Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Does the US cops get pep talk from Batman before going on asignments?

"If there's even a 1% Chance that he is our enemy, We have to take it as an absolute certainty"

Feels like that atleast, So many times i've heard about cops getting called to help yet, somehow they end up shooting the guy they were sent to help.

Edit: I'm talking about unarmed people here ofc, those who are lying on the ground or otherwise in no way to be in a situation where deadly force would be needed
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2016-09-30 at 02:13 PM.

It all comes down to cops being afraid to die.

Say you're a cop and you get a call that a man armed with a gun is causing a disturbance at an apartment complex. If you're afraid to die this is going to make you very nervous.

If you are a very brave cop, you might talk to the armed man without pulling your gun, ask him what his problem is, ask him to put his gun down. But in doing this you are risking your life, you might never see your wife and kids again.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

If you don't want to get killed, obey the police.

Sorry but this is the reality of police. If you don't give them completely control of the situation, they will make you give them complete control of the situation.

What I find interesting is that police are more willing to use deadly force when they're equipped with bodycams because they know they can justify their actions.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Batman and copperboy!

Last edited by mmoce9a47a3159; 2016-09-30 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It all comes down to cops being afraid to die.

Say you're a cop and you get a call that a man armed with a gun is causing a disturbance at an apartment complex. If you're afraid to die this is going to make you very nervous.

If you are a very brave cop, you might talk to the armed man without pulling your gun, ask him what his problem is, ask him to put his gun down. But in doing this you are risking your life, you might never see your wife and kids again.
    Well, I'm refering to the sister who called the cops to help her mentally ill brother or the guy that was lying on the ground with his hands up. Both were unarmed.

Not talking about situations where they were called to hostile scenes, Just stuff when people call to help with something yet they or someone else gets shot out of nowhere
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2016-09-30 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    "If there's even a 1% Chance that he is our enemy, We have to take it as an absolute certainty"

Feels like that atleast, So many times i've heard about cops getting called to help yet, somehow they end up shooting the guy they were sent to help.
    No they get it from Superman.....

"The Criminals are dead, Bury Them"

I kid

But really this is a stupid thread, you always hear the bad shit over the good because the good doesn't give good ratings.

This just In...Shit happens.

Find out if water is still wet tonight at 11 bob.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well, I'm refering to the sister who called the cops to help her mentally ill brother or the guy that was lying on the ground with his hands up. Both were unarmed.
    Your making a few rare instances out of the hundreds of thousand on interactions weekly sound like it happens much more often. It doesn't
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Your making a few rare instances out of the hundreds of thousand on interactions weekly sound like it happens much more often. It doesn't
    I don't live in the US, But i follow news channels and it feels like there are new police shootings all the time.

I don't live in the US, But i follow news channels and it feels like there are new police shootings all the time.
    Yep because news channels want to make you feel that way, once again it gets them ratings.

There is 350 million+ people in the US. Now compare the people shot by police over the course of a year to that number and see how small a % it is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep because news channels want to make you feel that way, once again it gets them ratings.

There is 350 million+ people in the US. Now compare the people shot by police over the course of a year to that number and see how small a % it is.
    You almost make it sound as if the majority of people in this country are constantly being indoctrinated by propaganda from the corporate media.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I don't live in the ME but every time i turn on the news it makes it sound like a muslim is being a terrorist....see how that works?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    @TheBatman

Do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman is the worst example to use here. Batman is totally against killing people even the worst criminals. If anything he'd get the cops' act together and root out all the idiot ones.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Edit: I'm talking about unarmed people here ofc, those who are lying on the ground or otherwise in no way to be in a situation where deadly force would be needed
    I think you need to take a look at actual statistics before you go with the liberal mantra you see on the DNC controlled networks. You'd be surprised how rare it is ocmpared to how many cases/calls officers respond too in a country of 320 million people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    You'd be surprised how rare it is ocmpared to how many cases/calls officers respond too in a country of 320 million people.
    Rare compared to what? Nations that are in a civil war?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

How many cops are there in the us, one million something? nuff said it's the media brainwashing people into thinking all cops are bad.

I thought people knew better then to trust the media.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you started a thread about a topic that already has a thread just to bash US cops?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Batman
    Ahem. "Fatman"

When you grow up, hopefully you'll be able to put yourself in the cops shoes and become more sympathetic to their situation.

I wonder if you would also bash a firefighter for being afraid of getting burned alive every once in a while?

You would be too afraid to get out of the car, let alone walk up and try to diffuse a chaotic situation on the street involving potentially dangerous strangers.

Yawn

Does the US cops get pep talk from Batman before going on asignments?

Batman travels the country visiting the police at least once a year.

Happens one time... SO MANY TIMES!

What about the other 99.999999% of the time when cops do their job right? Why does nobody take note of that?