Decided to get back into it, picked up Junkrat as I hear he's a super newb friendly hero. Was a bunch of fun finding the wierd things you can do with his mines, I think I need to find some experienced people to play with though because it was basically just chaos every game and was hard to discern if I was doing the right thing or not.

Love the brawl though, could play that for days and probably will!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    i got it! i finally got it!
    the symmetra cute spray!
    after so god damn long!

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The best games, IMO, are the hard-fought ones that go right to the end and are won in super-overtime. I'd much rather lose a match like that than win a roflstomp match.
    I completely agree thats why I shared my game because it was such a close game and so enjoyable even tho we lost and the fact everyone on both teams commented and loved how close it was to going either way. Those games just make Overwatch amazing.

Deleted
    Getting more and more annoyed by the trolls in comp, 3 games in a row where I ended up with the same mei blocking us into the spawn despite waiting 5 minutes for signing between the first and second game and 10 minutes between the second and third game. Lost about 60 sr due to that mei.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many Mercys out there now. And almost none of them willing to heal anyone who isn't a part of their premade. Do they not realise that pocket healing their friend is not actually very helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i got it! i finally got it!
    the symmetra cute spray!
    after so god damn long!
    Is that the Carwash one or .. I can't even remember what the other one was, place 3 teleporters in one round? Either ways, grats Although I think she's pouting a bit much iirc (I went to using the hexagon silhouette spray).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So many Mercys out there now. And almost none of them willing to heal anyone who isn't a part of their premade. Do they not realise that pocket healing their friend is not actually very helpful?
    Holy shit, this! It's duo's in general that are usually extremely selfish in everything they do, from their picks to their play, but a Mercy pocket healing/damage boosting a Solider or Junkrat is the most common.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just relaxing to play as Zennyatta

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing more lately because my internet has stabalized. Noticed my skill being a lot higher when, you know, I'm not lag-dying every thirty seconds. Playing a lot of Mei, because Mei. I had to explain to a friend that self-healing charges ults now, and that I sometimes take purposeful damage as Mei just to get it up higher. I don't do it recklessly, of course, but there are moments where I'm a little more out in the open to bait people to attack. Also the occasional Widow who either doesn't think I can hurt them, or doesn't know I'm there. Damage dropoff is big, but it will still kill eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Decided to get back into it, picked up Junkrat as I hear he's a super newb friendly hero. Was a bunch of fun finding the wierd things you can do with his mines, I think I need to find some experienced people to play with though because it was basically just chaos every game and was hard to discern if I was doing the right thing or not.

Love the brawl though, could play that for days and probably will!
    I can give you some Junkrat pointers, since I suppose he's my "main", though I am a bit rusty with him. Point 1: just keep firing EVERYWHERE. Nah, but really, you're gonna be shooting a lot at nothing. Once you get the hang of his arcs, it becomes a lot more like leading your shots like you would any other character with not hit scan or whatever. Mines are good for getting yourself in high places (really nice on Gebralter), but most uses will be for offensive kill things damage. Being up high isn't always great, even though teh game tips tend to think so. Your grenades bounce really high when they hit the ground that way, making them harder to aim.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I can give you some Junkrat pointers, since I suppose he's my "main", though I am a bit rusty with him. Point 1: just keep firing EVERYWHERE. Nah, but really, you're gonna be shooting a lot at nothing. Once you get the hang of his arcs, it becomes a lot more like leading your shots like you would any other character with not hit scan or whatever. Mines are good for getting yourself in high places (really nice on Gebralter), but most uses will be for offensive kill things damage. Being up high isn't always great, even though teh game tips tend to think so. Your grenades bounce really high when they hit the ground that way, making them harder to aim.
    Also to add to this, the biggest thing I feel with Junkrat is knowing whether or not you're going to be using your mine in a short time or not.

Don't be afraid to actually leave it hidden next to your trap, as your trap gives a good amount of ultimate charge as it is, but with the mine nearby can pick of an annoying flanker like Tracer or Genji and then you get even MORE ultimate charge. My friend for some reason argues to high heaven that it's awful to leave them in combo, and I have no idea why. If you're not using the mine for the next like 8 seconds, you might as well leave it there, since if you need the mine in a pinch, you can always throw a new one. It's not like having one up keeps you from using a new one.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like most Junkrats will hold onto their mine rather than use it as a trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like most Junkrats will hold onto their mine rather than use it as a trap.
    For me it's because it tends to get destroyed if I just leave it somewhere, instead of just using it purely offensively.

For me it's because it tends to get destroyed if I just leave it somewhere, instead of just using it purely offensively.
    Depends on the map I suppose, usually hiding it above a doorway helps. No one looks up when entering a room.

But using it offensively is fine too and easier, I'm just saying if you're not using it within its cooldown, you might as well leave it somewhere for a bit defensively.

Should I feel good that I mained into a F tier hero (Junkrat) and actually do rather well with him?

Either way it feels good knowing he might actually get buffed in the future, seeing as though he's used less than 5% in competitive games. I can see why too. Slow moving projectile bombs and a trap that just takes a bit of a learning curve to look out for before it becomes completely useless doesn't mix well in high level play. I'm not even sure if they can speed up the projectile speed on his attack as a buff without throwing things into chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing more lately because my internet has stabalized. Noticed my skill being a lot higher when, you know, I'm not lag-dying every thirty seconds. Playing a lot of Mei, because Mei. I had to explain to a friend that self-healing charges ults now, and that I sometimes take purposeful damage as Mei just to get it up higher.
    I do the same thing with Reinhardt on some maps, like Nepal: Shrine (the one with the big central hill-shrine). If we've got the point, I'll stand at the top of the stairs, shield down. They'll peek out and shoot me from their gate, which is so far away (and Rein's health is so high) that I'm not in any serious threat. That small amount of damage gets healed by our healers, who charge ults faster as a result. And my shield's not pointlessly getting worn down, too. The people shooting get the same ult charge from hitting me or my shield, and this way they're busy and not rushing the point.

Little things like that are a big help to the healers. If you're Roadhog and you're at 3/4 health, don't use your heal, let the healers top you up and get ult charge, if they're nearby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Should I feel good that I mained into a F tier hero (Junkrat) and actually do rather well with him?

Either way it feels good knowing he might actually get buffed in the future, seeing as though he's used less than 5% in competitive games. I can see why too. Slow moving projectile bombs and a trap that just takes a bit of a learning curve to look out for before it becomes completely useless doesn't mix well in high level play. I'm not even sure if they can speed up the projectile speed on his attack as a buff without throwing things into chaos.
    The meta is REALLY loose, and really only applies to top-tier players. Heroes like Torb and Bastion are ranked so low because good players can counter them so easily, and their immobility makes them easy to target and respond to. If you're playing at average ranks, though, they're often decent choices. A lot of the other low-rank heroes aren't "bad" either, it's just that pro players are that much more able to squeeze a little more "oomph" out of another hero. D.va, for instance, is a great tank, but there's little way to boost her performance through skilled play. Her ult is predictable and hugely obvious, her defensive screen is great but limited, and her main attack deals constant okay damage, and isn't able to target anything accurately or at long range. Reinhardt and Zarya are MUCH easier to capitalize on their strengths, if you're a good player, while offsetting their disadvantages, so they shine more at that top tier.

But if you're under say rank 3500, I'd take hero rankings with more than a bit of salt. At the ~2500 rank area I play in, pretty much everyone sees pretty consistent use.

It's not that Junkrat's "bad". It's that if you have god-tier twitch aim skills, McCree or Tracer or Genji are probably better. And I do mean "I should go pro" level skills, not just "I hit diamond once, I'm amazing".

10+ Year Old Account
    A-mei-zing

10+ Year Old Account
    big losing streak today in the 2500s I need a new team... anyone want a Lucio main?

just ate a junkrat concussion mine with d.vas matrix

thats just dumb. if her guns can shoot something of that size, why not also his tire, hell other heroes even. get too close to a defense matrix, get deleted.

this, also with genji's oversized reflect, is just too much of a "catch-all" defense with minimal amount of effort, there needs to be more exceptions other than "beam" weapons which there are only two and one's questionable to be using in the first place
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    A-mei-zing

Just looked up that website, it starts kind of funny with hanzo, bastion and genji (the picks that attracts the worst players) but it ends up going to the normal hero's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    big losing streak today in the 2500s I need a new team... anyone want a Lucio main?
    Had a decent week, modest gain after a bad losing streek that got me from close to 2600 to at some point 1980......

2 things I learend:
    Stop playing competition with pugs in the weekends (I only pug)
    Stop playing healers and focus on learning to play tanks especially Rein

2e thing is the most important, I can kill as much as any dps when tanking on D.VA/Zarya which frankly is kind of bad given that my range isn't that great.

With Rein I'm able to push past choke points like no other because he is the strongest character in close range combat.

Tanks are the way to go, you can kill as much as any dps while also pushing for the objective (which to many people forget) and when the time comes your also the one that prevents the enemy's ulti from wipping your team out.

I don't think they can.

I've been playing at 2200-2400, Junk is very viable at most maps, both attack and defense.
    I can imagine Junk being junk (pun intended :P) at higher tiers as people simply hit most of the instant shots with mcree, soldier and alike, but at gold (or so) he's very viable.

Still, if bombs were faster, Junk would be OP, imho.

Coupled with the throwing bomb, you can almost manipulate where the person (in mid range) will go and catch him/her with at least 1 shot.

EDIT: As for the topic title.....I cant seem to break 2500. Most usually it's due to the fact I can get 5+ games in a row with people wanting to play normal comps.

Junkrat doesn't get picked because he isn't verstal.

I could pick Soldier on any map be it attack or defense and it wouldn't really effect how well I play, at the same time it wouldn't mater which hero the other side chooses.

Defensive hero's aren't like that, they excel in preventing people from entering a certain area but straight out killing your opponents wins. As long as I stay at range and don't wonder off on my own no Mei will even come close to me, same with Junk.