Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Could you explain this. Assuming <4m fight duration, you get 2 Combustions with Cinderstorm (at 0:00 and at 2:00), however with Kindling it would seem very likely that you can get a 3rd off. That sounds like a pretty big gain.
    i suppose you may be right, tbh on a lot of fights we manage to kill them in around 3 mins 30-40 secs so I just go with cinder. Also cinderstorm is better single target if you can reliably get all 6 cinders to hit. Also I just like that huge second burst of combust/pot/rop and sinew all timed together. On longer fights kindling is always gonna be better though but I'm yet to make much progress into mythic raiding as I'm not in a progressing guild.

Deleted
    Could you explain this. Assuming <4m fight duration, you get 2 Combustions with Cinderstorm (at 0:00 and at 2:00), however with Kindling it would seem very likely that you can get a 3rd off. That sounds like a pretty big gain.
    It is, since you would be combusting at 00.00, at ~ 01.30 and at ~03.00.

Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    Also cinderstorm is better single target if you can reliably get all 6 cinders to hit.
    What data are you basing this on?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just use it 10 sec before pull and follow normal rotation it always explodes before rop comb is over (with berserking)
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    I just use it 10 sec before pull and follow normal rotation it always explodes before rop comb is over (with berserking)
    Some people are just so lucky; 2 withered jim spawns and you got the head AND trinket? Not to mention the bracers?

Kenny, I'd be jealous if I didn't know your death is always imminent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Some people are just so lucky; 2 withered jim spawns and you got the head AND trinket? Not to mention the bracers?

Kenny, I'd be jealous if I didn't know your death is always imminent.
    Guess I've been pretty fortunate too

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    does it make any difference if you use it 10 seconds before the pull or 1 second before the pull?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    does it make any difference if you use it 10 seconds before the pull or 1 second before the pull?
    Yep , it will come out of cooldown sooner.
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2016-10-13 at 08:31 PM.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TiltEV View Post
    Guess I've been pretty fortunate too
    I'm not complaining though, the legendary belt is a pretty nice stat booster and the scorch buff is okay if you really have to move sub 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Using fire blast exactly in middle of gcd procs stacks so it's great to use it like that.

I have some logs (ask if you want i can't put links) where under the trinket buff and outside of heroism the mage did :
    1 pre cast fireball + 2 additionals fireballs + 1 cinderstorm + 1 phoenix + 5 pyro + 4 fireblasts + one proc diablosor trinket (so at total 15 spells that guarranted the transfer of a charge in normals conditions and at least 10 of theses spells are separeted from one gcd or more) and after that the mage still has one stack of the trinket (last stack drop off on the next cast which is a phoenix).

And you are telling us that with good skill you can guarranted the loss of 2 stacks in 1/2 gcd using fireblast ?...

Quote Originally Posted by bloubli View Post
    And you are telling us that with good skill you can guarranted the loss of 2 stacks in 1/2 gcd using fireblast ?...
    There seems to be an issue with spells hitting in rapid succession sometimes not transferring stacks. To mitigate this problem, it is advised to use your Fireblasts as late in the GCD as you can, while still making sure not to lose non-GCD time.

I personally use Gnosis for my cast bar and have it configured to also show GCD on my cast bar, which makes this fairly easy to time.

(Note: this only applies outside of Bloodlust, with BL it's all too fast anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I'm not complaining though, the legendary belt is a pretty nice stat booster and the scorch buff is okay if you really have to move sub 25%.
    While I'm having fun with my Absorb neck and movement boots, neither of which am using on my DPS optimized gear. Such fun this game.

Deleted
    What data are you basing this on?
    Currently with my gear cinderstorm sims 3k higher which is not much, although i do find the cinderstorm spec feels a lot smoother since its pretty easy once you get the hang of it and boss hit boxes make all cinders hit. It also has the added advantage of gaining a second FO before combustion comes back to mini burst with ROP and giving you something to cast that is a dps gain for those instances where you have 3s left on FB cooldown and a HU but you dont want to cast fireball and lose the HU.

I don't have sinew yet, so this will only get stronger for me once it eventually drops.

Edit: Oh and on a side note you can pull some pretty hilarious numbers on trash with cinder and caged horror trinket(which i swap out my portable mana cracker for).
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2016-10-15 at 08:32 AM.

There seems to be an issue with spells hitting in rapid succession sometimes not transferring stacks. To mitigate this problem, it is advised to use your Fireblasts as late in the GCD as you can, while still making sure not to lose non-GCD time.

I personally use Gnosis for my cast bar and have it configured to also show GCD on my cast bar, which makes this fairly easy to time.

(Note: this only applies outside of Bloodlust, with BL it's all too fast anyway)

Yeah I agree that it helps, but even when you do 2 spells separeted by a gcd (outside of heroism) it sometimes does not work ! So no way to guarranted a proc with fireblast.

10+ Year Old Account

This should warrant a fix then. Hopefully blizzard is aware of the issue and patches it.

Quote Originally Posted by TiltEV View Post
    This should warrant a fix then. Hopefully blizzard is aware of the issue and patches it.
    A series of (raid) trinket fixes are in the pipeline (or so we've been told), so it's possible this will be one of them.

A lot of misinfo here in this thread.

1. You don't have to go CiS over Kindling with this trinket.
    2. If you stayed Kindling on some boss, you don't waste your talent by still waiting the full 2 minute cd.
    3. It's always better to have an extra (or two) more sinews, even if some of them aren't in combustion
    4. Your non-combustion sinews MUST be fired off while you're inside the rune, and you should try to have at least 3 stacks of PI, which isn't that hard with practice (remember you have 2 spells that always crit and can be stored as charges).

Don't ever listen to people saying to keep this trinket for combustions and/or drop Kindling in favor of CiS.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Foresight and planning are essential if you want to do well as a DPS. You should at least have a rough estimate of the expected fight duration, and you can plan your ability usage around that. Of course, fight-specific mechanics also need to be taken into account.

I find it helps to just sit down before a raid and map out fights. Know what to do when on which boss, and adapt to the situation as needed. For example, you should know not to pop Rune on Nythendra when a breath is imminent, or when you are about to be MCed - and those are fairly static times that you can predict and play around.

For something like the Wriggling Sinew, that sort of planning can be crucial. It should not be difficult to estimate a fight's length down to ±2 minutes, which will allow you to determine fairly accurately whether or not you can squeeze out an extra use of the trinket - and when. As was already mentioned, while having it explode during Combustion may be optimal, it is by no means REQUIRED for the trinket to be great. Even with Kindling, you can still run the trinket almost on cooldown, and have it do very well. However, as was rightly remarked, you should definitely try and make sure that you land the trinket within RoP.

In fact, RoP usage may be one of the most underrated aspects of being a good Fire Mage. Using it with the fairly static Combustion sequence is straightforward, but when/how to use it outside of that cycle can be tricky. RoP is a SUBSTANTIAL damage buff - making the most out of that window is crucial for competitive DPS. For example, you should always try to have back-to-back RoP available for your two potion uses, and for trinkets like the Sinew. Then there's things like trying to get a Hot Streak chain up so you can (ideally) just global Pyro into Pyro etc. There is RNG involved, but also a lot of proactive planning.