Deleted
    That explains it really well, thanks Qob!

Anyone have logs with this new rotation?

I tried it last night, and my numbers were terrible. Maybe because I have like 65% mastery, 20% crit, 6% haste. But MS was like 35% of my dmg, while slam was at like 12-15%. Should slam be making up this much of my dmg?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggurface View Post

I tried it last night, and my numbers were terrible. Maybe because I have like 65% mastery, 20% crit, 6% haste. But MS was like 35% of my dmg, while slam was at like 12-15%. Should slam be making up this much of my dmg?
    You do have really low mastery and a ton of crit (which isn't good). I'm sitting at 89% mastery w/ food buff and 12% crit, 7% Vers, and like ~10% haste or something and I can easily hit 300k on ursoc. I'm a bit lazy to go and get the logs but yea Slam still doesn't beat my CS dmg even if its prioritized over FR.

Quote Originally Posted by Qob View Post
    Well, the theory is as follows (whether it is correct or not I don't know, although it does seem to sim higher)
    You are right that there is a risk doing CS FR MS that both FR and MS proc tactician and therefore a SD is wasted (someone else also pointed it out earlier).
    However the chance that both proc is small (I think it's roughly 2%?).

As regards DPR the best use of a FR is by far one that is consumed by a SD buffed MS, even considering the 2% chance of a wasted SD.

So assuming that you have to add FR anyway to your normal rotation to avoid ragecapping, then the question becomes exactly where to use it.
    So the idea is to proactively use FR between CS and MS, and don't wait till about to ragecap, then whenever CS and MS are unavailable use slam as the main rage burner.
    Then use FR to burn any extra rage if you look like capping, the only place to avoid using FR is before CS as it will not benefit frrom a tactician proc.
    Wait a minute - I thought the idea was use FR - CS- FR- MS and then build FR to 3 THEN dump rage into Slam. Are you saying only weave in an FR if you're about to Rage Cap and use slam far more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post
    You do have really low mastery and a ton of crit (which isn't good). I'm sitting at 89% mastery w/ food buff and 12% crit, 7% Vers, and like ~10% haste or something and I can easily hit 300k on ursoc. I'm a bit lazy to go and get the logs but yea Slam still doesn't beat my CS dmg even if its prioritized over FR.

Yeah, I figured it might have been a gear issue in addition to mechanics.

Heres my armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Worstwarrior/simple

Any suggestions for easily obtainable pieces to replace some crit pieces?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggurface View Post

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Those are our H Ursoc logs from last night - ended up 98th percentile. I was trying out the slam rotation, though muscle memory still had me throwing in some extra FR's here and there.

Really not sure how much of the result was due to rotation changes and how much was due to general arms RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noctred View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Those are our H Ursoc logs from last night - ended up 98th percentile. I was trying out the slam rotation, though muscle memory still had me throwing in some extra FR's here and there.

Really not sure how much of the result was due to rotation changes and how much was due to general arms RNG.
    A lot of it looks like great trinket uptime (30% on appendages, 40% on the other)

It is so hard to tell now with how the trinkets are, and the gloves/ring make it nigh impossible to sort through.

Spamming slam feels way better than spamming FR. Maybe it's just me. Does the latest simcraft build have the new APL?

edit: nevermind, read a few pages back
    Last edited by apoe; 2016-10-13 at 04:22 AM.

Wondering how execute phase looks now. I am pretty sure I've been doing it wrong. Been only casting it on SD procs and in BC instead of slam. Should i be using it instead of slam outside of SD and BC as well?

So I just got the legendary legs, on a scale from 1-10 how bad are they? LOL It seems kinda useless since at least for arms I would be heroic leaping away and charging in.

No need to leap out. If you stand at max range there is enough time between swings to run out.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    So I just got the legendary legs, on a scale from 1-10 how bad are they? LOL It seems kinda useless since at least for arms I would be heroic leaping away and charging in.
    They're great for multitarget, only mediocre for single target (though still a again) since they don't apply Shattered Defenses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I got them and they really help a ton in m+. In raids they are decent, better to slam with CS up than without when no tactician procs. Leaping away is not a great idea in any case, just track swing time and run out if need be.

I've got the legs as well, they're actually super useful. Ideally, this is what most of the legendary affixes should be, just a small boost to dps/utility. Not gaining an extra 1k+ worth of rage in a 5 minute fight

Also the HL telegraph doesn't update so you can really just jump anywhere and still apply the CS debuff.

Are you guys taking sweeping strikes for ursoc? We killed bird and my dps was alright like 64 percentile but we did ursoc pulls and I was shit

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Are you guys taking sweeping strikes for ursoc? We killed bird and my dps was alright like 64 percentile but we did ursoc pulls and I was shit
    ursoc mythic .. no sweeping strikes.. add lives not long enough

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    Just picked up legendary gloves today. Makes the rotation flow so much better. 864 ilvl, added a significant amount of dps. Random drop legendary system is extremely flawed. For arms at least, you'll do around middle of the pack damage, and then top all single target charts once you get a (good) legendary.
    But the crux of that problem comes from that fact that Arms is so RNG.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    why exactly is the fr build still better than iftk if u only use fr to prevent yourself from ragecapping?

Quote Originally Posted by Sezai11 View Post
    why exactly is the fr build still better than iftk if u only use fr to prevent yourself from ragecapping?
    Ive never really used the FR build.
    Mainly because I suck at it and im not afraid to admit it.

I use Overpower/Mortal Combo and my dps isnt that far off of FR build users.
    Dont get me wrong id love to be able to nail down the perfect rotation, but thats the issues.
    Mess up 1-3 times in a fight and your dps suffers whereas I know ill have a lower but consistent dps as OvP/MC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezai11 View Post
    1. Because rage capping happens often enough.
    2. Because FR is used for free in BC.