Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Five keys to open our way. Five torches light our path." and "The Lord of Ravens will turn the key."

Just a pure speculative thought but, what if the 5 torches are the heads of the zones we got them in...or rather the people that meet us in Dalaran to place the pillars on the shelf. So that's Tyrande, the highmountain cow, prince farondis? and ? (honestly don't really remember other than tyrande and highmountain; which sort of enforces the statement below.)

I guess it would depend on how irrelevant they want to make the rest of the continent (past expansions would tell us that they are indeed irrelevant).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    The Nightwell should be a wound in Azeroth, so an outlet for titan blood. That would mean that N'zoth is in Azeroth's blood, like Leukaemia.
    Where does the lore say that the Nightwell is a wound in Azeroth? Rather than just an artificial font of power?

It would be so cool in my opinion if N'Zoth did draw parallels with Leukaemia. Imagine it, if he has infested Azeroth more than any other Old God to the point he dwells in her blood, then could this not open up some massively interesting turn of events where the leylines themselves become corrupted, meaning N'Zoth has corrupted all accessible sources of Arcane magic on Azeroth, as well as essentially gaining omnipresence (limited to the planet of course).

7+ Year Old Account
    In addition, the cutscene in Val'sharah positively shows that Elune is simply the damn moon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUuy9SYrWJs
    No, that cutscene shows that this is how she shows herself to the night elves, which is not a secret. To sit there after all else that has been revealed since Chronicle and this expansion came out and then still insist that Elune is literally the moon is quite silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    So that's Tyrande, the highmountain cow, prince farondis? and ? (honestly don't really remember other than tyrande and highmountain; which sort of enforces the statement below.)
    Odyn speaks to you when you put the Stormheim pillar on display in Dalaran center

he doesnt appear in person obviously, but his floating head dialogue is given and 2 ravens circle above briefly ...

From the "Stained Pamphlet" of the legio pre-launch:
    THE END OF ALL THINGS

The crooked serpent with no eyes is watching from the endless sky.

Forked tongues flicker through the black pits in dead stars.

The veil between dream and dreamer slides away like skin from bone.

And even the darkness howls for the light it once despised.

<The rest of the note is illegible, covered in strange glyphs and scribbles.>

I can safely speculate that the reference to the veil between dream and dreamer is either talking about the emerald nightmare, of less likely, N'zoth "waking up" from his dreaming prison.

The darkness howling for the light it once despised is interesting as well. "Once despised" implies it no longer despises it. It could reference someone dark wishing for redemption/light, or something dark wishing to consume/corrupt the light.

I suspect it has to do with the Light's Heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    No, that cutscene shows that this is how she shows herself to the night elves, which is not a secret. To sit there after all else that has been revealed since Chronicle and this expansion came out and then still insist that Elune is literally the moon is quite silly.
    If Elune were Azeroth, or some part of Azeroth (i.e. a defence mechanism, a part of its consciousness), Azeroth would be de facto awake, as Elune communicates and acts, and has done so for millennia. There would be no need for the doubling and the mystery. Azeroth making itself dreamingly manifest via its moon does not seem eminently logical to me - it might be so, but I see no reason for it to be so. That said, the moon (i.e. the celestial body we see in game) may well be titanic and some sort of sentient entity, I said nothing to the contrary. My saying that Elune is the moon doesn't imply I think it's a rock. Elune's nature remains unclear and unconfirmed, the chronicle didn't change that afair.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Elune were Azeroth, or some part of Azeroth (i.e. a defence mechanism, a part of its consciousness), Azeroth would be de facto awake, as Elune communicates and acts, and has done so for millennia. There would be no need for the doubling and the mystery. Azeroth making itself dreamingly manifest via its moon does not seem eminently logical to me - it might be so, but I see no reason for it to be so. That said, the moon (i.e. the celestial body we see in game) may well be titanic and some sort of sentient entity, I said nothing to the contrary. My saying that Elune is the moon doesn't imply I think it's a rock. Elune's nature remains unclear and unconfirmed, the chronicle didn't change that afair.
    She's not Azeroth -- she is far, far greater than either Azeroth (or any titan), or the moon. I guess you haven't been playing the new expansion?

7+ Year Old Account
    She's not Azeroth -- she is far, far greater than either Azeroth (or any titan), or the moon. I guess you haven't been playing the new expansion?
    he didnt read the quest text.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    he didnt read the quest text.
    Apparently not, lol.

Deleted
    "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars."

Circle of Stars must be the Court of Stars. There might be hidden clues there. Maybe Ill'gynoth used to be a night elf before he became a tree.

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

Sylvanas. All she does is lie and she looks like a boy and acts like a teenage boy.

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

Definitely Yrel. She lost her homeland and people but we helped him. Maybe they corrupted Yrel and she will gather an army and travel to our Azeroth?

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

Has to be Khadgar since he can turn into a raven (but only because he has a piece of Yogg-Saron inside).

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

Maybe Mechazod? He wanted to end the curse of flesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunare View Post
    "To find him, drown yourself in the Circle of Stars." and "Its surface blazes light, masking shadow below." => Could be the Nighwell ? Surface blazes , liquid so you could drown, and if you go deep below , you could find "him" ( N zoth ? ) ..
    That whisper being about the Nightwell does make the most sense. Especially when you consider the fact that a boss in the Nighthold raid literally shows you an entire planet consumed by Old Gods and starts summoning faceless ones.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Deleted
    Guys few days ago i found this on wowwiki.wikia.com/n'zoth. Based on maps which depict Azeroth at various points throughout its history (both pre and post-sundering) contained in World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, it appears as though the location of N'Zoth's prison may be somewhere under the sea, south of Suramar City. What do u think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crashen View Post
    From the "Stained Pamphlet" of the legio pre-launch:
    THE END OF ALL THINGS

The crooked serpent with no eyes is watching from the endless sky.

Forked tongues flicker through the black pits in dead stars.

The veil between dream and dreamer slides away like skin from bone.

And even the darkness howls for the light it once despised.

<The rest of the note is illegible, covered in strange glyphs and scribbles.>

I can safely speculate that the reference to the veil between dream and dreamer is either talking about the emerald nightmare, of less likely, N'zoth "waking up" from his dreaming prison.

The darkness howling for the light it once despised is interesting as well. "Once despised" implies it no longer despises it. It could reference someone dark wishing for redemption/light, or something dark wishing to consume/corrupt the light.

I suspect it has to do with the Light's Heart.
    The way its written is very much the way the Old Gods-Texts are written. Considering the origin of the emerald nightmare this might as well be a reference to both, N'Zoth and the dream. It is a little wird that the "crooked serpent" is watching from an "endless sky" tho. Unlike the Lovecraftian deities, the old gods are entirely terrestrial, not from space. The description fits N'Zoth more than the other old gods since he is even more of a tentacle-monster than the others from what i can gather (more of a speculation based on End-Times tho) but this space-part makes it questionable. Ironically this description would fit if you spread it from the old gods to the void gods - the true form of the old gods in their plane of existance. Forked tongues flicker through the black pits in dead stars pretty much sounds lke a description for the void on worlds where the light already faded, keeping in mind that blizzard likes to depict shadow as flames...
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-09-29 at 08:40 AM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Yep Elune is lord of the universe who can destroy everyone with a sneeze and everyone else is just praying to false prophets.

It's like every night elf fanfic coming true.

Won't believe it until it's confirmed and not spoiled by fanon, ty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

Definitely Yrel. She lost her homeland and people but we helped him. Maybe they corrupted Yrel and she will gather an army and travel to our Azeroth?
    There is a stretch, and then there is this.

Deleted
    Somebody on reddit found Old God "ish" whispers in the Broken Shore ambience sounds.

They were backwards and had to be switched around to make them out.

There was "Death"

And "the Scepter" in there. Now.. "the Scepter" could be related to the Scepter of Sargeras, OR (and this is the important part) the Scepter of Azshara, which Resto Shamans get. The very same Scepter that Azshara used to try and save her loyal followers when the Well of Eternity went "fuck you guys" but couldn't save her, which in turn opened the way for N'zoth turning them into the Naga.

Also "The Lord of Ravens will turn the key" could be related to the Nighthold Raid, as somebody in the Hunt for Illidan Thread mentioned that on the PTR, you can check the Dungeon Journal for the Gul'dan fight and you'll see that Khadgar will attempt to syphon Illidan's Soul back into his body at 10% Boss HP, but something goes "horribly wrong" when he does so in the Mythic-only phase. How that might relate to the Old Gods and the Pillars? I don't know. But it's the closest thing that WILL most likely happen, which we can link to the "turning of a key"; Gul'dan might have siphoned Sargeras' Avatar into Illidan's body and Khadgar's dabbling finished the ritual. OR, he did fuck it up, effectively ending the major part of the demon threat and paving the way for us to use the Pillars on the Tomb, which - again - might actually make way for N'zoth.

Or on a different note: We still have that statement floating about that we'll "see the endboss of this expansion while leveling". If Khadgar's manages to get Illidan's Soul back into his body, but ultimately pushes the Avatar of Sargeras out of it in the process, opening himself up for corruption, we might actually see Khadgar end up as the ultimate boss of this expansion. Maybe with an Old God raid tier inbetween?
    Last edited by mmoc7fc23bbf2a; 2016-09-29 at 02:59 PM.

What if the crooked serpent with no eyes refers to illidan?since he is known as the betrayer, and betrayers are often times called snakes. The endless sky/stars could be the nether.

Not a very interesting interpretation though. Probably unlikely.

Deleted
    It's just so interesting that the same orc who was Gul'dans Disciple, starts the hunt for the Kosumoth Mount, allthewhile saying that the Legion (even with Gul'dan) isn't our biggest threat. I'm just naively sold on this now. There are so MANY Old God hints.

Found sparkly shit in a sumaritan ruin at the edge of the sea floor out inbetween Stormheim and Suramar. Think they might have literally put the hints out there? (Resize if possible/necessary!)

http://imgur.com/a/M0xsN
    http://imgur.com/a/5Zbm7

(While it looks like watery shit at first on the screen, it is a literal manifestation of sparkly star-stuff (I seriously don't know what to call it).
    Last edited by mmoc7fc23bbf2a; 2016-09-29 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    It's just so interesting that the same orc who was Gul'dans Disciple, starts the hunt for the Kosumoth Mount, allthewhile saying that the Legion (even with Gul'dan) isn't our biggest threat. I'm just naively sold on this now. There are so MANY Old God hints.
    If i had to take a guess, the weathered relic that starts off the Kosumoth thing is a remnant of the relic that Maiev destroyed and kept ressurecting Twilight's Hammer / Blackrock Ghosts / Skeletons, while obviously haunting Drak'thul.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-09-29 at 05:16 PM.

Could the boy-king be Khadgar, an artificially aged man, current ruler of Dalaran and him being the acting "but not really" guardian, be the playing at Medivh's (his master's) table?