Page 92 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    This is really interesting, a lot of people here are bitching about how social aspect of the game is gone but when something requires you to be social you complain about it for XY reasons. I'm with Blizzard on this one, not everything should be available to everyone especially cosmetic parts. You want it, go work for it, if not look at the others that did it and be envious.
    Almost as if those where different groups of players with the majority of players these days in this game specifically being socially awkward as fuck, absurdly lazy and would rather roll some dice than push a button.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    not restricted to a small amount of the player base..
    Holy crap restricted and small amount it's NORMAL mode. The next step really is declaring lfr not fit for casuals straight followed by facebook games being too hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    To hear most people tell it though, Normal doesn't require a huge amount of time and effort anyway, so why the artificial barrier?
    By that logic LFR should award the different color variations from normal, heroic and mythic aswell.
    The only difference is that to get the artifact skin from the Balance of Power quest chain, you need to do atleast normal EN.

Blizzard wants to give raiders something special, people cry that they cant do it through LFR. Blizzard states why they chose to go with this route.
    I dont remember there being threads like these when Blizzard adde special mounts for killing Blackhand or Archimonde on mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by oxyzz View Post
    And in what kind of way am I a douchebag?

This is how life works and the same philosophy is applied in this scenario. If normals is scary or you feel it is hard, well then it is time for our wonderful friend "dedication" to kick in and eventually all the adventurers of Azeroth will obtain this skin. Some in a faster pace then others..
    you call people asperger mafia and wonder why someone would consider you a douche?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Holy crap restricted and small amount it's NORMAL mode.
    Less than 20% of players usually clear normal mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Blizzard wants to give raiders something special, people cry that they cant do it through LFR.
    It's more complaints that they removed it from LFR, and didn't swap it's position with the dungeon or world boss one so you still have to do it to unlock those.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more complaints that they removed it from LFR, and didn't swap it's position with the dungeon or world boss one so you still have to do it to unlock those.
    And blizzard are certainly not in the wrong for doing that.
    You dont need the skin to be able to progress, if you did then I'd understand people being upset.

And blizzard are certainly not in the wrong for doing that.
    You dont need the skin to be able to progress, if you did then I'd understand people being upset.
    But you do need the skin if you wish to get the Mythic+ skin. There is people who give no fucks about raiding and just wanted to do the 5man content. They are now forced to do NM+ raiding to get a skin so they can unlock another skin in the progression mode of there choice.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But you do need the skin if you wish to get the Mythic+ skin. There is people who give no fucks about raiding and just wanted to do the 5man content. They are now forced to do NM+ raiding to get a skin so they can unlock another skin in the progression mode of there choice.
    Bingo, also goes for the world boss skin.

Nobody is forced to do anything.

If for whatever reason you're incapable of clearing Normal Emerald Nightmare (seriously, MoP LFR was harder)- you can just wait until gear completely trivializes the content and go back and do it then. Chances are if you're pushing/clearing Mythic+ dungeons you have what it takes to do a normal raid.

You don't need the base skin to get the other skins. Clearing a Mythic +15 (lol you're complaining about a normal raid) will give you the skin regardless of your progression into Balance of Valor, same with the Glory achieve, same with the world boss achieve.

Yep.

The fact the skin (like I said didn't know about it until this thread) is locked behind a NM+ gate isn't the issue. Its how they handled it and how they handled the other skins with it.

The quest chain never stated you need NM+ raiding to finish and still doesn't. This won't be fixed until 7.1 but by then many people would have done wasted bloods and time on the chain.

It also locks many other skins behind its wall. You shouldn't need this skin to get the World Boss or Mythic+ skins. This is another halfassed attempt to get people into NM+ raiding.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This is very interesting. You feel left out, incomplete and now you're being bullied by the "real players" The macho men of gaming, the real deal.

Is this what this game as become? I remember the days when casuals didn't feel entitled to everything just because they didn't have as much time to play.. There was an understanding inside the reverse pyramid where those that played more were rewarded with more.

Perhaps WoW became a communist utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    This is very interesting. You feel left out, incomplete and now you're being bullied by the "real players" The macho men of gaming, the real deal.

Is this what this game as become? I remember the days when casuals didn't feel entitled to everything just because they didn't have as much time to play.. There was an understanding inside the reverse pyramid where those that played more were rewarded with more.

Perhaps WoW became a communist utopia.
    or we are moving away from the lords vs plebs gaming era.

anyway the problem for blizzard and the many hater here isn't the difficulties of lfr (and lfg) but the automated queued.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Good, heaven forbid you're required to do something which requires interaction and effort to achieve a cosmetic appearance..

Remember the old days when you'd walk around Orgrimmar and could actually tell which players had achieved something? You know, when you had to raid to get raid gear, or commit before being handed a legendary?

Everyone with any objectivity at all can see the casual entitlement oozing from those who are complaining about this. Sorry, no sympathy for you here.

You really think that's for some sort of restriction imposed aside from actually having to login more than once and pushing a button ?
    Again next up - facebook games too hardcore and require too much skill plz fix.
    I actually agree that it's silly of all things to restrict that stupid questline but proclaiming here normal is some sort of incredible hurdle or not casual enough is just retarded.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-30 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    I disagree, they're just cosmetics so there's no reason for it be doable in lfr.

The skin is still optional and not needed to be able to progress through the game.

If you want the skin, then do the work to get it.
    The first apperance you get from The Balance of Power chain, do it if you want that apperance, or dont. Its up to you. In no way are you entitled to get it and its in no way mandatory to have it.

7+ Year Old Account
    People aren't asking to have anything opened up, they just want either the nerf undone so it can be acquired from LFR again, or for it's position to be swapped with the world boss or dungeon one (which are locked until it's done).
    The weird thing is, that people don't seem to want the skin, because it is that much better then the other skins. It is all about the thought of 1 skin, which might be shit, being gained through raiding. So it must be because people want more skins instead of the specific skin itself So instead of lowering some to LFR, therefore lowering its value, they should maybe just make more skins, which are gained through solo content
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    or we are moving away from the lords vs plebs gaming era.

anyway the problem for blizzard and the many hater here isn't the difficulties of lfr (and lfg) but the automated queued.
    There was never such a thing, people either play more or play less, they are rewarded accordingly

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    casual entitlement
    cool buzzwords.
    You still see those people in their mythic armor skins, because they need to stand out like the snowflakes they are.
    People aren't just getting gear in the mail while they sit afk, they actually have to go out and do something. If it doesn't fit in your warped mindset of video games being serious business that's just unfortunate and I wish you luck on your autism.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    There was never such a thing, people either play more or play less, they are rewarded accordingly
    it has always be that way this is another reason peoples are butthurt about lfr
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

...I dont remember there being threads like these when Blizzard adde special mounts for killing Blackhand or Archimonde on mythic.
    That's true. I think the real (and more valid) argument is not so much that one has to raid to acquire the skins as it is that it came as a surprise part of the chain.

If anything, that's my one beef with Legion -- the lack of notifications like such-and-such chain will lead to this and poorly defined world pvp areas on the map.