Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Perhaps you are not as knowledgeable about a skybox as you might think you are. I can jump from Dalaran, glide over Suramar, past the great sea, and into Azsuna. Conversely, I can glide the other way and make it pretty close to High Mountain. There is no phasing issue, at least not what we saw in Cata with CRZ. You need to stop pretending that your OPINION is fact... because it is not, and your credibility (if it is not already gone) is faiding rapidly with people who know what they are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

More importantly, there are botters using a flight exploit, and they seem to have no issues. I don't want to know how it is done since I am not a cheater, nor is it appropriate to discuss here, but this is just another example of Mafic and Quras spreading mis-truths about what it takes to add flight to Legion.
    dude what he say is the true, blizzard had to delay flying in wod to correct many bugs don't you remember?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Flight requires months off testing as previous beta testing periods of BC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP all showed. And also WoD showed it also required extensive testing because of bugs related to garrisons and flight interaction as players were being instantly dismounted. Very similar to the phasing bug in MoP where you were instantly dismounted crossing from one phasing zone to another (which also causes problems for Rogue stealth).

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is as I have pointed out is that for flight to be tested and to be ready for 7.2 the window of time is coming near. Especially if we assume that 7.2 will be out this late spring/early summer which seems reasonable time table given how it transpired in WoD for patch 6.2. Also don't forget that the first official raid tier is coming early 2017 which will be on the heels off the release of patch 7.1.

I am not sure why people keep insinuating or keep saying outright that is conspiracy talk as I am using past precedence on making an educated guess on future possibilities. If patch 7.2 releases around where I think it will be in the middle of 2017 or shortly before the middle of the year, then testing of major features, including flight will require at minimum 2 months. It might be less than even one month but that is optimistic. That is optimistic because Legion Broken Isles has so much phasing that it is used far more than MoP or even WoD that it will cause problems for flying in a continuous world. We see this already on live client with CRZ bugging out on many realms, so yes it is not a simple flip of the switch which is why when Blizzard says it takes time to bring flight back in WoD I believed what Blizz said at face value. What they could have done though is not having to wait till merc mode is ready and to deploy flight patch a month earlier as it was ready by August.

Blizzard now has the technology to push out builds and hotfixes frequently without needing to wait for a major patch to bundle it all together. So flying in Legion should arrive on schedule, but that presumes that testing starts on schedule.

We will have to wait and be patient IMVHO.
    don't mind them they are the epitome of fanboy every thing you say that may hurt blizzard pride will make you one their enemy.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2016-10-08 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    lol...

It is a small sample but i know 4 people who play and they all would like flying back. With how annoying WQ are i would be willing to bet plenty of people do now. It is absurd to think that people wanting it back don't play the game.
    I think the poster in question is talking about players like me who are sitting this expansion out thus far. But yes there are players that currently play that want flying back now as they see the gating of flying beyond the one month mark of Legion as pointless.

Here are the threads on the WoW NA official forums that are currently active as of Oct 8th, 2016:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749875130
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749884844

I think the poster in question is talking about players like me who are sitting this expansion out thus far. But yes there are players that currently play that want flying back now as they see the gating of flying beyond the one month mark of Legion as pointless.
    Yeah it looks like it will be the WoD fiasco all over again. They sould just set a date and stick with it. I fully expect them to string people along again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah it looks like it will be the WoD fiasco all over again. They sould just set a date and stick with it. I fully expect them to string people along again.
    I have suggested that as much several times only to be called a tin foil hat wearer haha as the current trajectory of flight in Legion is as close of a dumpster fire as it was WoD with the only difference being part 1 is available at launch. To me pointing to past behavior as possible future behavior seems reasonable but I do not discuss too deeply that angle of the topic anymore because this is a lesson some players have to learn on their own.

What I am more concerned about, which I was pointing out in WoD beta, was the lack of testing for flight in beta or even patch 6.1 when that patch was on the PTR. Again, I was called a tin foil hat wearer, but I didn't have any evidence to back it up then. Now? Based on what happened in WoD and how the testing of flight was handled I am sticking to my gut instincts and saying that for flying to be available by "mid expansion" aka around summer of 2017 that testing of flight ideally should commence in Spring 2017 or even early summer of 2017.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Lol, now not only you are arrogantly ignorant but it's also getting ironic.

First of all I ain't have to agree with anyone. Nor anyone has to agree with me. You are not talking to all people at once, when you reply to me - you reply to me and me alone, when I reply to you it's just ME replying to you and only to YOU. I'm not talking for everybody and you are not talking to everybody using me as a proxy.

Secondly, I'm not in disagreement with Mafic, he says a feature has to be tested, I say the feature has to be tested.

Thirdly, you say the feature doesn't need to be tested and can just be enabled. This is the answer to your question of which one of us (including you) is wrong - it's you. And I already explained why. So if you want to understand why- read my previous replies to you. If you still don't understand - that's your problem, I'm not here to be a good teacher.
    So first you call me arrogant and ignorant, then you act arrogant and ignorant. I can see we're done here. Flight will be back at some point. Enjoy the game in the meantime.

- - - Updated - - -

So it would appear they don't need to test. According to Blizz, they already have the design in place and will offer plenty of notice for when to expect it. Looks like 7.2 is more likely at this point:

Originally Posted by Watcher
    Let me try to clear things up a bit, since I realize a single achievement out of context isn't exactly informative.

Overall, this is consistent with the plans we announced last year when we added the original Draenor Pathfinder achievement in 6.2.2, and hopefully does not come as a surprise. The underlying philosophy here is: explore and master the outdoor world on the ground, in order to unlock the ability to soar above it freely. This time around, since we have our design in place from the start of the expansion, we want to give players as much advance notice as possible, and allow everyone who cares deeply about unlocking flight to understand the requirements and begin progressing towards them immediately.

I can't give a detailed estimate of exactly when the next step will unlock. We have a solid patch plan in the works, but we need to remain flexible to adapt to player needs once the expansion launches, and there's no way to even hint at a date without it sounding like a promise. That said, I can say that Part One should represent a significant majority of the total effort required to ultimately unlock flight. Patch content will see players adventuring within new parts of the Broken Isles, and there will likely be one or two additional criteria associated with that content. At that point, players will unlock the ability to fly throughout the Broken Isles.

Finally, I've seen some concern about rep "grinding" associated with this achievement. All of the referenced reputations are earned by doing level-up quests and world quests associated with those factions throughout the Broken Isles. There are no mob-grinding components to any of these reputations. Frankly, the Legion Pathfinder achievement was much easier to design than Draenor Pathfinder was, simply because we have much more outdoor world content in Legion.
    - SOURCE on Battle.Net

There ya go Fliers... dispute that.

So first you call me arrogant and ignorant, then you act arrogant and ignorant. I can see we're done here. Flight will be back at some point. Enjoy the game in the meantime.
    enjoy the game don't mean avoid any criticism over blizzard vision accepting what they say like Moses receiving the ten commandments, you are unable to accept that for some peoples no fly is a deal breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

If there were invisible walls and death drops, people with gliders and whistles would already be screaming. Also, flight paths already encompass more than 30% of the sky above the zones. The only reason PTR was an excuse last time was to buy them time. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I can't speak for Legion but...
    I did play PTR 6.2 to test flying, there were tons of bugs where you got dismounted and fell at random spots all over in every zone in draenor. Flying is not the glider, there are invisible trigger zone when the game count you as indoor and dismount you, gliders are unaffected by this, since you can use them indoors as well.
    I do know for a fact the Legion has bugs like these effecting even ground mounts still in highmountain where you can ride inside caves you still get dismounted as you enter them. No big deal since you can just mount up again. Not the same if it would happen when you fly over the mountain tho.

TLDR: Its not "flying" as a function that needs testing, its the zones compatibility with flying.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not acting arrogant nor ignorant, lol. First of all I know what I'm talking about. Secondly I know that you don't know shit. Thirdly, I know that you know that you don't know shit.

So it would appear they don't need to test. According to Blizz, they already have the design in place and will offer plenty of notice for when to expect it.
    Design is just design, it's got to be implemented and then TESTED.

There ya go Fliers... dispute that.
    Dispute what exactly?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    holy crap i cant believe this post is still growing lol
    That is interesting that you bring that up and I am also glad that you did/

I do have a lot of posts in this thread (791 which is good for #2 overall). The 791 posts of mine out of the 11,380 replies is still a very, very tiny contribution on my part to the point of insignificance.

But what is significant is the passion players have for flying that simply outweighs the supposed passion Blizzard has for a world without fliying. So, lets examine this more deeply:

Fun of flying around:

This is what makes flying the most important to me as it is fun flying around and interacting with a three dimensional world and even discovering new places on top of mountain tops, fjords, glaciers, outcrops, basins, canyons, meandering rivers, braided rivers, coastal inlets, wetlands like meadows, or even a simple plain covered with wild flowers as you fly over. I like exploring with ground and flying mounts because each allows you to see different perspectives that you miss if you only do it one way. Removing flying is like tying on hand behind your back as an explorer. And all explorers knows that to fully experience something you need both hands to be in use.

Flying as a means of accomplishing deterministic goals

The beauty of flying to accomplish goals per play session is invaluable from being able to work on profession gathering, dailies, or even just helping friends out with world bosses as an example. Throw in some unplanned PVP or just helping a guild member out becomes very rewarding when you don't feel that you have to sink and entire days worth of play when you can accomplish the same in a fraction of the time. The best part of flying and still accomplishing things in a reasonable time frame is you avoid burn out and re-ignites a passion for your gameplay when you have a tangible reward to work towards that doesn't involve queues for instanced content or waiting around in Dalaran or any other capital city. Who pays to play exclusively a lobby game in a MMORPG?

Replay value on alts

There are times when working on an alt you want to progress with different goals in mind for alts than your main. Maybe on your main you are exploring or even working on gathering professions. But on your alts you want to work on crafting professions and are not interested in exploration. This is the choice that flying provides as it bypasses content to be consumed again at the players choosing and also keeps the game fresh when the player becomes nostalgic about it at a later date.

Flying as a social tool

As the Legion pre patch showed the spirit of players helping each other with flying mounts or going in unison to objectives with flying mounts brought back the magic of MMORPG play all due to flying mounts and world events. That is invaluable to the health of the community and MMORPG community when players can step up and help each other out when one player lacks a flying mount but another can offer them a ride. The game needs less divisions and more unifying principles and flying has always been a unifying principle in WoW until it was made a problem by Blizzard themselves.

Flying as a tool for players leveling to endcap

Many players that do not stick around with WoW till endcap site the lack of help for leveling players to reach endgame. Flying was used in the past as a tool to help players catchup but now with increasing gating that is becoming less likely as each expansion progresses. The most restrictive part of the previous model for new players was the gold cost, but beyond that even a new player could reasonably accomplish this. WoD pathfinder and Legion pathfinder represents a shift that future new players or returning players will find a tough roadblock to overcome and may not bother with the new endgame in future expansions.

What does flying in Legion mean?

*It turns the optional world quests as something a player can still do even if the reward isn't high, because the travel time is no longer a factor. Currently, players are just cherry picking the world quests that offer the best rewards/upgrades and ignore all others due to travel time and the cool down on the flight whistle.

*Alt progressing for gathering professions which are RNG now, and the flight eases the tension with RNG as have more rolls in a give time frame by becoming a much more efficient gatherer.

*Artifact grind is lessened and ensures players do not feel punished for playing alts. Increased activity of alts promotes healthy queue system and also more people out in the world helping each other for world quests more frequently. Currently players tag a mob and then use flight whistle to vanish into thin air which is the anti thesis of what a MMORPG stands for.

Legion flying is going to be a positive once added like it was in WoD. If the delay is too long though then the damage done will be lasting.

I'm not a fan of no flying, kinda like having a choice in how I play and get around but there is an upside, I get those use my two favorite mounts all the time...swift zulian tiger and argent charger.

Fun of flying around:

This is what makes flying the most important to me as it is fun flying around and interacting with a three dimensional world and even discovering new places on top of mountain tops, fjords, glaciers, outcrops, basins, canyons, meandering rivers, braided rivers, coastal inlets, wetlands like meadows, or even a simple plain covered with wild flowers as you fly over. I like exploring with ground and flying mounts because each allows you to see different perspectives that you miss if you only do it one way. Removing flying is like tying on hand behind your back as an explorer. And all explorers knows that to fully experience something you need both hands to be in use.
    [u][B]

Flying as a social tool

As the Legion pre patch showed the spirit of players helping each other with flying mounts or going in unison to objectives with flying mounts brought back the magic of MMORPG play all due to flying mounts and world events. That is invaluable to the health of the community and MMORPG community when players can step up and help each other out when one player lacks a flying mount but another can offer them a ride. The game needs less divisions and more unifying principles and flying has always been a unifying principle in WoW until it was made a problem by Blizzard themselves.
    [U][B]
    Nice post, saved some memories from them times.

large version: http://www.zalamander.se/flying.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    enjoy the game don't mean avoid any criticism over blizzard vision accepting what they say like Moses receiving the ten commandments, you are unable to accept that for some peoples no fly is a deal breaker.
    I was just smiling and wishing them enjoyment as I go to log back in and play a game I've enjoyed for a decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    I can't speak for Legion but...
    I did play PTR 6.2 to test flying, there were tons of bugs where you got dismounted and fell at random spots all over in every zone in draenor. Flying is not the glider, there are invisible trigger zone when the game count you as indoor and dismount you, gliders are unaffected by this, since you can use them indoors as well.
    I do know for a fact the Legion has bugs like these effecting even ground mounts still in highmountain where you can ride inside caves you still get dismounted as you enter them. No big deal since you can just mount up again. Not the same if it would happen when you fly over the mountain tho.

TLDR: Its not "flying" as a function that needs testing, its the zones compatibility with flying.
    I am done with this circular argument. If I even attempt to add logic or bring a rebuttal, it will simply once again be dragged into a circular argument. So, instead, I am walking away and predicting 7.2 as the release for flight, instead of 7.1. Apparently, even being the OPTIMIST around these people gets you attacked. I am beginning to think they don't like the game at all and are just here looking for a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Dispute what exactly?
    Absolutely nothing. I will let you, Mafic, and Quras go back to agreeing with one another and attacking Pro and Anti fliers alike simply because their optimism, or pessimism is just not within your scope of understanding or appreciation. Excuse me. I have a game to log into and a character to enjoy. Have a great afternoon.

I am done with this circular argument. If I even attempt to add logic or bring a rebuttal, it will simply once again be dragged into a circular argument. So, instead, I am walking away and predicting 7.2 as the release for flight, instead of 7.1. Apparently, even being the OPTIMIST around these people gets you attacked. I am beginning to think they don't like the game at all and are just here looking for a fight.
    I'm sorry if my explanation upsets you but its just how it was. I'm just trying to help you not making a fool of your self by claiming flying didn't need any testing in draenor. Since such a statement is pure bullshit some one completely clueless would spew out only. Nowhere was I talking about 7.1 or 7.2.

Wrath beta had places where you would fall to your death on a flying mount, and that was an expac designed to give players flying after 2/3 of the leveling process. Those kind of glitches will always exist and need to be found and fixed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Wrath beta had places where you would fall to your death on a flying mount, and that was an expac designed to give players flying after 2/3 of the leveling process. Those kind of glitches will always exist and need to be found and fixed.
    Well there you have it. No flight until at least 7.2. Guess the 4 of you can take a few months and enjoy something different. Blizz hasn't even acknowledged this thread, so I suppose we are all just spinning our wheels regardless of our feelings about flight. I'm just thankful that I am not allowing a travel mechanic to ruin my experience.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me. I have a game to log into and a character to enjoy.
    You do that, and keep doing that every time you feel the urge to come here to post some more nonsense. Even though it bumps the thread, it doesn't really add anything constructive.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    You do that, and keep doing that every time you feel the urge to come here to post some more nonsense. Even though it bumps the thread, it doesn't really add anything constructive.
    The same could be said of most of your posts. You make the same weak arguments for flight, seldom offer anything new or constructive, and are quick to insult those with opposing views. Conversations like these are exactly the reason why Blizz avoids this topic like a duck near a gator filled lake. So, since flight apparently requires extensive testing and such, and 7.1 has no mention of the testing requirements, it would appear that there will be no flight until at least 7.2. Which means you, and your companions have about 6 more months of being unsubbed from a game you haven't even purchased, but continue to criticize. I think that about sums it up.

Fuck flying. Ruins more than it helps.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Fuck flying. Ruins more than it helps.
    I disagree. But we all have our own opinions on the subject.

<A lot of stuff went here.>
    As I don't believe Pathfinder 2 will reward flying to begin with (I expect at least a Pathfinder 3 or 4), they COULD possibly sneak in the part 2 achieve even now, but it's definitely getting late. I don't expect a lot of testing will be needed however, as Draenor was started with the premise of no flying ever, and then it was added in later. All the invisible walls and visual tricks they put in previously had to be redone.. this isn't an issue with the broken isles. Flying is already perfectly workable for all those hacking people I see jumping on their mounts and flying around in Stormheim.