Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Don't be so melodramatic. I love flight and am constantly purchasing or earning it as each new version comes available. I have more than 200 flying mounts, the bulk of which collect dust since my Druid has insta-cast flight form which is used frequently when farming herbs. I love hopping over a mountain and getting into the next zone to wrap up a daily, or farm a specific sort of herb. But, I am not influenced by convenience. If I have flight, I use it. But not having flight has yet to diminish my enjoyment of the game. I disliked WoD for entirely different reasons, but still stayed subbed, worked on rep and other items, and flight unlocked the moment the achieve was available because I already had it done. Rather than sit and moan about it, I just went back to playing the game.
    And again, what does any of this have to do with how I enjoy the game?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Its unlikely to be motivated by money - although id grant you much of what they do these days largely is.

Firstly, they going to allow flying so they are committed to the development time & costs.
    Secondly, they probably make any costs back thanks to idiots and fanboys throwing their credit card details at them to pay for the latest mount from the shop.
    Thirdly, why risk losing all revenue from the no fly no buy crew?
    They already lost revenue by announcing "mid expansion" and store mounts are not being bought if players are not even playing the current expansion or even usable in current said expansion (Legion).

So it is clearly not a monetary decision from subs/blizzards store side of things. But it is saving developer time and stretching out existing content. Is that a worthwhile trade off? WoD showed it was a flawed strategy and Legion is no different in that regard.

Blizzard can claim that do not care about sub numbers but if people are not flying in current content they are highly likely not buying flying mounts from the Blizzard store. And honestly flying mounts are way more popular than the vast majority of ground mounts in WoW.

What Blizzard is cutting of their nose to spite faces for what? To prove they can deliver a ground and pound game world? IF that is the case they failed miserably because the flight whistle was added late to the testing period of Legion.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-10-05 at 07:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    snipped
    If we treat wow as one product then I guess everyone is happy here in patch 3.3.5a and we don't have to worry about any future additions. I'm done. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And again, what does any of this have to do with how I enjoy the game?
    It's not about you. Or me. Welcome to the world of cyber opinions where everyone has one, and we all think ours is the better one. Your signature says it all, yet you continue to get confrontational. My post has nothing to do with anyone but me. The guy who loves flight, and is enjoying Legion even before flight is unlocked.

- - - Updated - - -

snipped
    Flight will be unlocked at some point. Until then, I will continue to enjoy the latest installment of the game because a travel mechanic is far less important to me than the content.

Wow, could you be any more ridiculous? The players who didn't buy Legion spent a ton of money on the game over the years and put a ton of effort into their characters that they can no longer play if a design decision causes them to unsub because it would be impossible for them to enjoy the game due to that decision by Blizzard. LEGION IS NOT SOME BRAND NEW ENTIRELY SEPARATE PRODUCT. Stop acting like it is. It just makes you look ridiculous.
    I as a customer have made a logical decision to be patient and see what Blizzard does with flying in Legion. Right now they have two strikes against them with how Legion patchfinder is split up with an unknown quantity/time table and how poorly the world content is structured in terms of time vs reward compared to instanced content.

For me the biggest litmus test for the future of flight in Legion is when it actually is testable on the PTR or Bllizzard publicly acknowledges they have started testing flight for introduction to Legion. Everything else is conjecture and pure presumptions. Thus, as a customer I am making this logical choice to wait it out as I have nothing to lose by waiting IMVHO.

It's not about you. Or me. Welcome to the world of cyber opinions where everyone has one, and we all think ours is the better one. Your signature says it all, yet you continue to get confrontational. My post has nothing to do with anyone but me. The guy who loves flight, and is enjoying Legion even before flight is unlocked
    It does have more to do than just you, considering you are stirring the hornets nest. You know well that this thread is about flight, and yet here you stand telling people that in your opinion they have little right to complain. It may be your opinion, but hey, if you're going to present them as such, expect confrontation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    With all due respect you get from me for overall seeming very reasonable (and im sincere), if you make the lack of flight your point-of-no-return thats your choice, but please spare everyone this very tiring habbit to call it a sinking ship just because you personally perceive it that way. Its not true. It was true, sure. It was true since Cataclysm. But this Addon came back quite strong and saying otherwise is not only contradicting evidence but also nothing but neysaying and when people that plan to quit do this it feels like they are trying to convince themselves that their plans to quit are justified. Don't take that offensive but its a pet peeve i really can't stand especially when its the first time in around 5 years where this could not be further from the truth.

Being in a hurry i only give this a short response? Your opinions DO matter but in fact not actually having played the game you are making complaints about (no matter how similar it might or might not be to the expansions you DID play) does make it less justified, because without trying to call you dumb or being insulting you - quite frankly - don't actually know what you are talking about first hand...
    Legion alpha showed it was a fail design and it is proven to be true on the live client. I as a customer refuse to be a tester for Blizzard' idea that already failed in WoD for Legion. Flying is that important and integral to the sub systems and overall game world interaction IMVHO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It does have more to do than just you, considering you are stirring the hornets nest. You know well that this thread is about flight, and yet here you stand telling people that in your opinion they have little right to complain. It may be your opinion, but hey, if you're going to present them as such, expect confrontation.
    People are having an opinion about something they've never even paid for. But I am done with this line of inquiry. I've said what needed to be said, and have moved past those who never bothered to invest in a game they are complaining about. As for me, I am hopeful that flight unlocks with 7.1, or even 7.2. As a pro-flier, 7.3 is a long way to wait just for a simple game mechanic. If there is no indication of flight with 7.2, I will gauge the content and see if it is worth staying subbed for. If not, a small break never hurt anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, please stick to the topic which is flight. And let's dispense with borderline conspiracy theories about whether or not flight will even be in Legion. Blizzard has said it will and if anyone wants to argue that it won't they should bring something more substantial than "They can change their mind".

The more the thread wanders away from the topic and into non-constructive or semi-conspiratorial territory the more likely it is that it will be closed. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

How on earth can you actually expect people to spend money when they know that a feature vital to their personal enjoyment is missing? It's just.... mind boggling. Completely baffling and mind boggling. You actually expect people to pay for updates to the game that they did not want in order to be able to say they do not want the game to go in that direction.

I just can't even anymore. You are even dismissing people who played the final beta build that went live because they didn't give Blizzard money. Seriously... you seriously expect people to give money to a company they feel has ruined a game they enjoy... or they can't say the game they enjoyed was ruined for them?

I... just... can't..... even.... ugh.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2016-10-06 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are having an opinion about something they've never even paid for. But I am done with this line of inquiry. I've said what needed to be said, and have moved past those who never bothered to invest in a game they are complaining about. As for me, I am hopeful that flight unlocks with 7.1, or even 7.2. As a pro-flier, 7.3 is a long way to wait just for a simple game mechanic. If there is no indication of flight with 7.2, I will gauge the content and see if it is worth staying subbed for. If not, a small break never hurt anyone.
    To be honest with you I unsubbed right before Legion (mainly because of what they did to Warlocks, not flight) but the more I think of it I honestly think I won't even bother resubbing until Blizzard say in a blue post an exact patch number and unlock date for flying.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Blizzard need to stop putting flying mounts in their store if they wont let us use them for flying and also whilst flying is disabled in an expansion they should also disable the use of flying mounts since the game has Ground + Flying Mounts, lets see the no fly squad not bitch about that.

No flying, no flying mounts usable. Its only fair, if its ground travel only use the mounts that were designed for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    To be honest with you I unsubbed right before Legion (mainly because of what they did to Warlocks, not flight) but the more I think of it I honestly think I won't even bother resubbing until Blizzard say in a blue post an exact patch number and unlock date for flying.
    Crazy part is that once you resub, you still have to pick a class to level through Legion to complete the Pathfinder achieve. Flight won't do anything but speed up how you get around after you finish the meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Blizzard need to stop putting flying mounts in their store if they wont let us use them for flying and also whilst flying is disabled in an expansion they should also disable the use of flying mounts since the game has Ground + Flying Mounts, lets see the no fly squad not bitch about that.

No flying, no flying mounts usable. Its only fair, if its ground travel only use the mounts that were designed for it.
    They learned that lesson with WoD which is why the Legion CE Mount is a ground mount and there are no new flying mounts for sale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post

Lol ... why would anybody bitch about that?
    I suspect mounts being disabled so you couldnt use them regardless of not being able to fly with them would anger people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy part is that once you resub, you still have to pick a class to level through Legion to complete the Pathfinder achieve. Flight won't do anything but speed up how you get around after you finish the meta.
    I'm fine with that. My problem is never the grind, the time investment or the series of steps I need. It's getting to some ambiguous point maybe 80% or 90% of the way to a goal I can't unlock and being told to sit on my hands until some nebulous point in the future when the time-gating stops. If I can do it all fully self-paced start to finish I'm good, even if it takes thirty hours.

It's arbitrary "because fuck you, that's why" barriers that irritate me. Not time investment.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with that. My problem is never the grind, the time investment or the series of steps I need. It's getting to some ambiguous point maybe 80% or 90% of the way to a goal I can't unlock and being told to sit on my hands until some nebulous point in the future when the time-gating stops. If I can do it all fully self-paced start to finish I'm good, even if it takes thirty hours.

It's arbitrary "because fuck you, that's why" barriers that irritate me. Not time investment.
    I would have to agree. I do not do well with ambiguity, but I am ok with staging. I'd rather knock out what I can now and then finish it up as soon as it is available.

This is why it pays to be patient IMVHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post

What you said makes perfect sense to me if they are are going to deny a feature of a game for half an expansion or possibly more.

- - - Updated - - -

Logically if this was planned out properly based on what happened in WoD this thread wouldn't exist so that is my honest take on that.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-10-06 at 04:01 AM.

It's not about you. Or me. Welcome to the world of cyber opinions where everyone has one, and we all think ours is the better one. Your signature says it all, yet you continue to get confrontational. My post has nothing to do with anyone but me. The guy who loves flight, and is enjoying Legion even before flight is unlocked.
    But it is about me. Every time I voice my discontent you tell me how much fun you are having playing the game. I'm not confrontational, I'm just not happy with how they are treating flight.

And about signatures ...
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-10-06 at 05:10 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    WoW is a great game, but there are dozens of MMOs just as good, who do not offer flight, who have a better PvP system, or a better gathering system, or better player housing. Not sure how 200k players per game for 10 MMOs is small potatoes. WoW always was the biggest after it passed EQ for the top spot. But anyone who believes it was flight that did that needs a reality check. Ulduar did that. ICC did that. Black Temple did that. Karazhan did that. Flight was simply the level cap frosting for an extremely delicious cake.
    Sorry man but you are in for an reality Check. You are seriously trying to tell me that Raids, which at that time only got seen by around 10% of all players, have been the major draw to this game? Oh man.... if you really really really believe that, i am not surprised that some of the hardcore- and pro-gamers they have been somehow remotely been essential to the games success and mattered a lot.... newsflash: no they have not. This game went viral even without those type of players.

And NO, the raids have been a big part for a small minority of this game but they have not been the major feature that drew the masses. But to be fair: flight hasn't been that either. It is the package. But in this package i personally would put open world before dungeons before flight before raids.

By the way... speaking of other MMOs. Did you notice that two more popular MMOs recently added flight to their game? And did you know that some MMOs out there already had flight from the start, even with combat? So no matter how you want to twist and turn it, flight is "wildly popular" in a lot of games to the majority of people playing it... no matter how bad some players and even some developers think flight might be to the game (it's not).

Deleted
    The reward for Pathfinder I is so extremely underwhelming. They could have at least added a mount for an achievement which requires killing a raid end boss and getting a faction to exalted. You know, we got a bunch of Netherwing drakes back in TBC without any raid bosses... :/ Legion is VERY disappointing from the viewpoint of a mount collector. They have listened to the whiners who were pissed about recoloured mounts too much. Why not stick to the MoP model where you got 1-3 mounts from every faction at exalted, and then have some achievement and raid / world bosses mounts?

Anyway, I got Pathfinder yesterday after being lucky with a Xavius PUG and barely notice the speed increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    By the way... speaking of other MMOs. Did you notice that two more popular MMOs recently added flight to their game? And did you know that some MMOs out there already had flight from the start, even with combat? So no matter how you want to twist and turn it, flight is "wildly popular" in a lot of games to the majority of people playing it... no matter how bad some players and even some developers think flight might be to the game (it's not).
    Must have something to do with the ancient dream of mankind to soar the skies...
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-10-06 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Legion alpha showed it was a fail design and it is proven to be true on the live client. I as a customer refuse to be a tester for Blizzard' idea that already failed in WoD for Legion. Flying is that important and integral to the sub systems and overall game world interaction IMVHO.
    Thats entirely opinion based tho. I was in both Alpha and Beta, you know? To me it worked pretty good. Granted, maybe there was some kind of a story-problem and i did not dive my head into Suramar at all on either period, buuuut... Yea, this "fail design" is not a fail design. Its you who refuses to use the other options. Legion has enough problems to sing about but at no point have been there, brooding "Woe is me! I have to ride!". Would it be easier to reach places with a flying mount? Yea. Are there places i would like to visit that i can't because of the lack of a flying mount? Absolutely. But... in no way have i at any single given point throughout leveling with 3 Characters and sending my Holy-Paladin through the entire monstrosity that is Suramar felt like no-flying is a dealbreaker. The only point in which i missed it was when i died in Suramar's Elite-Area and had to get my body back as a Ghost.

So, don't declare it a fact that it was "a fail design" when it simply isn't a fact at all.

I just can't even anymore. You are even dismissing people who played the final beta build that went live because they didn't give Blizzard money. Seriously... you seriously expect people to give money to a company they feel has ruined a game they enjoy... or they can't say the game they enjoyed was ruined for them?

I... just... can't..... even.... ugh.
    Theeey probably don't? Blizzard that is. They likely made this decision with some reasoning... as ridiclouse as that sounds - even to me who has witnessed.... a lot of INTERESTING choices throughout 12 years, but... Yea. They were aware they would piss a group of people off with it and where willing to make sacrifices...

The final beta is not exactly like the release tho, but let's not nitpick. If you played the Beta then thats fair. Nobody was talking about people having played the last releases of that anyway i believe, but about the people that scream bloody murder because "OH NO, NO FLYING" without having even tested nor played Legion in any form. So, no offense, but don't try to force yourself into the line of fire just so you "can't even ugh".
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-10-06 at 12:07 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.