Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    This was never a bug and oding that never an exploit, the water was part of the arena, funelling the adds so you could handle them easier was simply being smart and using the arena in your favor, they all still spawned, still had to be soaked, still left pudles of death and stiill delt damage when they hit the soakers. Theres 0 correlation btween this and having ursoc not charge at all cause of a bug.
    you didnt have to soak them, they just walked into the boss and didnt hit anyone. water tanking was far from the intended design, smart adaptation or not

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    What a joke. Changing multiple fights somewhat dramatically after people already killed them(Elerethe almost double HP and Il'gynoth now). Just wish they had this testing phase where they could have people test fights for them. They could call it "beta" and "raid testing", and maybe even do it multiple times for each fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Once a tier is live and bosses have been killed, they should just leave it alone outside of actual exploits.
    Are you presuming that when test guilds figure out cheese, that they actually do the cheese on test, letting it get recorded? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    you didnt have to soak them, they just walked into the boss and didnt hit anyone. water tanking was far from the intended design, smart adaptation or not
    It sure as hell wasn't the intended design but Blizzard devs are not the ones playing the game, we are, so if they intended it or not thats entirely theire problem if we the players outsmart theire design. The adds were doing exactly what they were programmed to do and you still had to ocasionaly soak some adds yourself due to them moving mid the boss charges or because the boss would push ppl back in a bad moment and they would colide with the incoming add, however this is all besides the point, the arena was there and you could position the boss wherever you liked, no one was tanking him somewhere outside the boundaries of the fighting area. It was never a bug nor an exploit. Having a boss not cast a skill he is programmed to cast entirely is a bug exploit, thats not an strategy at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Are you presuming that when test guilds figure out cheese, that they actually do the cheese on test, letting it get recorded? What?
    He is probably not but anyone could see the zerg strategy coming from miles away on this boss, zerg startegies should be viable but not while undergeared on the first week...
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-10-06 at 08:32 PM.

It's a more interesting fight. 4-healing the first week, healers could blow mana like crazy, so my HPS was substantially lower this week (5 healers). Had to use a few wipes to learn how to pace my mana better. Out-gearing it is eventually just going to make it a slow drag of a fight that everybody hates though, IMO. Not sure if it'll be 1-phased again before Nighthold/Odyn raid (not a mathy guy).

And in case it wasn't answered earlier, it's essentially the same amount of HP to DPS down between nerf/pre-nerf in the Heart phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    It's a more interesting fight. 4-healing the first week, healers could blow mana like crazy, so my HPS was substantially lower this week (5 healers). Had to use a few wipes to learn how to pace my mana better. Out-gearing it is eventually just going to make it a slow drag of a fight that everybody hates though, IMO. Not sure if it'll be 1-phased again before Nighthold/Odyn raid (not a mathy guy).

And in case it wasn't answered earlier, it's essentially the same amount of HP to DPS down between nerf/pre-nerf in the Heart phase.
    You won't be able to 1-phase it because while you still only need to do 446 million, the first time you go in the heart has 892 million, which would require people doing ~50 million to it which shouldn't happen for a long long time. We'll be able to push over 446 in that first phase though even with 5 healers and then all you'd have to do is pop the eye a second time and the fight's over (no clean push needed).

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    You won't be able to 1-phase it because while you still only need to do 446 million, the first time you go in the heart has 892 million, which would require people doing ~50 million to it which shouldn't happen for a long long time. We'll be able to push over 446 in that first phase though even with 5 healers and then all you'd have to do is pop the eye a second time and the fight's over (no clean push needed).
    Understood. In our first heart phase, we did ~380million damage. So increasing that by 510million? Depends how outrageous item-levels get, OP trinkets, etc.

I think one thing people are forgetting when trying to compare this change to others that did or did not happen was part of their stated reasons were to make sure guilds didn't class stack. And while obviously at the top end of mythic that's normal; not so much with those getting to it now. Esp considering the tuning flop on all the bosses before this getting people to ilg quickly and ilgynoth being a significant step up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Our two-phase rekill only took 3 attempts and it wasn't a perfect pull by any means. I personally didn't play all that well and we had a few Bloods die away from the Eye. It's really not that much harder.

The main thing that changes is you now need to use Hero/pots/CDs when you start the Second Eye phase because a ton of stuff spawns very quickly. Once that is all cleaned up, the second Eye phase is no harder than the first. The adds in the second Heart phase are a joke. We killed the first two sets very quickly and just interrupted and ignored the third. We killed the boss the first time we made it to the second Heart phase.

Heart DPS matters very little now. Optimize for clean Eye phases and it'll fall over.

This boss is basically the Gorefiend of EN. More gear helps, but you still can't go ham on Bloods or you will die; just like if you broke Spirits too quickly on Gorefiend, you died.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I think one thing people are forgetting when trying to compare this change to others that did or did not happen was part of their stated reasons were to make sure guilds didn't class stack. And while obviously at the top end of mythic that's normal; not so much with those getting to it now. Esp considering the tuning flop on all the bosses before this getting people to ilg quickly and ilgynoth being a significant step up.
    But then you have Cenarius with brambles and sisters forcing spreads (yeah no class favoring there) and Xavius basically designed around you putting mechanics on certain classes, so I really doubt they give a shit at all about class stacking. You were skipping half of their HFA jr (it's supposed to take 9 minutes) and the hardest part, so of course they made it impossible to 1-phase until we get another 60+ ilvls.