Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Neither has Deathwing, like arthas, the whole expansion was focused on him, ending with his death, the only thing we see of Deathwing onwards is his past, like with Arthas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keal'thas is back?
    Yea. Tempest Keep was merely a setback.

Vanceef is back?
    Nope but his daughter is. Not complete comes back but... even his daughter made comes back in Legion.

Ragnaros is back?
    Did you played Cataclysm? I'm doubt.

kael'thas never died in tempest keep, we left him there barely alive, then priestess delrissa brought him back up to his feet.
    we finished him off in magisters' terrace.
    And? I mean "comes back" still had place.

OP - I think we will see Arthas's comes back at some point in future. It will be good Arthas (not new baddy). Either its will be AU Arthas or (more likely) we will meet him in Shadowlands (Void expansion).

If there ever is an expansion, where the theme would really fit, I am sure they bring him back in one way or another.
    I could really live without that, his storyarc was well done and restarting it can only hurt it, but blizzard cant really resist the temptation to do so it seems.
    In the case of Illidan, I dont really have a problem with them bringing him back, since his storyline got butchered somewhat in bc. Doesnt look like they will improve on that so far, but hey, time will tell I guess.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    We killed him (on Azeroth).
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Being killed in the Firelands was the only way to kill him.
    Consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but Kael didn't die in Tempest Keep. Him appearing later is like using Tirion's Gambit quest or Wrathgate as examples of Arthas being "brought back".

Nope but his daughter is. Not complete comes back but... even his daughter made comes back in Legion.
    And this is like saying that Arthas was brought back because there's another Lich King in his place.

Did you played Cataclysm? I'm doubt.
    And unlike Arthas at ICC, Ragnaros did not die in Molten Core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    When we defeated Kael in TK and took one of his orbs to A'dal, Kael announces to everyone in Shat that he survived the encounter. Amazing how after 10 years people still don't know this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i could see him being brought back as a DK follower later down the line, but he would pretty much be brought back for his knowledge only.

It WOULD make for an interesting story though if Jaina goes down the void path, causing a reversal of roles between her and a regretful Arthas. At least at the end of said story they can both be (damned) together.

His story is finished, they did a good job, bringing him back wouldnt serve the story at all.

Im not a huge fan of bringing back illidan, but i understand why they are, they fucked him up, BC story sucked, they botched illidan by making him a derpy super villain when he was always an anti hero, i see it as more redemption for the story than redemption for him, though if they turn him into a goody good child of light i will be dissappointed, we dont need purple messiah.

Warlords of draenor was a problem too, they brought back all the super interesting orc warchiefs only to make them raid bosses and have us slaughter them all. the story could have been so much more.

They botched kael too imo, he was never a villain, then he turns into a cackling maniac out of nowhere. Still disappointed with what they did to him. My least favorite was Zul'jin, but i understand why they killed him off, that was at least in character, him hating the elves and all...

If they bring back anyone though, i want it to be zuljin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Keal'thas is back?
    Vanceef is back?
    Ragnaros is back?
    Etc. There are many things we kill which don't come back.
    we faced Keal 2 times now
    the same with ragnaros
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    It's weird. Arthas is the one lore figure that blizzard has refused to resurrect or bring back. Was Arthas' death different from other lore figures?
    Arthas was promoted from undead to full dead.
    Now that he has no regrets and is not burdened by the weight of the living, he can dedicate himself completely to finding a way to help you regain your memory, so you don't have to ask questions like these.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

OMG, why all this. Arthas became a DK and died. You cant rez someone that was already a DK! Otherwise we would rez them over and over and over and over again. DK get a second life and die period!

Simple Reasons: 1) His story ended in a satisfying way. Kind of. Ignore the new Lich King. Eeewgh.

2) Where would he fit in? As a revived human Prince, with no kingdom? That might be cool. Mercenary Prince Arthas. Or would he challenge Sylvanas for ascendancy of the Forsaken? Or start a new kingdom? Or.......

Actually......I'm liking this idea. So many possibruities.

It's been like four years since his soul went to Undead Hell, chances are we couldn't bring him back if we wanted to.

Being raised as an undead seems to lock you out of the "normal" after life and means dying basically leaves your soul vulnerable to the Void, which would most likely have eaten his soul by now, or at the very least put it somewhere we can't get to it. Sylvanas, Marrowgar and Arthas have all said they saw "only darkness" when they died/were dying as undead. To my knowledge, no non-undead character has ever said this.

The only reason Sylvanas was spared that fate the two times she died was that she was resurrected almost instantly each time she was killed (post-banshee).

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Keal'thas is back?
    Vanceef is back?
    Ragnaros is back?
    Etc. There are many things we kill which don't come back.
    Kael and Ragnaros did come back..

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    It's been like four years since his soul went to Undead Hell, chances are we couldn't bring him back if we wanted to.

Being raised as an undead seems to lock you out of the "normal" after life and means dying basically leaves your soul vulnerable to the Void, which would most likely have eaten his soul by now, or at the very least put it somewhere we can't get to it. Sylvanas, Marrowgar and Arthas have all said they saw "only darkness" when they died/were dying as undead. To my knowledge, no non-undead character has ever said this.

The only reason Sylvanas was spared that fate the two times she died was that she was resurrected almost instantly each time she was killed (post-banshee).
    Also because the Valkyr's took her spot instead. Like a trade one sould for another. That's why sylvannas is looking for new Valkyr's

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Kael and Ragnaros did come back..
    They did not died, they were defeted.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    OMG, why all this. Arthas became a DK and died. You cant rez someone that was already a DK! Otherwise we would rez them over and over and over and over again. DK get a second life and die period!
    Darion Morgraine in the DK Order Hall campaign begs to differ

Kael'thas was not dead, he died at magister's terrace, the "global plan" was only the fact he planned to open the way to Kill'Jaeden.

Ragnaros was not dead in Molten Core, he was only weakened, he died in his plan, in the Firelands.

This is not a comeback, because they weren't dead at first.

Vanessa VanCleef make a comeback though.

In the case of Illidan, after all he done by absorbing demon's souls, and the skull of Gul'dan, he became a demon himself, so, his body his maybe dead, but his soul still persist, so this is not a comeback too.

Arthas is dead, and i think it's better to him to remain dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because he is dead. His story is over.

From lore/story wise... it played out the way it needed and among the many lore characters who (A) died and were brought back or (B) "died" and brought "back" to be redeemed... his needed to end the way it did.

From an in-game perspective... his story was essential for setting up WoW as an MMORPG. To set up the Scourge, to establish the Burning Legion as major players as well as the Lich King as a major player, to toss up the game's major races/factions enough to get them ready as playable factions/races in WoW.

He will go down as one of the most important, favorite, and evil characters in the game's universe as long as he stays dead.

Because, as king terenas said to arthas before he died "No king rules forever".

Arthas reigned, he was a good lore figure, he fell into shadow, we had to kill him, the end. Bring in the new LK, and expand on his lore, DONE!

Arthas will never return, once he's dead, he's GONE! Unless they have a reason to bring him back, he'll come back, but because he was a badass lore guy that had his reign in the spotlight as a villain already, he's truely dead. Arthas died on his plain, he's in a tomb somewhere, the end.

And as for vancleef, kael, and rag:

Kael'thas didn't die, he just got fucked up by his own magic spell, which fucked up not just his body, but his mind. We kill him in magisters terrace.

Rag didn't die. Infact, he wasn't even using his full powerful when we fought him. Saying that we killed rag in MC is like saying "Oh yah, kil'jaeden is dead, since we fought and killed his half at the sunwell", it makes zero sense. They were not dead, but pushed back. And besides, their death is useless you kill them in their own plain.

And as for vancleef, vanessa might want revenge, but as of now, she's my bitch rogue follower at my orderhall. So..yah...she's useless. Infact, she's just as useless as the new LK! She's broken, trapped, and weak af towards us, but still acts like she's in command...somewhat.

He was already ruined in WotLK. Let him rest.

Bring arthas back would be very controversial unlike illidan he was treated as a bad guy when he was really just a crazy dude wanting to destroy the legion but doing bad shit, arthas even if blizzard wanted to redeem him as a champion against the void lords in the shadowlands who will follow him? Absolute no one, even the scourge with bolvar at charge would kill him at spot maybe calia can help him but i don't see any reason to bring him back without anyone wanted to kill him at sight