Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You are confusing a typical US immigrant with a refugee. Refugees in the US also get quite a lot of help before they start relying on themselves (I just read a story from a homosexual guy from Russia who got asylum in the US and described how the government had been helping him for many months already). But due to the US geographical location, there aren't many refugees here, relative to other immigrants. It is quite hard for a refugee from ME or northern Africa to find a job in a European country, if they don't even know the language yet.
    And what kind of job can you find for a person with next to no education that can't speak the language? Especially in the age of automation...
    It will take years of investing in these people before they even begin to act as functional members of society, and that's if they don't do a 180 against us out of frustration and confusion.
    The bottom line is, they were promised a land where milk and honey flows freely, and when they find out that's no the case, they begin to hate us.

That said, of course, European countries could do a lot more.
    And there it is, the same ol' tired excuse.
    Nobody forced them to move here, they knew the risks and made a decision for it anyway. Why should Europeans bend over backwards, EVEN MORE, for people who don't appreciate it?
    The way I see it, we owe them nothing, and it is their job to make every effort possible to integrate, not the other way around.

And they shouldn't ask, they should demand that the asylum seekers integrate in the society. Mandatory language courses and tests, government-sponsored work, and distributing them in a way that makes them live among Europeans and not their former countrymen - the problem wouldn't exist, if the approach was just a bit more pragmatic!
    We already do all that and more. They just don't want to interact with us because they hold different life views and think almost everything we do is haram.
    Why do you think "refugees" who are given free housing, money and welfare still flock to ME enclaves in Germany or Sweden?
    Because they want to live in a Western Islamic Syria, not Progressive European countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    It is unfortunate that some people feel that way. Sweden took in a lot of refugees so it only makes sense that a higher number of people want to go back and fight. We can't force people to change their ways.
    I think you completely misread the article. They aren't going back to fight for their country. Sweden had produced the largest number of people that are ISIS members etc not people going back after being refugees to take back Syria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    And what kind of job can you find for a person with next to no education that can't speak the language? Especially in the age of automation...
    Yard work/landscaping. Cleaning/Janitorial. Some cooking. Agricultural work (no, machines can't do everything). Fishing.

Just off the top of my head.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Yard work/landscaping. Cleaning/Janitorial. Some cooking. Agricultural work (no, machines can't do everything). Fishing.

They're competing against labor migrants and guest workers with those jobs.

I don't know the numbers, but I believe there were a fairly large number of Vietnamese refugees coming to the US after/during the Vietnam War. Different circumstances and culture ofc, but I wouldn't consider mass refugee migration to 1st world countries a recent phenomenon. And I believe Cubans are essentially considered refugees.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely ignoring the question of illegal immigration or anything related to that, and just looking at "can they get jobs?", there's plenty of Hispanic people in the US who barely speak English with jobs. Might not be high end jobs, but enough to get by.

Language obviously would be a hinderance but certainly not something that's insurmountable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I don't know the numbers, but I believe there were a fairly large number of Vietnamese refugees coming to the US after/during the Vietnam War. Different circumstances and culture ofc, but I wouldn't consider mass refugee migration to 1st world countries a recent phenomenon. And I believe Cubans are essentially considered refugees.
    Not anything close to what Sweden was experiencing last year. If USA were to take refugees at the same rate that Sweden did last year, you would be looking at close to 5.4 million refugees in one year, in contrast the total vietnamese population in USA is 2.1 million according to wikipedia and immigration from that country has been ongoing for quite a while by now. For 2014 you would be looking at about 2 million refugees. Currently you're accepting 70,000 refugees per year if I'm not mistaken.

Not exactly comparable situations.
    Last edited by mmoc1afe70b5e4; 2016-10-09 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    These immigrants are used to hard work, all you have to do is give them a job.
    LOL. Joke of the year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

Completely ignoring the question of illegal immigration or anything related to that, and just looking at "can they get jobs?", there's plenty of Hispanic people in the US who barely speak English with jobs. Might not be high end jobs, but enough to get by.

Language obviously would be a hinderance but certainly not something that's insurmountable.
    USA does not have labor unions with collective wages to the same extent as Sweden though. Their skills are severely lacking compared to Swedes or labor migrants or guest workers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should put sanctions on Sweden until they can clean up their Jihad factory.

The problem is segregation. We inadvertently create "ghettos" where these people feel alienated by society and it becomes a vicious cycle. Those that don't live in ghettos do integrate and become productive, I see this is my small city and in the rest of the country.

The solution is to spread the refugees out, but there are problems; there are few housing-options available, it's mostly large group homes (a breeding ground for segregation) that are available. So we need to build more housing and we need to look at other options. However, that is partly a moot point at the moment as we've closed down our borders now. But we should look into the housing problem.

(Also, the high "jihad export per capita" is to be expected when we also take in the highest amount of refugees per capita)
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Immigration does work if we are talking about people with similiar culture and values.

Immigration does not work if you are taking in people from culture where lives of people mean nothing,women are third grade citizens(after men and animals) and they put religion above all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The problem is segregation. We inadvertently create "ghettos" where these people feel alienated by society and it becomes a vicious cycle. Those that don't live in ghettos do integrate and become productive, I see this is my small city and in the rest of the country.

The solution is to spread the refugees out, but there are problems; there are few housing-options available, it's mostly large group homes (a breeding ground for segregation) that are available. So we need to build more housing and we need to look at other options. However, that is partly a moot point at the moment as we've closed down our borders now. But we should look into the housing problem.

(Also, the high "jihad export per capita" is to be expected when we also take in the highest amount of refugees per capita)
    I take it you're not aware of EBO if you think we can spread them out.

Deleted
    An unfortunate result of self destructive policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    Article 14, as we are denying them protection from persecution if they are sent away.
    But in the case of Exported Jihadist this does not apply. Couple countries simply prevents them from coming back once there is evidence they have went to fight with Isis. I know my country is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I don't recall mass migration in any other civil war in recent history. There has been war in the Middle East my entire life. What is different about this war, this time, that the entire population of a civil war nation needs to be exported? Why is the first time we ever did this now the status quo?
    It's just you who don't recall. I still remember 600k Kurds running to Turkey from Saddam.

Deleted
    I take it you're not aware of EBO if you think we can spread them out.
    Well we need to get rid of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're competing against labor migrants and guest workers with those jobs.
    I'm sure they are, but that wasn't what the question was. The question was, "What kind of job can you find for a person with next to no education that can't speak the language?"

The jobs I listed fit. Your government could always encourage those industries to hire from the refugee population with tax incentives or breaks or something similar.

I don't know, we don't have this issue with refugees or those here on asylum. You're required to work for yourself, or you get deported.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

Many of these positions, simply do not exist.
    Its very expensive employing people in sweden, we lead the world in getting rid of low productivity jobs like that - some whole categories of job's you listed essentially do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So, you had this same issue during the Iraq/US war? During the Iraq/Afghanistan war? During the Iraq/Iran war? I mean this region has been at war my whole life. I'm genuinely curious what causes all this refugee stuff this one time. Maybe this isn't the best place to get an intellectual answer, but I just assumed there would be a known and easily identifiable answer from the people where it is happening. /shrug
    I will answer your question because everyone is hiding behind political correctness.

Europe's population is declining as birth rates nose dives the last 20 years. Look at even the PIGS where they are very Christian oriented nations (eg Catholic) and used to believe in big families with lots of children.

These are the replacements.that they are bringing in with the hopes of shifting them from welfare to workforce.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You are confusing a typical US immigrant with a refugee. Refugees in the US also get quite a lot of help before they start relying on themselves (I just read a story from a homosexual guy from Russia who got asylum in the US and described how the government had been helping him for many months already). But due to the US geographical location, there aren't many refugees here, relative to other immigrants. It is quite hard for a refugee from ME or northern Africa to find a job in a European country, if they don't even know the language yet.

That said, of course, European countries could do a lot more. And they shouldn't ask, they should demand that the asylum seekers integrate in the society. Mandatory language courses and tests, government-sponsored work, and distributing them in a way that makes them live among Europeans and not their former countrymen - the problem wouldn't exist, if the approach was just a bit more pragmatic!
    This would be a good start, for sure.