Poll: Is it the best?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Deleted
    Mop still was storyline hypocritical and thematically ridiculous. Where does this entire expansion around how bouncy pandas are fit into the destruction of draenor r, the army of undead, the sundering of azeroth, the return of draenor and now the invasion of fel fire.

And hypocritical, we are supposedly meant to defeat our enemies without hate anger or fear. Yea ok lets just remove any strength we had and kill enemies like sociopaths because pandas keep telling us to. Yea they didn't and it worked, good for us. The sha only benefited from large acts of anger fear or hate apparently. Selectively.

- - - Updated - - -

And gameplay wise. Damn that was so grindy it was ridiculous, timeless was horrible. Just a tiny island with a bunch of grindy drops with low rng and a lot of waiting my for respawn

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Oh, and here I thought I was jumping realms for those rares in MoP. Wow, thank you for telling me I was wrong!
    CRZ = Cross realm zone, aka zones consisting of players from different realms.

Being able to realm swap has nothing to do with CRZ, what you are talking about is realm swapping. Again that has nothing to do with CRZ.

You used the wrong term and assumed I'd read you mind to figure out you were talking about something else. This is on you not me.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Cross-realm_zones

Cities were a part of the world, once upon a time.
    The argument was meeting people out in the world, now you are saying cities are out in the world. Come on man, you're using the "if I fling my shit and scream he will stop responding" strategy now.

The many layers of ineptitude.
    /didn't have to try again
    Oh but you really should.

Quote Originally Posted by Teralus View Post
    Mate, dont bother with him xD i dont think he even plays this game
    Irony at it's finest, he uses the wrong term when talking about a different game mechanic and that's some how my fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is one of the better ones, I think. But for me, it shares a space together with Wrath, then it is Legion and then it goes down, with Cata as last.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Aka in the city, the only reason it's in durotar is because you are mechanically prevented from dueling in Org.

Try again. How can someone be that smug and that wrong at the same time? On both accounts too.
    It's actually been studied and found that the less someone knows about a topic, the more certain he is about being right.

So the most smug are almost certainly going to be totally clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbearing View Post
    Mop still was storyline hypocritical and thematically ridiculous. Where does this entire expansion around how bouncy pandas are fit into the destruction of draenor r, the army of undead, the sundering of azeroth, the return of draenor and now the invasion of fel fire.
    Dunno. The expansion about the ravaging of a pristine land fit pretty well, though.

What is that bouncy panda expansion named? I seem to have missed it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was one of my favourite times in WoW.

I said MoP was the best during MoP. Sure it had flaws, but ToT was and still is an amazing raid, and I always was having fun in the xpac... except maybe after being bored during SoO at the end.

Deleted

Irony at it's finest, he uses the wrong term when talking about a different game mechanic and that's some how my fault.

Yes mate, Talking about a feature that came late in an expansion that grew to become a problem in the end.

This coming from a guy who does not believe anyone could make friends out in the world, clearly a sign of an ignorant anti social fool who never left home cities.

Yes mate, Talking about a feature that came late in an expansion that grew to become a problem in the end.

This coming from a guy who does not believe anyone could make friends out in the world, clearly a sign of an ignorant anti social fool who never left home cities.
    Just because some people don't run around whispering random strangers they are now ignorant anti social fools LUL. ad hominem much

IT was one of the better ones, because it had a good amount of stuff to do. The storytelling was also A+ eventhough I didn't like the theme from the native species that much.(loved the A vs H aspect of it)
    The stuff to do became really grindy though and dungeons were a shitfest.
    I still think wrath was the best in terms of story and stuff to do. I also did PvP back then because it was still in a decent spot back then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fratyr View Post
    Just because some people don't run around whispering random strangers they are now ignorant anti social fools LUL. ad hominem much
    ????????????????????????

10+ Year Old Account
    For me the rankings are MOP, followed closely by Wrath, then BC, then WoD, then Cataclysm.

MoP definitely had the highest-quality storytelling, as far as I'm concerned. I really liked the mogu/Thunder King stuff, especially.

Wrath was the coolest (no pun intended) because I love Arthas and all the DK/Northrend lore. To this day that expansion's music still gives me chills.

BC was great at atmosphere and sheer amount of content, but the actual storytelling lacked big-time. Wrath was a marked improvement in that regard.

WoD was lacking overall, but I loved the leveling and some of the lore moments with the ring and in raids.

Cataclysm... bleh. I get no Cata-nostalgia whatsoever. It wrecked the old world, had one of the worst content droughts of its time, and a woefully anti-climactic final raid.

Legion is great for the most part, but there's some missteps that temper my enthusiasm. Class/talent balance are both awful so far, for example. Having said that, if they iron those things out it could be the best expansion yet, at least for me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Tbc>wotlk>mop>legion>wod

for my self

TBC > WotLK > Cata > MoP > Legion / WoD

I didn't find anything that special about MoP at all to be honest. It was all right, the really big thing that pissed me off was the real lack of content and stupid race of Pandas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion > WotLK > Mists > TBC > Cata > WoD

My opinion.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Arthas was basically Darth Vader with excalibur with a plot twist.

But in all honesty, I can respect that warcraft players have a huge investment in the Arthas storyline and that WoW went their old warcraft path until the end of Wrath. As someone who has never liked Warcraft, nor its lore (I got into wow in 2005 purely by accident), I thought MoP was absolutely outstanding. A breath of fresh air. I thought WoD was a massive step backwards lorewise, and I think Legion is to an extent- but the story telling mechanics for the first time actually made me feel anything about characters such as Illidan, who I really didn't care about when BC was live.

We also have to remember that of the new players coming in since post-wrath, only a very very small proportion will have played warcraft. I think the expansion after Legion should build on Legions factions, especially the Nightfallen, and develop a story not founded in the old warcraft universe. I think Legion shows that the two can live together quite well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    Tbc is the best expansion
    /thread 10char

10+ Year Old Account
    MOP was pretty good,dident like the Panda's tho. Wotlk was for me the best time ive had in wow,best theme and best story/characters.

Ulduar is the only redeeming part about WotLK and it had nothing to do with the Lich King story, which someone pointed out - was just the Anakin/Darth Vader story basically. I don't think all of MoP was great, but it definitely delivered on a more even level.

CRZ and Realm swapping aren't the same thing. Maybe english isn't your first language and something is being lost in translation, this is very basic stuff here.

CRZ and Realm swapping ARE NOT the same thing.

Helltrixz literally changed his story, At first he was talking about CRZ thinking that it was active for current content, saying the only reason he saw people in the world in MoP and WoD was because of CRZ. Which directly counters his point about the world being dead since all of the people who he saw that he thought were artificially inflated due to CRZ were in fact on his realm and he was just too ignorant to know.
    Nothing strawmanish about it, I went straight for the point. CRZ was bread and butter of MoP and made it seemingly look alive. Same thing as in Legion and world quests. There's a bunch of nobodies from xy realms that might as well be replaced with NPCs and you couldn't tell a difference.
    Then I called him out on his objective lies and lack of knowledge of the game that he is spewing so much hate about.
    This is false, CRZ didn't happen in current content zones. Only old zones. butyouknewthatalreadyright?
    Then he changed his story to talk about realm swapping instead of CRZ like he was at first. He knew they were different things, but he had to change his posts to pretend that he didn't just get called out.
    Oh, and here I thought I was jumping realms for those rares in MoP. Wow, thank you for telling me I was wrong!
    Then he started talking about how cities used to be the same as "going out in the world" because he forgot what his actual argument was but that didn't outweigh his need to look like a fool.
    Cities were a part of the world, once upon a time.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ah so you ran out of meaningful things to say so you just started insulting me. Understood, go back to lurking.

I never said it was 100% impossible, I just don't see how you make friends with random people that you walk by while questing. I have plenty of friends and guildies, hence why I'm not swooning over my nostalgia and polishing my grad school soccer trophies like you and Helltrixz

You're just bitter because your friends quit wow and you have no one to play with. Make new friends and move on man.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-10-16 at 08:47 PM.