Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Then they are no exclusive. Anyone can be a major league pitcher am i right?
    Technically, yes, anyone can be as it takes skill, time, and effort. The fact that the majority of people in this world decide not to do that because it doesn't interest them, don't want to put forth the effort, etc. doesn't change that almost everyone has the ability to do such things (within reason of course, as people with disabilities and natural handicaps due to health issues would not be able to participate). Now, if you want to talk other analogies, we could also point out that McD's cheeseburgers are exclusive to anyone without health issues, or how chocolate cake is exclusive to people without diabetes, if you really want to talk about extremes. The fact still remains that anyone's with the ability to actually play the game has the same opportunity and non-exclusive rights to step foot into a raid and get the stuff done. These items are exclusive to the people who do put in the effort.
    You aren't arguing for the same opportunity for items though, you are arguing for the same items and rewards from other areas of the game, like wanting a mythic raid mount to drop from a WQ, and take everything away from people who do decide to put forth the time and effort to earn these things.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-09-28 at 11:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like you ruin this game, get off your lazy ass and do some work, normal is faceroll and was cleared by almost every guild on the first day anyway.

in general artifacts are bullshit. it took away all the thrill of running raids to get new weapons and the system is lacking in information and flexibility you get punished for playing a spec you enjoy and instead are forced into one that you might hate. while some will say this is how wow has always been, well until artifacts it didn't matter to your invested time as a staff is a staff is a staff is a staff, now someone weapons are magically buggered to be only one spec
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    in general artifacts are bullshit. it took away all the thrill of running raids to get new weapons
    I'm far more thrilled when I get a new relic than I ever was for a weapon barring the Doomhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I've done normal, I've seen 4 raids fail at normal so far. There are so many raid groups looking for people that are stuck on Evil Tree and/or Renferal. My first raid group last week after spending a good 1 and half hours looking, wiped 4 times on Nythendra.
    Because people never wipe on LFR right?

Oh wait, determination became a thing for a reason.

There is literally triple the amount of people that downed Xavius on normal week 1 vs those that full cleared Highmaul week 1 on normal. Those numbers alone tell the story on how trivial normal has become.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-09-28 at 10:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

There is literally triple the amount of people that downed Xavius on normal week 1 vs those that full cleared Highmaul week 1 on normal. Those numbers alone tell the story on how trivial normal has become.
    Hell, Determination became a thing because LFR wiping was so unbelievably common. It wasn't even some random idea, it was literally people crying because idiots ignoring mechanics wiped them then the good people got frustrated and left to be filled with more idiots.

I'd be more sympathetic if the LFR wasn't literally a joke and you actually have to intentionally die or be so unbelievably terrible that you somehow pull it off.

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/385 I feel this is relevant.
    Last edited by VinylScratch; 2016-09-28 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    To all you people going "it's only a cosmetic", what you fail to realize is that for a lot of people appearance is the most important part of getting a new item.
    Not important enough to actually raid tho
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Pugging mythics and pugging normal Emerald Nightmare is process-wise pretty similar, yet nobody complained that the artifact quest required you to do mythic dungeons.

The quest line also only gives you one possible variation of the model as far as I can tell, if you kill the weekly world boss 8 weeks in a row you will have the same model with a different color.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2016-09-28 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This blew up way out of proportion. And do you not remember WoD, when you couldn't even get a recolor of the awesome raid weapon models from LFR? Were stuck with this stupid piece of shit looking blue ilvl and color swap? It's a representation of someone's accomplishments in a visual way that will likely never be obtainable again after Legion. PVP logic brought to PVE appearances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Determination and the gutting of mechanics exists because Blizzard acknowledges that a significant number of LFR players are just terrible at the game. Further proof is in the exclusive bribe-- ah... rewards they give out for going in as a proper raider and carrying their sorry asses.

There is literally no reason to make runes exclusive to LFR and satchels except to bolster participation in certain roles (which I understand) and get people in to carry (because enough people in the group are so shit that they need to be carried through LFR). I'd wager that if no raider went into LFR Archimonde and it was left to the LFR Heroes, he would still be unkilled.

Hell, I'll probably do it just for the skin recolors. It's why I started PVPing again, but at least arenas don't give me AIDS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Like I said before, wipes happen pretty regularly in LFR, and not due to enrage timers (if they even exist in that mode). If what folks like yourself claim was objectively correct, wipes wouldn't happen ever, the repeat attempt buff wouldn't be in place, etc.

Additionally, 150k dps is probably about right for an average player who just meets the LFR gear requirements.
    Previous LFR tiers =/= Legion LFR.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    because normal takes real cooperation and gameplay. LFR is built around 10 people actually contributing while the rest auto attack and make go sandwiches in the kitchen. LFR is there to see lore and story stuff (supposedly) but because the difficulty is so low, you'd practically be giving rewards for people watching Netflix.
    Pretty much this.

Normal is easy as shit. We 1 shotted every boss except for spider on first day it came out. It's balanced around players having ilvl820 gear which you can get by doing WQs and heroic dungeons.

If you can't pug normal EN, then you should just quit the game and move on to checkers.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

there are all kinds of transmog options locked behind all kinds of content, so why are people upset at only the artifact transmog options that are locked behind normal+ raid content?

I mean, kinda hard to be sympathetic to the argument when it only applies to some of the transmogs and not all of them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    This blew up way out of proportion. And do you not remember WoD, when you couldn't even get a recolor of the awesome raid weapon models from LFR? Were stuck with this stupid piece of shit looking blue ilvl and color swap? It's a representation of someone's accomplishments in a visual way that will likely never be obtainable again after Legion. PVP logic brought to PVE appearances.
    Many Multitudes = redundant.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    there are all kinds of transmog options locked behind all kinds of content, so why are people upset at only the artifact transmog options that are locked behind normal+ raid content?

I mean, kinda hard to be sympathetic to the argument when it only applies to some of the transmogs and not all of them...
    Because it triggers the carebear brigade when they can't have the same things as raiders.

Apparently, exclusive PVP titles and mounts aren't an issue, just raiders.

If I were to hypothesize, I'd say that they feel bad about a computer wrecking their shit, whereas PVP has the human factor.

Deleted
    I can't do anything outside LFG or LFR (lack of scheduled time) and I'm completely fine with it. It's a reward skin for organized content, nothing really new in WoW.

The same way I'm fine that I can't get PvP cosmetic reward (don't see the same level of complaints about those).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    People like you ruin this game, get off your lazy ass and do some work, normal is faceroll and was cleared by almost every guild on the first day anyway.
    We didn't clear until Saturday

I mean, our raid nights are Saturday and Sunday, but still.

The horror of having to do something that requires more effort than clicking queue to get a reward. How did you even manage to complete the mythic 5 mans?

Maybe blizzard should just mail you everything obtainable in the expansion upon purchasing it. That way you entitled crybabies wont feel excluded from obtaining something.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Because it triggers the carebear brigade when they can't have the same things as raiders.
    Serious question.

Do you realize the amount of raiders above LFR are a minority?

If every single player that didn't raid above LFR left you would at best have 200k players in WoW. This group of people you shit on pay for the content you get to enjoy. Once again LFR is there to justfiy the budget for raiding because the raiding community above LFR is fucken small.

Just wondering if you realize this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post

Apparently, exclusive PVP titles and mounts aren't an issue, just raiders.

If I were to hypothesize, I'd say that they feel bad about a computer wrecking their shit, whereas PVP has the human factor.
    I get a similar impression. Not sure why raiding is so important for them to shit on when organized PVP is more exclusive and gives almost as many if not equal rewards. Most of which also become unobtainable once the season passes.

Man people will always find something to hate over. Usually it's against people having a good time sadly. Jealousy and envy run rampant in this world. But even more so on this Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Not only is this an incorrect statement, it's just making you look like an ass. Why are you trying to look like an ass?
    I strongly believe that LFR is not actually raiding. Like 100%. I think that the legendary items should have never been obtainable via LFR. Ever. Just like they weren't in Cata. Horrible change and I'm glad they're giving some more exclusive rewards to those people who choose to grind out real raiding.