Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    You fail, you don't get any loot.

That seems like a pretty simple concept.
    So again as soon as it looks like a loss people quit and leave pissing away time and discouraging people from doing these at all. All in effort to try and fix a much smaller issue
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    All you have to do is give the key holder a way to cancel the instance and keep their keystone on a lock out. By that, I mean that if the keystone holder has someone leave their group and they are unable to finish, they can hit a button and the instance cancels and the keystone goes on a 8 hour cooldown. This punishes people who try to abuse resetting keystones when they miss +2 or +3. It punishes, a little, the people trying to actually complete it, but not screwing them over fully. This stops the ability of a group to kick out the keystone person and replace with friends.

Then, for the leaver, put in an hour long debuff for leaving that prevents any queueing at all. Each subsequent time you leave the debuff time doubles. 1 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours etc etc. This shouldn't punish too badly people who actually have to leave for real reasons as that shouldn't be something that happens too often. The debuff could be disabled once the timer in M+ runs out so that someone isn't locked in to the instance forever with griefers.

There, problem solved.
    I actually really like this. Means they can't just cancel over and over again if they don't like their time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So again as soon as it looks like a loss people quit and leave pissing away time and discouraging people from doing these at all. All in effort to try and fix a much smaller issue
    The only thing you're out of is time. How is that any different than failing to clear a boss in a pug?

Maybe a check system that shows how many times a player left, DC'd ect that you can see when you sign up for groups. Would also show completions and highest completions and most recent?

Then again, this brings up the whole gear score/can't get into a group because I haven't done X thing. It isn't as totally simple as folks want it to be. Thankfully, I run + with folks I know only and leave the randoms to my heroics and regular Mythics.

Anyone who thinks they'll add penalties to people leaving is dumb. Stop suggesting it because it's a terrible idea and will never happen to any content in the entire game that's formed with a premade group. It isn't a queue, you don't get to have queue penalties when you invited them to a group with you and opted to run with them.

The only good solution is to not deplete a keystone unless a run is actually completed. Literally the only reason depletion exists is to prevent looting a dungeon at the same keystone level more than once. If you haven't gained any loot from a keystone, there's no reason to deplete it. The system will function the same as it currently does: You can only loot a dungeon once at a given keystone level, and you have to beat the dungeon in time if you want to upgrade it and keep going. People might reset if they bone up a timer early on and plan to keep trying til they upgrade the keystone, but that hardly matters since you can already just complete a run in any amount of time to get loot and then try as many times as you want to to upgrade it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The solution is to stop trying to do difficult organized content with pugs.
    Get some friends. Get some guildies.
    "but I don't have time/friends/guild/insert excuse here"
    Sounds like hard organized content isn't for you then.

If you must pug, you have to be ready for the consequences.
    Sometimes they're shitters, sometimes they DC, sometimes their cat is on fire and they leave randomly.
    It's the risk you take pugging ANY content, except in this case its even more risky since you chance messing up your keystone.
    Get reliable people, or roll the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    You fail, you don't get any loot.

That seems like a pretty simple concept.
    Seems like this would make the situation even worse.

At this point I can reasonably predict whether or not the team will beat the timer before the first boss, if not after the first ~2-3 pulls. Even if I'm positive we won't beat the timer, I always stick around because one chest is better than none. I doubt I'm the only one with this mindset.

Take away the completion chest and now there's no reason to waste 30 minutes with a group that won't beat the timer. Throw a bunch of draconian penalties to prevent leaving and there's no reason to bother with the LFG tool at all.

The end state of all this would essentially be the same - m+'s exclusive to friends list.

Easy Solution :

Enable Replace System, the dude joining the party will get no chest but it will count for weekly chest, so we avoid the "replace X with Y friend and let him gear", + an ap token 10k for "helping"

Otherwise there are 2 simply solution

if you left -> weekly chest will be disable and a debuff for early left (yes you can join an alt and think how fucking retard you were )

if you kick someone (and there is no replace system) that used the key, you will get no weekly chest.
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-10-17 at 07:24 PM.

1. Add M+ keystone based loot lockouts.
    2. Give party the ability to reset instance if somebody leaves/disc before first boss is dead(number of enemies < 10%(or better number), etc.).
    3. Person that leaves can still join group with same keystone but will not get loot if group progressed.

Two solutions that i can see working good and not abused is...

1.Instead of the key depleting it instead downgrades 1 lvl and rolls for a new dungeon.

2.Reset it while inside and you would need to put the key in again to start which would keep people from key stealing.

i did dozens of mythic+ dungeon and it never happened to me.. not even once..

to be honest there is no reason to leave, even if the group is bad and not making the timer, you still get loot in the end.
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Internet issues would break that solution pretty quick. Would be unfair if a random internet issue screws them over for a day.
    Mythic Plus is a party system, not LFG. A random disconnect would not kick that player from the group. Maybe have a 5 minute timer or something to get back into the game / dungeon before the debuff incurs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    i did dozens of mythic+ dungeon and it never happened to me.. not even once..
    Well aren't you special... I've had people leave a mythic plus on two occasions. Both times we still finished the dungeon with 4 people, but obviously not on time, and it was painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I reckon either multiple keys per week or if someone leaves the timer pauses and mobs become unattackable but one shot you if you try pass them.
    Multiple keys introduces way too much loot into the game. Mythic+ are already the best way to gear up and the only thing even trying to stem the tide of loot flowing in from them is the scarcity of keys.

Timer pausing introduces situations (a lot of them) where you constantly replace people based on their particular strengths (bring in your DHs for trash then sub them all out for single-target classes for bosses, for example) or, heck, even if their cooldowns are up. Just imagine taking this to the extreme - you have 30 people (with lots of mages/shamans) all doing 1 mythic dungeon. You change out your 3 dps every single pack so they can get a fresh heroism for every pack. Even more realistically, you have 3 spare dps waiting outside, maybe even alts of the players. You rotate them in/out every single pack so their CDs are always up. Yes, it'll be tedious, but it'll also make really high mythic+ levels significantly easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Mythic Plus is a party system, not LFG. A random disconnect would not kick that player from the group. Maybe have a 5 minute timer or something to get back into the game / dungeon before the debuff incurs?

- - - Updated - - -

Well aren't you special... I've had people leave a mythic plus on two occasions. Both times we still finished the dungeon with 4 people, but obviously not on time, and it was painful.
    well arent you radical.... if someone had to suddenly leave due to family emergency, power shortage, just a random isp dc. do they need to be punished? even you said it happened to you just twice. its not a widespread thing, it happens rarely because shit sometimes happens. there is no need to change everything because of that. calm your tits special kid.

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-10-17 at 07:38 PM.
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's creepy. The system doesn't know the reasons for leaving and a note like that implies the worse or rather players will infer the worse from it.
    Yeah but chances are people won't be leaving. Let's be real, if you're signing up for a Mythic+ you already know you're gonna be there for a while, if you leave that is on you. There are plenty of trolls who join groups and drop out right after to waste keys for other people, and at the very least it will stop that from happening. The likelihood of a d/c that isn't a quick one that allows you to be right back is a very small chance.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It's really simple, give everyone who leaves mid-run a "leaver's mark", currency-type that only gets reduced by completing runs. And add this as a check-value the same way as min-ilvl in the LFG tool. Gives leaders a really easy way to know what kind of player they are about to invite.

To be clear, this idea needn't automatically give you such a mark--you'd probably have one chance before your mark would show in case you DC. That way someone who accidentally DC's doesn't get a mark automatically; they have time to erase it. This would at least cut the problem down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    To be clear, this idea needn't automatically give you such a mark--you'd probably have one chance before your mark would show in case you DC. That way someone who accidentally DC's doesn't get a mark automatically; they have time to erase it. This would at least cut the problem down a bit.
    Well it could wait like 5m to give them a mark. That's a fair amount of time to reboot a modem and if it's not have an option in the group to do a vote if they should get a mark or not (ie they called you and said it's rebooting), that might fix the issue.

this is not a problem. the devs should not change anything. if you are worried about people leaving mid dungeon then dont invite random players you dont know. learn to live in a community join a guild or start a chat channel for mythic + dungeons where you can police your own group. blizzard does not want to implement a zero tolerance policy if its going to affect innocent players negatively.

Deleted
    The best solution would perhaps be to either lock that specific difficulty, remove their keystone or make them redo normal and up. But then again, this goes beyond mythic. Leavers are everywhere and cause all sorts of trouble for other players and that's how it's always been, though depleting other peoples keys is a bit too far.

I'd be very curious to see how often this happens in actuality. It's pretty natural for the outlier negative experiences to come to mind over the others. I mean, would it really be worth adding an imperfect fix if it only happened, say, 5% or the time?

Then you also have the much larger grey area of "who is right?" when someone does leave due to "poor performing group". At what point of failure is it acceptible to drop group?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

how do you come up with a solution that does not get abused? what if you get into a group and it turns out to be ass? Solutions arent as simple when you have a player base like this. Remember a lot of the things we have in place are in place because we cant play nice with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless