Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ele = Healing Surge Spam

How did you do it? The ones who leveled as an ele .. How can you stand what seems like never ending spam of healing surge after each pull ...

Would it been too much to add a feature that buffed Healing Surge when used on self after killing a mob?

This build is the bastard child of WoW ..

I did level as elemental for the first two (2) levels
    and then switched to enhancement until I reach lvl 110
    At least we have that option..

Its the same for shadow priest and alot of ranged class for leveling...

During my leveling as an elem healing surge was an actual part of my rotation.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had that issue as well, except I leveled as Enhancement. I feel like while leveling, any and all extra Maelstrom that was not being spent on Stormstrike procs (and some that SHOULD have been) was spent on Healing Surge because of how squishy I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    During my leveling as an elem healing surge was an actual part of my rotation.

I laughed from pure sadness if that makes any sense .. Its so true .. I need to always heal as part of my DPS rotation ....

HOW? HOW can game designers FUQ up so bad when the fix is so simple .. I mean even WW monks get a way to heal up after each kill ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled as ele, been my main ever since. Was so disgusted that I didn't do a thing on my ele for 2 weeks, and went on to level my affliction lock. Dot up everything in a zone and then watch a movie with nice legs online. Got me an enhance offspec for the world quests, but meanwhile have enough gear on my ele that it's not too bad to solo stuff.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    How did you do it? The ones who leveled as an ele .. How can you stand what seems like never ending spam of healing surge after each pull ...

Would it been too much to add a feature that buffed Healing Surge when used on self after killing a mob?

This build is the bastard child of WoW ..
    You must've done something wrong then. Leveling as elemental wasn't hard at all. Might be easier as Enh or another class, but that didn't make it hard in the first place.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    How can you stand what seems like never ending spam of healing surge after each pull ...
    Easy, I ran out of mana after like 4 casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You must've done something wrong then. Leveling as elemental wasn't hard at all. Might be easier as Enh or another class, but that didn't make it hard in the first place.
    I can't recall any real downtime or struggle while leveling as elemental either.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
    I can't recall any real downtime or struggle while leveling as elemental either.
    Only things that killed me were fall damage from overzealous Gust of Wind'ing....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Thunderstorm + Earth Grab Totem + Icefury works good for me... I'm leveling my Shaman and thats a good way to keep them away, at least for melee enemies...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same for almost all casters except maybe Locks. SPriests and Mages (mages eat of course) have to heal up after big pulls too.

CC. Lots of CC and healing surge. Lightning surge totem and hex are pretty useful. Earth ele actually came in handy for that oh shit i pulled 3 things. Frost shock spam as you kite to get that little bit of mana for another healing surge. But at least rare spawns were easy with fire ele and ascendance which was the only plus. It was pretty bad but then again were complete trash leveling in WoD too. Maybe next xpac we won't be completely under powered for no reason at all.

Shamans tend to be a bit... repetitive when it comes to things. Healing Surge spam is your best friend as Enhancer or Elemental AND as Resto LOL

Believe me, we can be happy that we've got Healing Surge and can buff it through the artifact. Other classes have horrible self healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappsz View Post
    CC. Lots of CC and healing surge. Lightning surge totem and hex are pretty useful. Earth ele actually came in handy for that oh shit i pulled 3 things. Frost shock spam as you kite to get that little bit of mana for another healing surge. But at least rare spawns were easy with fire ele and ascendance which was the only plus. It was pretty bad but then again were complete trash leveling in WoD too. Maybe next xpac we won't be completely under powered for no reason at all.
    Its all about skillz... ele skillz.
    Only us skilled playerz play ele, no one shot rush or aoe spinnz needed for us.

Jokes aside, gotta work on your CC and kiting. I enjoy it to be honest.

use a healing follower during leveling, easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    use a healing follower during leveling, easy
    Very unreliable.

you have a healer that can heal you to full every two minutes or an npc that can dmg and heal you every 1.30mins...how is that not reliable?

I actually leveled Resto. I could not stand elemental. I would rather kills things slower than seeing red flashes of near death every time I pulled more than 1 mob. Even at 110, when I do WQ's as elemental, more than 1 mob is painful. You can call it lack of skill or whatever but the fact is, ele is so far below other dps classes for general play. I see all the other classes rip through mass mob pulls all the time. I just spam healing surge trying not to die. Resto, it is slower but it is hard to die. Not a fan of mele so I don't play enh.

Deleted
    Just buy fighter chow on any alt you level. Makes it easy. Elemental or not.