Deleted
    Dirty 30 - 6/10
    Ghostbusters - 4.5/10
    Independence Day Resurgence - 6.5/10
    League of Gods - 7/10
    Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates - 6.8/10
    Ratchet and Clank - 6.8/10
    Alice Through the Looking Glass - 6/10

Seen a lot of movies...didn't like any of them League of Gods was the best one of the bunch.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-09-29 at 02:21 AM.

Deleted
    Star Trek : Beyond. 8/10
    Finally, A Trek movie that actually felt like a trek movie should. Not a rehash of another in the franchise, or one that completely wrecks 60 years of cannon, but a completely original story, Sort of. I say sort of due to the final twist in the movie being the revaltion that Krall is actual an old Star Trek Captain that was presumed dead, much like the reveal about Khan in I.T.D and that the was just too much action in it. From the initial scenes where Kirk is attacked on a diplomatic mission, to the final sequences there was just very little time to develop the characters. Little to no explanation of the break up between Spock and Uhura, No background at all on the character that guides them around the planet other than "I escaped from them once before" and no explanation on how in such a short period of time, they manage to build a huge space station the size of several cities in size on the very edge of explored space.

Now with that being said, there was some nice character moments, when Spock finds out about ambassador Spocks death in real life (althought the stardates are WAY off, making spock only 13 days old! and the interaction between bones and Spock, But these are few and far between, and generally lost in all the "pew pew lazor fights"
    My final negative thing to say about this film is "Beastie Boys" You will know what I mean when you watch the film.

On the whole though, it is MUCH MUCH better than any of the other new Treks and finally heading the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    After so mnay bad movies over the summer I finally saw some good ones.

Kubo and the Two Strings 9/10

Best animated movie this year hands down. Loved it so much, great stylistic animation that blew me away, simplistic story that wasnt too much to fall away from. Some very touching moments here and there too. It's a shame the animations company that made this, Coraline, and ParaNorman get not much recognition when compared with the giants like Disney and Pixar. I hope Laika Entertainment just make enough money on this movie because I enjoyed myself so much watching this. So beautiful in many ways and would gladly see it again.

Captain Fantastic 8/10

Is anyone talking about this movie? I was actually late seeing this movie because I forgot it was even released. But it was one of my surprises this year, in a year with so many unoriginal sequels, remakes, reboots I was happy to finally sit down to something that felt a break from the norm. A weird movie although I had been fond of watching Viggo Mortensen's acting since I saw The Road a few years ago, man is a surprisingly good actor.

Hopefully the rest of the winter this years brings in more good movies. Summer was a huge letdown in terms of movies in my opinion
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naamari View Post
    Inception
    10/10

One of the best movies I have ever seen and it was from my favorite director and contained some of my favorite actors, so what else to say.
    I agree with ...

Miss Peregrine's School for Mutants Home for Peculiar Children 7.5/10
    This movie could have been more than entertaining to me. Tim Burton usually hits all the right notes for weird dark atmosphere. But for some reason he seemed restrained here despite what I saw as a movie that was too macabre for children. When the movie first opened up, I felt "Nightbreed" here at first. (Re: Clive Barker). Then somehow...that went away. And I wish it hadn't. (This movie is a bit on the scary side...a good pre-Halloween movie)
    There were moments of brilliance that I can't seem to define. And one particular moment that should been milked for "awesome" but tilted more along the lines as "pretty cool."
    When they raised that ship...that should have been a more grand moment than it was. I think I understand why it wasn't..it would have demonstrated that some of the children outclassed those "Hallows," humans that turned into monsters that were hunting them
    The big negative here is that the script makes the supporting cast far more interesting than our hero, played by Asa Butterfield. We get little enough of that cast however. (Especially Miss Peregrine herself..I would have liked to have known her history.)

This movie may have missed some of the marks somehow. But it hits enough for me that I was entertained.

But damn! I think it could have been far better.

Deleted
    Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - 6.8 / 10

What a huge disappointment.
    Are we sure this was directed by Tim Burton? Very lackluster and boring to watch.
    The characters were not developed enough for me to care about any of the children.
    The monsters were scary visually but were huge clowns in actual fighting.
    The main bad guy was clumsy and not bad at all. More like a comedy actor trying to be the villain. So many chances he had to kill people and he simply walked away.
    It seemed like a movie for kids. The "fight" scene against the bad guys was ridiculously childish.

A huge "meh". Was expecting more from Tim Burton

Sneakerheadz 6/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3240784/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Interesting documentary all about sneakers (Nikes). I put it on as back ground noise but ended up watching it. If you are semi-interested in sneakers give it a watch.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

The Birth of a Nation 6/10

Decent story and directed competently. The thing is the film kinda goes over a lot of things we already know or have seen elsewhere. It's kinda cliched to be honest and there isn't enough artistic daring or merit to really make up for it all. The religious garbage goes nowhere; with little commentary on this aspect of Nat Turner other than the lead the audience to believe he was poorly educated, superstitious and cowardly. There isn't a lot of depth to Nat Turner on display and every other character in the film even less so.

It was like a far less effective, shocking and grand version of Braveheart. The latter being a far better film with an absolute sense of purpose artistically.

Meh.

The Girl on the Train 3/10

Super formulaic. Not clever in the least. The "mystery", if you can call it that, is laughable and easily deduced. Characters are thin, meaningless and cliched. The acting is bad too. It's kinda insulting too; the men are useless, vapid props and the women (all of them) are ridiculous, emotional baby/domestic life-obsessed crackpots. No reason for people to act this way at all.

Trashy and stupid.

Grizzly man (2005)
    9/10. Pretty good documentary. Respectful of him, but also denounces Timothy Treadwell for his foolishness.

Deepwater Horizon 5/10

Entertaining disaster flick. Acting is at best average, direction is solid. Effects and stunts are fun enough.

Phantasm (4k version) 9/10

A nicely restored version of a straight horror film classic. Gory, kooky and full of awesome scenes of death and mutilation! Would watch again!!
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-10-09 at 04:19 AM.

Finally saw suicide squad and star trek beyond, no way I was paying for those bad boys.

Suicide Squad - 5/10

Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. You can tell clear as day it had been hacked up in the editing room by suits or an amateur director. Also the sound track was really uninspired and felt forced. Other than that I thought the actors did a pretty good job even Will Smith. Amanda Waller character wasn't very well done though. And they flat out butcher her character in the end.

Star Trek Beyond - 7/10

I love these films, they just are well done action block busters. Humor aspect could be improved but the casts chemistry gives it charm and its always a fun 2hours to switch the brain off.

Deleted
    Suicide Squad - 5/10

Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. You can tell clear as day it had been hacked up in the editing room by suits or an amateur director. Also the sound track was really uninspired and felt forced. Other than that I thought the actors did a pretty good job even Will Smith. Amanda Waller character wasn't very well done though. And they flat out butcher her character in the end.
    Well there is a Directors Cut coming out so.. Not that it can ever make the absolute shit any better but ... more Joker scenes so perhaps it makes a bit more sense having him in the film, and perhaps it makes Leto's version a bit more interesting.

Apart from that, everything was pure shit that can't be fixed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Suicide Squad - 5/10

Just watched this two nights ago. Your comment pretty much sums it up for me as well. Although I thought Leto's joker was complete and utter shit as well.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Just watched this two nights ago. Your comment pretty much sums it up for me as well. Although I thought Leto's joker was complete and utter shit as well.
    Yeah I wasn't feeling the gangster type joker but he's hardly in the film and props to them for trying something different. They had to distance themselves from heath ledgers unbeatable portrayal

Ghostbusters - 0/10

I wanted to be suprised. I was hoping all the drama and negative comments were unwarranted... but I couldn't even get through the first half. Unfunny, terrible acting, terrible writing. It's not a movie, it's a shitty sketch show. It honestly felt insulting, that I as a viewer was expected to be entertained by it.

300: Rise of an Empire - 4/10

Failed to capture any of the essence of the first film. Terrible CGI blood everywhere, uninspiring characters. The whole thing just felt pointless. Its only saving grace was the female villian and the actress who portrayed her.

Independence Day: Resurgence - 6/10

Cheesy (not necessarily in a bad way), predictable, didn't make alot of sense, but it was entertaining.

CIA 6/10. As long as I kept my brain turned off, s'alright. The Rock played against type pretty damn well, imo, and Kevin Hart did well with the role.

Star Trek Beyond 7/10. Pacing seemed a bit off to me, personally, and the villain didn't seem all that fleshed out but, s'alright.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation / Ghost Protocol: I'll give them both a 6.5 / 10. Big, dumb action flicks, entertaining as long as you don't have high expectations going in.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Mission Impossible Rogue Nation / Ghost Protocol: I'll give them both a 6.5 / 10. Big, dumb action flicks, entertaining as long as you don't have high expectations going in.
    I don't find these movies particularly dumb. I know a lot of people have that perspective going in though, because they still think "Tom Cruise + action + big budget = dumb".

Sully - 7/10

A very interesting movie on that entire scenario. Worth a watch to see how it went down but well worth the watch just to see how they wanted to put the blame on the pilots and make them responsible for not doing better but it not sticking in the end.

Deleted
    Lucy - 6/10
    Pretty good turn your brain off film, and one with Morgan Freeman where he does not steal the lime light.

Suicide Squad 8/10
    Better than I expected, not as good as it could have been. Definite missing scenes and back story. Way too much focus on Deadshot storyline, but then Will Smith was being Will "greedy fucker $20m for the film" Smith, so I guess the studio had no other option but to focus on his story line to warrent his pay check.
    will watch again though.