Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Maybe you should take your own advice.

I said I hate when people use that EXCUSE to buy gold. We all need gold, and many of use have jobs and a family (I assume), and we make do with what time we have. Unless you're one of those guys that get a boner just buying seeing big numbers of gold you don't NEED a large amount.
    You hate when people who need gold use that excuse to buy gold, which is fucking stupid. Then you use that to accuse me of buying gold, which if you read my actual posts I never at any point even alluded to. I have plenty of gold, the world doesnt revolve around me though does it, if people need gold they will buy gold.

And guess what, people need gold in this expansion. Which is why people are buying gold.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled my DH to herb on, our guild has crafters with procs on pots as we funneled all mats to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You hate when people who need gold use that excuse to buy gold, which is fucking stupid. Then you use that to accuse me of buying gold, which if you read my actual posts I never at any point even alluded to. I have plenty of gold, the world doesnt revolve around me though does it, if people need gold they will buy gold.

And guess what, people need gold in this expansion. Which is why people are buying gold.
    Well someone has a bit of an complex. I said unless you're someone who needs to see big numbers of gold it isn't needed. I was speaking in general and never once said that Bigbazz needs to see big numbers of gold.

And people need gold in every expansion. That's a given. But giving the "Wah Wah I don't have time to farm" excuse is old and dull. But feel free to defend those that go against the ToS.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Well someone has a bit of an complex. I said unless you're someone who needs to see big numbers of gold it isn't needed. I was speaking in general and never once said that Bigbazz needs to see big numbers of gold.

And people need gold in every expansion. That's a given. But giving the "Wah Wah I don't have time to farm" excuse is old and dull. But feel free to defend those that go against the ToS.
    Not sure you understand what complex means if you felt you had to use it in this discussion, you come across pretty dumb there well done.

How is "Wah Wah I don't have time to farm" not a valid execuse, hell how is it not the "MOST" valid excuse? If Bill the raider gets home from work at 6pm and has to raid at 6.30pm, and has to spend 50,000 gold on consumables for that raid how exactly do you think Bill gets that gold if he does not have it to begin with?

Are youcompletely oblivious to the fact that gold = time = gold... Not having the time to farm gold/herbs/professions doesn't take away the need for those things, and if the game introduces a heavy gold/time burden on PVE preparation (aka this thread) then you're going to see people buying gold, buying gold on a massive scale.

People in my guild have needed to buy gold to fund raids, they are required to use consumables for progression, required to enchant/gem gear.. All that stuff takes time, masses of time to be self sufficient, time that some people simply don't have. This massive time burden was not present in previous expansions, the massive cost through low supply and high demand was not present in previous expansions, thus buying gold was not needed in previous expansions for things other than "excessive luxury"...

Times changed, Legion is expensive and that's why people buy so much gold now.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-10-05 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Cenarius opened in LFR. Rank3 felwort for everyone. Should affect herb prizes.
    They nerfed that before LFR came out. The seeds are 2.5% instead of 25% now, so basically negligible. It was a 25% increase in the rate of herbing but it's insignificant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
    Nice assumption based on nothing
    I didn't make an assumption, but your entire post made assumptions about me. I simply repeated your argument and then showed you why it was hypocritical. It's a bad argument. Stop using it.

Deleted
    Well raiding is expensive (especially High end one)
    Alot of ppl says how your problem will get solved
    Personally i have so much efficient alt support that i just drink these pots everywhere except LFR

Not sure you understand what complex means if you felt you had to use it in this discussion, you come across pretty dumb there well done.

How is "Wah Wah I don't have time to farm" not a valid execuse, hell how is it not the "MOST" valid excuse? If Bill the raider gets home from work at 6pm and has to raid at 6.30pm, and has to spend 50,000 gold on consumables for that raid how exactly do you think Bill gets that gold if he does not have it to begin with?

Are youcompletely oblivious to the fact that gold = time = gold... Not having the time to farm gold/herbs/professions doesn't take away the need for those things, and if the game introduces a heavy gold/time burden on PVE preparation (aka this thread) then you're going to see people buying gold, buying gold on a massive scale.

People in my guild have needed to buy gold to fund raids, they are required to use consumables for progression, required to enchant/gem gear.. All that stuff takes time, masses of time to be self sufficient, time that some people simply don't have. This massive time burden was not present in previous expansions, the massive cost through low supply and high demand was not present in previous expansions, thus buying gold was not needed in previous expansions for things other than "excessive luxury"...

Times changed, Legion is expensive and that's why people buy so much gold now.
    Would you have preferred I call you arrogant instead? Thinking that I was talking about you personally.

There's this great time called the weekend that people can use to farm what they need. And no, they don't need to spend the entire weekend doing this.

Also your excuse kinda falls apart in the light of BEING IN A GUILD. Now unless your guild is full of selfish greedy twats, those WITH time will farm up some mats for guild use, as well as what they'd want to put on the AH. They supply enchants to guildies for free or at below AH prices.

And by the by, enchanting and flasks and pots have always been mandatory for any half decent guild.
    STRESS

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well raiding is expensive (especially High end one)
    It really just requires a bit of effort. 30-60 mins a week farming Herbs keeps me topped on potions. I farmed 40 flasks in the first week so now I just farm a couple a week to keep me topped up. Mythic+ has caused me to use a lot more flasks/herbs than usual though. I like that you have to put some effort in outside of raid again. It gives players something to do outside of raid for once instead of solely logging in to raid a few times a week. So far this expac I haven't spent a single gold on pots/flasks/food/augment runes. Cleared heroic this week in about 2 hours and used 2 flasks and 10 pots, not hard to farm that each week.

Would you have preferred I call you arrogant instead?
    I'm arrogant because I point out I have plenty of gold and don't need to buy it, but that others are not so fortunate and that this is a problem? Me pointing out issues that affect others more than me is arrogance? Right.

And by the by, enchanting and flasks and pots have always been mandatory for any half decent guild.
    Yes, and they have always been affordable too, not so much in Legion.. Hence the problem. Of course you can ignore all of the evidence, the countless non stop discussions and threads about it and pretend it's like previous expansions, or you could understand that it isn't the same as previous expansions due to the high demand and low supply, due to the long quest chains and RNG based ranking system on professions, high cost for crafting and high competition on Mining/Herbing nodes, with botting rampant.

Everything is expensive to make, not like previous expansions.. You know in WOTLK I just go farm Rhinos for 15mins before the raid and my food is sorted, I go to the AH and I buy some flasks at completely reasonable price, sorted. Same in Cata, same in MOP and WOD.... But in Legion, everything has changed.

That's why people are going broke and needing to buy gold, you have people who have 50k gold total on their accounts, you can blow that on 1 raid easily, such are the price of consumables.

I'm arrogant because I point out I have plenty of gold and don't need to buy it, but that others are not so fortunate and that this is a problem? Me pointing out issues that affect others more than me is arrogance? Right.

Yes, and they have always been affordable too, not so much in Legion.. Hence the problem. Of course you can ignore all of the evidence, the countless non stop discussions and threads about it and pretend it's like previous expansions, or you could understand that it isn't the same as previous expansions due to the high demand and low supply, due to the long quest chains and RNG based ranking system on professions, high cost for crafting and high competition on Mining/Herbing nodes, with botting rampant.

Everything is expensive to make, not like previous expansions.. You know in WOTLK I just go farm Rhinos for 15mins before the raid and my food is sorted, I go to the AH and I buy some flasks at completely reasonable price, sorted. Same in Cata, same in MOP and WOD.... But in Legion, everything has changed.

That's why people are going broke and needing to buy gold, you have people who have 50k gold total on their accounts, you can blow that on 1 raid easily, such are the price of consumables.
    Are you selective in what you read.

You are ARROGANT for thinking I was talking about you personally. There I spelled it out for you. Maybe now you'll get it.

I never said that things weren't expensive. Pots go for around 500g and flasks for 1500+ on my server. My POINT was that, in a guild, those who HAVE the time help out those who DON'T have the time (most of the time). My toon is a double gatherer druid. I herb and mine. If I farm say 100 Foxflower in an hour or two before raid. I put 30 on the AH and give the rest to the guild Alchs who make pots/flasks with whatever else I give them or others give them.

It's just common sense and good guild mentality.
    STRESS

Takes me about an hour and a half to farm a raid nights worth of consumables, atm.

Really not a good model

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Your guild didn't recruit multi-boxing farmers? We got 8, they farm like fiends, then they get carried through Mythic until they're geared and get a mount once all the raiders get one.
    That literally sounds like slavery...with perks? What the hell is wrong with this; and I am just going for all the hyperbole with this:

GAME

There is playing and then there is this.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Are you selective in what you read.

You are ARROGANT for thinking I was talking about you personally. There I spelled it out for you. Maybe now you'll get it.

I never said that things weren't expensive. Pots go for around 500g and flasks for 1500+ on my server. My POINT was that, in a guild, those who HAVE the time help out those who DON'T have the time (most of the time). My toon is a double gatherer druid. I herb and mine. If I farm say 100 Foxflower in an hour or two before raid. I put 30 on the AH and give the rest to the guild Alchs who make pots/flasks with whatever else I give them or others give them.

It's just common sense and good guild mentality.
    Pots go for 500g that's sweet.

On my server

Potions between 1200-2400g
    Flasks between 3000-4000g
    Food around 1000g
    Runes around 1,500g

And that's nice that you have time to herb for an hour or two to donate to your guild, not many people have time for that. Most people are self sufficient, you can't just create your rosy little world that exists in your guild with you being Mr Charity and apply it to everyone else, that's arrogant.

Deleted
    What does this have to do with having bots? You don't get millions of gold by spending it.

Top guilds don't bot... They have gold from boosting for so long, They are not so stupid that they would risk their account and mess their guild over by getting banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    Give it a few weeks, everyone that isn't crap will have cleared mythic and prices will plummet on most servers.
    Mmo champ in a nutshell folks, you heard it here, 98% of guilds are "crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Tilthunter View Post
    Top guilds don't bot... They have gold from boosting for so long, They are not so stupid that they would risk their account and mess their guild over by getting banned
    They are not so stupid as to bot on their main accounts either, come on don't be so dense.

Deleted
    whoever thinks the cost of herbs is hardcore is freaking dumb, you want hardcore? why dont we take it to stupid days of vanilla, im a former hc raider myself.

and consumbles should have nothing to do with raiding frankly or atleast be a money sink.

they should cost some but reason why they are so expensive is the time it takes to farm for prepot and flasks, its way to time consuming and thus so expensive.

not only that just having a simple rng discovery system on rank 3 and not a quest like rest or pseudo rng even is beyond me in conjunction with the time sink it takes to herb all the plants, a vendor should not solve this, but how much flowers you get from all of the ones you collect instead.

this goes for all proffessions you should be able to earn money and have some useful things from them however, useful things like enchanting gear,consumables should never, i repeat never be so high cost that it makes it an insane cost that it inflicts problems with irl time.

raiding should not be about how much money you have, but that you prepare and its possible in some sane amount of time, and coming prepared should not be about you farming for an entire day flowers, just no....
    Last edited by mmoc7e86bf450a; 2016-10-06 at 01:52 AM.

I've had 8-9 people in my mythic guild suggest they might quit if it continues to cost 35k per raid day.

I know you can farm - I do. I can't afford 35k per raid day. But the time it requires to farm is insane - its not 20 minutes or a half hour per raid day, its closer to 2.5-3hrs.

7-10% damage increase from pots alone. I'm pretty ready to throw my hands up on the whole thing.

Its a bummer too, because this is the most fun expansion I've yet seen in terms of content, and I'm totally digging mythic +'s, mythic 10's are a blast and I like the change in modifiers. But there's no way in hell I'm gonna be able to keep the drive on doing this farming.

+1 for hating the current pot/flask/herb situation.

Pots go for 500g that's sweet.

On my server

Potions between 1200-2400g
    Flasks between 3000-4000g
    Food around 1000g
    Runes around 1,500g

And that's nice that you have time to herb for an hour or two to donate to your guild, not many people have time for that. Most people are self sufficient, you can't just create your rosy little world that exists in your guild with you being Mr Charity and apply it to everyone else, that's arrogant.
    Whatever else I...AND OTHERS...give them. I'm not Superman or NoLifeMan. Some guildies contribute ores, some herbs, others skins. Once we saw how prices were, and we weren't a guild so hardcore that we good boost we simply worked together...you know...the things a GUILD is supposed to do.
    STRESS