Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJim View Post
    Wish I could switch to Fury, but you know...2 Arms-specific Legendaries. If I switch then those are completely wasted. Great game designing, Blizzard.
    Some of the legendaries actually help mitigate the changes to tactician procs since they increase ur rage regeneration and/or give CS uptime. The change to 30% FR was still warranted anyway since they aren't really touching Arms mastery.

I've started looking at fury and it just doesn't feel rewarding except in large AoE. I think filling out the weapon will help. Juggernaut seems kinda shit thou
    Last edited by Kilma; 2016-09-26 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJim View Post
    Wish I could switch to Fury, but you know...2 Arms-specific Legendaries. If I switch then those are completely wasted. Great game designing, Blizzard.
    Seeing as there are only two Arms specific legendaries...

Are you fucking kidding me?

The MS glove is by far the strongest legendary in the game. Grats on an extra 50k+ DPS and never having downtime in the rotation again.

Deleted
    How much do OC, HW and RotV traits devalue crit and/or increase value of haste? I don't have those yet and I'm getting crit as my best secondary and haste the worst.

7+ Year Old Account
    See you in next expansion fury. Have a nice legion.

I'm the second DPS warrior, and I was concerned that our Tuesday 7/7N clear that my spec might've held me back. I wasn't too familiar with the fights and was working like a dog in the weeks leading to release, so I could scarcely study the fights.

Last night was our first heroic, clearing 4/7H on the first night with a few one shots. I am the guild Fury warrior, and though I play Arms I had been lacking a second ETW relic. (Hell, I've still got a +24 Blood relic with a throwaway passive.)

My performance has been very good. Depending on fight RNG, I can even surpass our Arms warrior, and he has Ayala's, great gear overall, and is an excellent player. So far, I'm not worried about losing my raid spot as I can easily land in the upper echelon of our DPS or not far under. Some of our casters are struggling though (SPriest, for example).

The +20-30% damage taken is a detriment to immediate mechanics, but we're strong against wait and drop stuff, such as Ursoc's Stampede or even Rot. I found myself especially vulnerable to Nythendra's exploding cockroaches on Heroic, but utterly fearless versus any mechanic that let me drop Enrage before the pressure hit. Even against Il'gynoth's (overtuned) Spew Corruption I could last pretty long or survive it entirely without needing a cooldown or healthstone (most of the time).

Tonight we finish the raid, but I'm still nervous. Old War potions have made a NIGHT AND DAY difference in my damage potential. These things are absolutely mind blowing for damage contribution, but they're agonizingly expensive.

I'm also still legendary-less. I'm unsure if I should ride out Fury (as I stopped dead on AP before acquiring Sense Death at my guild's behest), or continue throwing down for Arms in spite of the impending nerfs. I can pull 200k DPS sustained on the dummy, even with Massacre and no Execute phase, without any consumables, whereas I even out on Arms around 172k DPS after a few minutes. I cannot find comfortable binds for it, despite having gotten the hang of the spec.
    Last edited by Eninya; 2016-09-26 at 09:37 PM.

I do have to agree with the overall sentiment in this thread. The EtW nerf was a little heavy handed, but the FR nerf was necessary. It's wholly unfair, however, that the specifically single-target oriented spec be subjected to being lower than the cleave king spec if we don't somehow get the a legendary. Even then, we'll get shit on by most anyone in the game.
    The worst part? We won't get considered by Blizzard for buffs. Nope. It won't happen, don't think it will. Not without the community as a whole demanding that we have at least one raid-viable spec. Arms was finally fun and viable, and that was ruined. The fury buffs weren't substantial enough to get us anywhere.
    Unless something changes, we're all doomed. It was fun bois, we're getting the same stick that WW monks got in Highmaul.

Goodnight, sweet princes.

As fury is it worth dropping the class specific neck and haste mastery ring (assuming equal ivls) for the set bonus of ring of looming menace and chain of scorched bones?

Deleted
    A big problem is that fury warriors STILL take 30% extra damage.

I never got why Warpaint wasn't just a straight up 10% leech or something like that, something defensive that fits into the design of Fury.

And the issue of furious strike, that is honestly the most useless ability in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    A big problem is that fury warriors STILL take 30% extra damage.

I never got why Warpaint wasn't just a straight up 10% leech or something like that, something defensive that fits into the design of Fury.

And the issue of furious strike, that is honestly the most useless ability in the game.
    I would like to see the damage taken reduced to 10-15%, and Warpaint turned into move speed while enraged. That would actually make that tier interesting. Warpaint is fucking retarded design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I would like to see the damage taken reduced to 10-15%, and Warpaint turned into move speed while enraged. That would actually make that tier interesting. Warpaint is fucking retarded design.
    I honestly don't see why it's not something like 5% leech or 20% Leech while enraged.

Some sort of defence that fits the spec theme.

I understand the damage taken fits the spec theme, but give use defenses that also fit along with it.

Deleted
    How long do you hold on odyn's fury or wrecking ball procs if you can't get an enrage? Say you're in a dungeon and start the fight with 0 rage. You BT, it doesn't crit. Is it worth it to gamble the next BT / in the worst case scenario build until rampage to use them, or do you just fire and forget even without enrage? Does AoE change this priority in any way, how long are you willing to wait for the enrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    How long do you hold on odyn's fury or wrecking ball procs if you can't get an enrage? Say you're in a dungeon and start the fight with 0 rage. You BT, it doesn't crit. Is it worth it to gamble the next BT / in the worst case scenario build until rampage to use them, or do you just fire and forget even without enrage? Does AoE change this priority in any way, how long are you willing to wait for the enrage?
    It's NEVER worth to odyn's when you are not enraged and fully buffed. It's your strongest ability.

Personaly I do odyn after first rampage. If anything in dungeon dies before that they were not odyn's fury targets anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rastlin View Post
    it's never worth to odyn's when you are not enraged and fully buffed. It's your strongest ability.

Personaly i do odyn after first rampage. If anything in dungeon dies before that they were not odyn's fury targets anyway.
    they were not worthy of odyn's fury!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I honestly don't see why it's not something like 5% leech or 20% Leech while enraged.

Some sort of defence that fits the spec theme.

I understand the damage taken fits the spec theme, but give use defenses that also fit along with it.
    Honestly there is no reason you take additional damage.
    A real Berserker doesnt take more damage, he sustains THROUGH damage. Fury could have a cooldown like Tryndamere (a League of Legends Champion), as when you activate it you generate a lot of rage and you cannot die for a few seconds. THATS actually something that makes sense to me. You are soooo angry that you dont feel your pain and keep fighting. Berserkers fight ruthless, if they lose their thumb because they didnt pay attention in the fight f.e. they still keep fighting.
    Thats my class fantasy of a berserker. Not this im angry but now somehow my wounds hurt me more (like wtf, if you have an adrenaline rush you can even run with a broken leg and shit like that)

Deleted
    All the whining of beeing ignored by blizzard;

• Fury
    o Rampage damage increased by 12%.
    o Bloodthirst damage increased by 12%.
    o Raging Blow damage increased by 5%.
    o Furious Slash damage increased by 5%.
    o Execute (Fury) damage increased by 5%.

How does that make fury fare now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    All the whining of beeing ignored by blizzard;

• Fury
    o Rampage damage increased by 12%.
    o Bloodthirst damage increased by 12%.
    o Raging Blow damage increased by 5%.
    o Furious Slash damage increased by 5%.
    o Execute (Fury) damage increased by 5%.

How does that make fury fare now?
    It's only a ~4-5% DPS buff which is nowhere near enough to make Fury attractive, especially since most other low performers got larger buffs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...led&dataset=90

nuff said honestly

my percentile, ilvl, doing 32% less damage than arms currently on single target fights

seemsbalancedman

So, I don't know if this is the right spot to ask or not, but I need some outside opinions because I can't for the life of me decide for myself. All the doom and gloom isn't really helping me decide, but I started with my Fury Warrior and leveled a WW monk second. I'm not really sure which I should go with. Fury is further along, and I enjoy it, but the monk is fun to play too. I pretty much only do mythic/mythic+ dungeons. Any opinions on what I should do?

Also, was the sim profile updated to be more accurate?

Deleted
    Fury is viable on 5 man content, because we bring strong, reliable AoE and CC, and most of the damage in mythics is avoidable so enrage doesn't fuck us up too much. You'll still end up feeling the lack of single target DPS, especially with how short execute phases can be / how likely it is that some mechanic force you to drop juggernaut stacks. Whether you / your group think it's gonna be a problem is up to you, but in my group we deal with it quite pretty well (Prot Pal, Hmonk, DH, BM Hunter, Fury).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Fury is viable on 5 man content, because we bring strong, reliable AoE and CC, and most of the damage in mythics is avoidable so enrage doesn't fuck us up too much. You'll still end up feeling the lack of single target DPS, especially with how short execute phases can be / how likely it is that some mechanic force you to drop juggernaut stacks. Whether you / your group think it's gonna be a problem is up to you, but in my group we deal with it quite pretty well (Prot Pal, Hmonk, DH, BM Hunter, Fury).
    On high mythic+ bosses being fury can be a blocker, f.e. hov+10 you will flat out die to hyrja's AOE.