Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Appreciate all the feedback about Cinidaria. Out of curiosity, how do all the legendaries compare in terms of dps? Shoulders, bracers, belt, and boots seem like the only ones that would give reliable gains in a raid situation, but they all seem like they would be extremely small.

"Your attacks cause an additional 30% damage as Physical to enemies above 90% health."

Remember that the 30% there is subject to armor, so real numbers are a lot smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Outlaw rogue gets a ring legendary that essentially is a 15% damage boost as shadow damage that is also aoe to all their combo builders. Cinidaria and most legendaries for that matter seem pathetic by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    So I hit the jackpot and got the Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison (leech with demon spikes). Does this give a lot more value to haste? Would it be worth switching up talents (Fallout, Feed the Demon, maybe even Spirit Bomb) for it?
    so i looked at this ring and compaired to the others i have if i was to use it i would gain 500 stamina but lose close to 1500 vers. imo if i ever get it it will sit the 15% leech does not make up for the 1500 loss in vers IMO.

IDK maybe the 15% leech makes up for the loss to vers
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2016-10-04 at 09:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm top Vengeance on my server, I approve this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    so i looked at this ring and compaired to the others i have if i was to use it i would gain 500 stamina but lose close to 1500 vers. imo if i ever get it it will sit the 15% leech does not make up for the 1500 loss in vers IMO.

IDK maybe the 15% leech makes up for the loss to vers
    You're out of your mind if you think 1500 versatility is better then 500 Stam, 1241 crit, 931 mastery and 15% leech. Another classic example of someone thinking secondary stats matter far more then they actually do on vegeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You're out of your mind if you think 1500 versatility is better then 500 Stam, 1241 crit, 931 mastery and 15% leech. Another classic example of someone thinking secondary stats matter far more then they actually do on vegeance.
    explain please oh i would gain 100 mastery too and considering crit is the least sought after stat for veng.

so all in all i would gain 500 stam and 100 mastery and 15% leech
    i lose 1500 vers which vers is top stat for us. idk might just be slightly better

1500 vers is 3% damage and healing increase and 2% reduction in damage

if i remember right 500 stamina is ~50,000 hp

1500 vers gives me 54000 less damage takent
    1500 vers gives me 81000 increase to healing and damage

i know you can buff stamina but going static the vers over takes the stamina and mastery on the ring... the leech is something else to look at

unless i am figureing something wrong please tell me thanks
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2016-10-04 at 09:39 PM.

The problem is that you aren't just losing 1.5k vers. You're changing the stats you have, but gaining overall stats plus the ~50% uptime 15% leech. Yes vers is the best defensive stat for raiding, but not by that much. You're better off just going for the ilevel unless you have an 890+ ring already.

Quote Originally Posted by diachroniko View Post
    The problem is that you aren't just losing 1.5k vers. You're changing the stats you have, but gaining overall stats plus the ~50% uptime 15% leech. Yes vers is the best defensive stat for raiding, but not by that much. You're better off just going for the ilevel unless you have an 890+ ring already.
    Not just this, but it's literally 2200 secondaries against 1500 vers. You are heavily overvaluing vers if you think they are even remotely comparable, not even counting the leech. Raw stat total matters a lot more than itemization.

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    "Your attacks cause an additional 30% damage as Physical to enemies above 90% health."

Remember that the 30% there is subject to armor, so real numbers are a lot smaller.
    Do any of our other legendaries give +3% DPS? I'd be surprised if they did.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2016-10-04 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    explain please oh i would gain 100 mastery too and considering crit is the least sought after stat for veng.
    Least sought after means very little when all the secondary stats are as close as they are.

1500 vers is 3% damage and healing increase and 2% reduction in damage
    1.5% DR, and you keep acting like crit and mastery provide no defensive benefits when they do. A stat being the best does not mean to hell with anything else I have to have this stat on all pieces of gear. That's not how the game works, and no secondary stat is even close to being that strong for vengeance.

if i remember right 500 stamina is ~50,000 hp

1500 vers gives me 54000 less damage takent
    1500 vers gives me 81000 increase to healing and damage

i know you can buff stamina but going static the vers over takes the stamina and mastery on the ring... the leech is something else to look at

unless i am figureing something wrong please tell me thanks
    Stamina effects how big your heal is when last resort procs, Stamina effects how big your heal is when you pop meta, stamina has multiple multiplying effects through traits. It's not "just 50,000 HP".

Also once again read the above, stop acting like versatility is the only stat that does anything. Versatility is the best stat, but it's not anywhere near as close to being how good mastery was pre nerf. Even then you could easily skip on mastery gear for ilvl upgrades.

quick question, at the start of the expansion i thought painbringer would be more useful.. I just got enough artifact power to respec my traits, should i respec my weapon? if not how should I proceed? Im gearing for mythic raid progression.

Don't respec. It would be a waste at this point. 5 more points and you will have all the gold dragons, and it's not like you're missing anything that is going to drastically effect you one way or another for the time being. Just hit the suggested first path in reverse.

Can i get a suggestion on which trinkets to use?

1 - 850ilvl mana crystal shard : 1,233 agility & 932 mastery

2 - 850ilvl Grotesque Statuette
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139335/g...tte&bonus=1807

3 - 855ilvl Phantasmal Echo http://www.wowhead.com/item=138225/p...cho&bonus=1807

The statuette seems like it's more for trash mobs and mythic+ or something since bosses aren't hitting that fast but trinkets always elude me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmaxyz View Post
    quick question, at the start of the expansion i thought painbringer would be more useful.. I just got enough artifact power to respec my traits, should i respec my weapon? if not how should I proceed? Im gearing for mythic raid progression.

I respecced to Painbringer but I ditched Charred Warblades. I went for Fueled by Pain. Don't know how much difference it makes, but I do get hit for far less compared to our DK tank, and almost as low as our warrior tank, while having farm more avoidance than both (about 30%). I compared our logs from mythic EN.

This is my spec:
    I will first get 3 points in Devour Souls, then go for Charred Warblades.

Last edited by Strawberry; 2016-10-05 at 07:07 AM.

How good is Unstable Arcanocrystal for Veng ? Looks like nice stats :/ I am hesitating between this one I just got and my Parjesh trinket (ilvl840)
    Chic Not Geek

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    How good is Unstable Arcanocrystal for Veng ? Looks like nice stats :/ I am hesitating between this one I just got and my Parjesh trinket (ilvl840)
    Personal preference, but I really don't like Parjesh. It's nice in that it's basically another (really weak) Last Resort, but I'd rather take static stats over it almost any day unless I'm specifically getting booty blasted on a single fight for some reason (Hi Ursoc). Even then, I'd take something like Rokmora or Cragshaper instead.

The Arcanocrystal is pretty strong imo, it's roughly 2% to all secondaries but it's whether or not you value the proc on Parjesh.

Quote Originally Posted by oAllElseFailo View Post
    Can i get a suggestion on which trinkets to use?

1 - 850ilvl mana crystal shard : 1,233 agility & 932 mastery

2 - 850ilvl Grotesque Statuette
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139335/g...tte&bonus=1807

3 - 855ilvl Phantasmal Echo http://www.wowhead.com/item=138225/p...cho&bonus=1807

The statuette seems like it's more for trash mobs and mythic+ or something since bosses aren't hitting that fast but trinkets always elude me
    Mastery is really bad for us now, so if you really want to use a static stat trinket, get haste or versatility.
    That said, Grotesque Statuette is insane.
    Even with .2 attacks per second (which is way below what's actually happening), its already a permanent 6% damage reduction (depending on ilvl of course).
    Image bosses hitting you every 2 seconds, you'll be sitting at 10 stacks for pretty much the whole bossfight, minus the build up phase (might be worse on ursoc, don't know about that), so you have between 15 and 20% damage reduction just from its ability. That trinket is absolute bonkers to my understanding.

I have the Statuette and I've never noticed it stack to more than like 4 or 5 on a target before it resets. It seems not as amazing as you are saying.

Maybe I am off-base here, I am new to tanking this expansion, but from my experience the 850 Darkmoon Card is just overall better. I am using the 850 DMC and and 865 Arcanocrystal right now.
    Last edited by laboof; 2016-10-05 at 02:09 PM.

I am having troubles with trinket choice also.

Here are my trinkets: https://i.gyazo.com/2c9feb32fb28ebd0...516edfec4d.png

Which would you suggest I use?

Does anyone here know the stat weights for vengeance?