Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    I wonder how many people bite this shit
    When looking at google trends I find that very hard to believe too :

https://www.google.com/trends/explor...=%2Fm%2F021dvx

Deleted
    Who cares about sub numbers?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathran View Post
    Well wars between nations do end. There are no active war between nations in the world today.
    Russia vs Ukraine?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They can, with their developers at a healthy 250+ ish, they have the man power to do it now while working on the next expansion and not sacrificing current content for the next expansion.
    Well like I said IF. They have said for years they want faster content and avoidable droughts but well it's always been the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tripl3x View Post
    Counting tokens as subs doesn't count.
    words you type don't count because they're stupid, tokens are subs that cost 50% more money than a normal sub blizz are cashing in massively on tokens.

imagine no-one used tokens, say 10m subs at say 10$ for an example, thats 100m $ a month.

now say everyone was on tokens, those would be 15$, thats 150$ a month, which as a business do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    It was an off the cuff remark, not an investor report.

Some of you guys are such utter balls of angst, it's unreal.
    Yeah, it was an honest mistake that won't happen when the subscriptions drop.

"We don't think subscription numbers are a useful metric...Unless of course the number is in our favour."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It doesn't matter what WoD gave them. We are in the first month of Legion with a long way to go yet. If player retention and interest isn't kept then subs will drop.
    if you look carefully at WHEN people quit warlords
    it was during massive lag and server crashes and queue times when there were too many people playing along with ddos attacks
    legion has the same subs as warlords did at the start..99% of the time no lag, no queue times, no crashes
    there is around 3 million people who left within 3 months of warlords which was exactly in line with all the server issues
    around 1mill left due to flying complaints and 1 mill left due to faralon being scrapped (because of people who quit over server issues) making them do more garrison related stuff

the mission board stuff is very light it's not as heavy micromanagement as warlords
    the servers have been fixed
    flying is already made but waiting for like 7.2 to release
    if blizzard launches world bosses or mythic dungeons to quench thirsty content droughts then their subscribers could be as steady as wotlk was
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripl3x View Post
    Counting tokens as subs doesn't count.
    It does actually, because someone payed for that token with actual money in order for someone else to be able to buy it with gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathran View Post
    Bullshit. They never lost subscribers between 2004-2009 or so and started to lose subscribers when they started to make bad expansions.
    2004-2009? You mean back when the game was still a pop-culture icon and the hype was riding high? Back when stuff like The Big Bang Theory had its first bursts of popularity and geek and gamer culture was starting to enter the mainstream?

People were still trying out WoW for the first time back then (me included, I started in late TBC). Nowadays the pool of people who would be interested in playing WoW but have never done so has shrunk to a tiny size compared to the period between Vanilla and early Wrath. We're in the game's long tail instead, which means most people coming in to Legion have played WoW before (and likely unsubscribed at some point). The game managing to hit ten million people now is far more impressive than it hitting 12 million subscriptions back in Wrath.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    There was a really long drought at the end of ICC at WoW's peak. Your theory makes no sense.
    That's what everyone said when I told you that wow was probably back at 10m subscribers a few weeks ago. On this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Assuming this is true, they have to release the next patch ASAP. I'm already seeing a lot of people going back to playing really casual and some have quit after being burned out by all the AP/Rep gating and WQ.

This is going to be WoD all over again if they can't keep up with content releases. The current model is a huge step up from the previous one but it still has a lot of the same issues WoD had. Too much focus on time gating and grinding.
    vanilla was 100% time gated and grindy..
    after a year of playing like 3 hours maybe every week end or fortnight on my uncles account during vanilla i was only level 17
    in wotlk someone with that time would of been level 40, in cata they would of been like 70
    so anyone complaining of time gated grindy stuff clearly are very new to wow or even very new to mmorpg in general fresh from watching the movie or swaping over from overwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well like I said IF. They have said for years they want faster content and avoidable droughts but well it's always been the same thing.
    I know, and in many untold posts of the last year or so I have been telling people they were in development woes for years until recently, they made Draenor with around 50 people compared to 200-250 of legion, and they are able to break up that 250 into groups capable enough to bring out the content we desperately need.

Deleted
    Let's see how many they'll be able to retain.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    That's why there's no point in reporting sub numbers to general public; reaction is either "boo-hoo, tokens aren't subs, numbers are fake", or "wow is dead!!"
    Well disregarding that blizzard has never been very good at telling us what it considers a sub and were ridiculously generous with the chinese market.

What most people I see irritated about is not the # itself but the act of reporting it after saying they wouldn't. In other words the backpedaling/hypocrisy of it. Either subs matter or they don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well considering stormrage doesnt have a queue at all anymore when it use to have around a 2 hour queue, i dont believe it.

Deleted
    vanilla was 100% time gated and grindy..
    Vanilla sure was grindy but not time gated (a time gated stuff is something which unlocks after a set amount of time no matter how much you play, like the wings of ICC during WOTLK). Also, when you grinded for something in vanilla you knew what you grinded for and the outcome was predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    2004-2009? You mean back when the game was still a pop-culture icon and the hype was riding high? Back when stuff like The Big Bang Theory had its first bursts of popularity and geek and gamer culture was starting to enter the mainstream?

People were still trying out WoW for the first time back then (me included, I started in late TBC). Nowadays the pool of people who would be interested in playing WoW but have never done so has shrunk to a tiny size compared to the period between Vanilla and early Wrath. We're in the game's long tail instead, which means most people coming in to Legion have played WoW before (and likely unsubscribed at some point). The game managing to hit ten million people now is far more impressive than it hitting 12 million subscriptions back in Wrath.
    that's not true
    most people just don't have $16 to pay per month that's why they play league of legends or minecraft
    there is 1-2 billion people with the internet
    only 1-5% of that actually plays games because the rest have never even given it a shot

in the past blizzard advertised on tv incorrectly..they made gag shorts with random movie stars but they never actually properly advertised the gameplay to visually get people attracted to it

7+ Year Old Account
    15 milions in 7.4. Remember my words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Vanilla sure was grindy but not time gated (a time gated stuff is something which unlocks after a set amount of time no matter how much you play, like the wings of ICC during WOTLK). Also, when you grinded for something in vanilla you knew what you grinded for and the outcome was predictable.
    opening of AQ was time gated
    i wasn't playing wow enough during then
    i was a low level on my uncle's account but i remember the stuff everywhere in ironforge wondering what it was and my uncle said it was a raid that was coming
    i had my own account at the end of 2007 in bc