Page 43 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get this complaint at all. Blizzard have for some time been trying to push raiding as a base feature of the game, which means that it should come natural to you to raid. LFG is a insanely usefull tool atm and if you, as a player, can't find a group through this system with full "solo player" gear, then something is very wrong.

So if you really want this cosmetic weapen skin, then there is a very low bar-for-entry. But what if you don't want to raid? I understand that point of view very well, but then you should be used to not getting some cosmetic things all the time. We have always had gear, titles, mounts, pets and more stashed away in raiding, because some raiders needed another reward other then gear. So this is not something new, so the people who call an end to WoW because of this are being childish.

Some use the argument, that there are already few skins for the artifact weapen, so they are being pretty limited by having a skin locked behind raiding. This argument is both wierd and frail, since there is already a skin locked behind PvP and very few people have complained about that. So if PvPers are to get a unique skin for the weapen, then why can't raiders?

And yes, it is sad that Demon Hunters with their glaives, can't really transmog into other weapens, so they are locked into using their artifact weapen skins, but that is more a problem with the current way of glaives and not the unique factor of the skin.

All in all, i really think that some people need to pull themselfs together and ask themselfs how much value they are really ready to put into a cosmetic skin. If this cosmetic skin seems so impossible to get and so important to get, then maybe you should change the way you play or find another game to play. If normal raiding seems to hard to get into, but you still want all the benefits, then you are just acting like a spoiled child.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    It's a skin, skins are supposed to have requirements. It's one thing to deny actual character progression from LFR, it's another to include cosmetic bonuses for those who do participate in the higher difficulties.

Deleted
    Well, this escalated quickly. 44 pages of bashing LFR, I love you mmo-champion.

IMHO nothing should drop in lfr, and no quest should be done in there either. Also, normal shouldn't give any unique rewards, only hc and mythic.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    They post idiotic requirements because they are not much of a leader. Those kind of groups stand out because they are the definition of entitlement and immaturity, but they are not a representation of every group you would find using LFG.

So you hate the way that you yourself would run raids, but don't want to put in the time and effort to find groups suited to your needs. Sounds like a self-inflicted problem.
    A few groups with absurd requirements is representative of ALL Group Finder users.

However a few monkeys in LFR is not representative of the LFR's users.

Kind of goes back to the whole "#NotAllMuslims" thing. People follow their own logic when it fits their own narrative. Yet if by their own logic they should not arrive at their conclusion, they just write it off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Well, this escalated quickly. 44 pages of bashing LFR, I love you mmo-champion.

IMHO nothing should drop in lfr, and no quest should be done in there either. Also, normal shouldn't give any unique rewards, only hc and mythic.
    And also if you're no called fatisha you shoudn't even be able to play the game.

Because pugging normal is SO hard.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Yes. yes it is. Not for the actual radi part. That's easy. Getting into a group is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Yes. yes it is. Not for the actual radi part. That's easy. Getting into a group is hard.
    Make your own group. Plus taking time =/= hard. Loads of people will be pugging normal purely for these quests, so it's not like there will be a shortage.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    And also if you're no called fatisha you shoudn't even be able to play the game.
    I love your avatar .

the part of getting from Dalaran to actually being inside the full normal raid, one where everyone knows what they are doing and are competent, is pretty hard, yes

after that, the actual killing of normal bosses isnt too hard ... but even with that gathering 30 essences is long and tedious and requires redoing the first part listed above many weeks in a row, each time from scratch with random strangers

- - - Updated - - -

Make your own group.
    I will for a 5 man, I wont for a 10-30 man

Loads of people will be pugging normal purely for these quests, so it's not like there will be a shortage.
    which will mean there will be tons of groups that will wipe in Normal for hours on end

Quote Originally Posted by Slakkers View Post
    I PuG'ed heroic
    In WoD i pugged heroic Hellfire without problems, normal should really not be a problem, and no i was not a raider, i wasn't even guilded.
    Oh, guess there's no problem then. I mean, if you can do it everyone must be able to.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

7+ Year Old Account
    If you on a thursday night keep applying to 5 groups who are seeking a dps, then you should within 30 min get a group no matter what. Aslong as you have 835, then you are should easily get a spot as a dps within a group, if you just keep applying to different groups.

And if you are a healer or tank, then you are doing something very wrong if you can't find a EN normal group even with 830+ gear
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And the LFR bashers have came, that didn't take long.
    Raiders get a artifact appearance, Big whoop, Not a huge deal, You can complete it later on in the xpac if you so desire, if you really want it now, Join a guild and do Normal

Edit: LFR has tier sets back for Nighthold, be happy you get those as well.

Deleted
    Wait 6 months, overgear EN normal, make a trasmog run that will fill faster then a LFR queue wait time, clear it in 40 minute, grab your cosmetic.

P.S: coming from someone (casual) that have not cleared EN normal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

which will mean there will be tons of groups that will wipe in Normal for hours on end
    Well welcome to raiding! This is something which every raider has to deal with at some point. Would not make sense if none-raiders could just jump over this hurdle and ride on the wipes of other people. If you want the skin in the same speed as anybody else, then you will have to survive the long process of progression and learning of fights

I think it's fine that this skin is for normal+ raiders, just like there is a skin for pvpers, but they should have made that clear from the get go, so you don't waste time and resources on a questline you won't be able to finish. It should have been in the tooltip for the skin, that it can only be completed in normal+ (and then also in every quest associated with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    It's a skin, skins are supposed to have requirements. It's one thing to deny actual character progression from LFR, it's another to include cosmetic bonuses for those who do participate in the higher difficulties.
    The world boss skin is locked behind this one.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Wait 6 months, overgear EN normal, make a trasmog run that will fill faster then a LFR queue wait time, clear it in 40 minute, grab your cosmetic.
    you should check the essences drop rates (as well as reading the quest where it states that you need 30 of them) before posting nonsense like that

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    you should check the essences drop rates before posting nonsense like that
    I think he forgot to put the "repeat undtil cosmetic optainable". That still does not change anything.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have two feeling on this issue.

1: Artefacts were a major selling point of Legion and so locking out an important part of them from the majority of the player base is a dick move by Blizzard.

2: Having said that, there is a PVP skin so it makes sense there would be a PVE one, however (AFAIK) the PVP one doesn't require anything that isn't puggable (And IIRC can even be done via the PVP world quests, it would just take forever).