids unlocked then you're doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Geezus I don't get why people talk bad to the OP. Sure he made the error of not properly looking into his first guild. Then when expectations were not met, left the guild.
    And now he suddenly is not fit to raid mythic? On what basis did people come to that?

I don't really see how he joined a raid from a new guild though and then "went along" with his old one. If I was GM of the old one, I would have had serious issues with that player. But I find it rather stupid of that guildmanagement to not take the OP's advice on fights. You have first hand experience, use it.

It is abundantly clear that the OP should have left the guild. The guild which he poorly selected, true. But also the management of that guild is at fault here. You recruit someone who clearly has different goals in WoW or wants to behave a little less casual then the guild wants. So... don't recruit such a guy. But ofcourse they do recruit him because well... "they hope it will turn out fine or lack recruits".

It is not a onesided story here.

Not OP, but thank-you. Someone right here who I won't blatantly flame. Why? Because he gets it.

Yes I poorly selected a guild. But they were very very misleading. We got to 4/13M in the last patch before poor attendance issues started to hinder our progress in HFC. Which I was fine with, because between pre-patch dropping and EN opening we recruited ALOT of very "hopeful" players. Here is a quote from their wowprogress page " The guild's scope is limited and very simple. We are not a hardcore raiding guild, but we do take progression raiding seriously."

They were by no means hardcore (4/13M) but that last line, that very tiny winy last line.

You don't research fights.
    You don't come to the raid with flasks.
    Don't don't come with potions.
    You don't come enchanted.
    You don't come with food buffs.
    You don't come to the raid knowing what your class has to offer and how to utilize those abilites.

On the other hand.
    I came with a full stack of flasks.
    A stack of potions (the prices were stupid insane)
    I came with MULTIPLE stacks of the max food buff for my toon.
    I was fully enchanted (+200's, neck enchant)
    I was full gemmed.
    I had taken the time to research the fights.

Your version and my version of "taking progression raiding seriously" is vastly different then.

With prior knowledge of the fights, and how they played out, and then my advice falls on deaf ears?
    I could have been a dick about it and not come entirely, but instead I decided to come along and do it with them. Even though I was already loot locked on every single boss. It wasn't about gear, because getting mad over loot stuff is very childish. At that point it was about respect. And so I did what I hope any person who is serious about raiding would do, is gquit. Because if I can literally pull together a pug on the night of release at about 2AM-3AM (US time) and using nothing but the in-game chat to coordinate everything and down that content. But a guild who can't do it with vent and at normal raiding hours?
    Sorry not the guild for me.

Yeah at that point in time, you are not only wasting my time, but you are wasting my materials in which I have bought with the gold I spent TIME to make.
    Last edited by Veshx; 2016-09-26 at 08:44 AM.

We got kinda the same problem, also a casual/family friendly guild and the first night alot of people could not even pull like 100k dps, it was just horrible. We managed to down 3 bosses on normal the first night, we used way too much time on the Eye Boss .. But the other night we got a grp of like 15 ppl, with only 1-2 bad dps and we almost cleared it all, had Xavius to 10% but alot of us had really no clue about the fights, we just went blindly in, and 1 shotted the Dragons and Cenarius ..

I hope we just can keep the raid grp like this with 14-15 people that knows how to play their class, because HC wont be a thing if we have to carry 10-15 more people, and some of the ''bad'' people can't take constructive critism at all, it really pisses me off when u tell somebody doing 80k dps on a boss where u supposed to do 200k that they are doing something wrong and they just become mad, how can you be so blind and not see you clearly doing something wrong?

It just feels abit stupid when you see other people in the guild clearing 7/7 in a pug run and we struggle to kill the shit in a guild grp

snip
    I would not take a 4/13M progress in a raid open for 14 months as "taking progression raiding seriously"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I would not take a 4/13M progress in a raid open for 14 months as "taking progression raiding seriously"
    They say they aren't a hardcore guild and their progression is that of the type of guild that will do one or two mythics every tier (maybe).

OP dun fucked up.

With the ease of pugging, theres a problem for the progression minded player - they are so easy to replace in normal and HC they are basically worthless to a progression guild unless they are funny or nice or something.

That's why OP should hook up with a mythic chasing guild who are play better than he does. He isn't midcore, he's hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Yes and I did admit my fault in the post above.

But to these people to crucify me about my decision to leave a guild that was wasting my time?
    And on top of that they tell me I have no place in a raiding guild when they wipe to PUGable content?

Fuck out of here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    It just feels abit stupid when you see other people in the guild clearing 7/7 in a pug run and we struggle to kill the shit in a guild grp
    That's what F+F tuning is all about though. You hang around with people you like and sacrifice your progress a bit for it. Blizzard got it bang on in this tier, imo you can indeed take grandma and kill things. Its great.