10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Well Obama had a terrible Romney debate at first, seemed to be asleep or in pain killers. It's not something Clinton can walk home on.
    Obama wasn't facing the same odds as Clinton so he made the mistake of phoning the first debate in. He played himself in that debate but as the incumbent he had a lot more field to play on.

I'm not saying that Clinton doesn't have to keep working towards winning the debate, but perhaps her hardest one is is done and over with. This debate was Clinton's to lose and Trump's to prove that he can be presidential, she won, he lost.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Trump would last 4 years and Congress could keep him maintained.

He has his trust in the right people to guide him, people that can be trusted.

If Hillary wins shes in it for 8 years because the country will degrade in the first 4 to a point of no return.

Hillary surrounds herself with crooks and liars because that's what you have to be to have lived in professional politics that long.

You can endure Trump, you will collapse under Hillary.

The wealthy however will continue to be wealthy regardless of which of these two clowns is chosen.

Middle class and poor ...ha ...you guys are fucked!
    You...don't understand politics at all. I don't know why I'm surprised, but seriously, this post is just stupid lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man...tomorrow morning I'm pouring myself a hot cappucino, making a chili cheese omelette, and reading the Politifact file on this.

It's going to be HUUUUUUGE.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    There was only one President on that stage tonight. If you hadn't decided before tonight, that decision is over now.

Hillary did such a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Nobody thinks that both choices are good.

They just think the other is less shit.
    But shit is still shit....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Um...isn't Hannity a talk show host and literally on Trump's payroll?
    I don't know about the second part but he is a talk show host. Point is, he's not hiding in his dressing room, he's throwing himself in front of the cameras ASAP.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Direct questions from Lester to Trump about his biggest blips (Tax returns, birther), but nothing from Lester about her scandals (Goldman Sachs? Benghazi?), the tiny, tiny bit about emails came from Trump himself, not Lester.

The quests about his tax returns and the birther were fucking stupid and had no business being apart of this debate.

This debate was really bad, both of them were awful but Trump was exceptionally bad. He gave no specific policy and attacked Clinton on several, but refused to say his own. Pretty terrible.

It just seems that way to people who are uninformed so they cant make a connection between what hes saying, or are mentally slow and cant keep up.
    Or maybe you're just uninformed enough that his words seem to make sense because you don't understand any of them.

Trump annihilated Clinton in the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    You...don't understand politics at all. I don't know why I'm surprised, but seriously, this post is just stupid lol.
    Sure thing guy, hope you're rich.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

A clear Clinton victory.

Even the mexican peso went up http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...lection-debate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Trump: Mentions stop and frisk in his speech about how we need to bring back Law and Order (which is strange because I could SWEAR that show is still airing).

Holt: "SCOTUS ruled that stop and frisk was unconstitutional."

Trump: "No they didn't it."

Clinton: "Yes they did."

I think that little exchange is a good summation of how this debate went.
    But still he'll trot the usual conservative victim complex out "They were biased, you're all biased, you're not very nice to me" *tears and incoherent rambling*
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY SHIT

"I didn't say that" x6 POUND A REFINERY

It was LITERALLY AN HOUR AGO

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    This debate was really bad, both of them were awful but Trump was exceptionally bad. He gave no specific policy and attacked Clinton on several, but refused to say his own. Pretty terrible.
    Aw come on, Hillary looked pretty presidential.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Often a multifaceted statement comes off as rambling to people who aren't mentally quick enough to keep up.

When politicians have their message crafted for them (speech, tweets, etc) they speak in dumbed-down mcnuggets because they expect the least of people.

Hillary is very practiced at this so its become natural for her to speak in this manner.

Trump's not a career politician, when he speaks on something he draws upon a lot of elements.
    There's a difference between offering a multi-faceted statement full of nuanced reasoning and outright rambling. Nuance was not something Trump employed much of tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *grabs participation award from box in the back*

here you go.
    Participation awards will be outlawed under my reign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You're trying way too hard right now.
    Maximum effort.
    MAGA

Makes the next debate much more interesting, will Trump be more aggressive? I bet he will.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

So Trump's reason not to pay taxes is government is wasting our money. While I agree we do have massive amount of waste. If I and every other tax payer went with Trump then we would never have any money. Which is funny since he wants to increase military spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Aw come on, Hillary looked pretty presidential.
    All hail Queen of the Paint Suit!

MAGA