Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    JJ seemed to be shown to be strong, but still vulnerable to typical injury (she was cut in the hospital for instance).

Mephisto would be an interesting choice to further push the mystical thing, but for the non-comic following folks watching the show, the Defenders would just be fighting the devil, and that doesn't seem like it would be a big pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Heard that Sigourney will either be playing a Genderbent Mephisto, or some avatar/human henchman of his.

If they go with the first it's a bit *Sigh*, if it's the second I'm 100% behind that. Could be a lot of fun.
    Why *sigh*? Getting pissed when they change a character's race or sex is just as stupid as the people who demand that it be done for muh equality. Quality is all that matters and Sigourney Weaver is a talented actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    The only thing i wonder about the Defenders is, how are they going to deal with battles?

Daredevil is the only one who's really Human, and when you compare the series of Daredevil, Luke Cage and JJ, Daredevil's is the only one that holds any weight in conflict because he's shown he's still vulnerable to things and can be bested physically. LC and JJ have super strength and endurance, and while they can't fight as proficiently as IF or DD, it's still a massive advantage which sort of eliminates the tension of a battle. Meanwhile IF has psuedo super strength due to his training, so he can always pull it out as his ace in the hole with fighting.

DD quite literally is the weakest link, yet the only one who can give any real weight to physical conflict.
    I could see DD, Electra, IF in giant ninja kungfu battles, but JJ and LC don't really work there. Totally different style and (though I'm only on ep4 of LC) no link to The Hand or anything. If it's a mystical opponent where willpower means more than physical power, things could be different, but I'd hope to avoid another case of mind controling JJ and/or LC to fight it out.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Heard that Sigourney will either be playing a Genderbent Mephisto, or some avatar/human henchman of his.

If they go with the first it's a bit *Sigh*, if it's the second I'm 100% behind that. Could be a lot of fun.
    I wouldn't care that much if she's Mephisto. Hes appeared as basically everything, even a little girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Why *sigh*? Getting pissed when they change a character's race or sex is just as stupid as the people who demand that it be done for muh equality. Quality is all that matters and Sigourney Weaver is a talented actress.
    I'm not angry, just a little... Disappointed. MarvelFlix have been very comic accurate with the casting up to this point, would be a shame if they fell at the final hurdle.

I mean I'm not going to get all pissy if this is the route they take, and whoever they cast her as I'm sure she's going to nail it. It would just a bit... sad, if they took that route.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Sorry to necro but im pretty sure we can talk JJ s2 in here.

So what did everyone think of it?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I haven't watched it, probably won't for a while. I think there was a JJ thread at one point, long buried I'm sure.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I haven't watched it, probably won't for a while. I think there was a JJ thread at one point, long buried I'm sure.
    I just remember this one being for all the netflix marvel stuff.

I couldn't get all the way through Punisher (Given he was already fully punisher at the end of DD2 season 2...why am watching a bearded frank castle smash wall and hide? Suit him up and have him punish! >.<, and for that reason I don't really have any hype for Jessica Jones.
    It doens't help that Jessica herself is a Marvel character that I just don't give a shit about (What with her being a Bendis era character, I was kind of out of comics by then, and the few times I've seen her she was basically just "luke cage wife". I've read a bit about her, it doesn't make me wanna learn more, sorry to her fans).

That she stayed as a sad sack drunk bitch who refuses to be a hero also grates on me. She's been through 2 shows now, why is she still this angry bitch? Maybe that changes in this show, but three show series to for a bit of character growth? o.O; (I think I also feel jaded from how both Luke Cage and Iron Fist seemed to active refuse to be heroes and suit up)

I dunno, I'm just starting to feel now that Netflix wants to draw people with the marvel license, but doesn't wanna spend the money on the effects for super heroing, so instead we end up mostly with their secret id drama.

Black Lightning is a better attemp at this style, he doens't use his powers much, but at least he suits up all the time, in addition to all the family drama stuff.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I watched like... the first episode of S2, and it wasn't enough to draw me back into it. JJ S1 is probably one of the better shows of the Defenders-verse, and even that one went on for too many episodes.

There was just so much bad in the Defenders & Iron Fist that it left a bad residue in my head that made it tough to give JJ S2 a fair shake. I definitely like how JJ is darker than most of these dime a dozen superhero series now, but the character depth was still pretty blah.

The biggest thing that's still stuck with me is from Daredevil S1. When they're barely making ends meet and have zero income because they're such "ethical lawyers" that they'll only take jobs for people they believe in, regardless of whether or not they can pay... and then at the end they offer whats-her-name a job as secretary.

Like... how bad are your writers that they don't understand how jobs & money work ? There's so many ways this could be written so that the broad strokes were the same, but the economics actually make some kind of sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    She's been through 2 shows now, why is she still this angry bitch?
    Off the top of my head, I'd guess that "character growth" that maintains continuity throughout a season and series requires more effort to storyboard than simply posting a picture of the character, applying a few static adjectives, and having that image remain constant every episode.

I think that's my biggest issue with most of these superhero budget shows... that even when worldshaking things happen, like the death of a loved one or family member... they put on this superficial show of it affecting them for that episode... but in the grand scale of things, it fails to radically alter the writing of the character in other episodes.