Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I guess you'll have noticed it by now but "All dungeon and raid hotfixes will take effect with realm restarts in each region.".
    Yep, I swear it wasn't there initially when I posted though, might have missed it or might have been updated shortly after to clarify :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishei View Post
    I managed to misread and do math wrong and though it was 20 bloods. In my head that made a lot of sense considering the horror makes 20 (or 24 in the second phase). 21 seems really stupid, and I'm really hoping the hotfix wording is just wrong and means 20% less bloods to destroy the eye.
    Yea I thought it'd be 20 initially as well (so same timing as heroic - push big add big enough, and you can skip the spawning tentacles), but it does read as 20% more dmg = 4.8% per.

As for blood DK, we don't have any Huntorz - I'm sure 1x will be more than fine, but having the grip reduced from 25 to 15 sec is a fairly big deal :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Yep, I swear it wasn't there initially when I posted though, might have missed it or might have been updated shortly after to clarify :/.
    Yeah I don't think it was there originally.

On a positive note, il'gynoth was cancer af if you didn't have a good class comp for bursting the heart. Annoying in the short term, better overall.

Yea I thought it'd be 20 initially as well (so same timing as heroic - push big add big enough, and you can skip the spawning tentacles), but it does read as 20% more dmg = 4.8% per.

As for blood DK, we don't have any Huntorz - I'm sure 1x will be more than fine, but having the grip reduced from 25 to 15 sec is a fairly big deal :P.
    The eye takes 20% more damage from a blood death. So if it took 20 bloods before (normal/heroic number, not sure if mythic too), each blood did 5%. Now each blood does 6%, so it will take 17 (16.667 rounded up) to open the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendin View Post
    The eye takes 20% more damage from a blood death. So if it took 20 bloods before (normal/heroic number, not sure if mythic too), each blood did 5%. Now each blood does 6%, so it will take 17 (16.667 rounded up) to open the eye.
    Mythic, sadly does not have the same number as heroic. On mythic difficulty, each blood does 4%, so buffing it by 20% more damage means 4.8% per, or 21 bloods (20.833 rounded up).

Deleted
    Nerf Shadow Priests being able to StM twice on Xavius.

Watch Exorsus kill video, they completely tore him up in the last phase(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    this wouldn't work at all. not testing is how you get fights like mythic xavius with nothing really new and wildly undertuned for its position in the instance. christ, even bosses that get tested make it live with bugs and insane health values (BRF Kormrok- when BL got there the boss had, what, 40% more HP? and the LOS rocks just didn't work sometimes. fuck, the second one probably still happens).
    Who cares they can hotfix bosses later on. They always do internal testing. You think that naxx40 was a race that didnt have bugs??? How many times nihilum and dnt wiped until they hotfixed kel thuzad. Prince malchezar was unkillable also.

People need to understand this is an mmo based on fantasy. This is not a moba or countrrstrike. You cant turn raiding into an esport it will never work. Just dont show fights and take away from the fantasy just to test envounters.

Elerethe's winds are negated by a tank paladin through class utility. Not really an exploit, and only doable with a prot paladin in the raid AFAIK (they are the only ones to get access to spellwarding). Mechanics aren't removed, they're dealt with by using immunities (a strategy that goes back decades - prot pally solo soaking Fandral's scythes with AD, anyone?).
    You're talking about the Gathering Clouds winds?

I zerged him on normal only, thought it was impossible to do so in mythic
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You're talking about the Gathering Clouds winds?
    No, Violent winds. The frontal attack that you usually have the raid soak (or lather tank cds on your tank for).

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Who cares they can hotfix bosses later on. They always do internal testing. You think that naxx40 was a race that didnt have bugs??? How many times nihilum and dnt wiped until they hotfixed kel thuzad. Prince malchezar was unkillable also.

People need to understand this is an mmo based on fantasy. This is not a moba or countrrstrike. You cant turn raiding into an esport it will never work. Just dont show fights and take away from the fantasy just to test envounters.
    i dont really care what they did 12 years ago. the internal testing is poor for whatever reason (overworked, friends & family, whatever) and not testing will make for poor gameplay. it's not the esport aspect, it's being able to go into a raid and do a boss and have fun because it works and is reasonably challenging.

what a brilliant idea to buff a boss when a bunch of guilds have already killed it:/

isnt this what testing is for prior to release? >_>

I honestly don't give a crap about them fixing it post-kills. There's an extremely small percentage of guilds who were able to attain this accomplishment. The vast majority of guilds could not kill it on mythic pre or post hotfix as it is now anyway. If they let the encounter remain as it was, you create a raid environment that creates an explicit raid comp that will inherently favor single target burst oriented classes over others by a huge margin. Which is obviously not Blizzard's intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    2. Il'gynoth math is wrong. His health was increased by 200%, not 100%. So it's a 3x multiplier. Meaning total health is 1338m. Then subtracting 66% off that, the total dmg you need spread over 2 1 minute burst phases is roughly 455m, which is pretty much what guilds did to him to 1 phase it pre-nerf.
    As far as I understand it, what's going to happen here is:

Heart has 1340.04m HP. When the eye is first destroyed, he drops to 1036.30m HP. It's now impossible to 1-phase it, possibly even for the remainder of the expansion. You do as much damage as possible, exit, do the second outside phase. Eye is destroyed again, he drops down to 741.49m HP (294.81m HP loss) less your damage in the first burn, and you have 20-30 seconds longer to finish him off. Assuming you can conservatively do 370m saving lust for outside in the first burn, that means you need to do 371.5m more during the second burn.

Still seems like a huge buff to the encounter (requiring almost all of the second heart phase + being much less lenient with deaths). The fight wasn't that bad before to 2-phase, and just buffing the heart by 20% would've sufficed to prevent burn strats from being viable outside of overgearing and extreme comp stacking.

I think people are misunderstanding how it was changed. It requires you to do exactly the same amount of dmg to the heart as before the only difference is you can't just stack burst classes or overgear it so you can do it in one phase

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    As far as I understand it, what's going to happen here is:

Heart has 1340.04m HP. When the eye is first destroyed, he drops to 1036.30m HP. It's now impossible to 1-phase it, possibly even for the remainder of the expansion. You do as much damage as possible, exit, do the second outside phase. Eye is destroyed again, he drops down to 741.49m HP (294.81m HP loss) less your damage in the first burn, and you have 20-30 seconds longer to finish him off. Assuming you can conservatively do 370m saving lust for outside in the first burn, that means you need to do 371.5m more during the second burn.

Still seems like a huge buff to the encounter (requiring almost all of the second heart phase + being much less lenient with deaths). The fight wasn't that bad before to 2-phase, and just buffing the heart by 20% would've sufficed to prevent burn strats from being viable outside of overgearing and extreme comp stacking.
    This buff is just so bad. Imo it's just too late to change it. Now all guilds need to reprogress him after already clearing the instance. As far as I know almost nobody did it in 2 phases. It's already a 5 min long fight now is it gonna be twice as long? Now you can just bring 6 healers and not die and win... 740m in two goes instead of 446m in one go. I guess every tier needs a shitty boss that takes forever and you can't speed it up with gear just like hellfire assult and galakras.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2016-10-04 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    This buff is just so bad. Imo it's just too late to change it. Now all guilds need to reprogress him after already clearing the instance. As far as I know almost nobody did it in 2 phases. It's already a 5 min long fight now is it gonna be twice as long? Now you can just bring 6 healers and not die and win... 740m in two goes instead of 446m in one go. I guess every tier needs a shitty boss that takes forever and you can't speed it up with gear just like hellfire assult and galakras.
    Method killed it in 2 phases and realized after it would be faster in 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    I think people are misunderstanding how it was changed. It requires you to do exactly the same amount of dmg to the heart as before the only difference is you can't just stack burst classes or overgear it so you can do it in one phase
    If my understanding is off, it's because it's poorly worded. They increased his health by 200% and the wording makes it sounds like 33% of that 200% will be removed each time the eye is destroyed. If it's 33% of his overall health, then yes it's the same damage to the heart, which means it'll basically just fall over when you enter the second time. If it's the latter, it'd be a significant buff, so I'm hoping that it's just a misunderstanding and the heart damage required remains the same. That's definitely far more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    The target of his charge just stands against the wall and he doesn't charge at all. I'm sure it's given ~100 guilds kills at this point.
    Does anyone have logs of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurilias View Post
    I honestly don't give a crap about them fixing it post-kills. There's an extremely small percentage of guilds who were able to attain this accomplishment. The vast majority of guilds could not kill it on mythic pre or post hotfix as it is now anyway. If they let the encounter remain as it was, you create a raid environment that creates an explicit raid comp that will inherently favor single target burst oriented classes over others by a huge margin. Which is obviously not Blizzard's intention.
    Yes because taking classes that are good for a specific encounter has never been done before right? It's not like people take classes that perform well at a boss over ones where they don't. OH RIGHT.