Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Why so elitist.

Why do you not want more people to enjoy this god forsaken game?
    Sure they can enjoy it. Just realise the greater rewards come from the harder and more challenging content.

It'd actually be pretty funny (and I'd welcome myself to using them, even) if LFR versions of raids gave lesser titles. Like, what I mean in theory is if there's "Kingslayer", for example, the LFR version would be "Attempted Kingslayer" or "Defender of a Shattered World" would be "Observer of a Shattered World", you could really have fun with that. They could do things like that for all difficulties. For Emerald Nightmare? "The Sleeper". For Nighthold "Vengeance Discarnate"

I don't think the main incentive to enter LFR should be gearing up, but sightseeing and transmog, pet and mount collecting.

You can say the same about people who have more than 4 hours a day to play the game wanting all the rewards for everything.
    You can pug a full EN clear in 2 hours with a mediocre group. Keep digging for excuses for doing the absolute minimum. I raid with a guy that plays for 2 hours max on raid nights and we cleared 13/13 with no issue. If you want to raid, or do anything for that matter, you can do it with time constraints very easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It'd actually be pretty funny (and I'd welcome myself to using them, even) if LFR versions of raids gave lesser titles. Like, what I mean in theory is if there's "Kingslayer", for example, the LFR version would be "Attempted Kingslayer" or "Defender of a Shattered World" would be "Observer of a Shattered World", you could really have fun with that. They could do things like that for all difficulties. For Emerald Nightmare? "The Sleeper". For Nighthold "Vengeance Discarnate"
    Nah. Get good and get the real titles.

Or the "Almost a raider but not quite there yet" title.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You can pug a full EN clear in 2 hours with a mediocre group. Keep digging for excuses for doing the absolute minimum. I raid with a guy that plays for 2 hours max on raid nights and we cleared 13/13 with no issue. If you want to raid, or do anything for that matter, you can do it with time constraints very easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. Get good and get the real titles.
    aaaaaand again with the negative ass attitude. You couldn't even partake in a little joke without exuding that.

You'd seriously be bothered by that when there exists achievements for getting enough pairs of clothes?

Just realise that you get no rewards unless you dedicate a good chunk of your life to the game okie
    Well Mythic has been cleared in less than a day. Would hardly call that needing to dedicate a good chunk of life to the game. Also yes correct. You want to partake in greater rewards then be prepared to put more time in to achieve that reward. Like nearly every RPG both single and multiplayer.

aaaaaand again with the negative ass attitude. You couldn't even partake in a little joke without exuding that.
    Because I've no time for your silliness?
    Nah, hard pass.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd seriously be bothered by that when there exists achievements for getting enough pairs of clothes?
    I'm not bothered by it.
    I just disagree that it should exist.

There are enough titles for your joke/casual/cosmetic achievements. Use one of those instead. You want the raid title, do the raid that rewards the title.

2 solid hours is a lot of time for people with responsibilities outside of video games. It's nice that you're willing to carry people but not everyone is lucky enough to be carried through things.
    Who said we carry him? He pulls his own weight quite fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    So, Nighthold LFR dropps 845, and normal drops 875. LFR truly has become optional for raiders, even with tier and trinkets back in it.

Do you think with occasional WF/TF the lower ilvl is justified? I certainly won't waste my time in it anymore, rather farm some herbs for gold and buy the runes off the AH.
    But, LFR should be optional. It grants you intro gear, as it should. And with the now and then procs, that is just a fair reward.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because I've no time for your silliness?
    Nah, hard pass.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not bothered by it.
    I just disagree that it should exist.
    If it were up to me, there'd be a ton of titles. If anything, titles are kind of wasted. That's like mega-easy content to add. Especially compared to mounts, pets, and the like. Thousands of them! More variety! More things for people to have next to their name. Fuck, anything that allows more customization would be great.

It's called entitlement.
    A bit like when the try hard heroic raiders that aint good enough for mythic want everything taken away from others because they(you) think they should be the only ones 'entitled' to it....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    People need it because people want to compete with raiders without raiding. I'm sure that makes sense somehow.
    The whole point of mmo's is character progression.

Gating that behind only raiding leaves those time restricted one's and those who don't want to raid out of it. That is not good nor smart game design. Not that I care about lfr as I only do each wing once for the achievements, but I'm simply pointing this out. Maybe it makes makes more sense to you now?

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    A bit like when the try hard heroic raiders that aint good enough for mythic want everything taken away from others because they(you) think they should be the only ones 'entitled' to it....
    Yall sure do like to make assumptions.
    I haven't set foot in a raid this expansion. In no expansion prior have I ever coveted a title enough to cry and whine to get the prereq lowered. I run around with the valentine's day title, lol.
    And again, my guild has historically cleared every expansion (save mop) at it's highest difficulty as current content. I cba about titles, but I think that hard content should offer exclusive rewards. Whether or not I actively participate in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    While there's still plenty of time for it to be changed before the Nighthold actually opens, it wouldn't surprise me if it was on purpose to dissuade the hardcore crowd from yelling about how it's mandatory for them to do it all because tier pieces drop there. With an ilvl difference that big, it's probably still better to keep your higher ilvl pieces in multiple slots than to take a 30+ ilvl hit to get that tier piece equipped instead, so I can definitely see this being intentional.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was increased slightly before the raid launches though.
    Hardcore crowd will just say it's mandatory because it gives decent artifact power...

I just think people should be able to compete at top lvls without pouring hours into the game, skill should be what determines whether you get shiny shit not the amount of spare time you have.
    And you need no skill to do LFR, so very little shiny shit. Et voila.

I just think people should be able to compete at top lvls without pouring hours into the game, skill should be what determines whether you get shiny shit not the amount of spare time you have.
    But LFR isn't a top level nor does it take a large amount of skill to complete. By that logic we should make LFR on par with Mythic raiding difficulty wise.

I got an 885 TF Bloodthirsty Instinct from LFR the other day.

Base Ilvl is honestly pointless. People seem to keep forgetting stuff can WF and TF proc. And as it stands I get more WF procs than non WF proc gear, and occasional TF procs.

I just wish the LFR hunter set wasn't so fucking beautiful...

LFR isn't competing at top lvl though

Mythic/rated pvp is

That's why you'd get the cool looking gear and better titles

- - - Updated - - -

Refer to above.

You'd get the gear to do mythic from what ever the fuck you want

but to finish mythic you'd need skill and team work.
    I mean, exactly.... why are we going around in a circle?
    LFR doesn't take anything to do, so rewards little
    Mythic/gladiator does, rewards more. That's exactly it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    I got an 885 TF Bloodthirsty Instinct from LFR the other day.

Base Ilvl is honestly pointless. People seem to keep forgetting stuff can WF and TF proc. And as it stands I get more WF procs than non WF proc gear, and occasional TF procs.
    You're making me want to do lfr on my hunter