Thread: Twisting Wind

Twisting Wind

Just got this trinket and askmrrobot states its a 15k dmg increase but then when I sim it, its even with my 840.

askmrrobot(dot)com/

840 Bleached Skull Talisman
    com/wow/simulator/report/3916207e5764424ab160a0e04169229c

850 Twisting Wind with Socket +150 Crit
    com/wow/simulator/report/ce0e3fafd6c947d2bab72dc36d3e82bd

Any thoughts(Couldnt post links due to low post count)

Twisting Wind sucks.

Answer to this.. 895 Twisting wind was given to off-spec in our last raid. The trinket does really weak single target damage and there are better multitarget trinkets out there.

Gotcha, is there an up to date trinket guide?

Just found the one on Altered Time by Rinoa, guess thats up to date?

Quote Originally Posted by joe2887 View Post
    Gotcha, is there an up to date trinket guide?

Just found the one on Altered Time by Rinoa, guess thats up to date?
    Mm Should be. But generally for single target: Wriggling Sinew>Shock Baton=Naraxas=Arcanocrystal>etc, but aside from Wriggling Sinew the differences in top 10 are rather small. Wriggling Sinew does loose spots on multitarget though, because the damage doesn't scale from the number of targets.

How good is 830 Shock baton? You can't really farm a higher ilvl one. Which trinkets are worth equipping instead of it? My second trinket is 865 beehive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    How good is 830 Shock baton? You can't really farm a higher ilvl one. Which trinkets are worth equipping instead of it? My second trinket is 865 beehive.
    well... you cant exactly farm them, but you can pray for a warforged. mines an 850. id recommend going for it every time its up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    well... you cant exactly farm them, but you can pray for a warforged. mines an 850. id recommend going for it every time its up.
    which is almost never

I have a 875 horror slime sitting in my bag, whith a 830 baton equipped. Aye, "balance".

I'm using an 880 horror slime instead of my 835 shock baton, I know the shock baton is a bit better on single target, but tbh horror slime isn't really that bad, and the 1070 passive crit is pretty good, it usually deals 2-4mil damage on mythic fights

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico3337 View Post
    I'm using an 880 horror slime instead of my 835 shock baton, I know the shock baton is a bit better on single target, but tbh horror slime isn't really that bad, and the 1070 passive crit is pretty good, it usually deals 2-4mil damage on mythic fights
    I've tested both, extensively. The baton does about 1.5mil more damage than the slim on every single boss. Even before testing it myself, simcraft gave similar results. so I could've known.

This was answered on a thread just below this one.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-Wind-trinket

- - - Updated - - -

Long story short, sim your character using their simulator. It sims all items with a proc using your character.