10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Let me sum up the debate for you folks

The winner was <insert your candidate here>, it was obvious they did way better than <Insert the candidate you don't like here>.
    That's less a summery of the debates and more a summery of how empty your posts are. Feel free to post that water is wet in any global warming thread.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Thing is, from a rational, realpolitik perspective, North Korea is a huge asset for China that they'd be fools to ever give up. It's unlikely that China actually believes that they can really control a nuclear armed NK, but they don't really have to. Every nuclear test they conduct forces America and our allies to expend more resources shoring up defenses, and also makes us look extremely weak for not being able to put a stop to it. And if our commitment to the region wanes, it allows China to step in with the sales pitch that they can protect Asian countries from threats that America doesn't want to deal with, and pull more states into their sphere and away from ours. The Chinese leadership knows that once Kim and his cronies are gone, THEY become the big bad bully on the block that everyone needs to set their differences aside to deal with, and they don't want that fight yet.
    Well put. It will be interesting to see how that unfolds in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Well who do you think performed better in the debate, zenkai?
    I tried to watch the debate but Clinton and Trump kept talking so i had to turn it off.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Well who do you think performed better in the debate, zenkai?
    I don't know I didn't watch it, I really don't care who wins out of those 2 morons.

You don't brag about not paying taxes makes you smart because;
    1. You are saying that if you do pay taxes you are dumb and most people are not rich enough to use the loopholes created by rich people to not pay taxes.
    2. There are people who are undecided that hate the ideal of someone with more money than they need not paying taxes.

And let's get serious here, Donald doesn't do his own taxes, he hires a very smart person who knows all the loopholes to do it for him, rather he is smart enough to not do his taxes himself. He also doesn't do his own investing, once you get that rich you put your money in an investment firm and you let geniuses figure out a way to turn your money into mo' money. Your money works for you, you don't work for your money. At that point your job is to make sure your money remains yours and to find ways to keep as much if it as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know I didn't watch it, I really don't care who wins out of those 2 morons.
    Since when did willful ignorance become an admirable personal quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Please read that back to yourself.

No, really. Read that back, and dwell on what you said, means.
    Haha. I can see where you are coming from. I just meant that ... if you listened to all the LIES that the media have spewed and continue to spew about Trump, the average viewer would think Trump would melt down within seconds of the first question. He didn't. He did OK. He is far from perfect (no doubt about that) but what the media doesn't seem to understand is that the more they speak out against him, the more a great many people start liking him more. Trump (and, more, his success so far) is just a symptom of the greater disease. He is just the ugly, unrefined boil that is a result of a much truer and real sickness in America (and the world). People are getting tired of the insanity and the guile.

Plus, Hillary has lied plenty about A LOT of things that get just about ZERO coverage (by many accounts, she is more a pathological liar, in that many of her lies were more just for the hell of it and not to sway voters). Most "fact checker" sources are as biased as Fox News and CNN, so those are useless too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Ah, I missed your link.
    I opened up their website and all I see is this, mind you I missed the one marked in blue.
    They put their best foot forward. Trump did say some things, yes. Online polls are being discussed here. But just after the election, Trump didn't even get a majority of FOX News poll results IN TEXAS. It's since been bumped up of course.

"Hit her harder" sounds like an admission of failure to me.

10+ Year Old Account

Basically what I saw a lot of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Trump......
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You don't brag about not paying taxes makes you smart because;
    1. You are saying that if you do pay taxes you are dumb and most people are not rich enough to use the loopholes created by rich people to not pay taxes.
    2. There are people who are undecided that hate the ideal of someone with more money than they need not paying taxes.

And let's get serious here, Donald doesn't do his own taxes, he hires a very smart person who knows all the loopholes to do it for him, rather he is smart enough to not do his taxes himself. He also doesn't do his own investing, once you get that rich you put your money in an investment firm and you let geniuses figure out a way to turn your money into mo' money. Your money works for you, you don't work for your money. At that point your job is to make sure your money remains yours and to find ways to keep as much if it as possible.
    He was pointing out that that is the problem, that Hilary's idea of "higher taxes" will just be circumvented by the people already avoiding it in the first place

I run a business and while I don't practice what trump does (we don't have that level of capital) I can tell you the excessive regulations and taxes in the name of global warming, a phenomenon that has fluctuated throughout earth's entire existence, is killing the United States economy and potential for growth

The man knows business and understands that what Hillary is saying is unrealistic and ineffective, a trend that much of Washington follows nowadays

Did anyone else find it uncomfortable when Hillary Clinton kept referring to the rich as "they" instead of "we" ... at least Trump owns up to it and is proud of his wealth and success. Was really hoping he'd call her on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Haha. I can see where you are coming from. I just meant that ... if you listened to all the LIES that the media have spewed and continue to spew about Trump, the average viewer would think Trump would melt down within seconds of the first question. He didn't. He did OK.
    Which lies, exactly?

And no, he didn't do 'ok'. He demonstrated a poor temperament and failed to make himself appear Presidential, which is the -minimum- standard for doing 'ok' in such a rate.

He is far from perfect (no doubt about that) but what the media doesn't seem to understand is that the more they speak out against him, the more a great many people start liking him more. Trump (and, more, his success so far) is just a symptom of the greater disease. He is just the ugly, unrefined boil that is a result of a much truer and real sickness in America (and the world). People are getting tired of the insanity and the guile.
    Ironic, because said 'people' are insane themselves.

Plus, Hillary has lied plenty about A LOT of things that get just about ZERO coverage (by many accounts, she is more a pathological liar, in that many of her lies were more just for the hell of it and not to sway voters). Most "fact checker" sources are as biased as Fox News and CNN, so those are useless too.
    Are you joking? Hillary has been pilloried repeatedly about a whole host of issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Since when did not caring about politics or (corrupt) politicians become shameful though?
    Since democracy became a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Basically what I saw a lot of.
    That is a racist, bigoted comment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Did anyone else find it uncomfortable when Hillary Clinton kept referring to the rich as "they" instead of "we" ... at least Trump owns up to it and is proud of his wealth and success. Was really hoping he'd call her on that.
    He isn't proud of it; in fact, he's rather insecure about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Alright
    /10

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    People who thimk like that due so due to insecurity. The only way for them to establish self-worth is by pretending they are somehow the only person who sees "reality for what it is", and therefore in his brain he is morally superior to reality. It's a rather sad cynical existence like that as these people only seem to exist to keep divorce lawyers and marriage councilors well-fed...

EDIT: oh, you were responding to Zuckit? Nah, he's full of shit. He's been defending Dump/attacking hillary supporters the whole time and is just pretending (to himself) that his reality isn't wrong.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-09-27 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was pointing out that that is the problem, that Hilary's idea of "higher taxes" will just be circumvented by the people already avoiding it in the first place

I run a business and while I don't practice what trump does (we don't have that level of capital) I can tell you the excessive regulations and taxes in the name of global warming, a phenomenon that has fluctuated throughout earth's entire existence, is killing the United States economy and potential for growth
    And your proof of this is what?

Boo hoo, that couple of dollars you pay in 'global warming' related policy really fucks you over, doesn't it?

The man knows business and understands that what Hillary is saying is unrealistic and ineffective, a trend that much of Washington follows nowadays
    His string of bankruptcies say the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Racist against -whom-? Orange people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Democracy allows you to decide that both candidates are douchebags, and that you shouldn't or wouldn't want to waste time knowing about their antics.
    Fundamentally untrue. Representative government by definition is unable to function if people aren't invested in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't care who leads our country for the next 4 years? We're talking about two individuals that are very far apart in terms of policy and experience.

And you don't care who wins? Why are you even in this thread?
    Eat yo vegetables