Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They'll bring him back when Bolvar goes crazy in the next expansion.

http://img.memecdn.com/anyone-else-e..._o_5743443.jpg
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I'm not sure the problem is Ner'zhul still being in there somewhere. I guess technically he might be, but we have no evidence for that yet. I mean, we see his echo and Arthas's echo in the Frost DK quest, but that's not really Arthas, he's in the Shadowlands, so I think it's not really Ner'zhul there either.
    I think the problem is more the Helm of Domination and the place where the Citadel stands and what it all was made of. Almost everything there is made of Old God blood. And even if the Old God is 'dead' we know how much good that does against being influenced by one of them. I don't think any being, as we all know very well not even the Titan keepers, could stand a chance of going un-influenced by that for a longer period of time. That doesn't have to mean fully corrupted or controlled by it, and I hope it doesn't.
    If anything its the Helm of domination that holds on the Necromantic powers of the Lich King. Unrelated to the Old Gods mind you. Now the theory of Ner'zhul still being in there is interesting but I'd say it's his memories are still there. If Blizzard wants to be bold, Arthas' own memories are in there as well but that's speculation on my part.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The only thing that sucks for me is Bliz didn't offer Justin Gross enough $ to reprise his role from Reign of Chaos. Some guy trying to imitate him just wasn't the same.

They did bring him back... as a death knight, in WC3 =D

No but seriously, his story arc got a proper, complete, satisfying conclusion. No reason to bring him back.

7+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was a huge Mistake to let Arthas become a Paladin. He was the Crownprince, destined to become the King, so he already hat the pressure for all of his people on his shoulders. But then turning him into a Paladin, someone who vows to protect all Innocent, being a perfekt Role-Model and absolute Paragon of Virtue and Justice is to much. I think what he was, was a young men who wanted to prove himself among the old heroes he lived and do the best he can, while still having problems with his anger and being too inexperienced to handle the Situation. And his two closest allies weren't a help either, they leaved him the first moment a hard Choice was to be made. Burning down Stratholme was right. It was a brutal and ugly act, but it had to be done. He gave his people the biggest mercy of all in a war against the Scourge: Dying without being forced to serve the Scourge. Being a Servant of the Scourge is still a fate worse than death, especially if you are a worshipper of the Light.

And after that, he reacted like a human being would react, he wanted his vengeance. Everyone who had to kill his own people would crying out for bloodshed against the people who made him do that. His father did nothing against the Scourge, he didn't took it serious, his mentor and the love of his life both left him, he was all alone against this danger.
    100% agreed. I always wondered if Uther and Jaina stayed would Arthas become Lich King? For me more no than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Illidan was kind of a stupid Anti-Hero and believe it or not i mean that in a good way. Illidan was not... as smart as he thought he was. He is kind of the guy that had easy solutions for complicated things (you know, like a lot of people these days but this one actually happened to be sort of right) and broke A LOT of pottery in the process. He is self-centered, lusts for fame and is pretty fune with fucking everyone over for his higher goal, no matter how noble it may be in the end. That made him a character tho... He is UTTERLY flawed and utterly unfit to be the Lord of anything, but sometimes someone who makes important decision on a whim while doing it with the pointy end is kind of what you need...
    I think this is the best description of Illidan I ever came across.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I always thought it was a huge Mistake to let Arthas become a Paladin. He was the Crownprince, destined to become the King, so he already hat the pressure for all of his people on his shoulders. But then turning him into a Paladin, someone who vows to protect all Innocent, being a perfekt Role-Model and absolute Paragon of Virtue and Justice is to much. I think what he was, was a young men who wanted to prove himself among the old heroes he lived and do the best he can, while still having problems with his anger and being too inexperienced to handle the Situation. And his two closest allies weren't a help either, they leaved him the first moment a hard Choice was to be made. Burning down Stratholme was right. It was a brutal and ugly act, but it had to be done. He gave his people the biggest mercy of all in a war against the Scourge: Dying without being forced to serve the Scourge. Being a Servant of the Scourge is still a fate worse than death, especially if you are a worshipper of the Light.

And after that, he reacted like a human being would react, he wanted his vengeance. Everyone who had to kill his own people would crying out for bloodshed against the people who made him do that. His father did nothing against the Scourge, he didn't took it serious, his mentor and the love of his life both left him, he was all alone against this danger.
    I didn't honestly believe the day would have ever came, but for the first time I kind of agree with M-Ra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    He does not need to come back and no not everyone comes back. What the will he do if he came back? He can't anything fro anybody if he did, too many people hate him to the fucking core...he would be mobbed and killed on sight before he could explain anything to anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I didn't honestly believe the day would have ever came, but for the first time I kind of agree with M-Ra.
    Thank you. There is much Headcanon behind it, but only because for me, the Arthas Story I care about is the Story I played in WC3. A Story that make me deeply think about the whole situation when I played my Paladin in WoW. A Story, I think, that would have been a better opportunity to make the whole Paladin Story deeper than we saw in Wotlk, because it lead me to criticize the concept of a Paladin. Behind the Light and the Righteousness and all that shit, Paladins are human beings. And Arthas was after all simply a boy who grew up with all this idealized Shit about war and heroism and honor and Paladins, while never experiencing war himself. War is shit. War is dirty, war is ugly, war is wrong in every way something can be wrong and being a Paladin doesn't makes it better. I don't want to imagine what a social pressure being a Paladin really means. It is a concept far beyond any reality, because people expect from you being superman. Saving everyone while stil being all shiny and glorious and always doing the right choices, never to fail. The Paladin is a concept far beyond anything a human could ever archive, being the perfekt Paladin would mean not being a real human anymore. And, lets be honest, Uther had never to bear the burden Arthas had. And Uther took the easy route. Turning his back, doing nothing, turning his back, letting Arthas do the ugly part. What if the culling of Stratholme never happened? All of the people of Stratholme would be dead, the Scourge would have gained a new, big force for their conquest against Lordaeron, even the few Survivors we saw probably would have been hunted down and killed by the undeads. Everyone would be damned to the suffering of serving under the Lichking.

For me, it was always clear that Uther was the one who failed in Stratholme, not Arthas. Uther was the Lightbringer, he was supposed to be the ultimate embodiment of a Paladin, a true Knight of the Silver Hand. And what does the Silver Hand mean? Sacrifice. The ultimate Sacrifice a Paladin can make is an action that makes him unable to be a Paladin ever again. Uther should have send Arthas away, report to Terenas with the demand that he has to assamble the Alliance, while he is puring Stratholme himself. That would have made him the ultimate Paladin, the one who is not only willing to sacrifice his life, but everything he is. Because Arthas was by far more important than Uther. Arthas was the future. The Hope for mankind itself and the future of his Country. By doing the this and shouldering his shame and guilt with humility, he also could have given Arthas the ultimate gift, the final lesson to make him a great King: That he trusted him, that he doesn't have to bear everything on his own and that he doesn't have to be the shiny, perfect Knight all the time, but giving all he can to be a Paladin. And after all that, he should have went to the Monestary, to try to recover, as he knews that the Lights loves all of them, no matter what they do. But leaving him alone? That was by far the worst. It was the act of a coward.

Deleted
    seeing memories or find some sort of story untold what he did in his ventures in northrend or all his deep thoughts or artifacts he might found when he was the "LK" is all i can think of that they can do.

it could suit as a class questline or weapon lore etc.

But nothing worthy of the raid, well maybe the nerubian kingdom maybe we will see some memories and such, but thats about it.

Resurecting him wont happen ever, Reason why illidan is back?

if you know lore, you know just like everyone he was a good guy, that did everything and sacrificed everything to save ppl from the burning legion, and some couldnt stand with it.

The TBC raid was a big clusterfuck,they have retconned it however but the story should never been this way, however now it is this way becuse they fucked it up.
    We also know arthas was good but he was twisted and such. no one that knows the lore see:s arthas(the real arthas) as a bad guy same goes for illidan.

they are kinda similar just that illidan has some more anti hero around him and is a bit more "good" in his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    100% agreed. I always wondered if Uther and Jaina stayed would Arthas become Lich King? For me more no than yes.
    Arthas would have needed their support. Especially Jainas. They made a mistake here, not Arthas. Of course you can understand. Arthas saw what happened first hand. They didn't really. He knew what would happen to them and wanted to spare his people. He actually made the hardest of all decisions considering he does REALLY care for his subjects. Remember Ned Stark? The whole concept of being the one doing the deed if you sentence a man to death? Arthas is similar to that. He made the decision, so he, the noble Crownprince of Lordearon did it himself to save them. If Uther had trusted him and Jaina been with him they would have been able to keep him from breaking very likely, instead of running after Mal'Ganis to avenge his people and take revenge for forcing his hand to kill the people in Stratholme...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Where is Arthas' body nowadays anyway? Did it also just despawn in Lore after a random group of players looted his lifeless corpse?

Also, lore-wise, couldn't the Deathlord of Acherus (the player DK) bring back Arthas since they obtained the mark of the lich king which allows them to resurrect the dead as Death Knights? Not saying it's a good idea, just curious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Arthas would have needed their support. Especially Jainas. They made a mistake here, not Arthas. Of course you can understand. Arthas saw what happened first hand. They didn't really. He knew what would happen to them and wanted to spare his people. He actually made the hardest of all decisions considering he does REALLY care for his subjects. Remember Ned Stark? The whole concept of being the one doing the deed if you sentence a man to death? Arthas is similar to that. He made the decision, so he, the noble Crownprince of Lordearon did it himself to save them. If Uther had trusted him and Jaina been with him they would have been able to keep him from breaking very likely, instead of running after Mal'Ganis to avenge his people and take revenge for forcing his hand to kill the people in Stratholme...
    And Terenas himself should have taken the whole Scourge-Thing by far more seriously. I also think that he made it fairly easy for himself, considering that he was always the politician type, while expecting for his son that he would become a good Politician, a wise Economist, a Tactician, a Warrior, a Priest and more all in one. Being a Paladin is still not something to be taken easy, like I said I would love to see one day a more critical view on the social expectations towards a Paladin considering that everyone wants them to be more than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Where is Arthas' body nowadays anyway? Did it also just despawn in Lore after a random group of players looted his lifeless corpse?

Also, lore-wise, couldn't the Deathlord of Acherus (the player DK) bring back Arthas since they obtained the mark of the lich king which allows them to resurrect the dead as Death Knights? Not saying it's a good idea, just curious.
    Probably,if we know the location of his body and the Lich King so wishes.Trollbane already show us that decades buried doesnt alter you flesh that much,Arthas would be fine.The one place i can believe is the tomb in Stormwind but that just especulation.

As much i like Arthas and wanted a redemption for his spirit.Let him rest(or suffer) his story was awesome and thats enough for me.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    For me, it was always clear that Uther was the one who failed in Stratholme, not Arthas. Uther was the Lightbringer, he was supposed to be the ultimate embodiment of a Paladin, a true Knight of the Silver Hand. And what does the Silver Hand mean? Sacrifice. The ultimate Sacrifice a Paladin can make is an action that makes him unable to be a Paladin ever again. Uther should have send Arthas away, report to Terenas with the demand that he has to assamble the Alliance, while he is puring Stratholme himself. That would have made him the ultimate Paladin, the one who is not only willing to sacrifice his life, but everything he is. Because Arthas was by far more important than Uther. Arthas was the future. The Hope for mankind itself and the future of his Country. By doing the this and shouldering his shame and guilt with humility, he also could have given Arthas the ultimate gift, the final lesson to make him a great King: That he trusted him, that he doesn't have to bear everything on his own and that he doesn't have to be the shiny, perfect Knight all the time, but giving all he can to be a Paladin. And after all that, he should have went to the Monestary, to try to recover, as he knews that the Lights loves all of them, no matter what they do. But leaving him alone? That was by far the worst. It was the act of a coward.
    To be fair, Uther as much as i do like him was a very shallow minded man. His views are basic. His believe was strong and he was skilled. But he was unable to see past certain things, which he carried over to Arthas. Tirion Fordring did spare Etrigg because it seemed the honorable and moraly upstanding choice to make and was willing to sacrifice his standing as a Paladin, which is exactly what you describe. The need to sacrifice something, even your very purpose and life to do the right thing. To do what is needed. Ironically this makes not just Tirion but also Arthas the better Paladin. Tirion has a strong moral compass and did it out of that sense of direction, wisedom and fully aware that this was what had to be done knowing the risk and what it would mean for him. Arthas might didn't know that but also didn't waste a second to think about it, because saving the kingdom was more important to him. The purge scared him likely the second it began and the thought of what he was going to do clearly was repulsive to him as well. He knew it was terrible and he saw that Uther turned from him in disgust. Even Jaina who he loved and visa versa, but he STILL went on with it because it was the ONLY thing he could do to save ANYONE. Think about it... He took his vow to protect his People SO SERIOUSLY that he was willing to lose the love of his live and his mentor for good and was probably aware most people would not understand why he was killing not yet turned citizens. And Uther just... left. To me this was not just a bad display for what a Paladin should be doing and strive to be but Uther also blatantly ignored his responsibility. He did nothing to stop Arthas but looking at him funy and being a bit confused...
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-10-14 at 12:43 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    I know. It was a cool easter egg by blizzard.
    Agreed! Wasn't expecting this one.
    Allarise - lfgdating.com.
    In it for the mount hunting.

I don't think that's fair to Uther or Jaina. I couldn't have done it either. I wouldn't have left though, I would have been very insistent Arthas find another way, which given his attitude toward Uther probably would have resulted in my being imprisoned for treason.

I disagree either are at fault for not protecting Arthas from himself, especially when he made that difficult if not impossible. Saying these two individuals should have supported him even if it meant witnessing what they viewed as a massacre, which went against their beliefs is unreasonable.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Uh bro, We didn't kill Rag in Mc, we pushed him back into the firelands, and we beat Kael within an inch of his life in TK, we didnt kill him.
    I'm pretty sure we actually decapitated him in TK.

Or am I remembering this one wrong?

How exactly have they brought Arthas back?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm pretty sure we actually decapitated him in TK.

Or am I remembering this one wrong?
    You took one of his orbs.

We decapitated him in Magisters Terrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    You took one of his orbs.

We decapitated him in Magisters Terrace.
    Fuck, this is now bothering me. I'm certain we got to loot it, but I can't find a relavant quest for it.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=34157/he...lthas#comments

That one is for the MtG, but the comments are basically saying what I said. We already looted his head in Tempest Keep.