Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

60 rage Ignore pain eaten in one swing by single regular mythic mob. GG blizz

860 itemlevel prot, mostly gearing mastery>vers>haste.

Did regular mythic (NOT MYTHIC+) DHT to run my friend's alt, and was doing the world quest to kill the diseased bears.

ONE nonblock melee swing from a single bear removed an entire 60 rage IP.

this isn a mythic raid boss. Or even regular raid boss, or even mythic+.

Not even a boss at that. A single hit from a single 5 man regular mythic trash mob.

GG Blizz. Such balance.

I hope the whining bootlickers are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee View Post

Did regular mythic (NOT MYTHIC+) DHT to run my friend's alt, and was doing the world quest to kill the diseased bears.

Not even a boss at that. A single hit from a single 5 man regular mythic trash mob.

GG Blizz. Such balance.

So you know, I guess a mythic raid boss hits for about 3 times that bear you're talking about. Even IP nerf that would mean you'd need 2 full 60 rage IPs to even block one boss hit? Nah dawg. Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

Well it's only logical that at some point % based defensive abilities will win over AP based ones.
    Too early? Too late? Surely there's no point in raging right now, we're having weekly hotfixes.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-10-05 at 06:04 PM.

You might have forgotten to actually press ip.

Good, now you know how something 10x more powerful than blood DK's mastery works.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted
    Welcome to balanced tanking mate. How does it feel not to be overpowered? Wana try out a monk and then come back and tell us?

welcome to how other tanks feel , perma clenched butthole lol

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Welcome to balanced tanking mate. How does it feel not to be overpowered? Wana try out a monk and then come back and tell us?
    60 rage is 10+ seconds worth of resources at that level. wiping that out in one melee swing is NOT balance, especially when warr tanks cannot heal themselves unlike other tanks. its UNDERPOWERED.

60 rage is 10+ seconds worth of resources at that level. wiping that out in one melee swing is NOT balance, especially when warr tanks cannot heal themselves unlike other tanks. its UNDERPOWERED.
    guess youll have to stop relying on it then

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad blizzard stopped letting healers into the dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Really? Looks like a l2p issue if it takes 10 secs to get 60 rage. "GG Blizzard, it's your fault I do not know how to play!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=mrchee;42666860]

/QUOTE]

use shield block next time, its only 10rage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You know that the original design intent was that you'd use shield block for melee and ignore pain for spell damage right? Now that ignore pain is not insanely overpowered, maybe you should try spending some rage on shield block?
    So we are actually back to Shield Barrier? That spell you would hardly use because it was almost useless.

warriors still have great mitigation against melee attacks, excellent parry with ravager, top tier block, yeah you cant solo stuff you shouldn't have anyway while IP was broken, L2 play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You know that the original design intent was that you'd use shield block for melee and ignore pain for spell damage right? Now that ignore pain is not insanely overpowered, maybe you should try spending some rage on shield block?
    i highly doubt that.

if that were true they wouldve just left shield barrier untouched.

im an older warrior guy, and i tanked 4 myth 5 instances today, and i notice a big increase in rage income, which is nice. I dont know how other warriors ever get to 60 rage.

Im playing warrior since classic, and since than it always was the saying " if u have a visible (more than 0) ragebar, u suck as a warrior".

So how could a warrior be able to go to 60 rage? i didnt have 60 rage as a prot warrior since i got stunned by molten giants in molten core, in 2005.

and i didnt have single 60 rage ignore pain in this whole addon. BUT in dungeons i have a 97 % uptime of schieldblock, and a 80 % uptime of ignore pain, and i dont get wrecked by bears melee hits with 20 ivl lower. YEP the size of the shield decreased, but we can apply it way more often, so uptime is nearly the same.

And i mostly tank medium to higher mythic + , not normals. I only noticed a little decrease in tankability overall (got killed once today by like 7 stacks of bolstering on 5 mobs, but hey nobody would survive that.)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

GG Blizz. Such balance.

Those bears are suppose to hit hard. The pull with two of them can actually start to do some serious damage which is why you want to kill one first. Use Shield Block and they won't blast through your IP. I mean really people act like the tuning is a huge deal. For something like regular Mythic the change was actually in our favor. You don't get enough rage from damage taken in regular Mythic dungeons and the lack of rage regen was hurting. Now you get a lot more rage to throw into IPs.

This is definitely a L2P Issue.

The only people that saw any actual downside to the tuning were Mythic raiders and even then they're still perfectly fine.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I do not play a warrior, but I am curious how things are going for other tanks.

When you say

mostly gearing mastery>vers>haste.
    Are you saying that this is what priority you are giving your secondary stats?

I did a little research and according to icy-veins (I am aware that they are wrong sometimes) it says that your stat priority for "Damage Reduction" should be Strength > Versatility > Mastery > Haste > Crit and for "High Shield Block Time" it should be Strength > Haste > Versatility > Mastery > Crit.

If icy-veins is indeed correct, then you are not giving your stats the correct priority. If this is incorrect, is there a better source for your class of which I am unaware?

I am not trying to give you a hard time, I have felt your frustration. But speaking from personal experience, I have found the icy-veins guide very helpful for my Demon Hunter tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    im an older warrior guy, and i tanked 4 myth 5 instances today, and i notice a big increase in rage income, which is nice. I dont know how other warriors ever get to 60 rage.

Im playing warrior since classic, and since than it always was the saying " if u have a visible (more than 0) ragebar, u suck as a warrior".

So how could a warrior be able to go to 60 rage? i didnt have 60 rage as a prot warrior since i got stunned by molten giants in molten core, in 2005.

and i didnt have single 60 rage ignore pain in this whole addon. BUT in dungeons i have a 97 % uptime of schieldblock, and a 80 % uptime of ignore pain, and i dont get wrecked by bears melee hits with 20 ivl lower. YEP the size of the shield decreased, but we can apply it way more often, so uptime is nearly the same.

And i mostly tank medium to higher mythic + , not normals. I only noticed a little decrease in tankability overall (got killed once today by like 7 stacks of bolstering on 5 mobs, but hey nobody would survive that.)
    And the intended playstyle for prot in legion is following:

Keep block up, and use ip on top of it. block makes your ip last long enough to have a high uptime, but will get eaten up if block falls. use shieldslams and lvl 100 Talent to help with block uptime, so your ip lasts longer, and refresh ip as soon as u can (20 rage). gear for mastery / vers and sprinkle in some haste, but haste in dungeons is free from talent "into the frey", so no need for it if your main focus is dungeons.

wtf blizzard after the nerf i cant press one button and be an invincible god, my class is now completely broken and useless