Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Exclusivity by definition excludes people. You cannot argue argue that the reward is exclusive while simultaneously stating no one is excluded. This is the definition of double think.
    The rewards are exclusive in the sense that everyone has access to them but chooses not to do them for a multitude of reasons, whether this is based on skill, time, or any other number of alternatives. Mythic mounts are exclusive in the sense that, while everyone has access to do mythic raiding, only a handful (in relative terms) ever actually do it. Such as with the red qiraji mount being exclusive to Ahn, yet everyone can earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    More like "wahhh, why should they have what I have." Followed by them going into another thread and exclaiming "I only do it for the experience!" BS line...
    Sure.
    I feel like you're confusing your playerbases. Anyway, whatever yo.
    How much did you spend on your moose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The rewards are exclusive in the sense that everyone has access to them but chooses not to do them for a multitude of reasons, whether this is based on skill, time, or any other number of alternatives. Mythic mounts are exclusive in the sense that, while everyone has access to do mythic raiding, only a handful (in relative terms) ever actually do it. Such as with the red qiraji mount being exclusive to Ahn, yet everyone can earn it.
    Then they are no exclusive. Anyone can be a major league pitcher am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Because this is not a mount?
    It's purely cosmetic. It does even less than a mount. There is no problem at all.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    No actually it didnt. Raiding had a near virtual.monopoly on end game rewards and not only did it not serve to lure people into that content it wasnt even enough of a draw to get them to max level. Millions simple quit.
    Eh you're wrong. Millions started quitting when they hit max level. It was when they got to max game that they were like ew.. what is this nonsense. That would be the end of Wrath and early Cata.

It was when their characters stopped progressing that people lost interest. The removal of talent trees and the easy of leveling is what killed it for many people. Believe it or not people love doing world adventures with small group content. That is why Blizzard FINALLY came up with artifacts which in a way is a throwback to older times but is done at end game.

They catered a lot to the playerbase that made up the bulk of its players this expansion, that is why it is really odd that they have this LFR limitation.

Seeing as the most common argument here seems to be "ROFL git gud" I'm going to caveat this with I fully plan to simply pug this on normal when/if I get time to organize a group. BUT, the part so many people are skipping is that the quest didn't inform anyone there was a difficulty requirement. As a matter of fact, you even get the map markers in LFR that you're at the location you should be looting something for a quest. I stayed behind after we finished the run & went back to the boss room again just to double check to see if I missed something. It's incredibly misleading.

So it appears like a bugged quest unless you happened to see where Blizzard acknowledged the screw up. If this has been identified in the quest text ahead of time you wouldn't see nearly so many people annoyed about it. I personally ran lfr just to do this quest. So I was annoyed. Barring the slim to none chance of a titanforge or legendary there's absolutely no reason for me to run EN LFR. I get some of you are grinding your faces off for that gear but I'm perfectly content with mythic dungeons. I quit raiding because I don't have time for it. So if Blizzard wants to gate trivial crap behind raiding fine. But word the quest text appropriately so I don't waste my time doing something I otherwise wouldn't have been doing had I known it wasn't going to work.

Furthermore, stop comparing the moose to this. We all knew the moose was gated ahead of time just like the wolf was on Garrosh. No one knew this was gated until the day lfr released. So plain & simple this was poor form on Blizzard's part with not communicating the restrictions to players. That's all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrock08 View Post
    Optional Bosses in many many many rpgs are extremley tough, take time, skill, or outgearing/leveling in order to beat give very good bonus loot, achievments, or bonuses.

By the end of the expansion if you are not geared enough to go back through normal EN to complete the quests by rolling your face, there is something wrong with you.

Cars in racing games are often locked behind the highest level of racing against either players or bots.

Fighting games unlock skins and recolors and titles by completing insane challenges.

This argument is stupid, blizzard can offer whatever reward system they want, it is their game, and they believe that there should be some rewards based on completing a higher level of play, be that pvp or pve.

Does your job reward you with employee of the month for doing the minimum amount of work that you need to do?
    The trend is actually now the exact opposite.

In most driving and fighting games skins are bought with real live money and you can bypassbl anybother mechanism to unlock them. This goes for shooting games as well.

Most rpgs do not in fact offer you additionak rewards for taking it up a notch. Mass effect didnt. Dragon age didnt. Optionally bosses in say final fantasy games were by and large not challengingb and were outgeared relatively quickly withoitnhaving to wait for a patch.

Because a (relative) handful of people have ridiculous nostalgia filters on. I mean what about the folks who wrath was the best period?

- - - Updated - - -The idea then that you can and should offer incentives to people to.promote one form of content over another is abysmally poor. Should note that this is entirwly different than taking away rewards from content people already enjoy as that clealry leaves them with the impression of nothing to do.

You know, I don't see it as attempting to incenticize it so much. There's things I've wanted that I was unable to obtain, and that's okay. There's things I've worked to obtain and succeeded. Others that I've failed at. Others I'm not interested in. All in-game and out. Most of it is of no real concern. And everything in-game isn't of any real concern in the grand scheme of things. Just about everyone I know I met during the first two expansions. Since then, a couple here and there by being friendly and relatable in a PUG.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Eh you're wrong. Millions started quitting when they hit max level. It was when they got to max game that they were like ew.. what is this nonsense. That would be the end of Wrath and early Cata.

It was when their characters stopped progressing that people lost interest. The removal of talent trees and the easy of leveling is what killed it for many people. Believe it or not people love doing world adventures with small group content. That is why Blizzard FINALLY came up with artifacts which in a way is a throwback to older times but is done at end game.

They catered a lot to the playerbase that made up the bulk of its players this expansion, that is why it is really odd that they have this LFR limitation.
    This is pretty much true.

In most driving and fighting games skins are bought with real live money and you can bypassbl anybother mechanism to unlock them. This goes for shooting games as well.

Most rpgs do not in fact offer you additionak rewards for taking it up a notch. Mass effect didnt. Dragon age didnt. Optionally bosses in say final fantasy games were by and large not challengingb and were outgeared relatively quickly withoitnhaving to wait for a patch.
    Yes because they realize bads like yourself would rather fork over $30 and put no effort in to get some pixels

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Good, very good
    Agreed. Nothing like the whiners complaining that something might take a little effort to get. As far as I'm concerned, they should leave it as is. If you want that particular weapon appearance, time to break out of the little cocoon and do something that takes more than half a brain cell. A little exclusivity isn't going to hurt anyone.

That aside, Normal mode is pretty easy. We cleared it with a brand new formed guild, with 2 healers, 2 tanks, and 11 DPS. We one shot every boss up to the last two. Cenarius took us 8 tries, Xavius about 6. Again, that was with a group that's never played together before that day.

So yeah, tough it up and do normal mode or just accept that they gated some content behind content you don't intend to even try.

Looks like someone forgot to turn off the faucet of tears last night

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post

No lots of folks of did quite while lvlimg because lvlimg was an obnoxious process and the bait of raiding wasnt enough to keep them going. Now i agree people ran out of means to progress at end game starting in cata but thats based on a whole set of other painfuly stupid and regressive decisions on the part of developers.

Well then that shows me that you actually dont look into optional bosses in any of those games as well. Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and MAss Effect 3 offer many achievments for playing through on insanity mode with mass effect 1 transfering some extra playables to mass effect two for using a saved insanity mass effect 1 game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It's purely cosmetic. It does even less than a mount. There is no problem at all.
    Exactly. So why can't it be obtained in LFR after 10-15 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Agreed. Nothing like the whiners complaining that something might take a little effort to get. As far as I'm concerned, they should leave it as is. If you want that particular weapon appearance, time to break out of the little cocoon and do something that takes more than half a brain cell. A little exclusivity isn't going to hurt anyone.

That aside, Normal mode is pretty easy. We cleared it with a brand new formed guild, with 2 healers, 2 tanks, and 11 DPS. We one shot every boss up to the last two. Cenarius took us 8 tries, Xavius about 6. Again, that was with a group that's never played together before that day.

So yeah, tough it up and do normal mode or just accept that they gated some content behind content you don't intend to even try.
    bolded for emphasis

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Exactly. So why can't it be obtained in LFR after 10-15 weeks?
    Because no.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Seeing as the most common argument here seems to be "ROFL git gud" I'm going to caveat this with I fully plan to simply pug this on normal when/if I get time to organize a group. BUT, the part so many people are skipping is that the quest didn't inform anyone there was a difficulty requirement. As a matter of fact, you even get the map markers in LFR that you're at the location you should be looting something for a quest. I stayed behind after we finished the run & went back to the boss room again just to double check to see if I missed something. It's incredibly misleading.

So it appears like a bugged quest unless you happened to see where Blizzard acknowledged the screw up. If this has been identified in the quest text ahead of time you wouldn't see nearly so many people annoyed about it. I personally ran lfr just to do this quest. So I was annoyed. Barring the slim to none chance of a titanforge or legendary there's absolutely no reason for me to run EN LFR. I get some of you are grinding your faces off for that gear but I'm perfectly content with mythic dungeons. I quit raiding because I don't have time for it. So if Blizzard wants to gate trivial crap behind raiding fine. But word the quest text appropriately so I don't waste my time doing something I otherwise wouldn't have been doing had I known it wasn't going to work.

Furthermore, stop comparing the moose to this. We all knew the moose was gated ahead of time just like the wolf was on Garrosh. No one knew this was gated until the day lfr released. So plain & simple this was poor form on Blizzard's part with not communicating the restrictions to players. That's all there is to it.
    Totally on board. Notifications ahead of time are good things, instead of stumbling into them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrock08 View Post
    Well then that shows me that you actually dont look into optional bosses in any of those games as well. Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and MAss Effect 3 offer many achievments for playing through on insanity mode with mass effect 1 transfering some extra playables to mass effect two for using a saved insanity mass effect 1 game.
    Achievements are not what were talking about though. I mean you technically say theirs an inherent reward from beating harder content that is the achievement itself but its not thensame incentive as an actual reward. You dont ge a better weapon in mass effect at a higher difficulty.

The extra playables amount to the 15 seconds of extra bs at the end of legendary halo. Thats nice i can watch it on youtube.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Because no.
    Are you sure it's not "gitgud and pug it"?

No it's not,get the fuck over it. It's an APPEARANCE.