Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    No you flat out said they are not needed for bosses like Nythendra.
    There is no reading comprehension here just your false statement.
    Actually I didn't say that at all, you really fail at this reading comprehension thing. "Raid leaders asking more than needed" AKA wasting consumables at inappropriate times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumo View Post
    I open this thread to see if I am the only frustrated raider here

I enjoyed a lot mythic raiding last expansion, it was the first expansion I raided, and I found it extremely challenging and good fun

I can't play this game all day 24/7, and last expansion I could just log 12 weekly hours for raiding + 2 hours weekly for farming and it was more than enough to complete mythic content

At the moment I find that I have to spend the same time farming than raiding and its turning this game into a job, I raid 12 hours weekly and according to my calculations I have to farm 10-15 hours only for the flasks, pots and food

If we include runes, gear and making some gold to pay for enchants, gems, repairs and stuff it turns into 15-20 hours of farm weekly... plus 12 raiding hours its like a job

I don't know why blizzard went back into the 24/7 grinding chit to raid, now I am seriously thinking about stop raiding and unsubbing as I completed all heroic content

What do you think about this guys?
    you can doit then you do not ... thats all dude stop complaining, the content is there some ppl ll make it, some ppl dont

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Problem is that Blizz devs are clearly completely incapable of finding the golden middle road. It's always "all or nothing", every time. Either you have nothing to do, or then you get a burn-out having to grind dailies that are made practically mandatory.
    its a game dude, NOTHING is mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Actually I didn't say that at all, you really fail at this reading comprehension thing. "Raid leaders asking more than needed" AKA wasting consumables at inappropriate times.
    If your raid leaders says you should and you don't do what he is saying there is bigger problem then farming mats for what ever consumables.
    You should always be ready to Pot even if you think it is a waste well mate sorry but it isn't.
    You progress with each % u take of the boss's hp if pots at start put you over the breaking point of seeing the new phase you should be doing that when its demanded.

Your leader tells you to jump you jump or you fuck off and don't waste other peoples time and complain that its pointless.

Aka either do it or don't but don't use that you are lazy as an excuse that "what does it matter if i pot boss wont die anyway" .

There is a pretty simple solution: sell token on ah. There was SO MUCH TIME to take advantage of the easy ways to make gold in WoD, and I actually already have a million more gold than I started Legion with, just by buying herbs on ah, crafting potions with rank 3 and reselling.

Deleted
    Its this or self sufficient garrisons.

Choose!

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Its this or self sufficient garrisons.

Choose!
    Self sufficient garrison please.

Since Legion came out I wasted 1,2mln gold for pots, enchants and stuff. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Since Legion came out I wasted 1,2mln gold for pots, enchants and stuff. Horrible.
    Sadly that's the price we have to pay if we want to play challenging content because Blizzard wanted to placate the so called "casual" playerbase that herbs all day then buys a boost through the raid and feels "smart" for "beating the game" that way. Can't imagine more boring way to experience the game but apparently people are happy when the market works this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post
    There is a new pot coming in 7.1 that gives 2k to all primary stats for 1 min. It costs 1 Blood of Sargeras. These new pots are going to cost a fortune.
    How do you figure these are gonna cost a ton? You get 20 for one blood. Most people in my guild have around 200 bloods right now. Dont see these pots being worth much, they seem fine for farm content, but no reason to use them over the other potions.

For 3 mythic kills?
    You rather bought a full mythic boost lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioo View Post
    For 3 mythic kills?
    You rather bought a full mythic boost lol.
    See what I'm talking about? People who want to learn and progress are laughed at, while it's widely acceptable to just "buy a boost instead".

Pots and neck enchants are way too powerful this expansion they add way too much for raid leaders to allow people to pass on them.

And no, heroic fell over within a week and people pug it freely, it's too easy, therefore anyone with half a brain needs to either go mythic or unsub due to boredom.

It's all fine and dandy for people to claim "mythic is only for the most hardcore and dedicated" and forget there's no other content to progress through for the less hardcore. Heroic was a joke in comparison even to HFC. Casual guilds took months to finish heroic HFC while in EN you look at few weeks at best. There is no content left for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    <tinfoil hat> Blizz did it all on purpose to sell game tokens so people would just spend more money vs farming </tinfoil hat off>
    id like to see the numbers for token sales for cash vs bought for gold. i feel like more people could be taking this route to just buy stuff rather than farm, yet the token prices seem to have not moved much even going from the end of the 14 months of HFC to now. I really thought they would spike in one direction or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    yet the token prices seem to have not moved much even going from the end of the 14 months of HFC to now.
    In EU they dropped from the record price ~97k during late HFC to around ~68k remaining around that price for some time.

Deleted
    Not everyone is suppose to raid mythic. It was never designed that way.

@Lioo pretty much 300k for 850 gear in first week and 800k for pots enchants and eventually flasks, 100k for random things

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    See what I'm talking about? People who want to learn and progress are laughed at, while it's widely acceptable to just "buy a boost instead".

Pots and neck enchants are way too powerful this expansion they add way too much for raid leaders to allow people to pass on them.

And no, heroic fell over within a week and people pug it freely, it's too easy, therefore anyone with half a brain needs to either go mythic or unsub due to boredom.

It's all fine and dandy for people to claim "mythic is only for the most hardcore and dedicated" and forget there's no other content to progress through for the less hardcore. Heroic was a joke in comparison even to HFC. Casual guilds took months to finish heroic HFC while in EN you look at few weeks at best. There is no content left for them.
    Casual guilds that have nothing to progress on but mythic raid (sure there are no m+ dungeons) could focus on mat farming also, instead of one of raid days, would be better than burning money on 50% pulls for 3 hours.
    And i am not laughing at people, who want to progress, i laugh at people who can not manage their gold properly and whine that they are forced to farm.
    P.S. Neck enchant cost nothing comparing to pots.
    P.S.S. HFC is a full raid tier. EN is only half of it.

@Lioo pretty much 300k for 850 gear in first week and 800k for pots enchants and eventually flasks
    Did not you do guild M/M+ runs? What was the point to equip full crafted.

@Lioo there's literally nothing to do with gold in this game. Bought equip full crafted to get top gear in start of expansion for some weird purposes.

Doesn't change the fact that potions and stuff are ridiculously expensive.

Go alchemy and get an herb alt. Alchemy 2 hour flasks save you so much money. I raid 8 hours a week (mythic) and spend about 2 hours a week farming for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumo View Post
    Yeah, I guess people that play this game to make gold are happy with the expansion.

The thing is that I prefer to be rich in real life, rather than in a videogame, and I prefer to spend time working rather than farming, but I still want to enjoy the challenge of mythic raiding.
    Which was my point, you have options. If you're rich IRL you can just buy gold via selling tokens, if you're not then you probably have better things to do than spend time in WoW farming gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    id like to see the numbers for token sales for cash vs bought for gold. i feel like more people could be taking this route to just buy stuff rather than farm, yet the token prices seem to have not moved much even going from the end of the 14 months of HFC to now. I really thought they would spike in one direction or the other.
    https://wowtoken.info/
    Here is a site with some handy numbers and graphs so you can see the trends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I think that there are a few things which are contributing to the ridiculous state of consumables right now:

-Potions taking a ridiculously amount of herbs to produce only one. The currently amount of mats per pot should make 5 per craft, straight up, with the ability to proc more at rank 3. This would fix 90% of the problems right now.
    -Flasks should be 2 hours for all players and 4 hours for alchs with the profession. It was this way, in fact, all the way up to Cata I think...which went down to an hour because of the perk and cauldrons being a thing.
    -Speaking of cauldrons, they need to be reasonable to craft. Right now they are a complete zero-benefit and in some cases a loss. Why they were changed to not provide conjured flasks like they did in Cata, I'll never know. Even with Rank 3 having the ability to create multiple cauldrons they aren't worth doing at the moment.
    -Rank 3 in both herb and alch needs to have a solid path of progression and not be completely reliant on RNG. The fact they give such massive bonuses and reduce farming time required by major amounts means that anyone without access to those bonuses is basically stuck doing double the tedious grinding. Everyone who wants rank 3 Starlight Rose or Potion of the Old War should have a solid path to progress to get there other than luck.
    -Augment runes. As a UHDK, strength is my highest stat gain by a country mile so simply not using an augment rune on each Mythic pull is just flat out not an option. Give us a reusable one again. Make it 100k gold and require exalted with all factions if you have to. Right now they are ridiculous and there is nowhere near enough reliable sources to get them other than grinding our LFR on multiple alts and checking the LFG queue for tank/healer CTA. If you are a class that can ONLY dps, the latter isn't even an option.

Blizzard has the ability to step in and fix all of this at any time. They already have shown they can and will with the way early BC raids worked. I think once enough people get fed up with these systems and threaten to quit, they will unfuck this whole quagmire.